Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    While many in this thread are criticizing this choice, I actually agree with it. I remember in BfA I played during 8.0 and 8.1 but due to an intense work schedule I had to skip 8.2. When I came back in 8.3 I had to grind out the essences they added in on top of corrupted gear and the legendary cloak. It was so much time and the power gains were so significant that I couldn't raid. Which also was a problem because the more weeks of raid I missed, the further behind I'd be even if I caught up with the essences. It resulted in me just quitting.

Regardless, I have no intention of playing 9.2 so I don't really care all that much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Some of you will defend ANYTHING Blizzard does.
    No, I will not. Y'all just can't get off if you're not complaining about ANYTHING Blizzard does, including things no one liked and wanted to see gone from the day they were announced. I don't believe for a moment that the power loss from the Shards is something so revolting it causes the outrage we see here, especially considering that if you had Shards in the first place, you will start replacing Domination Gear the moment the raid and mythic+ are available.

You all know this is just another excuse to shit on Blizzard, and no amount of reverse accusations on wanting to "defend" them will change that. Literally EVERYTHING they do is a reason to complain and shit on them, no matter what it is or of how much consequence it is. This is a change that should have you all celebrating on the streets, yet you're throwing a god damn riot instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumy View Post
    Shards of Domination Disabled in Patch 9.2 Eternity's End
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    What is going to happen with the shards of domination come 9.2?

Our plan, which we’re currently working on bringing to the PTR, is to disable Shards of Domination in Zereth Mortis, the Sepulcher of the First Ones raid, and all PvP and dungeons, starting with the Eternity’s End content update.

In this scenario, Shards of Domination would still work as before in previous Shadowlands zones, the Maw, the Sanctum of Domination raid, and Torghast.

We’ll update our Eternity’s End development notes with this, as soon as we get it implemented.
    What a load of crap.

I have a singe 252 item (rep based) and a 239 (cannot remember from where), so I haven't even been able to get 3 pieces to activate the bonus yet.. And now, they will remove the system already.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    No, some of us do realize that the alternative of shards being active is a lot worse than the temporary power loss by deactivating them.
    The alternative is just "Blizzard needs to thoughtfully design the new tier."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    No, I will not. Y'all just can't get off if you're not complaining about ANYTHING Blizzard does, including things no one liked and wanted to see gone from the day they were announced. I don't believe for a moment that the power loss from the Shards is something so revolting it causes the outrage we see here, especially considering that if you had Shards in the first place, you will start replacing Domination Gear the moment the raid and mythic+ are available.

You all know this is just another excuse to shit on Blizzard, and no amount of reverse accusations on wanting to "defend" them will change that. Literally EVERYTHING they do is a reason to complain and shit on them, no matter what it is or of how much consequence it is. This is a change that should have you all celebrating on the streets, yet you're throwing a god damn riot instead.
    If the shards are going to bee replaced with the new gear immediately, why does it need to be turned off?
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

The alternative is just "Blizzard needs to thoughtfully design the new tier."
    It's been explained a couple times in this thread already, I'll bold the important part for you. The problem isn't the design of the new set but shard design:

Your damage is increased by 3% when you have 50% or more health than your target.
    Your damage is increased by 3% for 20 sec after attacking an enemy you have not yet damaged.
    Damaging a target increases your damage done to that target by 0.5% for 4 sec, stacking up to 3 times.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    It's been explained a couple times in this thread already, I'll bold the important part for you. The problem isn't the design of the new set but shard design:

Your damage is increased by 3% when you have 50% or more health than your target.
    Your damage is increased by 3% for 20 sec after attacking an enemy you have not yet damaged.
    Damaging a target increases your damage done to that target by 0.5% for 4 sec, stacking up to 3 times.
    Sounds like the new gear should be designed such that those bonuses don't make the new gear undesirable.

The solution they went with instead is another lazy insult to players.

There is a very clear pattern that happens here.

1. Blizzard invents a problem.
    2. Blizzard implements an asinine solution to the problem.
    3. Sycophants relentlessly defend the dumb solution on the basis that there has to be a solution.

It's like I get a cold and decide the solution is to kill myself and people say "WELL HE HAS TO GET RID OF THE COLD SOMEHOW DOESN'T HE?!?!?!?!?"
    Last edited by NineSpine; 2022-01-09 at 05:27 PM.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowseer View Post
    Bro, bro, calm down, jesus.
    I am calm. Calling people entitled does not mean I am upset. Just means I am speaking the truth.

- - - Updated - - -

Sounds like the new gear should be designed such that those bonuses don't make the new gear undesirable.

3. Sycophants relentlessly defend the dumb solution on the basis that there has to be a solution.

It's like I get a cold and decide the solution is to kill myself and people say "WELL HE HAS TO GET RID OF THE COLD SOMEHOW DOESN'T HE?!?!?!?!?"
    Sounds like you do not understand gear design. Nothing they do would NOT make shards bis over everything. 3% increase in ALL dmg makes or bis over everything they could bring.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    What a load of crap.

I have a singe 252 item (rep based) and a 239 (cannot remember from where), so I haven't even been able to get 3 pieces to activate the bonus yet.. And now, they will remove the system already.
    no, just in the new zone. also your fault you have gone all this time and gotten literally 0 items other then the 2 garunteed from the vendor.

- - - Updated - - -

holy shit so what you are saying is, instead of blizz admitting they are at fault and ending their system... they should add MORE SYSTEMS SO THAT WE DONT USE THE OLD ONE!?

ARE YOU REALLY SAYING BLIZZ SHOULD ADD MORE SYSTEMS!?

making their problem system not work in the new raid is not an asinine solution.
    you saying they should make the system again but in the new raid is
    armchair dev? more like highchair dev at this point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    Are you joking?

Casual players that dont even cleared NORMAL, because nobody cares and RAID participation is at all time low, would be the ones that farm old/low-ilvl content for shards that they cant even use for anything but raiding the old content?

Sorry but most current active players I see right now, doing the weekly stuff, farming stuff, enjoying M+ or just capping the VAULT and most of them either dont even have even looked at the raid or quit after 1 clear or not even 1 clear of HC.

The only player who actually benefit from having ilvl AND +~10% additional DPS in M+ are those with mythic gear and shards. Thats what will be gone with the next patch.

Dont sell it as a casual player issue, those dont care, the only players that will lose the ~10% DPS advantage are those who are crying.
    10% additional dps? my dude you do know those shards do not give 10% additional dps in M+ right?
    THis coming from a person with KSM and all the shards maxed, the shard bonuses do not work in the dungeons, only the base shards do, and even if they are active 100% of the time, they do not add up to 10%.

reminder, what do these shards do?
    3% dps when the enemy has 50% less health then you
    so 3% dps, only 50% of the time if you are ALWAYS at 100% health so overall 1.5% damage.

3% increased dps for 20 seconds after hitting a new enemy.
    So this one is almost always a 3% buff, except on bosses with no adds.
    Damaging a target increases your damage dealt to it by 0.5% stacking 3 times.
    1.5%

So a total of... 6% MAX and that is if you have 100% uptime on all of these.

its not 10%

and you know what "mythic raiders in M+" will have to benefit from in 9.2?
    Raid teir sets, which they will be able to get earlier then M+ and PVP.

Also these shards do not increase yoru dps, so idk what the fuck you are going on about.

LOL HOLY FUCKING SHIT YOU SERIOUS?
    i just looked at your raider.io and you arnt even fucking using shards!?
    My dude, come on now this has to be bait right?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    guess yall never heard of a thing called gear before, even though its been in the game since wow vanilla, this thing called teir sets, and trinkets, you get them, then in the next raid they are replaced
    this is so dumb because at least your came with the old gear into the new raid, now this is progress completely wasted.

also your shilling because you can use dominion gear in WQ is laughable like your shilling character on mmo c

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    Which is wrong and not how hte game originally worked.

You see, they keep fucking up, and then they fuck up from the previous fck up. And they simply never, ever learn.
    It's players that never learn. Blizzard have implemented systems on top of gear for the past 5 expansions. Whether it is Valor upgrades, AK, artifacts, azerite pieces. After 10 years of this players are still surprised? Blizzard know their customers and they know that they way to keep people engaged as long as possible is systems on gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

10+ Year Old Account
    no, just in the new zone. also your fault you have gone all this time and gotten literally 0 items other then the 2 garunteed from the vendor.
    Well... I've gotten tons of them from LFR, but the iLevel kinda makes them uninteresting, so I haven't gotten LITERALLY zero, only effectively zero.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

5+ Year Old Account
    I'm glad the shards are gone, but also annoyed because invalidating power gains just feels bad.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    "I like how people act like they don't just replace smartphones every 2 years anyway. So we decided to just make smartphones brick themselves after 2 years of usage."
    Nice try, but no.

shard were a problem for like 3 weeks tops while you didn't get them to drop, if you are still upset at the system today you don't even play enough to have a valid opinion

if you thought the shards were going to work in the new areas despite what the tooltip on them said you're dumb lol

LOL HOLY FUCKING SHIT YOU SERIOUS?
    i just looked at your raider.io and you arnt even fucking using shards!?
    My dude, come on now this has to be bait right?
    I am just a casual VAULT capper, just low keys, I do not allways bother with using my HC loot with shards, nobody cares, people dont even use food/flask for vault keys.

Just 2k r.io, not sure why you look at my gear.
    -

When I saw the shard system introduced, I made my mind up: I will vendor any and all shard-socket-item I get. I will actively nerf myself to not be salty when they remove it next patch. And here we are.

*sad victory dance*

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    While many in this thread are criticizing this choice, I actually agree with it. I remember in BfA I played during 8.0 and 8.1 but due to an intense work schedule I had to skip 8.2. When I came back in 8.3 I had to grind out the essences they added in on top of corrupted gear and the legendary cloak. It was so much time and the power gains were so significant that I couldn't raid. Which also was a problem because the more weeks of raid I missed, the further behind I'd be even if I caught up with the essences. It resulted in me just quitting.

Regardless, I have no intention of playing 9.2 so I don't really care all that much.
    oh yeah i played 8.3 after taking a break for the entire BFA tbh (i quit 4 hours after hitting 120 in 9.0). Essences were pretty rough as these were lengthy rep grinds that were gated per-day or per-week. Especially rough when it turned out that the best essences for raids and m+ come from...PvP xD Fucking arena grinding, it was really hard to reach 1,6k rating when I never arena'd before. And even then it was 3 weeks of straight up waiting for weekly chests to piece together this r3 essence.

And what happened if you rolled an alt? Oh yeah, you had to start from scratch xDDDD I remember that they did allow you to buy r3 essences on alts later but it came very very late (like 3 months before Shadowlands launch) and it shared currency with other crap as well (cloak upgrades, corruptions). Ofc it had to be grindable currency, you could not just buy it with 5k gold or smh.

If you think SL is alt hostile think again. 8.3 is very difficult to top.

Wonder what the next "Do 3% more damage the first 20 secs of a boss fight" stick carrot will be.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder how the devs feel about this: Are they okay with routinely throwing out all the work they do, or is it something they're forced to do by higher-ups?

Like I can't imagine my entire job being to pour blood, sweat and tears in to making new """enjoyable""" systems for every patch, only for them to inevitably be thrown in to the garbage anywhere from 6 months to 2 years later. Just doesn't seem like it'd be satisfying.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smith View Post
    I wonder how the devs feel about this: Are they okay with routinely throwing out all the work they do, or is it something they're forced to do by higher-ups?

Like I can't imagine my entire job being to pour blood, sweat and tears in to making new """enjoyable""" systems for every patch, only for them to inevitably be thrown in to the garbage anywhere from 6 months to 2 years later. Just doesn't seem like it'd be satisfying.
    Why would they not enjoy creating new things? It's literally their job, WoW isn't a finite game.