Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I absolutely adore Pet Battles, these got a lot better balance than WoW PvP ever had. Thanks Johny Cash

To me the best content ever in the game’s history was the class and spec campaigns in Legion, which included the class halls and artifact weapons.

I actually could not believe how good it was, i had given up after WoD.

rat escaping from sinking ship

he is high enough to realise how failed 9.2 will be and wants to get new job before it is released

cant blame him

Quote Originally Posted by Sorshen View Post
    Class halls were decent, but they were thrown in the garbage for new, annoying systems. They were vastly superior as a concept (that could be improved) to the forced faction war that we got after.
    B b b.... THAT'S OLD CONTENT!!! NO ONE WANTS THIS!!! (ok, except for every player, BUT IT'S NOT NEW AND SHINY!!!)

Sadly this narrative seems to be common on devs that even is something is good and popular, it needs to be reworked because it's not new. Class halls are a perfect example of potential wasted, because of: We must have something completely new so that players buy the new expansion. This is one of the biggest shitty reason that old content doesn't get supported and good content gets outdated or removed. Treasure run in Isle of Thunder is one example of it.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsRainingMetal View Post
    Pet battles, artifact weapons and class halls.. All are things that sucked. Cya I guess, lol.
    Are you brain damaged?

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    So he worked on a garbage version of Pokémon, one form of borrowed power and garrison 2.0. I don't see a reason to miss him.
    I am not a big fan of most of those features either but...Do you know his entire work was leading to garbage because you were a close colleague of his?
    One could say that your job is garbage from the distance, not having an actual clue of what, why and how you do your job.

Cut off the unnecesary toxicity, grow the fuck up already, people.

I loved the artefact weapons, but it’s success lead to borrowed power of other expansions which took the bad parts of, and not the good. The class hall system was great too, mostly the story with them
    Last edited by Soikona; 2022-01-10 at 11:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TBCCLOL View Post
    Sure but an opinion that is backed up by pretty much the reality or you can cope
    Whether or not something sucks will always be opinion.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

10+ Year Old Account
    As someone who quite enjoys Pet Battles, and really enjoyed the Class Halls and Artifact Weapons (Yes AP grind was shit),
    sad to see a brilliant designer leave. However, given Blizzard's current problems, I can't blame him.

The sad thing is that a lot of talented people are leaving. All that'll be left are relatively new and in-experienced people.
    The only good thing from this is that new people can breathe fresh air into the game, but without experience to guide
    it, you run the risk of it being extremely hit or miss.

Quote Originally Posted by spdr View Post
    The only class hall I enjoyed was the dk one and it was just copied and pasted from wrath and moved to a new location. Artifact weapons were kinda cool but they really need to stop doing all this borrowed power crap. Never really been a fan of pet battles.
    I have to agree with you unconditionally.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pet battles were alright. Class Hall and Artifacts were pretty cool, even if Artifact was a borrowed power system. I mean sure, seeing 39 Enhance Shaman running around with Doomhammer was kinda eh, but still was cool to see.

2 of the most cool thing in legion and he is going away nice job blizz
    Ohh so they are cool now, didnt sound like that back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    Ohh so they are cool now, didnt sound like that back in the day.
    You should have listen carefully because 90% of player base find them awesome the issue was early for the min maxer triharder regarding the AP farming which was countered asap with AK

- - - Updated - - -

Just as quick reminder for people with a goldfish memory

Legion Artifact as progression path were praised by almost anybody the ISSUE was that Blizzard decide to make the AP system entagled too much so basically early Legion people had to spam MoS +2 to be competitive in Raid and ALT / OFF SPEC were fucked in the ass due to no AK / Catch Up

Exempli Gratia : Have you farmed tons of AP for Fire Mage Artifact? NICE BUT SADLY WE ARE GONNA NERF FIRE SO YOU NEED TO FARM FROM 0 THE FROST ARTIFACT AP :^)

The usual "BLIZZERONI STRAT" of making something good taste bad until later patches like 7.3.5 where everything was fine both Artifact and Leggo

Regardin Class Hall I would really like to know what was wrong and table mission when the game throw you free resource or the mobile app let your do stuff while taking a dump cant really be unless you are a whiny kid by nature
    Last edited by TBCCLOL; 2022-01-10 at 04:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by luxuryplaya View Post
    I have to agree with you unconditionally.
    Interesting result.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    class halls were a failure? that's news to me.
    It wasn't just a failure, it was almost as big a blunder as Garrison were.
    Player housing is DEAD after two failed experiments.

- - - Updated - - -

Legion Artifact as progression path were praised by almost anybody
    No, they were not.
    They were pretty much hated by all, until v7.2, where you could max them out, with a single WQ, giving over 1,8B AP.

The weapons themselves were liked (maybe even loved), both because of lore and fun abilities (for some of them), but the AP system was universally hated by the player base.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

I think this thread is the first time I've seen people genuinely saying Class Halls were a failure/bad/etc...
    It is and was the best part of Legion, imo.
    It was some of the most interesting content the game has ever had and their was minimal overlap between classes. I think an argument could be made that it was some of the best solo content ever added to the game if you removed the arbitrary timegating the bean counters forced into it via missions.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokrath View Post
    I think this thread is the first time I've seen people genuinely saying Class Halls were a failure/bad/etc...
    It is and was the best part of Legion, imo.
    It was some of the most interesting content the game has ever had and their was minimal overlap between classes. I think an argument could be made that it was some of the best solo content ever added to the game if you removed the arbitrary timegating the bean counters forced into it via missions.
    It's a marginal sentiment. Anyone with half a brain would know that Artifacts and Class Halls weren't an inherently failed feature. I'm sure the guy that designed Artifacts didn't design the obscene AP grind behind it and I'm pretty sure he didn't design Class Halls to be abandoned the second BfA dropped.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garretdejiko View Post
    I'm pretty sure he didn't design Class Halls to be abandoned the second BfA dropped.
    With the exception of Warlock, DH and Paladin, all halls were physically located in Broken Isles; it was apparent for all, that they would never carry over to subsequent expansions.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    Oh did they finally get their gender discrimination lawsuit all cleared up?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/video...on-settlement/

Nice.
    Good thing they can focus on making games again. Should also consider moving out of California, there's an apparent trend of it being toxic to game companies