Quote Originally Posted by UndedoKoleda View Post
    Could be. If an artist made a sculpture out of stone and shamanistic magic was used to bring it to life I guess it could count as earth elemental, but that wouldn't make it a machine. If a girl made a doll out of rags and it was infused with magic to become alive, it wouldn't make it a machine either.
    Oh my...sorry that english is not my first language and that I put the term "machine" even in quotation marks because I couldn't think of a better word. They are artificially created and didn't evolve or were born through natural measures.

Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Exchange Ztudent View Post
    I don't know how they fit 9.2.5 into the release schedule. 8.3 did not have a x.x.5 patch and somehow this expansion can fit it in. What a trainwreck on fire, I have no idea what is even going on anymore.

At least they haven't filed for monetization changes, so I guess its' not going Seasonal but this blue post is a real oddity considering the timeframe they are working on. (When is 9.2.5 supposed to launch? lol? The same timeframe as when 10.0 Announcement and Alpha?)

Unless, Bobby has shown mercy and or he's stepping down and letting someone else take the show since the coming 3 dead Quarters are going to not impress investors.
    A 9.2.5 coudm happen anytime after 9.2 comes out. There are almost inevitably things developed for 9.2 that was cut for time like the ZM arena, or things developed concurrently with 10.0 that is finished earlier and could be added for 9.2.5.

And of course, this is all assuming 9.2.5 is actually the last patch before a late 2022, January 2023 10.0 release.
    If the expansion takes longer than that, which isn't impossible, then we would realistically need something more meaty to hold players over until then.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Could be. If an artist made a sculpture out of stone and shamanistic magic was used to bring it to life I guess it could count as earth elemental, but that wouldn't make it a machine. If a girl made a doll out of rags and it was infused with magic to become alive, it wouldn't make it a machine either.
    Actually, both of those would indeed be machines.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    I hope they use the next expansion to build upon timewalking/old content for each expansion similiar to what they did with the legion version:

- Classic: Give us access to old Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms via the CoT and also allow us to do old Zul Gurub (and maybe Naxxramas) as Timewalking raid, this way old rewards would still stay quite rare but atleast obtainable.
    - TBC: Honestly not quite sure what they can do there, maybe just Sunwell as second TW raid aswell as M+ versions of the Dungeons?
    - WotLK: Make an update to the Argent Tournament to bring in existing new races from Cata-BfA similiar to Hearthstone. Say the story is that we host the tournament every few months to clean out the feral Scourge there - basically making it a second Darkmoon Faire. Also maybe WotlK M+ Dungeons.
    - Cataclysm: Not much content to harvest there, maybe Cata M+ Dungeons.
    - MoP: Throne of Thunder TW raid aswell as Challenge Mode Dungeons - but use the missing third skin for the sets as rewards (f.e. the red paladin set or the blue mage one).
    - WoD: Hellfire Citadell as TW raid aswell as Challenge Mode Dungeons - but give us green reskins of the weapons as rewards.

Also they could easily add mounts for finishing each expansions M+15/CM Dungeons, aswell as achievements for clearing each TW raid which are weirdly missing besides the Illidan Glaive one.
    Mission tables for all old zones *snickers*

- - - Updated - - -

Are earth elementals machines?
    Not in the techno-industrial sense but they are constructs. Machine is just mechanical, and mechanical is a system of parts powering it up. Not sure why many posters here are stuck with the idea that machine means electricity and metal. Old mechanisms to power something up were water, wood and rock.
    Last edited by Polybius; 2022-01-08 at 04:12 PM.

So I guess the speculation/theory was that he kick-starts the process of remaking the reality, but we stop him before he is through with it. However, we're a bit late and parts of reality are already changed/altered, thus us getting a revamp or something. At least that is how I read it.
    I would have pointed out the fight has Zovaal pelting Azeroth with asteroids & chains. Huge devastation. But oh look its a big fix it button & I'd say the most obvious solution is when we beat the Jailer we just use his soul to fuel the sepulcher to fix Azeroth.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Apparently, according to 9.2 lore we're all machines.

I hate it here.

No, they wouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    Not in the techno-industrial sense but they are constructs. Machine is just mechanical, and mechanical is a system of parts powering it up. Not sure why many posters here are stuck with the idea that machine means electricity and metal. Old mechanisms to power something up were water, wood and rock.
    Yeah, except they are actually brought to life. By magic. Are water/fire/air elementals machines? Are undead machines? Are ghost wolves machines?

No, they wouldn't.

Yeah, except they are actually brought to life. By magic. Are water/fire/air elementals machines? Are undead machines? Are ghost wolves machines?
    Yes. They just happen to also have a concious intelligence. That doesn't stop them being machines. "Living" is not a relevant factor here.

Yes. They just happen to also have a concious intelligence. That doesn't stop them being machines. "Living" is not a relevant factor here.
    No they aren't. Air elementals, for instance, are creatures made out of pure air and energy. Absolutely nothing machinery about that.

A lifeless statue is artificial and yet not a machine. If its infused with magic and brought to life it doesn't become a machine, it becomes a being.

Troggs in WoW are not machines. Mechagnomes are not machines. Elementals are not machines either. They are all beings though.

7+ Year Old Account
    No.

A Machine is a mechanical construct, consisting of a multitude of mechanical and/or electrical components that interact with one another.
    A clock is a machine, a computer is a machine.

A doll or rock is not a machine.
    It's an inanimate object, which is then animated by magic.

Formerly known as Arafal

7+ Year Old Account
    Damn, this conversation beats all the Great Arguments of 2021!
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Another Light/Void comparison: Zandalari and Darkspear switching Loa, with the Darkspear getting a Light loa and the Zandalari having a darker one. Unsure what this will bring beyond Darkspear paladins.
    Darker Loa? Do you mean Bwonsamdi, or someone else?

As for Darkspear and their 'Light' Loa, maybe Vol'jin won't be a 100% Light Loa, but a bit more... like a Loa of Hunters or something?
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    And let's be real. One would have to be pretty stupid mentally to remain defiant against Alleria Windrunner, first mortal in the history of the Cosmos to successfully defy the Shadows' whisperes, and Turalyon, most famous Paladin in history, who was turned by a Naaru into an immortal guardian of the Cosmos.
    She says she successfully defied the Shadow's whispers. But based on the Nightborne acquisition questline, she's not in control of anything: Then after almost accidently corrupting the sunwell, instantly, Alleria insists she's fine & wants to go back to the sunwell as soon as possible. Her "ability to control the void" is based on nothing. She is the one being controlled.

At best she's in deep denial, or at worst she's already fully corrupted and being used as some sort of void sleeper-cell.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    She says she successfully defied the Shadow's whispers. But based on the Nightborne acquisition questline, she's not in control of anything: Then after almost accidently corrupting the sunwell, instantly, Alleria insists she's fine & wants to go back to the sunwell as soon as possible. Her "ability to control the void" is based on nothing. She is the one being controlled.

At best she's in deep denial, or at worst she's already fully corrupted and being used as some sort of void sleeper-cell.
    She never says this. Blizzard does. On their official website. With this I accept your concession.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Damn, this conversation beats all the Great Arguments of 2021!
    Yep, and all because I dared to express myself inaccurate (which I already admitted a page earlier). On the other hand I think everyone with half a braincell must have understood what I was trying to say.
    Doesn't matter, the titans were made by the First Ones...be it from robots, arcane energy or whatever. They are constructs...like they made constructs...and then those made vrykul and earthen.

She never says this. Blizzard does. On their official website. With this I accept your concession.
    The official website has also said trolls are a vegetable.

What about Gnomes? I've heard they're quite good in soup.

No, you don't understand. Her constantly having voices in her head telling her to kill everyone around her, and those voices getting stronger and stronger is totally her being in control. Just like her almost fucking over her own people (and probably the whole world) was totally in her control, because she "defied the Shadow's whispers" (except when she doesn't, like in the comic, where she gets affected by them somewhat emotionally, or after N'zoth gets killed, where she says the whispers are getting stronger).

Blizzard Canon > Your headcanon

Many have sought to harness the corruptive magic of the Void. Most who tried have fallen into madness. Determined to use this power for the good of Azeroth, Alleria Windrunner is the first mortal to succeed at defying the shadow's whispers. Coming to the aid of a group of her kin who nearly gave in to the darkness, Alleria has vowed to train these Void elves to control the shadows within them and pledge their newfound powers to the Alliance.
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/game/races/void-elf

It is Canonically stated that Alleria Windrunner is the first mortal in the history of the Cosmos to successfully defy the Shadows' whispers. What this means is that, Canonically, ALL those who wielded the Void before her, did not successfully defy it.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

7+ Year Old Account
    I really hope for Alleria to loose it to the Void in the future and be our dungeon/raid boss that gets killed, just to see this guy world crumble.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Blizzard Canon > Your headcanon

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/game/races/void-elf

It is Canonically stated that Alleria Windrunner is the first mortal in the history of the Cosmos to successfully defy the Shadows' whispers. What this means is that, Canonically, ALL those who wielded the Void before her, did not successfully defy it.
    So the player character does not defy the whispers? I mean, she might defy the whispers but she is still CANONICALLY not in control of her powers and clearly inexperienced (almost destroyed the planet by inviting the Void Lords over).