Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    Spelling mistakes like "ala" instead of "aka" - yeah...try harder
    How is that a spelling mistake? "AKA" and "à la" aren't the same thing, and à la would work much better than AKA when comparing a new max level zone to Suramar.

Leak seasons begin and I'm yet to see anything truly out there

Fake leakers please push out the boat. Maybe the next expansion will be the Kobold Expansion pack.

Edit: Why the dick would tinker be in a dragon expansion. Every other class has been themed.
    Last edited by Wonderment2; 2022-01-13 at 06:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RiseOfTheAspects View Post
    - The Scarlet Crusade is significantly growing in power in the background, Turalyon plays a big part in this.

This is all I managed to get notes for - everything was happening quickly, and we were not warned that they were going to spill the beans. Believe it if you will, the reveal is just 2 months away.
    oof you had me until this one,scarlet crusade is cannonically wiped out except for maybe a few members so doubt that they are growing in power

Quote Originally Posted by Flevor View Post
    oof you had me until this one,scarlet crusade is cannonically wiped out except for maybe a few members so doubt that they are growing in power
    There was something about the Scarlett sending out leaflets?

So could have a swelling on new members.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderment2 View Post
    There was something about the Scarlett sending out leaflets?

So could have a swelling on new members.
    According to lore they added some books in BFA basically the left over members that are still alive became "conspiracy theorists" and are just rambling about weird things
    i'm pretty sure they aren't recruiting members again

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Also Zovaal isn't a giant robot or anything, he doesn't exactly have an off switch. The whole blueprints of Eternal Ones is being taken really weirdly
    They are pretty much all robots. The new raid has "prototype" versions of all the Eternals, and this leak fits the recent datamined models. Here's a "deactivated" Zovaal.

https://media.mmo-champion.com/image...lprototype.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    The biggest giveaway that this is fake is the suggestions Shadowlands will go into the Chromie Time levelling pool. That's a rookie error. BfA isn't even there yet. The last expansion will stay as it is for new players as their first levelling experience, and BfA will go into the Chromie pool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akhlys View Post
    Once upon a time, boats were full of leaks. Now, our leaks are full of boats.

Oh my God, no Tinker class?.

Quote Originally Posted by gleepot View Post
    Some parts of the "leak" that are correct -- 10.0 is dragon isles, the cap is 70, and tyrande has to make a hard choice regarding sylvanas, but not with what is described here. Her choice involves a new world tree. Cross-faction play is planned. Other things they mention are completely wrong.

- there is no tinker class, and there is not one being planned for any expansions being worked on
    - there is no old-world revamp
    - there is a new class, and it's dragon-related (last i heard was two DPS specs and a healer, no tank)
    - there is a new race, and again it is dragon-related
    - the expansion also has to do with tyr, tirisfal, and ulduar
    - player housing is coming, but not until 11.0 or later
    - ive been informed that while 10.0 is going to be really cool, 11.0 will "make me crap my pants" as far as the concept goes

edit: forgot this tidbit
    - new heirloom gear sets for remaining races are being worked on
    - humans look very stormwindy (surprise)
    - night elves look similar to the OG cinematic night elf armor
    - draenei look like their rugged BC concept art
    Saving this, since in the past we've seen little nods like this turn out more true than the "leaks" in which they're saved.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    "N'Zoth did not die." Very unlikely.

"Partial Old World Revamp." Definitely fake. It's all or nothing. They won't have a patchwork revamp unless it's phased for level cap only.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tinker....

Quote Originally Posted by RaidenTheLion View Post
    What about that robot form on the 9.2 PTR? Looks to me like Zovaal is a giant robot that just might have an off swotch somewhere. Same as Denathrius and co.
    The forms are their prototypes, not their actual current state.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    They are pretty much all robots. The new raid has "prototype" versions of all the Eternals, and this leak fits the recent datamined models. Here's a "deactivated" Zovaal.

https://media.mmo-champion.com/image...lprototype.jpg
    Those are separate from them though. It's like finding blueprints of life forms for Azeroth and thinking they could be turned off though.

Which I mean, they kinda can be, through death.

Quote Originally Posted by RiseOfTheAspects View Post
    A disgruntled senior level designer at Blizzard who recently resigned, and is in my guild, mentioned this during one of our raid nights last week, to myself and 2 other officers. Their identity is known to us, so we know from their Linkedin that they until recently worked on World of Warcraft.

The expansion will be unveiled in the first half of March on a YouTube Livestream. Patch 9.2 is set to release at the end of February. 9.2 has multiple cinematics. The final one will be available in week 2 with The Jailer. The expansion is revealed 2 days later, the following Thursday.

Expansion name: Rise of the Aspects

New continent: The Dragon Isles
    - 5 zones thematic to the different aspects. Main story in each zone are their return to power.
    - One zone is fully dedicated to end-game content, ala Suramar. This is the zone thematic to the Black Dragonflight. Wrathion is a central character here. This is also the location of Deathwing’s Corruption which the story will dive into. The first raid is located in this zone, a massive Old God Temple, ala Stormsong Valley, but larger. N'Zoth did not die and is in "the background".

New PvE System: Lairs - procedurally generated cavern lairs that will feature a variety of different bosses to fight. There are powers similar to Torghast. It was explained as a “boss-rush mode”. There are very few packs of normal mobs. The core gameplay is heavily focused on boss fights. The system has a Challenge Mode style for cosmetics rewards - think Mage Tower, but several bosses and unique powers.

New Class: Tinkerer, Mail class, 2 specs, Ranged DPS with Turrets and other gimmicks. Mechasuit for Tanking.

Keypoints:
    • Level cap increased to 70.
    • All Timewalking zones becomes 1-60. Shadowlands is added to Chromie.
    • Partial Old-World Revamp. Notable zones that are overhauled include Tanaris and Twillight Highlands. These will have content related to max level and players will visit them briefly during questing. The Infinite Dragonflight has a major presence in Tanaris. Gadgetzan is updated, it is larger quest hub, but not as portrayed in Hearthstone. The Cultists are once again a major player in Twillight Highlands.
    • Other zones such as Elwynn Forest, Durotar, Westfall, Duskwood remains the same but with improved graphics. Many of the old buildings have been updated to modern graphics. This includes Stormwind and Orgrimmar.
    • Cross-faction end-game gameplay. Raiding, Dungeons, PvP, and other end-game content can be done in groups of both factions. Cannot be cross-faction grouped in Warmode. Opposing faction cities are still hostile.
    • Major professions overhaul - large focus, multiple new developers recruited specifically for this.

Conclusion of Shadowlands (9.2.5 and Pre-Patch):
    - Using the Forge of the First Ones, the Jailer successfully drains Azeroth, severely injuring the planet. The wounds that were sealed have reemerged and Azeroth is on the brink of dying - again.
    - After Zovaal the Jailer has been defeated, The First Ones (3) appear in the cinematic, resetting Zovaal to his original, deactivated form. He is not dead, and will return in the future.
    - There will be an epilogue in the form of 9.2.5 featuring a short questline centered around Tyrande “forgiving” Sylvanas, and Sylvanas looking for Nathanos. The patch will also include minor quality of life additions and Timewalking for BFA dungeons (incl. M+), and the Battle for D’azalor raid.
    - Anduin is “saved”, but will not be himself. As the heroes of Azeroth return, the Stormwind Nobles are skeptical of their King, instead giving their loyalty to Turalyon. Anduin will feel defeated and depressed about everything he did during his domination and will not fight it. Genn Greymane and Matthias Shaw is acting on Anduin’s behalf to restore him to the throne. Tension in the Alliance is growing.
    - The Scarlet Crusade is significantly growing in power in the background, Turalyon plays a big part in this.

This is all I managed to get notes for - everything was happening quickly, and we were not warned that they were going to spill the beans. Believe it if you will, the reveal is just 2 months away.

As soon as you said Tinker, you could tell it's fake. Never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, EVER, going to happen. Stop asking for it. It isn't a thing. They aren't going to make a class, specific to the races that is the lowest played, BY FAR, in the entire game. Without any substantial lore, or need for them. A Tinker, is going to be more powerful/useful than Jaina, or Arthas, or someone who just killed Zovaal.... Get real.

Not only that, the class design overall just sounds awful..... I've never seen anyone like the idea out of a few nerds on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Flevor View Post
    According to lore they added some books in BFA basically the left over members that are still alive became "conspiracy theorists" and are just rambling about weird things
    i'm pretty sure they aren't recruiting members again
    Maybe not. But I can see them using it in the future.

Like Lightbound come through the Dark Portal. Turalyon joins them and the Scarlet Brotherhood aid in radicalising civilians to the Light.

10+ Year Old Account
    revamp
    ahahah. dropped.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    As soon as you said Tinker, you could tell it's fake. Never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, EVER, going to happen. Stop asking for it. It isn't a thing. They aren't going to make a class, specific to the races that is the lowest played, BY FAR, in the entire game. Without any substantial lore, or need for them. A Tinker, is going to be more powerful/useful than Jaina, or Arthas, or someone who just killed Zovaal.... Get real.

Not only that, the class design overall just sounds awful..... I've never seen anyone like the idea out of a few nerds on this forum.
    Uh it's a hero from the RTS, and every hero from that RTS sans the two tech-based heroes have been used in the class lineup. In fact, every class in WoW is tied to an RTS hero from WC3, so it stands to reason that there will be a tech-based class (there's one in every major MMO and that theme is massive in WoW), and that tech class will be based on the Tinker concept.

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post

They can add Tinkers whenever they want, if they want and there's nothing you can do about it

10+ Year Old Account
    The legitimacy of these last 2 leaks lie in the fact these proposals would just be a continuation of what WoW has been for a long time now.

Do you even know what "ala" means? (Taken from french a lá)

Post seems plausible to me tbh. Especially that new pve mod. Which was leaked even before SL. It implies they are working on something similar to that. In my eyes at least.

"A la" is valid actually. Should have a space, but not incorrect english. Means "In the style of". More correct in that context than AKA. Also the "leak" is framed as his write-up of a report from a friend, so typos are not automatically invalidating. You don't need to be able to spell to be told what an expansion will be about. I don't think this is real, but missing a space is not the reason for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.