"I hate all this dumb universe-at-stake stuff! Why can't we go back to just being simple adventurers helping out with regular problems and grounded stories!"
    "I hate all these regular problems and grounded stories, stop with this dumb filler and get to the universe-at-stake stuff already!"

Every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    "I hate all this dumb universe-at-stake stuff! Why can't we go back to just being simple adventurers helping out with regular problems and grounded stories!"
    "I hate all these regular problems and grounded stories, stop with this dumb filler and get to the universe-at-stake stuff already!"

Every time.
    You do realize these aren't the same people saying both of these things, right?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Sometimes they are.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Exchange Ztudent View Post
    I mean I hope we get a "Back to Basic" and simple premise with Azeroth as the main selling point with content being the focus of the expansion rather than the game systems. I do not think the audience would enjoy Back to Azeroth but with a Cosmic Twist or being stuck on a Island Continent for 2 years on Azeroth. Yrel and her Armada is also heavily confusing for everyone beyond those in the know and Turalyon going Genocidal when we return is going to put 10.0 in a tailspin for the entire audience and especially if Yrel is introduced afterwards.
    /10 characters.

Why do people here have such a hard time with reading comprehension. Just read again. Does the current leaks have anything to do with Azeroth Revamp? No? Well, then it isn't tied to what I wrote in the past. Crazy stuff!

None of this fit the criteria that I put out for what I hoped and wanted. Instead we get a directionless 5 zone Island with no plot and that's it? Come on, at least if you're doing the directionless nonsense do it properly on Azeroth cause that is what everyone wanted with 10.0 in the first place.
    The Dragon Isles aren't on Azeroth?

No, they are a figment of your imagination as it currently stands.
    Man, that's crazy. How does Wrathion know about figments of my imagination?

7+ Year Old Account
    Why do people here have such a hard time with reading comprehension. Just read again. Does the current leaks have anything to do with Azeroth Revamp? No? Well, then it isn't tied to what I wrote in the past. Crazy stuff!

None of this fit the criteria that I put out for what I hoped and wanted. Instead we get a directionless 5 zone Island with no plot and that's it? Come on, at least if you're doing the directionless nonsense do it properly on Azeroth cause that is what everyone wanted with 10.0 in the first place.
    The problem with you is that you like to base your "speculations" on bullshit. Like suddenly, usual, low-effort leaks from leak season are a basis of your claim that 10.0 will be dull. Or like a month ago you came out with this rumor that WoW dev team is all freshly hired and inexperienced devs that need 2 years of training, and that it spells doom for next expansion. We get it, you want to see this game crash, as you gleefully expressed anticipation for the "shit show that 2022 will be for Blizzard".
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2022-01-13 at 08:22 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

The fact that so many of the leaks are focusing on void shit/old gods with the dragons when Light is being built up more and mentioned more by the Devs is a good sign they are fake.

The only one semi plausible is the kid Azeroth one (changing zones up with the datamined Living World) which is too detailed and also doesn’t follow up on the light stuff. But maybe it is a part of the old world zones they say are getting updated.

Remember Ion talked about Goldshire directly. Old world will be involved somehow.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WheresT View Post
    The fact that so many of the leaks are focusing on void shit/old gods with the dragons when Light is being built up more and mentioned more by the Devs is a good sign they are fake.

The only one semi plausible is the kid Azeroth one (changing zones up with the datamined Living World) which is too detailed and also doesn’t follow up on the light stuff. But maybe it is a part of the old world zones they say are getting updated.

Remember Ion talked about Goldshire directly. Old world will be involved somehow.
    I mean, Light and Naaru are themes with the strongest foreshadowing and most sense at this point, and where is Light, there will be Void. These two are current main cosmic powers, so it is only natural that all leaks go for most plausible theories.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2022-01-13 at 08:31 PM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I guess this LivingWorld stuff is "Suramar cloak" of this expansion. Unlike other doesn't tell anything about next expac (we all kinda expect leaving SL), but I think goal is rather to spark speculations about next expansions, devs must looooove this. Which gives some hopes reveal won't be far away from 9.2.

So I'll stick to predition from few pages ago: TBC in 2 weeks, patch late February, reveal on final days of Q1 (no matter if this will be before or after Jailer world first).

Better question is why you're getting frustrated over fake leaks. Not only fake leaks, but also ultra generic ones (Tinker! Dragon Isles! some new stuff!).

If this seriously your first year in this community? Sounds unlikely, no one get jaded so fast. So you should know better how worthless are "leaks".

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    I mean, Light and Naaru are themes with the strongest foreshadowing and most sense at this point, and where is Light, there will be Void. These two are current main cosmic powers, o it is only natural that all these leaks go for most plausible theories.
    10.0 will likely feature both Light and Void with the Dragons, but so far leakers ignore Turalyon and the possible Stormwind update.

Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    I mean I hope the Living World stuff leads to something related to the Old World.

Also again, no I know these are probably fake. I don't know why anyone would assume I would believe them to be true I thought we were under the assumption here that all leaks are fake. So it's odd to see people actually think I believe in them.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    I guess this LivingWorld stuff is "Suramar cloak" of this expansion. .
    To be fair, I don't think the LivingWorld stuff has anything to do with the setting. I think its rather a hint at the way future content is going to be delivered.

I mean I hope the Living World stuff leads to something related to the Old World.

Also again, no I know these are probably fake. I don't know why anyone would assume I would believe them to be true I thought we were under the assumption here that all leaks are fake. So it's odd to see people actually think I believe in them.
    The leaks are likely fake but the World Sharper one is both creative, ticks boxes that people want (world revamp of some kind, dragon race thing) and has a tentative tie to the “Living World” system. If the zones change due to changes you make with Azeroth, Living World might be the zones transforming or their different phases.

It’s interesting to say the least.

Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I don't know. It is fascinating though since this implementation of animations does not seem to be common at least from my observations. So it just makes it even more mysterious when more are added in 9.2, as well.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

The Dragon Isles "leak" is certainly the most realistic I've seen in awhile.

It doesn't try to be overly shocking, and it tackles major concepts without being overly ambitious. The other two things that stand out to me are, first, the new abilities, which being compared to the Covenant abilities, but a sort of downplayed version of them by offering no choice, is how features have been crossing expansions these days (but without also cynically calling attention to it). The second is the dragon customization, which sounds comparable to Demon Hunter, but includes "molten blood", which was originally a sign of Deathwing's corruption, but is the sort of retcon I'd expect for the sake of a cool feature (also, the fact that it's only black dragons, which allows them to put more story and art focus on the race, while kinda sucking for the fans of every other Dragonflight, is a compromise past features have made before).

The biggest problem is mostly its length. I think the Cataclysm leak was the only one that was ever thorough. Timing could be a red flag, but we honestly don't know when we're getting an announcement, so any "leak" could be closer to the announcement than we think.

I almost posted this yesterday, but now the other new "leak" posted here made me want to comment just by comparison. It may be shorter and resemble the last minute "leaks" more that tend more often to be real, but mentioning 11.0 at all is a pretty huge red flag. Fake "leaks" love to talk about future content a lot (as in, past the announcement for the expansion they're about), but I don't think those have ever been the real ones. That's not what Blizzard means when they lay out plans for the next expansion while working on the current (also, it seems the real ones tend to get their information from an impending announcement event, not detailed internal plans).
    Last edited by Jokubas; 2022-01-13 at 09:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokubas View Post
    The Dragon Isles "leak" is certainly the most realistic I've seen in awhile.

It doesn't try to be overly shocking, and it tackles major concepts without being overly ambitious. The other two things that stand out to me are, first, the new abilities, which being compared to the Covenant abilities, but a sort of downplayed version of them by offering no choice, is how features have been crossing expansions these days (but without also cynically calling attention to it). The second is the dragon customization, which sounds comparable to Demon Hunter, but includes "molten blood", which was originally a sign of Deathwing's corruption, but is the sort of retcon I'd expect for the sake of a cool feature (also, the fact that it's only black dragons, which allows them to put more story and art focus on the race, while kinda sucking for the fans of every other Dragonflight, is a compromise past features have made before).

The biggest problem is mostly its length. I think the Cataclysm leak was the only one that was ever thorough. Timing could be a red flag, but we honestly don't know when we're getting an announcement, so any "leak" could be closer to the announcement than we think.

I almost posted this yesterday, but now the other new "leak" posted here made me want to comment just by comparison. It may be shorter and resemble the last minute "leaks" more that tend more often to be real, but mentioning 11.0 at all is a pretty huge red flag. Fake "leaks" love to talk about future content a lot (as in, past the announcement for the expansion they're about), but I don't think those have ever been the real ones. That's not what Blizzard means when they lay out plans for the next expansion while working on the current (also, it seems the real ones tend to get their information from an impending announcement event, not detailed internal plans).
    I believe WoD leaks mentioned Farahlon/Netherstorm being patch content in passing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    I believe WoD leaks mentioned Farahlon/Netherstorm being patch content in passing.
    I just checked and you're right, it had the line "Netherstorm is Faralon but will be released in a future patch." (I had only remembered the super short leak that barely said anything aside from the name, and forgot there was a much longer one from just a few days before the announcement, which I guess also means Cataclysm wasn't the only expansion to get a longer leak.)

It's an interesting precedent to refer to though, I think, because the context there was how notable Outland areas will be handled in Draenor, so it makes sense that they bring up the zone, but clarify that we won't see that area right away (and, as history would play out, ultimately never see). A lot of fakes like to tease the future for its own sake, which this new "leak" does twice.
    Last edited by Jokubas; 2022-01-13 at 09:30 PM.

A bizarre broken english leak popped up on 4chan. I think the gist is that the Dragon Isles are like North Korea and we have to prove ourselves to them when they try and attack both factions? No race or class mentioned, cross faction is the only new mechanic. Worth a read.

Can’t post a link because I’m new, it was posted in 10.0 leak thread.

Arcadian Wont

The expansion is centralized into the Land of Law, across the seas and protected by aggressive fleets;

The Campaigners led by Dyr-Knight Braze deemed the Alliance and Horde unworthy of protecting Azeroth and are demanding control of their military forces under the threat of war. Campaign Warships threaten the Alliance and Horde cities;

The High Council of Arcadia holds them back and the Council Mouthpiece invites The Factions' Envoy (the player) into proving their worth to the Campaigners before a war breaks out;

Official title of Envoy unlocks grouping with players of the opposite faction for PvE activities
    The population of the Land of Law is composed by diverse races, familiar and new, native and outlanders. The Dyr share resemblance with the modern Pandaren while the Kracian will expand the lore of the Makrura;

The new capital city is the Council Gardens, where the players will trade and dialog with members of all Land of Law’s factions. The Council Mouthpiece oversees the city;

The zones are the Wartorn Strands, Eastward, Chasm Research Facility, The Wyrms and Arcadia;

Wartorn Strands contain information about the bloody past of the Land of Law and is ruled by the Survivors – sailors and merchants from familiar Azeroth factions and even Alliance and Horde that are stranded in the Land of Law;

Eastward is the Campaigners’ smoldering training grounds where The Envoy will have to prove their martial might to all the Dyr-Knights including Braze. The Envoy will be initiated into their ways to learn about the ancient Laws of Combat and fight against violent native factions of Eastward;

Chasm Research Facility is a massive science compound built to explore an inland anomaly of the Land of Law. The Scavenging Might Co. survey it’s deeps to uncover the nature of a hollow detected far below the surface;

The Wyrms, a cloud-scraping mountain range that divides the Land of Law. Each stone spire is ruled by a Great Dragon Sovereign, together their form the Accord of Colors. They have differing opinions towards the merits of the Dragon Aspects, who failed to stop Sargeras’ final attack and Sylvanas’ betrayal;

Arcadia is a floating island located to the North high above the other zones, ruled by the High Council and forbidden even to the other factions. Only by proving themselves to the Land of Law can The Envoy journey there to face the final trials and learn secrets about Azeroth’s ancient past before the Sundering.

Level cap is 60, Shadowlands becomes legacy content parallel to the rest;

Shadowlands' skills become baseline and are now a talent roll;

Adjustments to the current specializations and continued improvements to the Allied Races’ customization;

Alterac Valley reworked into Alterac Grounds, a 10v10 standard battleground with familiar mechanics;

Improved Mercenary system, where the player can join War-faring Subfactions regardless of being Alliance or Horde and do instanced PvP content;

10 new dungeons and one new raid located into Eastward;

Please forgive my English.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WheresT View Post
    A bizarre broken english leak popped up on 4chan. I think the gist is that the Dragon Isles are like North Korea and we have to prove ourselves to them when they try and attack both factions? No race or class mentioned, cross faction is the only new mechanic. Worth a read.

Can’t post a link because I’m new, it was posted in 10.0 leak thread.
    Yeah, that one is assuredly BS.