Thread: 10.0 Leak

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    sounds so bad it's probably real. no new class, more covenant abilities, goofy lore, etc.

and so begins the leak season, Some of the things here was nice but really doubt it.

This doesn't sound unrealistic?

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    "The Dragon Isles" being the legitimate expansion name is just silly, if true.
    It does sound a bit too generic for an expansion title.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is the fakest bunch of fakes that ever faked.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyux View Post
    Love the expansion concept, 100%.

My question though to everyone else is what actually are the hints for the Dragon Isles? We have the dragons in Island Expeditions in BfA, the one line in the quest text when you turn Azerite in to Wrathion in BfA, and the dragon bundle on the shop. Am I missing other recent hints?
    Hints may be scarce, but still substantially more than what we knew about the SL before this expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dont believe this is legit, but it's an interesting concept.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe its Dragons of Dragonopolis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    No it wont.

I don't like either the class or the race... what makes you think everyone will like it?
    Druids are the most popular class in WoW by a significant margin. You add a Wrathion-like race to the equation with new (dragon-based) Druid forms, and it's checkmate.

This one almost got it all:
    -New race or class
    -World revamp
    -Silly asspull lore (this one is pretty much a given at this point)
    -"Exciting" new throwaway systems

It's only missing housing, new customization options and the tinker class really.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

7+ Year Old Account
    Ain't buying yet, but, the "azeroth soul is a dragon" is sure the kind of stupid thing the writing team would come up with trying to tie those things together, i don't have much of a problem with this specifically, but i have with other part.

See, on top of that saying "Azeroth is sort of the dragon progenitor", is definitely something the new team would come up with, soft retcon so their new idea of "azeroth is a dragon" to make sense(cause we know dragons were elementals turned into flesh, just like other things) without thinking further or ignoring the past.

Make "black dragon playable" also seems like some wet dream instead of an actual thing, i can see drakonids or dragonborns, but full dragons? hard, especially when its "only black", while the selling point would rly be "chose your own color"

im also not believing a new expansion without a class, plus, training Azeroth in dragon soul sounds too naughty.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    It does sound a bit too generic for an expansion title.
    No more then Shadowlands tbh

That being said I don't like naming expansions after where they're set.

7+ Year Old Account
    to be fair, battle for azeroth was way worse

That race would let horde druids be something other than tauren/troll for the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    snip.
    My assumption is titans can choose what they look like. So Azeroth was protected by dragons for eons and such associates with them so takes thier forms make some amount of sense.

Also i think true Black Dragon would work better as a hero class with your race just being what the dragon takes as a mortal form. Dragons seem to take mortal form all the fucking time anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    MOP "systems"

1. glyphs- replaceable with just 1 click in the rested area. "penalty" is ~20-200gold.
    2. Legendary cloak questline- takes ~30-120 mins/week to clear raid wing on any difficulty.
    3. Easy, fast and "bis-list" gearing.
    Correct. Putting quotation marks around systems doesn't make them not systems, though.

Nothing here sounds infinite with the very, very limited information available.

That being said, it's probably not real anyway. I anticipate another infinite grind treadmill as well.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    They're way overdue announcing/getting the hype-train started, looks plausible and wouldn't be surprised if it's partly intentional before the official announcement shortly, seeing they're back from winterbreak and would've shared details in the online-blizzcon that got cancelled but was planned to happen around this time iirc.

Honestly all the good titles have been used already, 'world-shaping' is much more uncanny to me out of all this.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post

renown and soulbind catchup were both in from launch my dude what?
    Not since launch, but since we were "allowed" to reach the top. Which was still extremely slow. AND covenant swap restrictions we had on top of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Ah yes. No bias here.

You do know you could complete it in LFR too (sadly)

Quote Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
    Correct. Putting quotation marks around systems doesn't make them not systems, though.

Nothing here sounds infinite with the very, very limited information available.

That being said, it's probably not real anyway. I anticipate another infinite grind treadmill as well.

Ofc it doesn't. But someone earlier said that all expansions had their own "systems". So, that's why I used quotation marks for mop "systems" compared to GRINDFEST we have in game since Legion and onward.

I first read the black dragon race and immediately dismissed the whole thing. Then I read the actual concept and now I'm leaning towards plausible.

It's honestly not any crazier than the WoD leak sounded back in the day, and except for a few details, that was almost entirely right.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    The leak says that Druid lore for Dragons is "super fun" or something, as are their forms, so I guess Blizzard works around the lore somehow?

I just hope that if this is true, they go with draconic forms for the dragon-based Druids. Kind of like how Zandalari Trolls got Dino Druid forms...
    But even Zandalari aren't the most played Druid race even though they got super cool forms.

completely out of context, since i have no opinion about, if the leak is true or not (and i dont care tbh):

hmm, asking myself if Blizzard’s marketing ever did fake leak posts, to get community opinions. to reflect and analyze about the direction they are going, while working on the next xpac, in background of actual xpac.

i am curious about, if they do such things. in a sense like Apple has an own team to spread disinformation about the next iphone (which is a known fact).

curious about that.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2022-01-13 at 01:31 AM.