Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    It should require exalted honestly,all that power for just revered? yawn,back in my day you werent raid ready unless you were exalted with like 10 of the factions
    Yeah, its no fuss really. Getting to revered is the only thing the raiders have to do outside the raid in 9.2.

This is not an issue whatsoever.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    except that they didn't. Morgan Day explicitly said: "The Cypher of the First Ones is a very big system, which will drive a majority of outdoor content, and will be available week 1. The major goal is to incentivize exploration, though raiders should be able to ignore the system if they want to - no raid player power will be bound to it."

so yeah, it requires revered reputation - but Blizzard never said that would not be the case, they said it would have to be unlocked (like most things) but yeah really should not take more than a week or two to get to revered. given that the raid usually opens 2 weeks after a patch launch then yeah basically everyone will be revered anyway.
    https://ptr.wowhead.com/news/the-sta...pulcher-325004
    https://ptr.wowhead.com/news/double-...utation-325564

Just to emphasize your point, it pretty clearly says the cypher thing won't impede raid player power.
    The Enlightened, a faction in the new zone, will sell the ability to get a second legendary, but that's not tied to the cypher systems, that's just a faction.
    But I guess jumping to false conclusions for a spicy title is more fun for some people.

Oh, noes. Having to play the game. The horror.

All of this fuss over easily-debunked misinformation. 2022 getting off to an amazing start!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    While is is a fair argument the rep grinds of expansions prior to Legion were some of the fastest & probably easiest grinds out there with daily quests giving anywhere from 250 to 350 rep per turn in. As of Legion though you're sorta stuck with the emissary things which are totally at random and only give 1500 per 3 quest turn in and again that's only every 3 days. Honestly i'd rather have the old system of dailies than the World Quest system that exists now. It's a bad one and should never have been implemented.

Having player power behind non-raid/dungeon/PvP content is fine, but surely it could be a bit more exciting than braindead single-player chores with zero challenge & zero excitement? Pure carrot on a stick gameplay with absolutely no merit to it whatsoever.

Someone said earlier that people enjoy that sort of stuff, but I personally don't see why there can't be an alternative way to unlock such a reward for people who don't wanna stack shelves for NPCs. AotC/+20s/2100 or something...

Quote Originally Posted by Richardbro View Post
    Double Legendary in Patch 9.2 Requires Revered Reputation!!!!!

I don't mind grinding reps which I will do anyway, but I find it funny they went back on their word again.
    Cept they didn't.

They were real careful not to lie about this shit. And y'all just decided they said it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    Having player power behind non-raid/dungeon/PvP content is fine, but surely it could be a bit more exciting than braindead single-player chores with zero challenge & zero excitement? Pure carrot on a stick gameplay with absolutely no merit to it whatsoever.

Someone said earlier that people enjoy that sort of stuff, but I personally don't see why there can't be an alternative way to unlock such a reward for people who don't wanna stack shelves for NPCs. AotC/+20s/2100 or something...
    We'll have to see how much grind it will be. The story quests will take us some of the way and being required to leave one's comfort zone occasionally can't be that terrible.

I don't see how anybody can defend this. Rep grinding is always tedious and unfun and the fact that they are gating it behind this is just not good design. Just because it's always been like this doesn't mean it needs to continue this way.

I'd be more forgiving if Blizz actually put effort into their world content instead of just copy-pasting Argus design over and over.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BreakerOfWills View Post
    Cept they didn't.

They were real careful not to lie about this shit. And y'all just decided they said it anyway.
    they literally said that.

Gamers when they have to play the game.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    I don't see how anybody can defend this. Rep grinding is always tedious and unfun and the fact that they are gating it behind this is just not good design. Just because it's always been like this doesn't mean it needs to continue this way.

I'd be more forgiving if Blizz actually put effort into their world content instead of just copy-pasting Argus design over and over.

- - - Updated - - -

Link or video where they said that you wouldn't have to do Zerith Mortis at all for player power. The ONLY quote is that CYPHER will not be required and it IS NOT. So whatchu on about.

no, they havent, they literaly said there will be no power locked behind CYPHER system... there are even links in this thread to the interview...

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    no, they havent, they literaly said there will be no power locked behind CYPHER system... there are even links in this thread to the interview...
    Ok even if they didn't say that, when the defense of this is "it's not that bad" or "Well, it's always been like this", that should tell you something about the state of the game.

In Legion you just logged in and clicked the research button and paid 15k resources, which most people had already saved. You also didn't have to do all this business of crafting Legendaries and upgrading them with all of these pieces through multiple ranks. A new patch came out, the new Legendaries that dropped were automatically higher ilevel and you can get an item to upgrade old ones.

Idc what anyone says, the Legion system was infinitely better. People say "RNG RNG!". Yeah well you got your first one very quickly, and then got 2nd and 3rd not much longer after that. But you just got it from doing any content in the game you enjoyed. Killing rares or opening treasures, doing dungeons, PVP, raiding, etc. There wasn't all of this side shit you HAD to do. Plus it just made every part of the game exciting, like Ion said "anything could happen". That was actually fun. Hey my buddy wants to do some PVP, sure I can help out I might get a legendary. I'm bored but want to run a few dungeons... hey I can get a legendary (or Titanforged items). This RNG stuff is fine it just needs to be supplemented with a deterministic route, like allowing items to have ranks that can either be updated manually or proc when they drop giving you bonus ranks.

IMO they need to just tweak the Legion legendary system. Maybe have a smaller pool, you can only equip 1 anyway. Only have utility or throughput style ones. Have targeted areas to grind fragments if people really, really want a specific one. Like Wakening Essences.

Shadowlands is absolutely garbage tier.
    Last edited by ro9ue; 2022-01-12 at 03:51 PM.

Ok even if they didn't say that, when the defense of this is "it's not that bad" or "Well, it's always been like this", that should tell you something about the state of the game.
    yes, that there are people who think this LAUGHABLY low bar is problem
    and no, it havent always been like that, it have actualy been FAR WORSE on occasions, remember the pandaria and wod legendary marahton?
    or ACTUAL rep grinds in vanila? hell this will probably be few dailies, thats not even comparable, yet people will whine bcs they dont get everything free served on silver plate... hell i hope they change it to exalted just to piss off little whiners who are so used to getting everything immediately bcs they want it...

but the point of thread (and your comment) is how they lied, which they DIDNT, you just have shitty reading/comprehension and/or memory, thats it...
    and there is no "if" they simply didnt say that

5+ Year Old Account
    All y'all do every day is lie and eat hotfries.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

We'll have to see how much grind it will be. The story quests will take us some of the way and being required to leave one's comfort zone occasionally can't be that terrible.
    Are you trying to actually be genuine or just being an ass because its acceptable to force players invested in group content in a mmo into mindless grinds but somehow a grievous sin to get single players into group content?

Even if this turns out to be a weekly story quest we both know its going to be dreadfully boring and if shadowlands is anything to go by a eye rolling terrible fucking story about sylvannas redemption arc.

- - - Updated - - -

The wow community in general has been broken into compliance long ago. They now consider being bored for only 20 hours a selling point of the game...

Meh, I'm not too excited for double leggos, since I want to play Necro Feral Druid and I'll be forced to use a the covenant leggo.... which is awful.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jujudrood View Post
    https://ptr.wowhead.com/news/the-sta...pulcher-325004
    https://ptr.wowhead.com/news/double-...utation-325564

Just to emphasize your point, it pretty clearly says the cypher thing won't impede raid player power.
    The Enlightened, a faction in the new zone, will sell the ability to get a second legendary, but that's not tied to the cypher systems, that's just a faction.
    But I guess jumping to false conclusions for a spicy title is more fun for some people.
    Jumping to false conclusions for a spicy title is like 95% of the threads here

Quote Originally Posted by Richardbro View Post
    Double Legendary in Patch 9.2 Requires Revered Reputation!!!!!

I don't mind grinding reps which I will do anyway, but I find it funny they went back on their word again.
    But they didnt really go back on their word, since everyones hate subject Ion told us in a interview back in november that double legendary would come from from new zone.

In a Millenium interview with Ion Hazzikostas, he revealed that players will be able to equip their Covenant Legendary plus any other legendary at the same time. In addition, the new Legendary Currency no longer comes from Torghast, but from Zereth Mortis instead.