Quote Originally Posted by tehdang View Post
    She's got a few more notches on the batshit crazy meter than the mentioned Democrats, but don't assume for an instant that those Democrats are not also vulnerable to being called vile, despicable individuals that should've resigned in disgrace long ago. Had they any vestige of decency, that is.
    I think every intelligent reasonable individual would be completely safe and justified in assuming this, so um, why would you tell anyone not to? What's the angle here? Oh right, because trumpsters do nothing but project, as while they may be called these things, only do this because it applies to them.
    Last edited by beanman12345; 2022-01-12 at 04:25 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    She's got a few more notches on the batshit crazy meter than the mentioned Democrats, but don't assume for an instant that those Democrats are not also vulnerable to being called vile, despicable individuals that should've resigned in disgrace long ago. Had they any vestige of decency, that is.
    Sure, Omar, Schiff and Swalwell could be called such.

But not legitimately, by anyone with an ounce of fucking shame or basic grasp on reality.

Omar, the only people criticising are Christian fascists who hate the presence of any non-Christians and straight-up racists. The "vulnerability" is that she's not a white Christian. The only people taking issue with her are bigots.

The only thing I can find that you might be intimating about regarding Swalwell is that he had some contact with a Chinese spy. In the "they were in the same room a few times and may have had a conversation at some point". There was never any indication of impropriety or that Swalwell was tapped as an asset in any way. It was investigated, and Swalwell was cleared. So, nothing to bring up, if you're a reasonable person.

And Schiff, same thing. There's nothing. He's just openly opposed to Trump and has been the face of the impeachment proceedings. That's it. That's why some Republican partisan nutcases hate him so much. Nothing "vile" or "despicable" or worth resigning over.

You're pushing absolute steaming fucking nonsense that nobody reasonable should take seriously. It's kneejerk partisan chicanery, if not outright racist in Omar's case.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    So what dangerous conspiracy that prompted a lethal insurrection attempt did Omar and the other scary women of color democrat boogeymen promote?
    If you're going to shove racial undertones into the discussion, I'm just going to say you think the worst thing Greene did was get elected while being white. The partisan divide on what progressive Dems think obviates any comparison vs conservative Republicans is the least interesting part of the inevitable conclusion to partisan committee wrangling.

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    If you run that broad a brushstroke, then you'll paint every single member of Congress. Because in no other way are they legitimately called "vile, despicable individuals that should've resigned in disgrace long ago."
    The ones mentioned in the article are fine for starters and even being worse than the average on many axes, but if you want me to get a blanket condemnation of our current class of politicians of both stripes, I'm on your side.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    I think every intelligent reasonable individual would be completely safe and justified in assuming this, so um, why would you tell anyone not to? What's the angle here? Oh right, because trumpsters do nothing but project, as while they may be called these things, only do this because it applies to them.
    See: Edge's quip on having to tease it out of you, or if your end goal is equivocation
    "I wish it need not have happened in my time." "So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're going to shove racial undertones into the discussion, I'm just going to say you think the worst thing Greene did was get elected while being white. The partisan divide on what progressive Dems think obviates any comparison vs conservative Republicans is the least interesting part of the inevitable conclusion to partisan committee wrangling.
    That was a whole lot of words to not answer my question
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

She's got a few more notches on the batshit crazy meter than the mentioned Democrats
    Either you're so extreme right that you think that Bill Kristol is Che Guevara, or this is just straight up horse shit.

Last I recall, for example, there wasn't a Democrat that had to be told by the Holocaust museum that they were being a gross piece of shit for weaponizing the Holocaust over some trivial bullshit.

That's just one example of the kind of batshit crazy, unhinged, gross behavior that's beyond unbecoming of her office.

If you'd like, let's have McCarthy choose the Democrats on the committee and Pelosi hand-select the Republicans. I can live with that.
    Eyo, remember when McCarthy knowingly suggested placing a member of the House on the Committee who would, at the very least, be a subject of the investigation?

Kinda a weird choice knowing that Jim Jordan would be both on the Committee and either providing personal materials to and/or testifying in front of it.

Almost like, I dunno, it was like, McCarthy didn't make a remotely honest or earnest attempt to participate in the first place despite being given the chance?
    @tehdang - https://www.newsweek.com/marjorie-ta...ocrats-1668286

She went on to say, "Ultimately, the truth is it's our Second Amendment rights, our right to bear arms, that protects Americans and gives us the ability to defend ourselves from a tyrannical government," she said. "And I hate to use this language, but Democrats, they're exactly ... they're doing exactly what our Founders talked about when they gave us the precious rights that we have."
    That's totes fine? The explicit connection of Democrats to what the founders warned against over the continued, multi-decades long "gerna terk yer gunz!" fearmongers?

I'm done with this since this was a fun detour to pointing out Democrats this administration have only pursued action against members of Congress in direct response to their behavior, specifically repeat violations of rules, decorum, and decency. Taht's a good thing.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2022-01-12 at 06:43 AM.

So are ya gonna explain how that is or are ya just gonna say something vague and hope people believe you?

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    So let me get this straight, you're chastising Biden for not waving his magic president wand to end the filibuster, which would allow the party with a slim majority to run ripshod over legislation, but are also predicting a crushing defeat of the democrats in 2022 in which the republicans, now free of having to deal with the filibuster, that you want removed, will control both houses of congress.

And not only that, but you're predicting that Trump will work his way back into America's good graces in such a way to win in 2024 and that he and the GOP will once again have control of congress and the executive office.

And you want the filibuster to not exist in a system like that. You both espouse the inevitability of a Republican controlled legislature and executive, and also bemoan the existence of the filibuster.

Alright.

I think the filibuster should be removed too. But I'm not so doom and gloom as to have my predictions think that I'd actually be shooting myself in the foot by doing so, as is the only logical conclusion of your doom and gloom mindset.
    What's your excuse for him not doing things he is able to with executive power? changing Trump immigration policy, bring back net neutrality, cancelling student debt etc. Trump doesn't need to get in the good graces of America, the GOP hasn't won the popular vote in decades and now they have the power to throw out votes and results. Everything Trump tried to do in the coup is now legal and democrats aren't doing jack shit about it.

They have rigged the game even more to be in power without winning, they have resigned themselves to win by cheating because let's face it they have no other option.
    Last edited by Draco-Onis; 2022-01-12 at 12:56 PM.

I'm sure they'll find a place for the Democratic versions of Liz Cheney and Adam Kinzinger.

If you'd like, let's have McCarthy choose the Democrats on the committee and Pelosi hand-select the Republicans. I can live with that.

If there's chants of "Lock Her Up," at her next rally, I'll know we've come full circle on the norms of threatening jailtime for political representatives.
    Of course you can, because you side with anti-American fascists.

We've already covered this. I get that you don't like being called out on your actions, but you make them so blatantly clear.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure they'll find a place for the Democratic versions of Liz Cheney and Adam Kinzinger.

If there's chants of "Lock Her Up," at her next rally, I'll know we've come full circle on the norms of threatening jailtime for political representatives.
    She just suggested people "use their 2nd Amendment rights against Democrats", anymore handwaving of MTG's behavior headed our way?

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    So are ya gonna explain how that is or are ya just gonna say something vague and hope people believe you?
    Staying vague is the only way to try to equate Qanon crazies in congress to anything the left has.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure I've seen this sentiment echoed before; but can you imagine any other job where you can threaten armed violence against colleagues and not be fired/thrown in jail?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gotchya; let me find that WWE event where the Undertaker shot and killed Kane.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    This was in reference to MTG's comment about the 2nd amendment. I shouldn't have to clarify it's about guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Professional Wrestling.
    I don't think acting out scripted threats against colleagues who are also acting out scripted responses is really comparable to actual threats against colleagues who aren't in on it.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/us-...ds-2022-01-12/

Usual disclaimer: POTUS has surprisingly little impact on the US budget and deficit, though media and politicians like to attribute things to POTUS. So in that context -

he U.S. government posted a $21 billion budget deficit for December 2021, the smallest monthly gap in two years as individual income tax receipts surged with increased employment, the Treasury Department said on Wednesday.

The December deficit was 85% lower than the year-ago deficit of $144 billion, and was the smallest since a December 2019 deficit of $13 billion, just before the COVID-19 pandemic threw the global economy into a tailspin.

December receipts grew 41% to a monthly record of $487 billion, while outlays grew 4% to a record $508 billion.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Either you're so extreme right that you think that Bill Kristol is Che Guevara, or this is just straight up horse shit.

Last I recall, for example, there wasn't a Democrat that had to be told by the Holocaust museum that they were being a gross piece of shit for weaponizing the Holocaust over some trivial bullshit.

That's just one example of the kind of batshit crazy, unhinged, gross behavior that's beyond unbecoming of her office.
    The kind of grossly misinformed, anti-Semitic bullshit that Omar routinely throws out is in par with it. Comparing the US, Israel, Hamas, and the Taliban. Blaming criticism of her on the Benjamins. Going from opposing BDS to supporting BDS.

To the extent that the House is normalizing partisan-pressured votes to oust reps from committees, Omar should be nowhere near the House Foreign Affairs.

Eyo, remember when McCarthy knowingly suggested placing a member of the House on the Committee who would, at the very least, be a subject of the investigation?

Kinda a weird choice knowing that Jim Jordan would be both on the Committee and either providing personal materials to and/or testifying in front of it.

Almost like, I dunno, it was like, McCarthy didn't make a remotely honest or earnest attempt to participate in the first place despite being given the chance?
    @tehdang - https://www.newsweek.com/marjorie-ta...ocrats-1668286
    Maybe address the point. Because I could welcome that compromise.

That's totes fine? The explicit connection of Democrats to what the founders warned against over the continued, multi-decades long "gerna terk yer gunz!" fearmongers?

I'm done with this since this was a fun detour to pointing out Democrats this administration have only pursued action against members of Congress in direct response to their behavior, specifically repeat violations of rules, decorum, and decency. Taht's a good thing.
    You really think I'm in the position of needing to defend MTG's statements in order to say that there's upwards of 3 Democrats in the House that aren't far enough behind to legitimately push them off committees in a mostly party-line vote?

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    I don't really want to turn this into the All vs. TehDang thread of shitty Democrats in the House. I've stated my opinion on what happens in the future and the partial justification of it, and further rancor on this is unnecessary for the good of the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Of course you can, because you side with anti-American fascists.

We've already covered this. I get that you don't like being called out on your actions, but you make them so blatantly clear.
    Quoting this to remind people that the "you side with anti-American fascists" isn't a great breeding ground for discussion of the topic at hand. Maybe in the future it will be. But fascist-baiting and race-baiting means it's best to wait for more current events to put it back in the news, for instance, that Republicans win the House on a vote held ten months from now.
    "I wish it need not have happened in my time." "So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

The kind of grossly misinformed, anti-Semitic bullshit that Omar routinely throws out is in par with it. Comparing the US, Israel, Hamas, and the Taliban. Blaming criticism of her on the Benjamins. Going from opposing BDS to supporting BDS.
    I won't defend her here, but nothing she said is even worse than what Trump has said. Supporting BDS isn't antisemetic.

To the extent that the House is normalizing partisan-pressured votes to oust reps from committees, Omar should be nowhere near the House Foreign Affairs.
    Her behavior pales in comparison to someone like Greene.

What point? That McCarthy, also a subject of the investigation, proposed someone who would also be a subject in the investigation to help run the investigation?

You really think I'm in the position of needing to defend MTG's statements in order to say that there's upwards of 3 Democrats in the House that aren't far enough behind to legitimately push them off committees in a mostly party-line vote?
    Show me they're just as bad to warrant removal from committees as you support McCarthy's statement, apparently.

I don't really want to turn this into the All vs. TehDang thread of shitty Democrats in the House. I've stated my opinion on what happens in the future and the partial justification of it, and further rancor on this is unnecessary for the good of the thread.

Quoting this to remind people that the "you side with anti-American fascists" isn't a great breeding ground for discussion of the topic at hand. Maybe in the future it will be. But fascist-baiting and race-baiting means it's best to wait for more current events to put it back in the news, for instance, that Republicans win the House on a vote held ten months from now.
    And yet, that is exactly what you've done time and time again... defend racists, traitors, and fascists.

Just because the fascists and racists may win next election isn't a vindication of their fascist principles. It's merely an indication of how popular fascism and racism are in this country.

So, keep shilling for them, and Ill continue to properly label you for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    So not actual antisemitism. Just your own personal agenda against Omar, based in racism, and demonstrating your willingness to lie about the facts.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/dick-...b0a2670288219f

Apparently some Republicans like Sen. Marsha Blackburn are very upset that the Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Dick Durbin is ignoring whether home-state Senators turn in "blue slips" to signal their approval of a nominee from their home state. Neither she nor Senator Bill Hagerty of Tennessee have turned in slips for Andre Mathis, Biden's nominee for the 6th Circuit.

Thankfully, Durbin isn't having any of their bullshit -

“Republicans chose to abandon this senatorial courtesy,” said the Illinois Democrat. “Simply put, there shouldn’t be one set of rules for Republican nominees under a Republican president and a different set for nominees under a different president.”
    He's right, Republicans ignored blue slips while they controlled the Senate and White House, with many even bragging about it. Guess they don't like the smell of their own brand, maybe they should take a shower and put on some deodorant or something.

Bonus points: Blackburn voted in support of all 14 of Trump's judicial nominees during her tenure starting in 2019, none of whom had blue slips from Democrats within their state.

Abloobloo, cry more fuckin shitheels.