Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    With the exception of Warlock, DH and Paladin, all halls were physically located in Broken Isles; it was apparent for all, that they would never carry over to subsequent expansions.
    What?

Druid was in moonglade

Monk on the wandering isle

DK in archeas (moved to Broken Isle, but could easily move again)

Shaman in the maelstrom

Priest, Mage and rogue are in Dalaran, which has a habit of moving (Alterec, northrend, broken isles)

I think only the Hunter class hall actually was fixed solely in the broken isles.

With the exception of Warlock, DH and Paladin, all halls were physically located in Broken Isles; it was apparent for all, that they would never carry over to subsequent expansions.
    Um......what? Did you actually play the expansion?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by Argorwal View Post
    What?

Druid was in moonglade

Shaman in the maelstrom

Priest, Mage and rogue are in Dalaran, which has a habit of moving (Alterec, northrend, broken isles)

I think only the Hunter class hall actually was fixed solely in the broken isles.
    Druid class hall was NOT in Moonglade it was in Val'Sharah near the first raid.

5+ Year Old Account
    I loved arctifacts with their power and I really enjoyed class halls, where you were together to fight for something bigger then Alliance and Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampyrr View Post
    Druid class hall was NOT in Moonglade it was in Val'Sharah near the first raid.
    You’re right I misremembered. It had a port to moonglade (among other places) in it.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsRainingMetal View Post
    When I was younger, I was actually trying to go for a career in software / game design, because I was hopeful that I could end up working with talented, and passionate, people at Blizzard.. How idiotic. What a disaster this company has turned into. Blizzard just needs to implode and go out of business. It's not the company I admired when I was younger. ������
    It 100% if the company you love, its just that now all their dirty laundry and debauchery is out in the open.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chubathingy View Post
    But anyway it's OK to be jelly of the tallest midget.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    While I don't think it's necessary to report every developer leaving Blizzard as "news", I've enjoyed pet battles since they were introduced in MoP and I greatly enjoyed the class fantasy and gameplay of Artifacts and Order Halls during Legion.

Godspeed Johnny Cash.
    Both mmo-champipn and wowhead suffer feom no news and either repeat posts or put stuff like this because again.. there is no news.

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    You of course realize this is an opinion
    It's a fact now. When was their last blockbuster game?
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    It's a fact now.
    And how do you quantify "suck"?
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

So, a guy, we've never heard about before, worked on 2 failures and one popular thing leaves after an eternity..... Big news!!
    Class Halls and Artifact weapons were not failures.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doombringer View Post
    Pet Battles are one of those features that not everybody plugs into. And that's fine. The game needs more of that as an MMO. There are people who love Transmog and spend a lot of their time chasing old sets. There are people who love collecting mounts, or achievements, or whatever... there are plenty of activities besides Raids or Mythics and, shocking, the playerbase actually thrives when there's a wealth of things to do.

Personally, playing Pokemon inside WoW was a fun side activity for me, and it's surprising how much depth there is to some of it. I dabbled there and it was fine.

Class Halls were pretty well-received overall... it actually reminded us that our classes were important to the world and to us as part of our characters' identities.

And Artifact Weapons were a inarguable hit.

Blizzard's shitty work environment isn't just a result of people playing grab-ass there. It's Activision that has made a studio once concerned about quality and fun and gameplay into a place that's all about making multi-threaded revenue streams out of beloved IPs. Nobody needs a sexual harassment lawsuit to understand that Diablo 3's RMAH, the slow death of Heroes of the Storm, layoffs, Warcraft 3 Refunded, Diablo Immortal... those were Activision putting their fingers into everything.
    Agagin, Blizzard its own decisions and doe not take orders from Activision. They are two separate companies under one roof

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    lol over half of your own list is admittedly inside the Broken isles (DK, priest, mage, rogue, hunter, druid) XD

Also Druid is also in Broken isles on Val' Sharah, not Moonglade. His point is valid that it was apparent that all class halls were obviously tied to the Broken Isles and Legion expac and would not be carrying over. It's sad too becuase I thought the class hall was a very cool idea that could have done so much..
    Dalaran literally had existed in 3 different locations. It’s not at all “tied” to the Broken Isles. It was “tied” to northrend until, gasp, it moved.

Same with Archeas for DKs.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    ]Agagin, Blizzard its own decisions and doe not take orders from Activision. They are two separate companies under one roof
    Quite the opposite I'm afraid. Activision Blizzard is one single entity. There's no separation of the two.

Blizzard had a lot of control under CEO Mike Morhaime, but he was replaced by President J. Allen Brack who was later replaced by Co-Leaders Mike Ybarra and Jen Oneal, of whom Jen Oneal already quit the company for a variety of reasons, one of which was her distrust in the company being able to change the culture within the company lastingly.

So while Blizzard was originally a golden goose that Bobby Kotick didn't care to change, that fact has very much changed, and the fact that Activision Blizzard earns more revenue from their mobile division King (publishers of Candy Crush) than Blizzard makes them far more susceptible to interference.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Argorwal View Post
    What?

Druid was in moonglade

Shaman in the maelstrom

My bad. Shaman was indeed in Maelstrom, but Druid was in Val'sharah and Archeras is literally floating over Broken Shore

Both Druid and DK was accessible via flying mounts from said zones, and both have flight masters, you could use, prior to flying.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Class Halls and Artifact weapons were not failures.
    Then, explain why everyone hated them?
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

The weapons themselves were liked (maybe even loved), both because of lore and fun abilities (for some of them), but the AP system was universally hated by the player base.
    Which is a different issue if you read my post.

The Artifact as progression was immediatlely praised the issue is the AP farming that they entagled like any other shitty AP-like farming they introduced.

Artifact 1.0 were better even than Azerite 4 months into the game.

Also Class Hall and Garrison were Housing?? My ballsack.

Blizzard never introduced a proper housing in the game so lets not bs around even UO had better housing.
    Last edited by TBCCLOL; 2022-01-11 at 07:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Totally pointless observation here for those of you claiming the priest order hall was in Dalaran and therefore the Broken Isles, it wasn't.

The portal to it was indeed in Dalaran but the actual Temple itself was located inside the Twisting Nether, hence the name Netherlight,

Why there is now a news EVERY time someone leaves Blizzard?

Waiting for “pizza guy leaves Blizzard after 20 years”.

It wasn't just a failure, it was almost as big a blunder as Garrison were.
    Player housing is DEAD after two failed experiments.
    Class hall were not player housing.

My bad. Shaman was indeed in Maelstrom, but Druid was in Val'sharah and Archeras is literally floating over Broken Shore

Both Druid and DK was accessible via flying mounts from said zones, and both have flight masters, you could use, prior to flying.

- - - Updated - - -

Then, explain why everyone hated them?
    I don't know a single person who hated(!) them. Of course everything is subject to taste but especially the class halls were really cool and well liked.
    The only thing that annoyed most people was the AP grind, and that you had to level each weapon/spec seperately. If Blizzard had done it differently, it would have been the perfect borrowed power.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Does* exist in different places for all intents and purposes. It's not like some secret game dev is quickly moving Dalaran across the world every time you enter a new loading screen lol!

And the one in question is obviously tied heavily and directly with the Broken Isles and Legion expansion. Nothing about that city either will be moved to another expansion. If they decide to use Dalaran again it will be a different version, just like all the other times. And yes, same as Archeas for DK. That version is the "Legion" version and is on the Broken Isles. It will also never move.

Weird tangent argument when the dude you originally quoted was correct in stating that it was obvious class halls would never be implemented past Legion.
    Archerus is actually parked infront of ICC now lorewise since Shadowlands.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Man, I can't wait for Ring of Valor 2.0!

I hope they have fixed all the game engine issues of players disconnecting when being pushed/gripped to moving objects.
    Last edited by Thes; 2022-01-11 at 05:10 PM.