Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TBCCLOL View Post
    No.

Isn't what OP mean and isn't not even what reset means.

Classic is not a reset.

ARR is a reset.
    Uh, that's exactly what reset means, especially when it comes to a video game.

For example, if you're playing Super Mario Bros, and you press the reset button on your Nintendo, the game starts all over again from the beginning, with all your progress being lost. That's the exact same situation in Classic WoW= You start all the way over at the beginning of WoW before all the expansions and all the changes. Hence, a reset.

Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post
    Basically this would be 10/10.

Helping the people in westfall and investigating the murders always was more fun to me than helping some vampire death cult who judges and punish the dead for their sins.

However while scaling back the power level, I feel like some thing like Ulduar/ throne of thunder etc. type of mystical powerful places should still show up from time to time
    Sure as a quest it was fun, but to be fair its not really a threat, Stormwind could just sent the army and roll over them if the player didnt deal with it.

Even if Chromie time is a complete mess and .Ake's the game lore uncomprensible by new players why there is a huge dragon in the skies and now once 50 I am facing Squidward?

It can be fixed by making people choosing 1 timeline and stick with it until the end of the main story line for WoD/Legion/BFA/SL or once you are 50 you can continue exping there instead of the sudden teleport to SW because Jailer.
    Doesn't the game currently direct new players to BFA which leads into SL anyway?

I didn't think it openly proposed for them to go do cata stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    The game engine needs an overhaul. WoW practically falls apart whenever the devs do something outside of "collect X heads and gather Y ore."

The graphics engine needs baseline improvements, like bump maps.

An overhaul is a massive job, but WoW really needs it. The game could look and feel so much better than it currently does.

Inb4 "I don't trust modern devs" etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Myradin View Post
    Doesn't the game currently direct new players to BFA which leads into SL anyway?

Yes, actually new players go straight into BfA after the mandatory visit of Exile's Reach. The thing is, that isn't much better than starting out randomly with deathwing. Arguably it's even worse, since Cata would at least give you a general sense of the world of Wacraft. I mean the cinematic of cata at least tells you that a big bad dragon is on the lose, BfA started with a major event that you can no longer play ingame and the cinematic, if yoiu chance upon it, doesn't tell you much without prior knowledge either. Going into the deep end of BfA and then reaching max level before you even even realize why you should maybe care about Sylvanas and Squidwad doesn't really feel very conductive for a comprensible narrative either.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2022-01-11 at 04:39 PM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Myradin View Post

I haven't leveled any new char since BFA but according to multiple rants/video feedback it seems that works like this

Exile Reach > BFA > SL

If you use Chromie Time is any EXP but once at 50 everything is cut and you are prompted to SL without begin able to complete the selected exp

I haven't leveled any new char since BFA but according to multiple rants/video feedback it seems that works like this

Exile Reach > BFA > SL

If you use Chromie Time is any EXP but once at 50 everything is cut and you are prompted to SL without begin able to complete the selected exp
    New players don't have the option for chromie time, you need to have level 50 character first to unlock that.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Uh, that's exactly what reset means, especially when it comes to a video game.

For example, if you're playing Super Mario Bros, and you press the reset button on your Nintendo, the game starts all over again from the beginning, with all your progress being lost. That's the exact same situation in Classic WoW= You start all the way over at the beginning of WoW before all the expansions and all the changes. Hence, a reset.
    No OP means a reset/reboot not to reset an scrap anything.

Also Reset as original state is not even correct because Classic is a different game than Retail a reset now is like going back to 9.0

So no Hard Reset and scrap anything

No Reset like reboot SL

Just soft reset / reboot / bingobango like ARR

It's time for them to do a reset for both the game and monthly fee, If you are not entrenched in the token system it's pretty cost prohibitive if multiple people in your house play, Canadian it is 42$ a month and that is absurd. There are many things wrong with wow and publisher greed is at the top. I'm glad I stopped playing last year at the very least plus there's plenty of private servers.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    Sure as a quest it was fun, but to be fair its not really a threat, Stormwind could just sent the army and roll over them if the player didnt deal with it.
    Hmmmm not really. If you do the Elwynn (and the rest of the Human starting zones) quests in Classic, you soon realise that SW isn't the huge superpower that's been depicted as from Cata onwards.

Redridge has to beg SW for reinforcements, even if it is a border province under direct attack by a large group of Orcs. Westfall has been pretty much abandoned by SW, so the locals created an armed militia of their own, aptly called The People's Militia - ditto for Duskwood and the Night Watch.

In other words, SW's army at the time of Classic isn't in shape to roll over anyone. Hell, the marshal in Goldshire tells you that the army is doing who knows what things for who knows what noble.

No they should build on to new things because cataclysm is a great example of why this is a dumb idea.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    It's time for them to do a reset for both the game and monthly fee, If you are not entrenched in the token system it's pretty cost prohibitive if multiple people in your house play, Canadian it is 42$ a month and that is absurd. There are many things wrong with wow and publisher greed is at the top. I'm glad I stopped playing last year at the very least plus there's plenty of private servers.
    doesn't ff14 charge the exact same...

- - - Updated - - -

I feel like fixing the leveling experience is a waste of time and the vast majority of players want good gameplay and rewards. Lore is a secondary thing.

Mordern War sells more each time with a barebones story.

Every expansion is a reset.

If you want something even 'harder', there's Classic \ Seasons of Mastery for completely fresh starts at various points.

Mythic raids and M+ continue to be sensational features i thoroughly enjoy. Lore doesn't mean anything to me, if i want a good story i'll read proper novels by quality writers (WoW's lore\story\writing was always mediocre, if not bad), so, whilst the gameplay and end game continue to be as high quality as they are, i feel there's no need to stop developing the game, more patches, more expansions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Not sure i agree considering the monthly fee hasn't increased AT ALL in the past 17 years (still 13€\m since release). If anything, playing WoW is cheaper than it ever was. And if i'm not mistaken, a WoW token in the US region is like 170-190k? That's very easy to obtain if the actual fee might be 'prohibitive' as you say.

This is very, very far from what is wrong with WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Felis igneus View Post
    New players don't have the option for chromie time, you need to have level 50 character first to unlock that.
    Wow that is even worse

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Every expansion is a reset.
    Each expansion's story ties into the previous in some way. There hasn't been an expansion yet that I am aware of where all the NPCs are new, for example. I believe that is more in line with the OPs intent.
    Last edited by Taifuu; 2022-01-12 at 02:40 AM.

In its current state, hitting the reset button probably is not enough. They will also need to blow on the pins of the cartridge and plug it back in again.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

They should just do a MK9 like reset.

We return to Azeroth from Shadowlands, and as a last ditch effort, the remaining Jailers armies overrun the planet and we see Chromie atop a stage about to be executed along with the players, meaning this is the end of us. Right before execution, chromie sends us back in time and with no memory of thix, we are send back to the third war.

Let the rest speak for itself lol
    "Uh huh. So destroying southshore is meh, but camp cow is so important that you have to destroy a port city?" - Sunlily

FOR THE DARK ORDER!

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    How is food supply from westfal lacking not a threat to stormwind ?
    And in which world would sending the army against the poor not lead to another uprising among the citizens?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Squigglyo View Post
    The amount of things that would be 'removed' or at least watered down would be astronomical. It just would not make economical sense development/cost wise to remove so much content.
    And what? Valuable content its dumped on every major patch ? :P No body want to erase things. They could wrap old world with chromie and wake up our toons on azeroth like 1000y after SL end. I see reset just like this.

Quote Originally Posted by roboscorcher View Post
    The game engine needs an overhaul. WoW practically falls apart whenever the devs do something outside of "collect X heads and gather Y ore."

The graphics engine needs baseline improvements, like bump maps.

An overhaul is a massive job, but WoW really needs it. The game could look and feel so much better than it currently does.

Inb4 "I don't trust modern devs" etc.
    You cant do a massive engine overhaul of a game like wow,what FF did was insane and pretty sure unprecedented and they did it extremly early,not after 20 years of content that would completly need reworked to function in a new engine

a wow2 or the next mmo they make is the only shot at that

It's too late to do anything but to try and squeeze the last drops of milk from a dead cow. Even if they managed to somehow unfuck this game, the playerbase is just too old and young players dont give two shits about WoW.