Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    That's actually interesting. I'm not gonna lie.

"Though it appeared to be a featureless golden disk, it was, in fact, a talisman of immense power that could be used to destroy or enslave other dragons".

"The Soul has long since been destroyed, but the Chain, which may hold some residual power, was last seen in the possession of Warlord Zaela."

"The residual power from the Soul still allows the wearer of the Demon Chain to control the minds of dragons."

So, a possible domination threat by the Dragonmaw clan, or by some mechanically-adept race? It actually corresponds with my Dragonmaw vs Dragonflayer Battleground concept and with the Jailer's domination theme.

You're not really updated, are you? Heart of the Aspects = Cloud Serpents next expansion. Fae Dragon = WoD Draenei mount. Nightmare Moose mount from Archimonde? Highmountain in Legion. Nightsaber mount in WoD? Nightborne in Legion. Sylverian Dreamer in BfA? Ardenweald in Shadowlands.

Not every. But, when you most likely have a Dragon-themed expansion coming up, a mechanical dragon is very telling.

There could be. You know, WoW draws its sources heavily from D&D. And i like it that you can't imagine anything beyond what currently exists. It's like talking to a child.

I know what it means. And there are White Dragons in D&D. You know, like the other color-based dragonflights introduced in WoW from that game - Red, Green, Blue, Black and Bronze (which is metallic).

Of course you are. You can't see anything new introduced into the game. "If it doesn't exist in the game, as we speak, it can never be".

Go ahead, then. Let's see you come up with one.
    So because a couple of mounts in the store were linked to expansions that means ALL of them are? Give me a fucking break. Also, the moose mount wasn't a store mount so using that as an example just show you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. A mechanical dragon doesn't fucking prove anything especially since there is a fucking winged cat mount and a new gryphon mount added to the store during Shadowlands. It proves NOTHING. You are 100% reaching. There is no fucking mechanical dragonflight because there is no way for them to procreate. The mechanical dragon would be nothing more than an engineer fucking around.

It doesn't fucking matter that there's white dragons in D&D. They don't exist in WoW. You clearly DON'T know what the term albino means since you're trying to use that mount as an example as to why a white dragonflight will come into the game. And again, I'm not narrow-minded for pointing out why your "concept" is utterly asinine.

Dude chill, it's just some guy's concept, why are you fucking raging ������

10+ Year Old Account
    That's actually interesting. I'm not gonna lie.

"Though it appeared to be a featureless golden disk, it was, in fact, a talisman of immense power that could be used to destroy or enslave other dragons".

"The Soul has long since been destroyed, but the Chain, which may hold some residual power, was last seen in the possession of Warlord Zaela."

"The residual power from the Soul still allows the wearer of the Demon Chain to control the minds of dragons."

So, a possible domination threat by the Dragonmaw clan, or by some mechanically-adept race? It actually corresponds with my Dragonmaw vs Dragonflayer Battleground concept and with the Jailer's domination theme.
    I see it more as an opening for Undermine to be a part of the expansion. Either Wrathion seeking information from the Goblins to find the location of the Dragon Isles, or Gallywix using Undermine to find the location of Dragon Isles to obtain power for himself.

Or maybe both.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    "Unliving Dragonflight" sounds a lot better than "Not-Living Dragonflight", just FYI.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I see it more as an opening for Undermine to be a part of the expansion. Either Wrathion seeking information from the Goblins to find the location of the Dragon Isles, or Gallywix using Undermine to find the location of Dragon Isles to obtain power for himself.

Or maybe both.
    Come on... you can do more than this. Work with me. How can we incorporate the Dragon soul's enslavement feature into this concept? Why were they hinting at it alongside a mechanical dragon? Do demons feature like in the concept i made? Does the gnome play a part in the concept or is it just a trivial part of the description like the Night elf who dreamt the Sylverian Dreamer was?

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    "Unliving Dragonflight" sounds a lot better than "Not-Living Dragonflight", just FYI.
    Yea... that's not a name i chose. Blizzard did.
    But, i'll fix that. Thanks for the suggestion.

You're not really updated, are you? Heart of the Aspects = Cloud Serpents next expansion. Fae Dragon = WoD Draenei mount. Nightmare Moose mount from Archimonde? Highmountain in Legion. Nightsaber mount in WoD? Nightborne in Legion. Sylverian Dreamer in BfA? Ardenweald in Shadowlands.
    What's the Sylverian Dreamer connection? The don't come from Ardenweald.

Also, it's likely Fae Dragons in WoD were only connected to Draenor because they already had a model for the creature to use and some level designer decided to make fancy new Waypoint mounts using that model to promote people buying it. Fae Dragons don't really have any design connection to either Draenei or Draenor, their design is based on Faerie Dragons of WC3 which were native to Kalimdor and the Emerald Dream.

This majestic creature is Brightwing's older brother. He affirms that she was, in fact, adopted.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2021-12-28 at 05:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    What's the Sylverian Dreamer connection? The don't come from Ardenweald.
    "Veilwings are feathered dragonkin native to Ardenweald."

Also, it's likely Fae Dragons in WoD were only connected to Draenor because they already had a model for the creature to use and some level designer decided to make fancy new Waypoint mounts using that model to promote people buying it.
    That's your assumption.

Fae Dragons don't really have any design connection to either Draenei or Draenor, their design is based on Faerie Dragons of WC3 which were native to Kalimdor and the Emerald Dream.
    I was surprised too. But, given how they couldn't use Nether Rays, it served as an alternative mount.

This majestic creature is Brightwing's older brother. He affirms that she was, in fact, adopted.
    You know, there are overlaps between Azeroth and Draenor. Take wolves, for example. They appear in both planets with different appearances. We know Goldrinn appeared before the Orcish clans even though he's from Azeroth. Now, with the Shadowlands, we know why.

That's your assumption.
    Yes, it is. And it absolutely makes sense considering there's no lore tie in, and it conveniently gets used in an expansion theme and setting that has no real place for them. They're absolutely shoehorned into being Draenei waypoint mounts.

You know, there are overlaps between Azeroth and Draenor. Take wolves, for example. They appear in both planets with different appearances. We know Goldrinn appeared before the Orcish clans even though he's from Azeroth. Now, with the Shadowlands, we know why.
    Yeah, and that would be your assumption that the Fey Dragon would be connected in that way. There's no ingame explanation why they're there at all, and especially not one concerning the overlaps of Azeroth and Draenor considering the Fey Dragons in WoD have no direct Azeroth connection to them either. They're just there.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2021-12-28 at 05:51 PM.

Yes, it is. And it absolutely makes sense considering there's no lore tie in, and it conveniently gets used in an expansion theme and setting that has no real place for them. They're absolutely shoehorned into being Draenei waypoint mounts.
    Don't look at me. I didn't come up with this.

Yeah, and that would be your assumption that the Fey Dragon would be connected in that way. There's no ingame explanation why they're there at all, and especially not one concerning the overlaps of Azeroth and Draenor considering the Fey Dragons in WoD have no direct Azeroth connection to them either. They're just there.
    So are Draenor's Wolves and other creatures that overlap. It may have to do with the Shadowlands and how Loa, or Wild Gods, can be deities of multiple worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayb View Post
    There is very little concept here, just a bunch of pretty pictures
    I got lost through half of it. Throwing in Chinese mythological dragons and others and I had no idea where it was going.

Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    I got lost through half of it. Throwing in Chinese mythological dragons and others and I had no idea where it was going.
    It's been four pages and I still don't know where it's going.
    'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    We can't just simply ignore them. They exist and deserve a place on the Dragon Isles.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayb View Post
    It's been four pages and I still don't know where it's going.
    It's an open discussion.
    You can tell what you like about it or don't like about it, what you think should be added or replaced and such.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your OP is in need of some serious formatting and structuring.

See? I'm not the only one who thinks WoW Dragons are boring.
    Last edited by username993720; 2022-01-07 at 10:57 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    See? I'm not the only one who thinks WoW Dragons are boring.
    Which is why I believe the Dragon Isles won't be our only stop next expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Which is why I believe the Dragon Isles won't be our only stop next expansion.
    Yeah, i bet you would.

We can't just simply ignore them. They exist and deserve a place on the Dragon Isles.
    The origin of the cloud serpents is unknown. They are, however, not part of the "whole Aspects scene"[5] and are not really related to the classic Azerothian dragonflights.[6]

https://twitter.com/DaveKosak/status/522499869219373056

I think it'd make sense to leave them out, since a Dragon Isles expansion should more focus on the traditional type of Dragon and the connections to the Aspects. I wouldn't mind some loose connection to the Cloud Serpents in reference, but having them formally be in the Dragon Isles would take away some of the uniqueness of them having been kept exclusively native to Pandaria.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-01-07 at 06:29 PM.

I wish the dragon isles are not isles? I mean that there are no loading screens while traveling from island to island.

The origin of the cloud serpents is unknown. They are, however, not part of the "whole Aspects scene"[5] and are not really related to the classic Azerothian dragonflights.[6]

https://twitter.com/DaveKosak/status/522499869219373056

I think it'd make sense to leave them out, since a Dragon Isles expansion should more focus on the traditional type of Dragon and the connections to the Aspects. I wouldn't mind some loose connection to the Cloud Serpents in reference, but having them formally be in the Dragon Isles would take away some of the uniqueness of them having been kept exclusively native to Pandaria.
    I know that. But, you know how much myth there is about them? It's wasted potential and a disservice to entire cultures.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon#Asia

Quote Originally Posted by KainneAbsolute View Post
    I wish the dragon isles are not isles? I mean that there are no loading screens while traveling from island to island.
    Who says there will be?

I know that. But, you know how much myth there is about them? It's wasted potential and a disservice to entire cultures.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon#Asia
    It'd be a disservice to the culture to lump em in with a western-styled Dragon expansion with lingering hints at them all being related, IMO. If the culture was important, then keep it exclusive to Pandaria and don't water it down by having it connected to everything else the way they always seem to do with everything in the world. Mogu, Mantid, Yaungol and the Sha are already deeply rooted in worldly lore, thats enough to bridge Pandaria's connection to the world. Let the other unique fauna and mystical beasts be their own thing.

It's like throwing in Faerie Dragons and Rylaks into Dragon Isles too even though there doesn't need to be any real connection or purpose for them being there. It's the Dragon Isles, not the 'Anything related to Dragon' Isles.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-01-08 at 01:04 PM.