Page 17 of 54 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The street gang and the cheesy chase scene... urgh. :|

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    When your ass learns to drive....

Like a BANTHA, yes?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    My two cents on the Swoop Gang - I don't mind them, but they're more plot-convenient than badass.

Boba's just starting his crime family, so I get the whole beggars can't be choosers thing. But realistically, I think the swoop gang would've been absolutely decimated by Black Krrsanten.

The swoop gang is replaceable. Boba could have a bunch of Jawas or R2 Droids instead, and they'd be given the same 'look how useful we are' moment with helping Boba take down Black Krrsanten and the outcome would be no different. It's pretty much all happening for sake of the plot. Boba needs minions, that's the gist of it.
    The gang didn't get their ass handed to them? They all had to go after him at once and still he was only defeated by the floor trap. It's not like they knocked him out.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    The gang didn't get their ass handed to them? They all had to go after him at once and still he was only defeated by the floor trap. It's not like they knocked him out.
    Not to mention that battles involving 1-vs-multiples are severely overexaggerated in fiction. In reality, you could be the best fighter on the planet but if 5 even just slightly competent people gang up on you, you're DONE. Those fights tend to only really work in movies because people are very careful to only attack one after the other and not all at once.

I seem to recall there being an interview with a master swordsman from Japan about this, and his strategy advice for facing multiple opponents was... run away.

I think he would've decimated them. Of course, that's not gonna happen since that's not the point of introducing the swoop gang into the plot. They're there to show themselves being useful with their different skills, not to be cannon fodder. That ended up happening to the Gamorreans instead.

The way I see it, engaging with Black Krrsanten would have ended with least one of em with an electric fist to the face. He woulda charged at em and smacked em around. Instead, what happens in the show is he stood there, kinda tossed around the ones who were already attacking him, and only went on the attack when the Gamorreans entered. It was an odd fight that seemed like he was trying to escape, but instead he stuck around to jobber the Gamorreans, which I kinda wondered why he decided to stick around at all.

The swoop gang had plot armor surrounding em preventing Black Krssanten from engaging. He can attack Boba, he can attack the Gamorreans, but for the Swoop gang he merely reacted in self defense rather than really go on the attack.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    I was thinking about Omega, in a way it makes more sense that she appears in the Mandalorian instead of Bobf, since Din Djarin's dealing with the Kamino-empire cloner dudes... will they appear again in the Mandolorian, or maybe some other show? Maybe with Grogu out of reach, they'll go back to try to snatch Omega and/or Boba? Prob not Boba, since he's not enhanced like Omega, still dunno whether she's force sensitive.. Don't know if Boba would even cares or knows about her, since he has had millions of siblings..most of them dead. Jango n Boba saw them as cannon fodder n seemed oblivious..

I wonder if the surviving kaminoan scientist Nala Se is still alive.
    Don't think they will do Omega just because the way they've been telling the stories and there being a Bad Batch season 2. But if they were it would be no less a full callback with Omega, Fennec, Cad Bane, and Fett all in one area. Cad Bane would have to ancient at this point I'm thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Not to mention that battles involving 1-vs-multiples are severely overexaggerated in fiction. In reality, you could be the best fighter on the planet but if 5 even just slightly competent people gang up on you, you're DONE. Those fights tend to only really work in movies because people are very careful to only attack one after the other and not all at once.

I seem to recall there being an interview with a master swordsman from Japan about this, and his strategy advice for facing multiple opponents was... run away.
    Which was a bit confusing to me when he stuck around to fight the Gamorreans when he opened up an opportunity to escape.

But yeah, plot reasons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    I think he would've decimated them. Of course, that's not gonna happen since that's not the point of introducing the swoop gang into the plot. They're there to show themselves being useful with their different skills, not to be cannon fodder. That ended up happening to the Gamorreans instead.

The way I see it, engaging with Black Krrsanten would have ended with least one of em with an electric fist to the face. He woulda charged at em and smacked em around. Instead, what happens in the show is he stood there, kinda tossed around the ones who were already attacking him, and only went on the attack when the Gamorreans entered. It was an odd fight that seemed like he was trying to escape, but instead he stuck around to jobber the Gamorreans, which I kinda wondered why he decided to stick around at all.

The swoop gang had plot armor surrounding em preventing Black Krssanten from engaging. He can attack Boba, he can attack the Gamorreans, but for the Swoop gang he merely reacted in self defense rather than really go on the attack.
    I can see what you are saying. This show already has far less plot armor than Mando. So far. They might turn it up later...hopefully not because it got annoying in Mando season 2.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post

Reminds of those videos of how to fight a knife wielding opponent where they do a count down to what they are going to show, and then they run away.

Movies screw with people perceptions of what fights are (among other things.)
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2022-01-15 at 01:15 AM.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

5+ Year Old Account
    Don't think they will do Omega just because the way they've been telling the stories and there being a Bad Batch season 2. But if they were it would be no less a full callback with Omega, Fennec, Cad Bane, and Fett all in one area. Cad Bane would have to ancient at this point I'm thinking.
    Bane could transfer his consciousness into his lil robot, todo! then he could terrorize the galaxy until the end of days!

But seriously, not even a flashback? we are just talking about the greatest bounty hunter ever here...

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    The low speed is due to the environment. They can’t go faster unless they all want to crash into shit and die. Speeders don’t exactly turn on a dime.
    Sure, but even a low-speed car chase scene should still feel exciting. There should be some stakes to it. That chase was like watching paint dry.

As a comparison:

Also not a super fast car chase... and yet, it feels a lot more exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    This must be your first time seeing him in a thread. I swear I only ever see him post when its to complain about something being "woke" or other such typical nonsense.
    Time to pop him on ignore. Conversations with him are just pointless.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    Time to pop him on ignore. Conversations with him are just pointless.
    You stubborn guys are going to put some stubborn guy on ignore for being stubborn?...uh, okay.. I only put trolls on ignore..not for people refusing to bend to me opinions..I think he has somewhat of a point, not sure if woke is the right word, but holy crap it upsets you guys..

You stubborn guys are going to put some stubborn guy on ignore for being stubborn?...uh, okay.. I only put trolls on ignore..not for people refusing to bend to me opinions..I think he has somewhat of a point, not sure if woke is the right word, but holy crap it upsets you guys..
    You’re on ignore too btw.

7+ Year Old Account
    There is a difference between wanting someone to bend to your opinion and pointing out where someone's opinion is flawed.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post

Hence, the Book of Boba Fett. It's not the show's fault that people have preconceived notions of what it should and shouldn't be.
    Oh i agree it is not this shows fault people have preconceived notions about what Boba Fett should be like but it is certainly The Mandalorian's fault. Boba was a bad motherfucker in that. In his own show he is a chump. Even some random water trader basically calls him a pussy to his face and tells him no one respects him. If he wants to be a crime lord he is going to have to get his knuckles a little bloody.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    Oh i agree it is not this shows fault people have preconceived notions about what Boba Fett should be like but it is certainly The Mandalorian's fault. Boba was a bad motherfucker in that. In his own show he is a chump. Even some random water trader basically calls him a pussy to his face and tells him no one respects him. If he wants to be a crime lord he is going to have to get his knuckles a little bloody.
    Did they? In the Mandalorian, he saved Fennec. Rather than kill the man who had his armor, and then he let Din take it. He had chosen to talk it out with Din, rather than kill him. Yes, he threaten Grogu, but once Din agreed to talk, they talked and he called off Fennec. After the fight, he agreed to help Din get Grogu back.

The people saying he is acting contrary to what he did in The Mandalorian don't appear to have watched the Mandalorian.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    Isn't that sort of the point of the story so far, though?

I had the same impression - that Boba was basically expecting to take over Jabba's empire and everyone to just bow and respect him; but instead they're just like okay well who are YOU actually and why should we give a shit. And now Boba has to sort of come to terms with the fact that you need to EARN respect if you want it, and that's much harder than just being ruthless and having people fear you because you kill them on a whim.

Guess we'll have to see where/how this is going from here. Personally I get the premise and I'm on board, now it's just a matter of how they execute it. No question that ep3 had some elements that were a bit of a letdown, but for me at least it's too early to call the overall direction we'll be heading after this somewhat protracted intro.

The point of the story is that he is not just going to be some brash moron. He literally says it. 'Jabba ruled with fear, I intend to rule with respect'.

How Boba is behaving is the least of my issues with the show. The prime issue I've got is pacing. Where the Mandalorian could kinda get away with it by throwing Baby Yoda in your face at the end of Chapter 1, I'm not really sure what the hook is in this show. Shit needs to get going.

We're almost half way through it, and his beef is going to be with the Pyke Syndicate? Okay then. It needs to be an amazing beef.

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post

The people saying he is acting contrary to what he did in The Mandalorian don't appear to have watched the Mandalorian.
    In the Mando when confronted with a threat like 40 Stromtroopers he ruthlessly put them down. Wiped them out and blew up the fleeing ships. In the Book he is apologising to the wookie assassin that just tried to murder him just before letting him go. Telling Fennec Oh calm down while she is making a threat. He is running to the kolto tank after every fight. Nearly ever one he meets is playing him for a fool and/or sending people to kill him. Thur far he has done hee haw about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    How he dealt with Mandalorians and how he’s dealing with being Daiymo are very different. As we’re seeing. He is trying to change the worst parts of Tatooine for the better, you don’t do that by being just another ruthless asshole.
    Yeah i guess Boba Fett the social worker just ain't what i was expecting. I was thinking since he seems to be wanting to be a crime lord it would be more Peaky Blinders/Sopranos. Well as much as you would get on Disney. It just went in another direction i guess. I am personally finding it pretty meh.