Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    This, but especially the part that plays at 4:10:

Came in here to post this, down to the exact part.

While these aren't necessarily as nostalgic, I'll still come back them on a regular basis:

-Vanilla: Shaping of the World (CE Soundtrack only)
    -TBC: Opening Theme
    -WotLK: Totems of the Grizzlemaw
    -WotLK: Gunship Battle (ICC)
    -Cataclysm: Western Plaguelands
    -Cataclysm: Grim Batol
    -WoD: Talador
    -WoD: Blackrock & Roll remix
    -WoD: Sea music
    -WoD: Skyreach
    -Legion: Highmountain
    -BFA: Dazar'Alor, as well as the BOD battle remix of that theme
    -BFA: Freehold

Surprisingly despite being arguably my favorite xpac, nothing from MoP really immediately stands out.

This one also plays in the Arathi Highlands. Crossing the Thandol Span for the first time and being greeted by the wide open vista of the Highlands with the ruins of Stromgarde in the background and then this wonderful soundtrack starts playing - it just hits all the right notes for me. Nothing can capture the feeling of exploring this fantasy world with a rich history of its own like this soundtrack.

This one holds a special place in my heart as well.
    Last edited by Nerovar; 2022-01-07 at 01:32 AM.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

Lament of the Highborn..

Azuremyst Isle. Been maining draenei since TBC (and in TBC Classic) so it'll always hold a special place in my heart.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXMg...l=Wowmusicable

this one would have to be it for me,proly because night elf was one of my first,i actualy dont really remember if it was this or tauren,as back then i just tried out multiple stuff to see what i like,but this song just hits my nostalgia butons

10+ Year Old Account
    None. I've played wow without sound from the first
    Wrath baby and proud of it

As an original undead main, to me it’s the music in Hillsbrad.. i guess Alliance know it as Elwynn Forest because i think it’s the same playlist.

A close second would be Eversong Woods.

Third would be Howling Fjord.

The music since then has been amazing too but it doesn’t have the same nostalgia for me..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    The soundtrack of Eversong Woods is my all time favourite, with Azuremyst Isle's being a close second. Third post goes to Terokkar Forest, with honorary mentions to Storm Peaks and Netherstorm/TK.
    Not enough people mention Azuremyst.. it has one of the most mesmerizing atmospheres due to ambience and music..

10+ Year Old Account

Hey, I found it.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

10+ Year Old Account
    Not WoW, but the Warcraft 3 soundtrack is still hands-down the best Warcraft music related work to date. Tracks like Arrival At Kalimdor, Awakening and Rise Of The Ancients still give me nostalgic chills.

The Elwynn Forest theme. I think it plays in other zones like Westfall and Redridge as well. I can't begin to express the emotions it stirs inside - biggest nostalgia hit for me.

My first character was a Human Warrior, who to this day is still my main. This song accompanied all my travels throughout my earliest time in WoW, whether it was making my way to the Fargodeep Mine to fuck up (or get fucked up by) some Kobolds or the long trek to Eastvale Logging Camp, hanging out at Goldshire talking bollocks with people I met in game, or visiting the blacksmithing trainer for new crafts and the warrior trainer for new skills. Whenever I hear this song, I can hear all the combat and ambient sounds as well - the birds chirping, my warrior's "hyea, urggh," with the clanging of metal, knocking of wood, and the horribly timed "whoosh" as I miss an attack at a crucial point in a fight, and of course, "Well met." - what a fucking time.

Quote Originally Posted by Armael View Post
    "Night Song" which can be played through the jukebox in the Garrison is arguably one of the best WoW tracks. A portion of it plays during the Ysera death cinematic in Val'sharah, a cinematic I never skip when taking alts through the questline(s).
    Nightsong was introduced in Cataclysm in Ashenvale. Feralas and Mount Hyjal. It is still playing there today.

I love all WOTLK zones, but especially Sholazar Basin. Spent countless hours there doing dailys, mining and searching for loque and the music helped a lot to enjoy the time there.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    Nightsong was introduced in Cataclysm in Ashenvale. Feralas and Mount Hyjal. It is still playing there today.
    Oh, I know, but I tend to hang out in my Garrison for PVP pet battling, and can have the song on repeat better than if I was in the zone. XD

Yes, so much this. That part at 4:10 is all the feels.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Well this is an exercise that's gonna make me want to play Classic again.

Fck, im almost crying... that nostalgia hit hard. Man, i miss these days and my old onlinefriends. so much fun, so much to explore...

For me there are many great tracks out there mostly from vanilla/wotlk and Cata. In cata I changed a bit and mostly turned of music/sfx so i never got a deep connection to MoP songs and beyond. And everytime i try to get more "into" the world, with using ingame music & sounds there were never be songs that catches me so much like the ones in old days.

My most favorite song is maybe a bit uncommon: Wintergrasp Theme

I feel a deep connection to this song, because it remembers me on my first real days in wow. I had my guild, my friends, we had a lot of fun and often i played till 2/3 am, even if i had to go to school next day. Wintergrasp is a beatutiful Place, witht wonderful music. What I realy love is when its winter, everything is covered in snow, its night and then im going outside, listening to this song, remember the good old days and just enjoying the song with beatutiful, snowy landscape. Its even better when im drunk haha

This is really the kind of music I miss the most in WoW.

Nowadays every track seems to try to one up each other when it comes to being loud, heavy orchestral pieces trying too hard to be grandiose, to the point where it ends up all blending together into a forgettable mess. I miss the ambient tracks that were meant to serve as a background to your exploration of the world

Bronze Jam from Wrath is great. I wouldnt want ALL wow music to be like this because i prefer wow music to be orchestral. But its a great one-off.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=l3jSY5fIeDA

and for LOLs

Last edited by Kokolums; 2022-01-09 at 03:32 PM.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is always tough because I have so many God damned wonderful memories tied to the music.

Teldrassil music (very similar/the same at times to Ashenvale, which is also on the list)
    Darnassus - just so grand and amazing. Didn't care too much for the Cata update to the music.
    Shattrath music
    Nagrand music
    Wintergrasp music (oh, the chimes. There was one day I spent like 8 hours fishing bright and early in the morning before college or something and it was so wonderful.)
    Grizzly Hills music
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water