Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    It always amuses me that having to play the game to get something causes y'all to get so bent out of shape
    The problem is having to engage with content that is boring and repetitive for a long period of time, otherwise you're not able to enjoy that other aspect of the game, that you really would like to participate in, cause it's fun.

It used to be that getting ready for raids was done by doing the previous raids.

Now staying relevant in raids means investing x amount of hours additionally in content most raiders don't care about.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    that's so people can test it. will probably still require revered. you know what annoys me about this - I anticipated needing a second leggo slot so made a max level Covenant legendary on my main in retail so I could happily equip it when it was unlocked. well that seems to have been a complete waist of time...
    You will still be able to equip it straight away after it's been unlocked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

10+ Year Old Account
    It always amuses me that having to play the game to get something causes y'all to get so bent out of shape
    Some people only consider raiding as playing the game. They feel entitled to get everything.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Taarna View Post
    The problem is having to engage with content that is boring and repetitive for a long period of time, otherwise you're not able to enjoy that other aspect of the game, that you really would like to participate in, cause it's fun.

It used to be that getting ready for raids was done by doing the previous raids.

Now staying relevant in raids means investing x amount of hours additionally in content most raiders don't care about.
    Like this guy. Only wants to raid. Feels entitled to get rewards outside of raiding.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

They never said there would be zero player power behind new reps, Day said the rune cyphers wouldn't have any power behind them. Unless you got a quote otherwise, think you are talking out your ass.

Also hate this new phone game generation of gamers that hate the fact they have to actually play a game, and can't just instantly complete it/instant gratification.
    Last edited by bledgor; 2022-01-12 at 04:05 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

7+ Year Old Account
    Always fun seeing how bad wow has gotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Like this guy. Only wants to raid. Feels entitled to get rewards outside of raiding.
    Sounds to me like he or she would rather just have farm content that was actually more fun and/or challenging than a handful of repeatable daily/world quests. There is zero challenge, zero need for player engagement, zero excitement - just a dull routine that most people are relieved to finally get over & done with.

Imagine if they threw the ability to use a second leggo behind something like the Mage Tower instead (a new MT, not a scaled messy re-do). Challenging? Check. Time consuming? Depends on how well you play. Hell, if that were a thing, I'd be happy if it wasn't account wide.

Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    They never said there would be zero player power behind new reps, Day said the rune cyphers wouldn't have any power behind them. Unless you got a quote otherwise, think you are talking out your ass.

Also hate this new phone game generation of gamers that hate the fact they have to actually play a game, and can't just instantly complete it/instant gratification.
    I don't know. I kind of miss having hard mode and easy mode not time locked out of loot mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    I hate raiding.

But everything outside of raiding is trivial anyway.

All good rewards should come from raiding.

Non-raiding content should reward trivial things only peasants care about cause it's trivial content.

It's not about entitlement, that's a catchphrase only Blizzard shills use.

I don't feel entitled to the reward, I don't want the reward to exist in the first place, so then I don't have to engage in mindless, meaningless, boring, trivial content, that isn't fun and just wastes my time. It doesn't matter if you can equip double legendaries anyway, cause the game is balanced around that anyway, so it just becomes the standard. What's exciting about being able to equip two legendaries? It's just a trick to waste your time. And at the end of the expansion, which is soon, you'll lose that form of power anyway, like all of the borrowed power we've gotten since Legion. But stay in the maze, by all means.

Stop sucking Blizzard's dick you disgrace of a human being.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    Sounds to me like he or she would rather just have farm content that was actually more fun and/or challenging than a handful of repeatable daily/world quests.
    Yeah pretty much. Which should be the default opinion to have.
    Last edited by Taarna; 2022-01-12 at 04:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Richardbro View Post
    Double Legendary in Patch 9.2 Requires Revered Reputation!!!!!

I don't mind grinding reps which I will do anyway, but I find it funny they went back on their word again.
    I has always been this way. First they make things properly, but then somebody from top management realizes, that content is "underused" and changes start to be made in order to
    "force" it.

Don't get me wrong. I'm casual player, so leggos don't affect me. I don't have first ones in a first place to even bother about 2nd ones. But there are things, I care about. For example I'm afraid, that at the end flying will require full ZM completion, that will take months, instead of just first talents, that is "too easy".

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    So your expected to play the game to unlock something, and? It's nowhere near the OMG factor some people will claim it is.

/Old Man Johnson joins chat

Back in my day we raided up hill with respawns so fast by the time we got to boss 3 we had to re-clear the raid entrance. Hell we couldn't even get to Ragnaros unless someone had the proper rep. Damn kids these days don't know how easy they have it.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    either

1- they went against their word which i mean yeah they prob do that

2- the vendor allows you to get replacements, sorta like the mop vendor, we might still get it from a quest, but if you want extra/replacements you can buy them.
    They said "no player power behind new zone system". OP's statement is a falsehood and deliberately misleading.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

15+ Year Old Account
    The problem is having to engage with content that is boring and repetitive for a long period of time, otherwise you're not able to enjoy that other aspect of the game, that you really would like to participate in, cause it's fun. It used to be that getting ready for raids was done by doing the previous raids.
    Not really. Mats, consumables, reps for non-enchanter enchants were all outside of the raid. But I fail to see how raids are not boring, repetitive, and done for a long period of time. Heck what about the old legendary questlines?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    Sounds to me like he or she would rather just have farm content that was actually more fun and/or challenging than a handful of repeatable daily/world quests. There is zero challenge, zero need for player engagement, zero excitement - just a dull routine that most people are relieved to finally get over & done with.

Imagine if they threw the ability to use a second leggo behind something like the Mage Tower instead (a new MT, not a scaled messy re-do). Challenging? Check. Time consuming? Depends on how well you play. Hell, if that were a thing, I'd be happy if it wasn't account wide.
    Putting strong power reward behind hard content?

You mean like what if they put 259/252 gear behind hard content like mythic raids?

Yeah they would never do that…

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Don't get me wrong. I'm casual player, so leggos don't affect me. I don't have first ones in a first place to even bother about 2nd ones. But there are things, I care about. For example I'm afraid, that at the end flying will require full ZM completion, that will take months, instead of just first talents, that is "too easy".
    You are afraid they will do something they haven't been doing the last few pathfinders?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Not really. Mats, consumables, reps for non-enchanter enchants were all outside of the raid.
    That's something only really dedicated raiders cared about, and even that wasn't as time-consuming as the borrowed power mechanics we've had since Legion. Also a lot of people circumvented that shit by buying gold.

it appears you miss the point, if you're gonna be a sheep at least pay attention.
    People aren't upset they have to "play the game" it's the fact Blizzard said they wouldn't do something and then did that something. I suppose AT THIS POINT.... players...those who aren't sheep anyways, are pretty tired of the lying. Let me guess...you think they don't lie still

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Not really. Mats, consumables, reps for non-enchanter enchants were all outside of the raid. But I fail to see how raids are not boring, repetitive, and done for a long period of time. Heck what about the old legendary questlines?
    While I dislike the concept of legendary items even from vanilla ( I feel they mess up the game balance to much and make deadslots) I did enjoy the old leggo quest lines at least before.

The rest of the things you listed can all be paid for via raiding, mythic plus, or pvp. A lot of people are getting sick and tired of being dragged out into the open world to genocide defenseless world mobs. It kinda feels like stomping puppies.

15+ Year Old Account
    That's something only really dedicated raiders cared about, and even that wasn't as time-consuming as the borrowed power mechanics we've had since Legion. Also a lot of people circumvented that shit by buying gold.
    So why do you care about double legendaries then? You aren't a dedicated raider so you won't need them to succeed. You are just making excuses so you can hate on X thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sucralose View Post
    The rest of the things you listed can all be paid for via raiding, mythic plus, or pvp. A lot of people are getting sick and tired of being dragged out into the open world to genocide defenseless world mobs. It kinda feels like stomping puppies.
    You could get Sons of Hodir rep with out doing it yourself? You are playing a game. If you don't like playing it why do you play it? If you leech off of others to just raid log should the rest of the game be designed for you? Or for those that want to play it?

I might have missed it, anyone got a link to where Blizzard says no power behind reps ? I have only seen them say no power behind cypher but like i said i might have missed it.

They said no power was locked behind the Cypher which is still correct. We've known about the rep requirement for legendaries since November but people chose to ignore that interview and instead misconstrue the other to mean all 9.2 content.