Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

When can expect the next expansion reveal?

Any previous period when we would get a new expansion? Upcoming month? 3 months?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

When it's done (tm).

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Any previous period when we would get a new expansion? Upcoming month? 3 months?
    Typically they are revealed a full year before release. It seems like it was planned for the Feb Blizzconline. So the answer is "Whenever Blizzard feels like it." They better hurry because they got to start that alpha in the next 90 days if they intend this expansion coming out in 2022.

With 9.2 releasing somewhat Feb/March i guess we will get a 10.0 Announcement in March/April.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe delay it so we get a proper expansion? 10.0 has to be a hit and not a miss for many. So they better take their time.

I heard someone saying this month we could expect which sounds far stretched

I think they said instead of Blizzcon this year, each team will release new updates on their own.

Does that mean they’re all releasing info in Feb?

Maybe?

I’d guess Feb, around when Blizzcon was supposed to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    I think they said instead of Blizzcon this year, each team will release new updates on their own.

Does that mean they’re all releasing info in Feb?

Maybe?

I’d guess Feb, around when Blizzcon was supposed to be.

This. As part of their announcement that they were cancelling Blizzcon, they said to not fear, we'll still get big news. Nothing bigger than an expansion reveal.

Soon™ of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Typically they are revealed a full year before release. It seems like it was planned for the Feb Blizzconline. So the answer is "Whenever Blizzard feels like it." They better hurry because they got to start that alpha in the next 90 days if they intend this expansion coming out in 2022.
    Typical Blizz timelines would have alpha starting soon and beta would kick off in June/July. Usually by now we would know the setting and name of the expansion. There would be at least 1 larger article about the expansion published in a mainstream gaming magazine/site. Seems strange they haven't done any of that.

I suppose they could still release in 2022 (Nov?Dec?) but that would leave them with only a few months to advertise it at all. They absolutely could but it's important for others to recognize that they have *never* done that before.

Maybe delay it so we get a proper expansion? 10.0 has to be a hit and not a miss for many. So they better take their time.

I heard someone saying this month we could expect which sounds far stretched
    I heard this silliness a 1000x's in the past. The bottom line is - you can give incompetence 5 years and they'll still come up with something idiotic, best case scenario something mediocre. Time isn't the problem, the greater part of the WOW Dev is the problem.

Have you any idea on how far along it is? If any of 9.x was scrapped to make it further along? How ambitious it is?

You have no information whatsoever, so speaking of 'delays' makes no sense whatsoever. No one knows except Blizzard themselves.

Also, how can they delay something that hasn't been announced yet, nor has a release date scheduled.

And are you talking of a 'proper expansion' as opposed to Shadowlands not being proper? I really enjoy Shadowlands. Great raids, great dungeons (could have had one or two more), the same top gameplay as usual... i can only hope 10.x has as good of an endgame as SL did. (I care nothing about story\lore in WoW, so i don't care about how bad it is, it always has been mediocre at best anyway).

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So after talking with some 14 folks who know their usual schedule, I can pretty confidently say Late March/Early April reveal for 10.0. Doubt Blizz will hold 9.2 another 3 months given where WoW is at right now, so they'll instead try to fight 14's patch with their expansion reveal.

Launch I still say we're talking Q1 2023 purely off COVID/Walkout/Strike delays.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Have you any idea on how far along it is? If any of 9.x was scrapped to make it further along? How ambitious it is?

You have no information whatsoever, so speaking of 'delays' makes no sense whatsoever. No one knows except Blizzard themselves.

Also, how can they delay something that hasn't been announced yet, nor has a release date scheduled.

And are you talking of a 'proper expansion' as opposed to Shadowlands not being proper? I really enjoy Shadowlands. Great raids, great dungeons (could have had one or two more), the same top gameplay as usual... i can only hope 10.x has as good of an endgame as SL did. (I care nothing about story\lore in WoW, so i don't care about how bad it is, it always has been mediocre at best anyway).
    Shadowlands is not a good expansion in terms of content. Not only that almost everyone i talk to in-game are massively trash talking the expansion. Means there is something not quite right. Also the decline of almost 90% of its playerbase is a clear sign of it.

But i do hope 10.0 will be revealed atleast soon enough for people to start coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Not going to happen.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Also the decline of almost 90% of its playerbase is
    ...pulled from arse, rather than leaning on some actual data
    we dont know sub numbers since wod, best we can get are guesses and even those didnt speak about 90% decline...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    ...pulled from arse, rather than leaning on some actual data
    we dont know sub numbers since wod, best we can get are guesses and even those didnt speak about 90% decline...
    No, i totally agree on you with that part. But all activity websites do show a massive decline no matter where they pull their numbers from. Unless Blizzard changed some sorta tracking but why wouldn't they say that instead of allowing all the nay saying.

Probably around 9.2.5

Quote Originally Posted by gleepot View Post
    Last I heard was this:

- patch on 2/22/22
    - next expansion reveal in the spring
    - october release date
    So the shortest final tier and alpha and beta testing period, not happening
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

It's practically guaranteed to be delayed at this point, so no release in fall 2022. That would make spring 2023 the most likely, putting the announcement window (usually 10-12 months before) around March/April.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure they will annouce it soon after the patch releases. Not more then a month so the news doesn't over shadow the new content. But I also thought we would see the patch out this week so who knows.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."