Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Soimu View Post
    I hope it's real because tinkerer is the only class that will make me play wow again and not demon hunters, shadow hunters and other lame overused classes.
    Opposite for me , adding a class like that would single handedly be one of the dumbest decisions blizzard could do right now , garbage idea for a class in wow and easily a dumb decision for a class or race right now when wow is absolutely garbage , WoW needs freaking more cloth , magic users etc , game has way to many stupid melee , plate , mail crap races / classs in the game. Either way overall if this was true it sounds like they didn’t learn a thing typical expansion , pass for me even if it’s true.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    He wasn't talking about the Dragon's Isle theme, he was talking in general.

That said, there IS lore connecting Goblins and Goblin science to dragons. Particularly the Black Dragonflight, which Wrathion is trying to restart via the Dragon Isles.
    Still doesn't make one bit of sense.
    Just like introducing them in Shadowlands "because they create technology that gets us there".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valcrist09 View Post
    Opposite for me , adding a class like that would single handedly be one of the dumbest decisions blizzard could do right now , garbage idea for a class in wow and easily a dumb decision for a class or race right now when wow is absolutely garbage , WoW needs freaking more cloth , magic users etc , game has way to many stupid melee , plate , mail crap races / classs in the game. Either way overall if this was true it sounds like they didn’t learn a thing typical expansion , pass for me even if it’s true.
    WoW has 3 cloth-based caster classes and multiple caster-based specs. We have 1 class that can effectively use physical ranged weapons, and 2 classes that wear mail armor. Anytime a gun, crossbow, or bow drops, only one out of 12 classes can use it.

The smart move would be to add a new physical ranged class that can wear mail and compete with Hunters for ranged weapons. We have more than enough casters and cloth wearers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Still doesn't make one bit of sense.
    Just like introducing them in Shadowlands "because they create technology that gets us there".
    It makes perfect sense if Blizzard deems it that way. They control what's in the game. It doesn't need to make a lick of sense to the players.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Which one of my posts do you think is ironic?
    Omg. You just fucking Wrekt him
    Last edited by munkeyinorbit; 2022-01-14 at 11:30 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Fake or not I love these leaks, LOL.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    Spelling mistakes like "ala" instead of "aka" - yeah...try harder
    "à la" is basically French version of A.K.A. and is not abbreviation. For the same purposes Americans say "A.K.A." we say it in Russian ("а ля") as well.

Supposed leaker is from former Versailles office?

As for the "leak" itself. Who knows if its true, but mentioning of the Scarlet Crusade is the only thing caught my attention.
    Quote Originally Posted by Secret81
    I´ve heard, there will be Epic loot as normal quest rewards in Cata while you level.
    To make the quest feel more epic.

Quote Originally Posted by Soimu View Post
    I hope it's real because tinkerer is the only class that will make me play wow again and not demon hunters, shadow hunters and other lame overused classes.
    In an expansion that has nothing to do with it? this is the proof that it is false.
    It's like ants who always said that the DH came out in the next expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by geco View Post
    In an expansion that has nothing to do with it? this is the proof that it is false.
    There is a lore connection between Goblin Tinkers and Black Dragons. So it wouldn't be impossible to link the concepts together.

Too 'could be true' to be true.
    Also no way they add timewalking BFA including a raid, when we don't even have a TW MoP raid yet.

What the fuck is a Tinkerer?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassafrass View Post
    It's a Horde symbol but the middle part can also be called the "Eye" of the zone (AZSHARA), it's a play on words
    No, it is happening. The zone changed, it belongs to the Goblins now and is their home. Hearthstone is having a mechanical themed expansion soon, November's cardback is Goblin influenced and revealed concept art shows Goblin machinery. It's a HS expansion, sorry.

It makes perfect sense if Blizzard deems it that way. They control what's in the game. It doesn't need to make a lick of sense to the players.
    Oh yea?
    So, how can you dismiss everyone else with this kind of bullshit?

10+ Year Old Account
    Tinkerer
    It's a Tinker. This is like calling Tailors Tailorers.

OT: As fake as the rest of them, but ngl I always love reading these fake leaks leading up to the new expansion.
    "We don't care what people say, we know the truth. Enough is enough with this horse s***. I am not a freak, I was born with my free gun. Don't tell me I'm less than my freedom."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Oh yea?
    So, how can you dismiss everyone else with this kind of bullshit?
    What do you mean "everyone else"?

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    Is this real? Because I hear about it all the time that there will be Dragons next expansion, but it seems like someone's deep desire rather than reality because nothing seems like it. I haven't seen a single dragon since BFA.
    Ages ago with the death of Chromie think I swearr Blizzard hinted dragons would come back in a big ways

10+ Year Old Account
    The only reason I think it's fake is that if they choose to stick with the jailer after all this backlash and the azeroth is dying plot, they are literally the worst narrative team that I have ever seen.

That being said, everything else seems likely, and most of it seems actually pretty cool.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Quote Originally Posted by GrinnersGrin View Post
    What the fuck is a Tinkerer?
    It is an actual word, I don't know why people are acting like it isn't. Yeah Tinker itself works too and fits better than Tinkerer, but Tinkerer can still work.

What do you mean "everyone else"?

Self awareness is not your strong side, is it?

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Tinker-hatred is partially specific to MMO-C since users-not-to-be-named have been regularly creating threads about it for years. At this point it's more annoying than advocacy. You can learn to despise a lot of otherwise harmless speculation when you've seen half-a-dozen relentless years of it.
    I mean, even with best intentions this sounds at best like self-inflicted issue. There are vastly more concerning matters laying underneath if someone compulsively has to partake into these discussions over and over again and through that create this sort of antagonization of the matter. There is simple fix. Say your piece and move on. If you see future threads on it, you don't have to partake. If seeing a thread title causes OCD reaction, seek help. This sort of build up of bent anger over something so relatively insignificant seems absurd at best.

As well, many rightly fear what a tinker class would do to the engineering profession.
    With the sort of faith I have in WoW dev team, they'll manage to neuter everything just fine at this stage, new class or not. Of course it's a valid concern but there can be clear distinctions between the two, the profession can keep offering out of the box elements, convenience, fun things and more like mount crafting etc. while the class itself is about implementation of combat. One does not have to close out another. But as I mentioned, I doubt current team could pull anything off to begin with.

I don't really have a dog in the fight other than I think there are already too many classes and the game doesn't need more.
    Hard disagree here. If anything the game has far, far too few classes. Class is more than just the mechanics. It's also about a theme. I'd even prefer a case where there are many similiar classes but what carries them is the theme. Adding more of same is sort of silly argument because nearly every class is already identical to begin with these days. 90% of my keybinds across all classes are same, the variance typically comes from timing of RNG element.

But I'm one of those radicals that believe that Blizzard is being mindfully stupid in not making professions a really interesting, complex, useful, and substantial time sink. It's one of the problems of an old MMO that keeps adding stuff when some things cannot be called back.
    Yes. I'd want professions to take forefront on matters. Hell, I'd be so radical I'd remove loot alltogether outside of say, extreme rarities that could be classified as legendaries and bosses only drop reagants for crafters to make the gear while turning near most of it into BoEs.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

No tuskarr? Why bother. I just wanna be a fat fisherman drunken brewmaster monk.

Quote Originally Posted by geco View Post
    Really? You look for logic in wow? Nothing makes sense anymore in this game's lore so anything can happen.

- - - Updated - - -