Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Only one solution then. If you don't wish to, don't do it.
    You are here for a very long time, join date: 2010.
    I'm sure you understand that players DO WANT to be as powerful as possible, BUT don't like to do mindless boring things to achieve that.
    Since Legion the game is filled with mindless, boring, easy, uninspired content THAT rewards player power.

Most players want the game to be fun and engaging within all types of content.

I'm sure you understand that, then why is this hostile attitude? No one wants this type of hate!

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, finally.

We do not need/want borrowed power systems. The legendaries will be more than covering that area, given that they are not really legendaries but a new system as well. However, that´s okay, it is a more basic system.

Rep grinding is good and it´s fun. It is a goal, an objective. The thing is, how do we grind it? I hope there are decent daily quests, story chain quests and farmable items. A grind can be made fun, we know that well by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Richardbro View Post
    Double Legendary in Patch 9.2 Requires Revered Reputation!!!!!

I don't mind grinding reps which I will do anyway, but I find it funny they went back on their word again.
    patch is probably going to last 10+ months so dont panic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orwell7 View Post
    I'm sure you understand that players DO WANT to be as powerful as possible, BUT don't like to do mindless boring things to achieve that.
    Since Legion the game is filled with mindless, boring, easy, uninspired content THAT rewards player power.

Most players want the game to be fun and engaging within all types of content.

I'm sure you understand that, then why is this hostile attitude? No one wants this type of hate!
    to be fair, this is a MMORPG and historically these kind of games have always had grinds to obtain stuff.

Imagine people thinking they will make an entire system and not tie it to player power.

Reputation requirements is such a lazy way of handling progression. Let us have some difficult content we can complete with friends. Not this easy, boring, heavily scripted nonsense every patch.

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    Well, finally.

We do not need/want borrowed power systems. The legendaries will be more than covering that area, given that they are not really legendaries but a new system as well. However, that´s okay, it is a more basic system.

Rep grinding is good and it´s fun. It is a goal, an objective. The thing is, how do we grind it? I hope there are decent daily quests, story chain quests and farmable items. A grind can be made fun, we know that well by now.
    I can’t honestly remember a fun grind in the past 17 years, unless you find dailies “fun”.

If you want some examples of fun grind instead, just install D3 and create a seasonal char.

Quote Originally Posted by Acelius View Post
    Reputation requirements is such a lazy way of handling progression. Let us have some difficult content we can complete with friends. Not this easy, boring, heavily scripted nonsense every patch.
    go do arena, push rating. Go do m+ and push high keys. If you have enough friends, push mythic raids.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    I can’t honestly remember a fun grind in the past 17 years, unless you find dailies “fun”.

If you want some examples of fun grind instead, just install D3 and create a seasonal char.
    Grinding in MMORPGs has more or less never really been fun. I think alot of players expect it to be gone from the genre but I dont really mind it. If the grind is set up so you can do it at your own pace its OK. If its grind+timegating its much more annoying.

God forbid people have to actually play an MMORPG

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    You are afraid they will do something they haven't been doing the last few pathfinders?
    Overall their 9.2 design clearly shows, that they haven't learned any lessons and just continue to do the same things again. Players should be aware of this problem, because it's pretty clear, that they shouldn't pre-order 10.0, no matter how hyped it will be.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Hmm,
    see the few posts above?

This is the brainwashing Blizzard has done to you. I cannot accept that mindless boring grinds are necessary in the life of an MMO.
    In Wotlk rep "grinds" were made easier with tabards, then you could spam dungeons WHICH IS FUN DAMMIT.

In my "perfect" MMO, we do have endgame progression systems with a few twists:
    -first, there should be multiple currencies as it is right now: soul ash, cinders, research, AP, you name it.
    -then, there should be a "main" source of these currencies, like Torghast for cinders, Korthia for research.
    -then, and this is THE most important part: you can choose to "grind" your favorite playstyle (it is 5mans and raids for me) to earn those currencies!
    maybe at a reduced rate to make the "main" source really the main source.
    -timegating, if present, should be either account-wide or have an IRL time-constraint. Like a server-wide global progression. If you join a few months late, the world already changed around and you get all the benefits instantly. You can still do the quests to experience HOW we, the players, changed the world.

Also, there is nothing "wrong" with grinding. Designig it to last long is not a problem. Being boring is a problem.
    Seriously, we pay a monthly fee for this, we should set the bar a lot higher!

This has been hot fixed and is no longer a requirement. So calm down and relax.

Quote Originally Posted by Orwell7 View Post
    I feel like it's the other way around: since a few expansions, we have a lot more activities to do, like mythic plus, for example, so that reputation grinds become boring and mindless. Or maybe it has been boring from the start, but rep grinds and dailies have been in the game since forever. I actually think they've been way worse in previous expansions.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbidaggy View Post
    This has been hot fixed and is no longer a requirement. So calm down and relax.
    that's just for testing. can almost guarantee it will require revered when it goes live.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lordjust View Post
    Don't know about that. The new story has 7 chapters and we know the first 3 chapters will be available week one to unlock the cypher of the first ones. The other chapters will probably unlock one chapter per week. The only ways to gain rep after doing the story quests is doing the 3 world quests, one weekly quest and 2 daily quests. First 3 chapters get you to friendly, each qorld quest gives you 75rep, each daily gives 75rep and the weekly gives I think 500rep. So thats 500+7*(5*75)=3125rep per week. From friendly to reverd are 6000+12000=18000 rep. So it'll take probably something like 3-4 weeks with the additional rep from the other story chapters till we hit revered which is about the same time we need to unlock flying.
    ok so I don't actually remember getting any rep from the story quests for the Enlightened. my character doesn't have it on there anyway. that being said, I did it very early in the beta and they could've added rep to the quests in a later build. I just did 3 world quests and got 225 rep for each one - but yeah it's still up in the air as to how much we get. if they stick with the 225 rep per wq though then yeah we will get there pretty quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    The question is, why do you think raidlogging is a bad thing? If a player just wants to raid why make them do stuff outside of raids. Compare it with a player only interested in pet battles, all they have to do for highest difficulty pet battling is leveling their pets.
    well, dont the best pet drop in raids? so pet batler that wants to be "the best" have to go to raids too...

its nothing new that if you want to raid on peak you have to do other content, and if you dont raid on peak you dont need to, if you hate the other content so much you can ignore it, surely with how much of you are whining here about it you can find likeminded people to raid without second legendary...

btw, revered rep required for legendary is LAUGHABLY low bar...

Quote Originally Posted by leviathonlx View Post
    Actually more than that. Guess people missed this due to the page change but they specifically said the belt would require rep in November.
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    go do arena, push rating. Go do m+ and push high keys. If you have enough friends, push mythic raids.

- - - Updated - - -

Grinding in MMORPGs has more or less never really been fun. I think alot of players expect it to be gone from the genre but I dont really mind it. If the grind is set up so you can do it at your own pace its OK. If its grind+timegating its much more annoying.
    But grinding per se is not an issue.

WoW grind is an issue, because it’s horribly implemented.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makaloff View Post
    im not suprised, they been lying and going back on their word for years now and SL been a crapshow throught and throught. However this means their mentality is here to stay and next expansion most likely gonna be as bad as SL is.
    I'd say most likely worse. Historically when they push very bad design they tend to double down on it over time if the player outcry isn't loud enough as in very massive unsub waves. The feedback itself and the obvious dislike of the players for these things don't phase them at all any more. Its spite driven design to not only milk hard those that don't have self respect or standards but to also push the boundaries to see just how much shit they can eat and ask for seconds with their wallets.

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    But grinding per se is not an issue.

WoW grind is an issue, because it’s horribly implemented.
    They should just let players engage with the content they present. It sucks when they timegate stuff just for the sake of it. There can be no other reason to timegate stuff other than keeping people subbed for just a little bit longer.

Its been said before but wow retail might be best to play at the later stages of each xpac. You can always see the raids via LFR or the odd normal/hc/mythic run. Besides that, at the last major patch content you have everything presented to you and can play it all. No waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    "Actually fun"? It's almost as though people have different opinions and like different things. Maybe some people like having a checklist of simple tasks to complete each day and derive satisfaction from marking each one off the list each day.
    True I suppose. I don't see how personally, as World Quests are the equivalent of holding right on a walking simulator with no story. I just think the argument that "raiders don't want to work for anything!!!" is nonsense when really raiders just don't want to do braindead single-player content. I don't know many raiders who have an issue with having to do M+ for example - because M+ is actually a good MMO feature.

Give us multiple avenues to unlock such rewards then. So people who want to do the WoW equivalent of IRL shelf-stacking for a month can get it that way, while people who want to do something more meaningful have other avenues to unlock upgrades.
    Last edited by Toybox; 2022-01-12 at 12:36 PM.

With Tier sets not being tradeable, this is going to be hilarious for the RWF too. Its "i didnt loot the domination socket" all over again especially with the race taking guaranteed 2 weeks and needing a drop off specific bosses to complete tiers.

Between that and the grind for legos/maxed out conduits, the raid will have the wonkiest tuning ever.