Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    https://twitter.com/temporyal/status...67397664137216

First season seems to start in March, which is quite a ways off. 12 weeks of pre-season events, and first season kicks off with a new map set at a Canadian research facility.

Been playing more, I almost want to turn cross-play off. Played a few rounds of rush yesterday and got nearly full squads of console folks and like...I'm not looking to make this a PC vs. Console thread but like...they're usually a different breed. Not a single person seemed to ever use utility skills to try to kill the ground/air that was destroying us. Not a single spawn beacon. Fighting on/around bomb points and watching out for winsuit lady trying to backdoor? WHY WOULD YOU EVER DO THAT WHEN YOU COULD JUST CAMP AT THE SIDE OF THE MAP AWAY FROM OBJECTIVES TO TRY TO SCORE A FEW KILLS, FAIL AND STILL HAVE LIKE 3 KILLS ALL ROUND, AND LET THEM BOMB THE POINTS IN THAT REGION. Nab a tank? Sweet! Better drive right up to a group of like 15+ of the enemies at point blank range, not shoot a single one of them with the tank canon, and then get blown up after your gunner (me!) kills a few guys while frantically hoping that the driver wakes up from their coma.

PC players can be just as shit, don't get me wrong, but I'm encountering a lot more issues with squad play when it comes to console buddies. Though every now and then you get a console friend that's fuckin ace and actually knows how to play with the squad or pilot a helicoptor or just be awesome in general.

I'm trying to keep chill like I've been so far, but sometimes it's absolutely infuriating.

https://www.vg247.com/battlefield-20...attachment-bug

Man, this explains a surprising amount. Apparently recoil is fucked on guns, and changing attachments - any attachment - can reduce your recoil considerably.

Oh, and other attachments like weapon grips don't all work as they seem like they should/are supposed to.

Super hoping we get a deep dive into development on this, because I don't know how on earth DICE and all the multiple support studios could have pissed away so much time with this as the result. It's not awful, but it just feels like something they slapped together in 6 months.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...-communication

Oh, and Rush killed from the official modes so you can only play in true Portal mode, meaning capped XP.

I get it, modes are supposed to rotate through the official Portal "featured experience" stuff, but like...Rush seemed like the first well received thing that Dice has done so far and it was quite popular. Just ugh, please unfuck this game and the decision making process and make it seem like the team actually likes the BF franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Super hoping we get a deep dive into development on this
    You do not need a documentary. Any software engineer out there is able to tell you what went wrong; time. They did not have enough time. You need even more time if you haven't been particularly careful on what you did before. This is what we call "technical debt". With every workaround, you incur a debt to your code base and in the long run, you repay. Often times, you repay more.

This is only the technical side. The game is also a direction disaster. Apparently, they did 180 as far as the direction goes during mid project. What a colossal failure...

So what do people think of the recent funny stuff, like the threats to close game's subreddit and that we gamers supposedly had too many expectations (it's our fault)?

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    You do not need a documentary. Any software engineer out there is able to tell you what went wrong; time. They did not have enough time. You need even more time if you haven't been particularly careful on what you did before. This is what we call "technical debt". With every workaround, you incur a debt to your code base and in the long run, you repay. Often times, you repay more.

This is only the technical side. The game is also a direction disaster. Apparently, they did 180 as far as the direction goes during mid project. What a colossal failure...
    they picked the wrong game to try and release ahead of. If BF had been mint on launch halo would have been hurt. But releasing BF in such a trash state has prob killed about half its future population due to the fact basic halo multiplayer is so polished.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    So what do people think of the recent funny stuff, like the threats to close game's subreddit and that we gamers supposedly had too many expectations (it's our fault)?
    Its a combination of gamers getting pissed more and more of broken ass unfinished games releasing in bad states like this and said gamers taking it to fucking far like sending out death threats ect.

PPL still leaving the game they ask for refunds even now , so i think its gone dead , i dont think the season will safe this game .

All the issues aside, as someone who prefer breakthrough to get a sense of a frontline combat that moves back and forth, sundance and grappleboy to a lesser degree just kinda ruins it along with dropping in tanks anywhere, even if they fix all bugs and wonkyness whatever.

That's not why the sub was threatened with closure. It was threatened with closure because folks were being toxic as fuck and it was spreading elsewhere, including folks harassing the fuck outta Andy at EA (former Game Informer EiC) for what was an absolutely fine, neutral, fair social media post after coming back from the holidays.

They're on-point. There's oodles to be disappointed in, but harassing a communications guy that was not involved in the development for simply saying they're returning from vacation? That shit needs to get the fuck outta here.

I'm just waiting to see what their roadmap is moving forward, and if/how it impacts their S1 plans and shit.

Fuckin everyone thinks Halo guy is gonna save the franchise because they're looking for a hero but like...he's not. That's not his job or what he's supposed to do.

Ehh, death threats is step too far (and couple of steps before too), but... Toxic? Yeah, fuck them, we should be toxic if they don't get it. Is it too much to ask to release a non-broken, finished game in 2021(2) and not have someone lecture us about our expectations? Blizz did exactly the same in WC3:R failure, I vaguely remember at least couple other cases as well.
    And closure threats will only make people rage more, it's like basic 2+2

Toxic? Yeah, fuck them, we should be toxic if they don't get it.
    Yes, because harassing a communications guy who isn't involved in development proper is going to achieve...?
    And harassing developers who have no control over the direction of the game achieves...?
    And harassing the leads who do have control over the game achieves...?

Is it too much to ask to release a non-broken, finished game in 2021(2) and not have someone lecture us about our expectations?
    Sadly, reality says yes, it is. That's not me, that's reality, so take it up with reality. This is why, unless you don't care too much, you should always wait to buy games. Especially something like BF2042 where we had a few rough releases and from DICE previously, and an open beta that highlighted a lot of the launch problems early on.

Be an informed consumer and you won't fly into a rage when making a poor purchase.

Blizz did exactly the same in WC3:R failure, I vaguely remember at least couple other cases as well.
    And being shitty to Blizzard has sure fixed WC3:R...or it's still abandoned without any updates in well over a year.

And closure threats will only make people rage more, it's like basic 2+2
    Except that outside of some hate in the thread, it did seem to tone things down as folks didn't want to lose one of the primary places to complain about shit. Also, mods shouldn't have to put up with moderating all that shit. They do that job for free (like we do here), and if the mods controlling a board want to close it down because trying to police its users to keep them following the site and sub rules becomes far to burdensome, boards get shut down.

It's a fairly common tactic used by mods when communities get out of control on reddit.

Yes, because harassing a communications guy who isn't involved in development proper is going to achieve...?
    And harassing developers who have no control over the direction of the game achieves...?
    And harassing the leads who do have control over the game achieves...?
    There are degrees of toxic - I did mention about the few steps, didn't I? Because saying "DICE sucks, EA sucks/they can't make game for shit" is toxic too, at least for some people, but... it should be an acceptable level of toxic. Nor should we ever listen to some dumbass talking about expectations. Customer engagement 101, especially considering said customer is pissed.

As for the rest - you almost sound like we need to accept the current shit state of gaming development and just protest in forums. Doesn't work too, obviously, so what is left? People won't vote with their wallets, no matter how much that is repeated.

There are degrees of toxic - I did mention about the few steps, didn't I? Because saying "DICE sucks, EA sucks/they can't make game for shit" is toxic too, at least for some people, but... it should be an acceptable level of toxic. Nor should we ever listen to some dumbass talking about expectations. Customer engagement 101, especially considering said customer is pissed.
    Considering the closure threat was over staffers being harassed on their social media accounts, I guess. But the tone of the vitriol is pretty gross at times, "YOU RUINED THE SERIES AND YOU'RE ALL AWFUL WAAAAAHHHHHHH!" is like, totally useless.

People won't vote with their wallets, no matter how much that is repeated.
    Then nothing will change. If gamers won't change their purchasing habits and will continue to reward publishers for releasing buggy, unfinished games, they're gonna continue releasing buggy, unfinished games because it's ultimately profitable.

Then nothing will change. If gamers won't change their purchasing habits and will continue to reward publishers for releasing buggy, unfinished games, they're gonna continue releasing buggy, unfinished games because it's ultimately profitable.
    In short - we monkies. IIRC there was even some market observation somewhere that people in general (not just in games) do not vote with wallets, it's just a nice sounding slogan in the real world.

In short - we monkies. IIRC there was even some market observation somewhere that people in general (not just in games) do not vote with wallets, it's just a nice sounding slogan in the real world.
    How do you *not* vote with your wallet?
    Whenever you buy a game, you tell them "I want this".
    Whenever you don't buy a game, you tell them "I don't want this".

I think you mean something else.
    Do people buy "every game" and thus it has no meaning if you buy a game or something?
    Do they spend even more money afterwards on it, even if they don't enjoy the game?
    Last edited by Krayvasion; 2022-01-13 at 11:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Krayvasion View Post

Do people buy "every game" and thus it has no meaning if you buy a game or something?
    Do they spend even more money afterwards on it, even if they don't enjoy the game?
    Well buying a game is not the be all end all anymore, cash shops it were it's at now but in order for them to effectively milk a playerbase you have to manage to keep a significant community and a general level of positive attitude towards the game to do so. So even if BF2042 sold initially well it's not like the CEO is like "Good job guys, just keep doing the same!" Quite the opposite in fact as EA has been scrambling frantically to try and fix this with sweeping management changes.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account

As for the rest - you almost sound like we need to accept the current shit state of gaming development and just protest in forums. Doesn't work too, obviously, so what is left? People won't vote with their wallets, no matter how much that is repeated.
    And if they never vote with their wallets - the ONLY thing that really matters; then none of this changes.

You can rail on all the forums you want. (You as in gamers, not YOU specifically) Be as toxic as you want. Be as constructive on reddit or forums or twitch or twitter or whatever - and zippo of it makes any difference. If you don't vote with your wallet - then this WILL be the future of games, and worse.

They can "deserve" the negative feedback - sure. Deserve it all day. But if all people do is complain but keep buying? HA - complaints won't change a thing. All the 'bad press' in the world is irrelevant if people keep paying money. Just look at MADDEN and FIFA - tons of bad press - tons of millions of dollars making the same game for a decade. Bad press matter? Nope. Not even a little bit. "Laughing all the way to the bank..." Would be the saying for that.

And THAT IS as simple as 2+2.
    Last edited by Koriani; 2022-01-13 at 06:36 PM.
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Krayvasion View Post

It means the whole "don't buy their stuff" thing does not work. All the calls to boycot someone, don't spend cash in in-game shops, don't buy DLC's, etc, it doesn't work. Why? Because most people don't know, don't care, or any combination of both. Ever heard the term "vocal minority"? That is what Reddit, news posts and so on usually are.

IBecause most people don't know, don't care, or any combination of both.
    Or, don't have the self control. We've all seen the "Boycott CODMW2 until they have dedicated servers!" Steam group where almost every player online in the group was playing MW2 on launch day.

People talk a big game, but rarely deliver on it.

Or, don't have the self control. We've all seen the "Boycott CODMW2 until they have dedicated servers!" Steam group where almost every player online in the group was playing MW2 on launch day.

People talk a big game, but rarely deliver on it.
    Because we simply wanna play stuff/touch the new shiny thing. I don't necessarily think it's a bad thing, but it surely doesn't help.

I'll so though, so far these cosmetics are...kinda dogshit. A freakin cowboy skin?

Man, I'm just wondering when they add in all the nice tacticool cosmetic gear that folks actually want. I get it, a lot of this shit is in the hopper already and was planned, but man...this just feels so tonally off for the entirety of the BF franchise. The operator lines are already kinda bad and cringy as-is, don't make it worse by putting us in matches with cowboys and clowns and all kinds of other random shit. Keep that for Portal modes.

The two skins shown off so far (santa skin was at least confirmed for Portal only, and wasn't actually released), vs. the skins that folks actually fuckin want -_-
    Last edited by Edge-; 2022-01-14 at 03:29 AM.