Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Dagran Thaurissan II's inheritance to the Dwarven throne and politics it will stir among the three Dwarven clans.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    You forgot this plot thread: The Ren'dorei and their quest to reclaim Quel'Thalas.

Already in BfA, Magister Umbric said, quoted verbatim by Moi, “We fight for the Alliance because we believe in its values. And one day I pray we will bring all of Silvermoon back into the fold.”

In the recent book "Exploring the Eastern Kingdoms", in-universe written by Shaw, it is noted by Spymaster Shaw that Alleria Windrunner is confident that the Alliance will reclaim Quel'Thalas:

Already in the comic "Three Sisters" written before BfA released, it was shown that the Void Lords, who whisper to Alleria, have told her that the throne of Silvermoon belongs to her by right. So Canonically and Factually the Void believes that Alleria Windrunner is the rightful monarch of Quel'Thalas.

Thereby, Canonically, the Ren'dorei under Alleria Windrunner and Magister Umbric are working to reclaim Quel'Thalas for the Alliance, further proving their worth to the Alliance in doing so.
    The problem is that the Windrunners were not the rulers of Silvermoon to start with. They were part of the military.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

7+ Year Old Account
    - I would add the chromatic, twilight and infinite dragonflight.

- I still would want to see Cromatus as endboss.

- Undermine and the kingdom of azjol-nerub could be interesting plot thread

- The saberons and the Botani that came from draenor.

- Ogre continent.

Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    The problem is that the Windrunners were not the rulers of Silvermoon to start with. They were part of the military.
    don't mind, the delusion about void elves is strong in this one.

to think they have any claim to the place, like it was theirs, is just laughable, they think the windrunners are some sort of godsend characters, to a point of believing the void lord bs.

Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    The Windrunners were the second strongest family in the Kingdom, being in charge of the military and controlling their own town and stronghold (which no other family had). Since the Sunstriders are now wiped out, they would be the strongest surviving noble family. Which gives truth to the Void Lords' statement. In the absence of the strongest family, the throne would go to the second strongest. And Alleria, as the oldest surviving Windrunner, would be the current "head" of the Windrunner family.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Wherever all the Dreadlords go after Shadowlands.

Mostly because their free agents with their fingers in every pie anything focusing on them could be pretty unpredictable where as the light, void or life expansion will probably just be going to their various realms and finding the Zereth (Latin Word).

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    the Sunstriders are now wiped out, they would be the strongest surviving noble family.
    you mean one windrunner who live by favor in dalaran and the other in stormwind, a family of two elves and two half-breeds

Both alleria and veressa, traitors and exiles

do you, not ironically, think this is the strongest blood elf family alive now?

I just want to spend some time on the worldbuilding of the Horde/Alliance again, all the Exploring EK / Kalimdor books was restate the status quo

There wasn't any more deep dive on the cultures and how things were developing or changes.

I would really love something on the Orc clans redeveloping and the Human Kingdoms, as well as cultural groups for the other races.
    Twas brillig

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    I'd be down for this. Blood Elve players could even claim it back in a later patch, but these old cities are just sat there forever when they could be part of the story. What's even happening in Gilneas now?

- - - Updated - - -

It can't just be me that's assuming that this will actually happen sooner or later?

Anduin will get back from Shadowlands and Turalyon will be like "So... I'm actually a far better leader, decades more miliitary experience, I've been helping the people loads rather than running off on adventures, I clearly would make a far better King for the people, so I'm just going to stay in charge..."
    Then we'll have to do "Siege of Stormwind" to usurp him and put Anduin back in charge.
    The REAL loose plot thread in here is, who is Turalyon after a millennia of war with the Burning Legion? One THOUSAND plus years as the general in an intergalactic army of Light compared to his, like, thirty some years on Azeroth, is absolutely nothing - he should be a completely different person than the one who disappeared into the Dark Portal. His fanatical war against the forces of evil should have changed him irreparably.

Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    The REAL loose plot thread in here is, who is Turalyon after a millennia of war with the Burning Legion?
    A guy who quite easily forgives Illidan for killing his god. And later he even admits that Xe'ra was wrong. A guy who doesn't even condemn his wife's newfound schizo powers. A guy who helps Anduin during the Gathering and even apologizes to the undead priest. The only dubious thing he did was shackle civilians with Light while his wife tortured them. And even then he did not like it, and tried to dissuade Alleria from doing it.

It is worth noting tho that nu-Turalyon was Afrasiabi's baby. It is likely that Danuser has completely different plans for him.
    Last edited by BaumanKing; 2022-01-07 at 06:39 PM.

The total destruction of the alliance by the hands of the Zandalari. Vengeance for Rastakhan! The Alliance will know nothing but defeat.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post
    A guy who quite easily forgives Illidan for killing his god. And later he even admits that Xe'ra was wrong. A guy who doesn't even condemn his wife's newfound schizo powers. A guy who helps Anduin during the Gathering and even apologizes to the undead priest. The only dubious thing he did was shackle civilians with Light while his wife tortured them. And even then he did not like it, and tried to dissuade Alleria from doing it.

It is worth noting tho that nu-Turalyon was Afrasiabi's baby. It is likely that Danuser has completely different plans for him.
    I hope we can kill Alleria and Turalyon both. THey are war cirminals responsible for the loss of countless Horde lifes. Vengeance for the fallen!

I hoped there would be illusion of Velen in Anduin raid fight. it would perfectly close his comic.

and end any further speculation about final battle

also
    I want to see Gilneas reclaimed
    and Gnomeregan repaired further
    and Sentinel Hill's fires extinguished

Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post

The idea of the poster that you quoted is that Turalyon’s writing in Legion is stupid because a guy who fought demons for a thousand years acts almost exactly the same as he used to, same as his wife. I agree and think that a fundamentally fanatic or at least mentally anguished Turalyon would be far better writing than him not changing as a person AT ALL.

And yes, I’m aware Velen is 1000000000 years old and didn’t change as a person from leaving Argus until Legion. That’s stupid too.
    Last edited by EbaumsTipster; 2022-01-07 at 09:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    And yes, I’m aware Velen is 1000000000 years old and didn’t change as a person from leaving Argus until Legion. That’s stupid too.
    The older someone gets the less they tend to change overall - I would imagine for a being that may be naturally immortal this would be magnified greatly. Past a certain point, the only things that can really change a person are profound and personal traumas, like the loss of a son (which Velen experiences once more in Legion).
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Remember when we were supposed to heal Azeroth's wounds?

And then we laserbeamed N'Zoth (who was only summoned thanks to the Azerite we used to break his chains) and suddenly the world is saved? Seems like we're just back to square one.

7+ Year Old Account
    -Vol’jin + Rezan morphing into a new loa
    -Wrathion’s quest for Dragon Isles
    -The Scarlet Crusade resurgence and Calias child as their apparent hostage
    -the disappearance of the new Firelands leader
    These ones

Also the whole... Sword sticking out of the planet
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    The older someone gets the less they tend to change overall - I would imagine for a being that may be naturally immortal this would be magnified greatly. Past a certain point, the only things that can really change a person are profound and personal traumas, like the loss of a son (which Velen experiences once more in Legion).
    I really did not like what they did with his son in Legion (witnessing Xera be somewhat crazy accomplishes the same change in thought for him, in a more meaningful way) but I’ll agree that Velens huge age could have that effect.

I still argue that Turalyon is far too normal before and after (not during) the Xera meeting.

Sword stuck in the planet wins for sheer absurd "writers have painted themselves into one hell of a corner". Oh but we sucked out all the evil power with artifacts!

Great, now what about the blade still stuck there? Typically, when someone is stabbed, he either dies or gets the blade removed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Based off of 9.2 PTR there are several plot threads that have yet to be tied up in Shadowlands and beyond.

-Vol’jin + Rezan morphing into a new loa
    -Light and Life nathrezim traitors
    -Turalyon’s regency
    -Wrathion’s quest for Dragon Isles
    -Magatha in close proximity to many Shaman artifacts
    -The Scarlet Crusade resurgence and Calias child as their apparent hostage
    -Azshara looking for the “true throne of power”
    -Xalatath xalatathing
    -Yrel, the lightbound and their “light mother”
    -the disappearance of the new Firelands leader
    and the Stonemother hating humans again

These are just some that I can remember that happened throughout Legion, BFA and SL. Hopefully these are all used to populate a revamp with plots across the continents, but regardless which of these plots are you looking forward to the most and where do you think they will go?
    AU grom's son and king turalyon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I really did not like what they did with his son in Legion (witnessing Xera be somewhat crazy accomplishes the same change in thought for him, in a more meaningful way) but I’ll agree that Velens huge age could have that effect.

I still argue that Turalyon is far too normal before and after (not during) the Xera meeting.
    I wasn't really fond of the Rakeesh story either, though I understood it as a device for hardening Velen's resolve and finally getting him to stop being complacent and physically bring the fight to Argus - a requirement for him to witness Xe'ra being batshit crazy in the first place. I think the story could've been done a bit more tastefully and with more gravitas, but that's neither here nor there as concerns the continuity of the narrative. Velen needed the push to get him out of his funk and finally make a proactive move against the Legion.

I'm not sure about Turalyon "being normal," but I do agree that his personality doesn't really reflect a subjective 1,000 years of experience in a pitched battle against the Legion, either. Turalyon doesn't show any added wisdom or personal changes - he's pretty much as he was in WC2 and WC2: TFT, just older and more grizzled-looking than before (physically anyways).
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead