10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    So is anyone thinking that Trump plans to announce his run for President again on the 15th?
    Maybe, but doing so now really only gives the opposition the ability to continue to oppose him with the continued message of "look at how much of a fuckup this idiot is, do we really want him fucking things up again?" while his temporary upswing of support will likely bleed away over the next two years.

The threat of yet another trump presidency being real could very well galvanize the democrats into greater action than expected in the 2022 elections. Meanwhile, such a thing would probably only serve to weaken the republican's position as they're stuck between the more mainline republicans trying to distance themselves from Trump and the full crazy republicans trying to court his favor, all while Trump himself does very little to actually help them as he desperately tries to pull in money.

Not to mention the fact that a "Trump declares run for 2024 presidency" headline will likely be swiftly swept under the rug by the upcoming "Trump faces legal battles in new york" and "Trump subpoenaed by congress for roll in January 6th insurrection attempt"
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2022-01-08 at 06:53 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    So is anyone thinking that Trump plans to announce his run for President again on the 15th?
    My guess is that he either doesn't, or, he says he does, but actually does nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    My guess is that he either doesn't, or, he says he does, but actually does nothing.
    If he does do it, it'll be because he needs money and apparently his sycophantic followers haven't already donated every last penny to him and Mr. conspiracypillow.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think he's going to drag out making an announcement as long as he can because as soon as he makes an announcement to run, the money he has raised is no longer a slush fund he can use on whatever he wants.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

Some have stated that he is being recommended to not announce he is running til after the 2022 elections, because he may spark the midterms for the Democrats to keep his cronies out of office, like Bimboebert, Greene, and others that deserve to be in prison. But he has never listened to any advisor before.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Enough about Cruz being a complete cuck. Cruz admits he's a complete cuck by...oh. I guess more about Cruz being a complete cuck.

He then added, "Hurt me, Daddy, please" followed by the sounds of whips cracking as the phone went dead.

It seems Cruz thinks labeling people who were using threats and violence to change political results as terrorists was "sloppy wording" and not "literal definition". We all know what happened of course, the Party of Trump told him that condemning the attack or the attackers was unforgivable and he was shamed for telling the truth. Not a huge surprise, I mean @D3thray just admitted he thought the attack wasn't all that bad, just some peaceful tourists and not an organized insurrection directly started by the person who lost and has spent a literal year yelling FRAUD at passing clouds.
    I… don’t understand how you interpret violent riot as ‘not that bad’, especially when I’ve explicitly said January 6th was bad. You’re straw-manning so hard it’s a little cringe dude.

Also Ted Cruz can go fuck himself. Anyone who’d willingly shut down the government on principle should not be in leadership. Remember ‘Lying Ted’? It’s apt.

Quote Originally Posted by D3thray View Post
    I… don’t understand how you interpret violent riot as ‘not that bad’, especially when I’ve explicitly said January 6th was bad. You’re straw-manning so hard it’s a little cringe dude.

Also Ted Cruz can go fuck himself. Anyone who’d willingly shut down the government on principle should not be in leadership. Remember ‘Lying Ted’? It’s apt.
    You've spent the entire time trying to minimize and deflect, and still keep trying to put Ashli Babbitt on a pedestal.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Except...you know...that was literally the stated goal of a great many of the insurrectionists. And they were openly discussing kidnapping members of Congress and Mike Pence and were shouting their names as they went from office to office looking for people like AOC and Nancy Pelosi.

Let me know when the protests over the summer of 2020 came anything remotely close to temporarily nearly taking over the US Capitol building, or even a state capitol building.

I mean sure, it was broadly unorganized, however there were quite a number of very organized groups participating that has pre-planned actions. See: The operator of the site about the tunnels underneath the Capitol building seeing such a spike in traffic shortly before the attack on the Capitol that he felt it necessary to flag to the FBI.

You can keep trying to compare the events of Jan. 6 to the summer of protests against police violence and for justice and racial equality with a group of people that attacked the US Capitol building with the stated goal of kidnapping officials and overturning an election all you want. But you'll still just be regurgitating lies told again and again by the very Republicans who stoked the violence and then fled like cowards to hide with the rest of the lawmakers that they put in danger with their lies and rhetoric.

Liz Cheney was right to tell Jordan to fuck right off and that he was responsible when he was pretending to play some tough guy hero and "get the women out of the isles" like this is the fuckin Victorian era and women don't have any agency.
    Yes I agree. It was bad. I’ve not seen a single credible personality say otherwise. But an insurrection it was not because that actually requires organization. An organized group of people with intent and ability can mount an insurrection. An unruly mob of white collar Gen-Xers cannot.

10+ Year Old Account
    But an insurrection it was not because that actually requires organization.
    So a large group of like-minded individuals from across the country all showed up in the same place on the same day out of sheer coincidence? Was the location and the activity taking place therein also coincidental?
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    And yet, you've gone out of your way to try and minimize it, and defend the anti-American fascists who tried to overthrow an election.

Weird.
    Pretty sure fascism requires militants. If those people were militants, they’re the mostly poorly armed militants I’ve seen carry that name.

Pretty sure fascism requires militants. If those people were militants, they’re the mostly poorly armed militants I’ve seen carry that name.
    Like I said, the videos speak for themselves. At least you're proving everyone right about you.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    Actually it was more organized. Another person who doesn't know what the fuck they are talking about in a tone as if they do.
    How? How was that more organized? I’m just going by FBI reports. Do you have some super secret insider information to share? If so, why aren’t you testifying before Congress? Do your civic duty man, get the word out there.

Yes I agree. It was bad. I’ve not seen a single credible personality say otherwise. But an insurrection it was not because that actually requires organization. An organized group of people with intent and ability can mount an insurrection. An unruly mob of white collar Gen-Xers cannot.
    It's the literal definition of an insurrection.

- - - Updated - - -

How? How was that more organized? I’m just going by FBI reports. Do you have some super secret insider information to share? If so, why aren’t you testifying before Congress? Do your civic duty man, get the word out there.
    Great, let's see those reports. Do you need a link to the FBI site?

Fucking hope not. He’s damaged goods now, somebody else needs to take up the torch.

- - - Updated - - -

You've spent the entire time trying to minimize and deflect, and still keep trying to put Ashli Babbitt on a pedestal.
    Dude I don’t have to put her on a pedestal to think she shouldn’t have been shot, don’t you start straw-manning too.

Fucking hope not. He’s damaged goods now, somebody else needs to take up the torch.

- - - Updated - - -

Dude I don’t have to put her on a pedestal to think she shouldn’t have been shot, don’t you start straw-manning too.
    She should have been shot. She was part of a mob who wanted to kill people, and who had already broken through multiple barriers and doors... including the one she was climbing through when she was rightfully shot.

Did you ever find those FBI reports you were clamoring about? I've seen so many false statements from you, it's hard to keep track.

When you find yourself shilling for fascists... you should consider your position. It would seem your position is that they should have just let the rioters kill the VP and congressmen.

10+ Year Old Account
    I… don’t understand how you interpret violent riot as ‘not that bad'
    Well for one, you could choose to call it "violent riot" and not the more accurate term of "literal terrorism" or "lynch mob". Which you have done. Over and over. Because calling only a "violent riot" is an attempt to handwave a coup. @Dontrike called you out on it. @Machismo called you out on it. And now, I'm calling you out on it.

You are defending terrorism. For example:

She was bashing in the door of the chamber where Congress was hiding. At what point does "she shouldn't have been shot" end? You are defending her more than her own grieving widower. If you handwaved any harder, I'd know where you lived because NOAA would wonder where all the wind was coming from.

By the way, "terrorism" does not require organization, but bear in mind this was organized. Your man Trump, and his crew, planned for months to lie, lie, and lie about electrion fraud -- there was none -- to stoke up a crowd with the big lie of a stolen election when he lost fair and square. Then, he took a bunch of these people, your friends amongst the rabid fanbase, aimed them at the Capitol and let them go. This was planned. You know that's what the House is looking into, right? The details of the plan? That's why all those communications are being subpoena'd.

Perhaps you're mistaking "organized" with "successful"?

She should have been shot. She was part of a mob who wanted to kill people, and who had already broken through multiple barriers and doors... including the one she was climbing through when she was rightfully shot.

Did you ever find those FBI reports you were clamoring about? I've seen so many false statements from you, it's hard to keep track.

When you find yourself shilling for fascists... you should consider your position. It would seem your position is that they should have just let the rioters kill the VP and congressmen.
    I don’t have the energy for you today man, but your entire position depends on framing which means it’s flimsy. An alternate framing would be these people believed the country’s democratic process had been subverted and set out to defend that democracy and some were murdered by state actors or as you like to put it ‘fascists’. Because in that framing the Capitol police are the fascists.

If you haven’t figured it out yet I don’t agree with your position or theirs because both are too narrow to take in the full context and nuance of the events of that day. So many people and especially here on this forum seem to feel there is only one true interpretation of reality, theirs, and consider outside possibilities as in conflict with their interpretation even though they may be totally congruent. Which is a long winded way of saying two things can be true at once. Don’t fall into the trap of false dichotomies, it’s really easy to do.

I don’t have the energy for you today man, but your entire position depends on framing which means it’s flimsy. An alternate framing would be these people believed the country’s democratic process had been subverted and set out to defend that democracy and some were murdered by state actors or as you like to put it ‘fascists’. Because in that framing the Capitol police are the fascists.

If you haven’t figured it out yet I don’t agree with your position or theirs because both are too narrow to take in the full context and nuance of the events of that day. So many people and especially here on this forum seem to feel there is only one true interpretation of reality, theirs, and consider outside possibilities as in conflict with their interpretation even though they may be totally congruent. Which is a long winded way of saying two things can be true at once. Don’t fall into the trap of false dichotomies, it’s really easy to do.
    My entire position is based on reality, and hundreds of hours of video, including the video of when she was shot. You Trumpsters and your alternative facts are living a delusion. The facts don't give a shit about your lies.

She was the bad guy.

They were trying to subvert democracy, they were literally going against liberty and the United States Constitution. Oh, you have done nothing but defend the position of the racists, fascists, and insurrectionists. That's all you've done, the entire time.

Stop shilling for fascists... it's apparently very easy to do.

Meanwhile, you've been caught making multiple verifiably-false claims, in order to defend fascists.

10+ Year Old Account

Calling other people fascists while employing 1984 "reject the evidence of your eyes and ears" argument is an interesting choice.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    believed
    Some people believe the world is flat.

They're wrong, too.