10+ Year Old Account
    Come take the knee god damn it

- - - Updated - - -

Why did the chargers called that time out?

10+ Year Old Account
    This shot is priceless.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

These 2 teams can't do anything right.

Cmon missed fg

- - - Updated - - -

BOOOOOO that sucks

10+ Year Old Account
    Fuck your tie.

10 year revenge plan complete.

Playoffs baby!
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Great now we get to hear more Big Ben related BS for another week.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Fuck your tie.

Playoffs baby!
    I blame you for making us listen to Big Ben/Steelers crap for a while longer.

Fuck your tie.

Playoffs baby!
    That's gonna cost you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Cause that isn't how it works, if a person played 15 games last year it was a 16 game season, if a person played 16 games this year in a 17 game season it still happened in a SEVENTEEN game season. Period. That's how it works.

If you miss a game in said season that is too fucking bad. It won't matter in a few years when people just accept 17 game season records as the standard for all the records.
    I mean thats great for you if you want to wring your hands and say "tech-nick-cally" over and over, but a guy played the same number of games as another guy and did better than the first guy. Your line of thinking is bizarre, out of touch, and illogical.

They played the same number of games, thats what matters to anyone that isn't being pedantic for pedantic sake.

Quote Originally Posted by Self Inflicted Wounds View Post
    I mean thats great for you if you want to wring your hands and say "tech-nick-cally" over and over, but a guy played the same number of games as another guy and did better than the first guy. Your line of thinking is bizarre, out of touch, and illogical.

They played the same number of games, thats what matters to anyone that isn't being pedantic for pedantic sake.
    Dude just drop it already. I'm technically correct and that is all that matters here. I'm done wasting my time replying further.

Derrick Carr just admiited that the TO changed the mindset.

Hard to not blame Stately there. But this is a Prisoner's dilemma that probably won't ever happen again.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So I definitely just forgot to watch OT and re-reading this thread it sounds like it was less collusion and more a dumpster fire for the ages.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    So I definitely just forgot to watch OT and re-reading this thread it sounds like it was less collusion and more a dumpster fire for the ages.
    Pretty much that, yes

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well with the field set, those AFC East and NFC West rematches look spicy for next weekend.

Rest not so much.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Bengals get to finally break the Bo Jackson curse.

15+ Year Old Account
    Fuck your tie.

Playoffs baby!
    Revenge on the chargers for what?

Quote Originally Posted by Self Inflicted Wounds View Post
    Yes, its drastically different.
    K
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    10 year is a hint. See how the 2011-12 season ended for Oakland.
    Boring. I thought it was something actually memorable. At least the Bo Jackson thing has some history.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    Boring. I thought it was something actually memorable. At least the Bo Jackson thing has some history.
    Ten years ago was (until this year) the craziest year in the Raiders history.

First our star running back goes out injured for the rest of the season, then Al Davis died, and suddenly the season has a whole new meaning. Make a playoff run in his memory. Raiders win 5 of the next 7 games and go 7-4.

Then our QB, Jason Campbell, goes down for the year after the best season he had in his career.

We quickly learn Kyle Boller wasn't it, we make that godawful trade for Carson Palmer and he doesn't do much better. We end up losing 3 straight going into the last two weeks, a heart stopping OT win against the Chiefs puts us 8-7 with one game to go.

Win, we win the AFC West, go to the playoffs and have our first winning season since our Superbowl loss 9 years before.

The Chargers fucking ruined it for us and sent Tim Tebow to the goddamn playoffs.

That's stung for a long time in Raiders memory. This year somehow managed to be more emotional, more dysfunctional and more hellish than that one, and yet we found ourselves in the exact same position.

So playing for a tie? Nah, fuck the Chargers.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Dude just drop it already. I'm technically correct and that is all that matters here. I'm done wasting my time replying further.
    I mean, experts and like I said, logic disagrees with you. "tech-nic-cully!" I mean, nah.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    Revenge on the chargers for what?

K
    I'm glad you agree - that sitting starters and having backups try their best is different than intentionally losing, in every single way.

Vikings firing Rick Spielman, Bears Ryan Pace and the Dolphins firing Flores are kind of unexpected. Pace should have been, just didn't think they would actually do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing from the NY Giants yet except promises not to fire Judge. I wonder if they'll play under a big top next season since they're a circus.
    /s