Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account

New mount, Year of the Tiger 2022 (6monthSub)

I guess it's that time of the year, last year it was the ox, lucky yun, it seems blizzard removed the video..I can't find it anywhere.

year before it was squeakers, the trickster that came out on Jan 16

n before that it was hogrus, swine of good fortune! that came out on Jan 30

it seems years have not only animals but elements as well, so 2022 is the year of the water tiger? I could be wrong..

so, will we see an orange tiger similar to the zg tiger? maybe one that outshines that one, since zg mount is quite old..

The yearly mounts seem to have lots of color red, so it might be red n black? Not sure...

maybe red n gold

maybe firelands themed since those wings would be pretty cool..

Maybe they should stop after this one with the yearly mounts? I mean...2023 is the year of the rabbit n that would just be silly...

EDIT, HERE IT IS
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2022-01-25 at 08:20 PM.

I think the "cat" mount was perfect to bait simps into simping/gifting the mount.
    I know this because i simped it to someone. roflmao

Tiger mount? sure why not but the cat mount was pure genius from Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only thing i dislike on this concept is that they punish those who dont use 6month sub to play. Token users or those who just use gamecards are basically getting nothing.
    I've been subbed to WoW for almost 10 years non stop and got nothing in return for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Only thing i dislike on this concept is that they punish those who dont use 6month sub to play. Token users or those who just use gamecards are basically getting nothing.
    I've been subbed to WoW for almost 10 years non stop and got nothing in return for it.
    Can't they be bought from ingame gold?

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Can't they be bought from ingame gold?
    Tokens can be converted to $15 or so Blizzard Balance and then use in the store, yes.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eosia View Post
    Tokens can be converted to $15 or so Blizzard Balance and then use in the store, yes.
    Then it shouldn't be so hard to get, I guess...

Maybe it will be made up of water

kinda like the bfa water elemental mount

Considering Year of the tiger is my Zodiac sign ill be getting it regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Romanthony View Post
    mine is rooster

I require el pollo grande!

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    mine is rooster

I require el pollo grande!
    gemini, so dunno what that would be, 2 humans tied together for my gnome? Yes plz

gemini, so dunno what that would be, 2 humans tied together for my gnome? Yes plz
    Wrong zodiac, that's the western zodiac (Gemini, Cancer, Virgo, Leo, etc).

Anyway, yes this year is a water tiger for the chinese zodiac, but Blizzard hasn't always gone with the element. They did last year (metal ox) and three years ago (earth pig), but didn't for 2020 (metal rat, we did get a rat with Squeakers but was not metal based). So they may just do tiger.

Chinese Zodiac is different to the One we use https://www.travelchinaguide.com/int...ustoms/zodiac/ It usually goes in years.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    Wrong zodiac, that's the western zodiac (Gemini, Cancer, Virgo, Leo, etc).

Anyway, yes this year is a water tiger for the chinese zodiac, but Blizzard hasn't always gone with the element. They did last year (metal ox) and three years ago (earth pig), but didn't for 2020 (metal rat, we did get a rat with Squeakers but was not metal based). So they may just do tiger.
    I think 2022 is the year of the Water Tiger if i remember the ordering right

waiting for my snake mount still a few years away tho

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PingPong View Post
    waiting for my snake mount still a few years away tho
    hope wow lasts that long
    better be a proper snake not some noodle dragon

That looks too good .. it has to be something dumb and childlish ... something like this

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    If you want the mounts you'll have to pay for a 6month sub once with real money, so that your account page shows "Subscription Status Active, Subscription Type 6-Months Recurring". Then never cancel it but postpone the renewal date with token/gamecards. As long as the account is "active recurring 6 months" at the time of the promotion it doesn't matter how you pay for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Year of the Monkey for me, flying monke when?!
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

I think 2022 is the year of the Water Tiger if i remember the ordering right
    Yup, said that, but pointed out they don't always do the element (as Squeakers was not metal, despite that year being the Metal Rat).

So they may do some sort of water-based tiger or just a tiger.

Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    Year of the Monkey for me, flying monke when?!
    Unfortunately, you'll be waiting a long while.

In order, starting from the one this year, it is:

Tiger (2022), Rabbit (2023), Dragon (2024), Snake (2025), Horse (2026), Goat (2027), Monkey (2028), Rooster (2029) and then on to ones we've had (Dog, Pig, Rat, Ox).

And if anyone's curious, the upcoming year elements are Water (Rabbit 2023), Wood (Dragon 2024), Wood (Snake 2025), Fire (Horse 2026), Fire (Goat 2027), Earth (Monkey 2028), and Earth (Rooster, 2029)

(element basically changes every two years as you can see)
    Last edited by Kiivar86; 2022-01-14 at 02:45 PM.

Maybe they should stop after this one with the yearly mounts? I mean...2023 is the year of the rabbit n that would just be silly...
    Sillier than a rat, that's already in the game? Nah, this is guaranteed money, also, WoW is mostly a collection game these days, you really think they would deny the collectors to finish the whole 12 mount cycle of the zodiac?

I want to say it might look just like Monk order's mount, but the Rat Year mount was actually pretty different from the rat mount already ingame since Legion.

Perhaps it will be related to Xuen.

Well grats on turning 12 or 24 or 36 or... this year
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.