Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I hadn't looked too carefully at today's schedule, the early slate of games is pretty gruesome.
    Yeah I'm not touching those 1pm games, no thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Watt just tied Strahan on a hilarious bad snap sack.

...and the official scorers took his sack away

- - - Updated - - -

Jaguars are trying to make things interesting.

- - - Updated - - -

Giants should probably fire everybody at half time.
    Last edited by draynay; 2022-01-09 at 06:15 PM.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    The big "win and your in" Sunday night game might end up being totally irrelevant at this rate.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Yeah I'm not touching those 1pm games, no thanks.
    TBH, Green Bay/Detroit is better than I expected so far.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Baker to stay in Cleveland.
    I don't care about the Browns per se, but I do really enjoy his run of Progressive insurance commercials.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Meaningless game for us so I'm just glad to see the Lions fans are having fun watching a game for once.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Meaningless game for us so I'm just glad to see the Lions fans are having fun watching a game for once.
    Not meaningless. With Jags winning, we can secure the first overall pick with a loss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faltemer View Post
    Not meaningless. With Jags winning, we can secure the first overall pick with a loss.
    So by losing the Packers actually screw over the Lions?

Now I'm doubly happy to see Dan Campbell's bag of tricks work.

15+ Year Old Account
    This is the most Wentz-y thing that could’ve happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

So by losing the Packers actually screw over the Lions?

Now I'm doubly happy to see Dan Campbell's bag of tricks work.
    Looks like you get your wish. Campbell once again does something that makes zero sense, and wil still have ton of dumb fans defending him.

I friggin hate this team.

15+ Year Old Account
    Looks like you get your wish. Campbell once again does something that makes zero sense, and wil still have ton of dumb fans defending him.

Goff continues to build his legacy without McVay by capping his final game of the season, at home, with a win over aaron Rodgers. Greatness.
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account

I mean ultimately I don't think this win changes much.

This QB class is bad anyway, and even if it weren't it wasn't like the Jags were looking to replace Lawrence. If it's an upgrade over Goff, the Lions still hold all the cards.

Heck a gutsy win over a Super Bowl favorite might actually help free agents buy into the Lions as a destination.

- - - Updated - - -

If I'm remembering right, if the Ravens win the Raiders clinch a playoff bearth and the win and in game no longer matters for them.

This QB class is bad anyway, and even if it weren't it wasn't like the Jags were looking to replace Lawrence. If it's an upgrade over Goff, the Lions still hold all the cards.

Heck a gutsy win over a Super Bowl favorite might actually help free agents buy into the Lions as a destination.
    I mean it DOES give the Jags the option to trade the number 1 if they wanted.

But the Lions players don't give a fuck about the draft, they want to win the game.

I want the better of the 2 DEs at the top. Now we get whichever one is left. A QB isn't being taken in the top 5 this year unless a team really has a different outlook on someone.

We will have a lot of cap for free agents, and that is what 99% of FA want. Everyone talks about culture and all sorts of nonsense. Good players win games. First overall picks that turn into Myles Garrett esque players win games. Wasting a chance on that to win a meaningless game where half the game was against their backups won't bring anyone in or help us at all.

10+ Year Old Account

Gross, if you want your team to intentionally lose then switch to being a Giants fan.
    /s

Gross, if you want your team to intentionally lose then switch to being a Giants fan.
    Eagles intentionally lost last year, gained an extra first and second pick. If we lost one more game we could have traded for 2 extra firsts and a third. We didn't. Eagles are looking like a reasonable team that could become a contender. We are still trash.

I want to have one season where the Lions are actually decent. I don't care how we get there.

15+ Year Old Account
    Is it so different from sitting starters?

Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    Is it so different from sitting starters?
    For some reason bad teams are expected to put in 100% effort in meaningless games, even playing players who have been dealing with injuries all year. Packers can bench all their starters for half the game and it is fine. As soon as Love went in, we should have put in Blough.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Patriots are starting out slow and sluggish. Not what you want in Miami.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ugh, now I want the night game to be a tie just to keep the Steelers out.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Week 18 proving quite fun despite the annoying and tiresome narrative of "The Chargers and Raiders should put aside their rivalry and just kneel for 2 hours."

Colts choked to the Jags, and by virtue of the Steelers winning are now eliminated for their blunder.