Thread: 10.0 Leak

Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    No leak will ever be 100% accurate because shit gets changed in development all the time.
    I meant in the sense that they guessed SOME things right, not MOST. The kind that looks more like they were actually just guessing instead of having actual insider information. For example, the """"""""""leak"""""""""" gives 10 things that would happen in the expansion, and only 1 or 2, maybe 3 of that list come to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyux View Post
    Love the expansion concept, 100%.

My question though to everyone else is what actually are the hints for the Dragon Isles? We have the dragons in Island Expeditions in BfA, the one line in the quest text when you turn Azerite in to Wrathion in BfA, and the dragon bundle on the shop. Am I missing other recent hints?
    Druids are getting a dragon form in 9.2 that's faster than their current Travel Form but comes with a cast time.
    “You have died of dysentery” – Oregon Trail

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    I meant in the sense that they guessed SOME things right, not MOST. The kind that looks more like they were actually just guessing instead of having actual insider information. For example, the """"""""""leak"""""""""" gives 10 things that would happen in the expansion, and only 1 or 2, maybe 3 of that list come to happen.
    Not quite sure what you mean then, since you originally said you've never seen a leak, then somehow admit that there's 'actual insider information' leaks? So are you just talking about leaks you have seen not being real?

The SoL WoD one was pretty accurate, yet even can be criticized for not being 100% since stuff like Shattrath raid and Ogre continent to the south ended up being cut. I forget if either were announced in the original WoD Blizzcon announcement even. Either way, that one is a pure leak since it did come from an insider source, and was leaked out before the actual announcements.

I mean we all know this is a wishlist not a real leak lmao

The fun in here is as in gambling and sheer guessing, and of course, self deluding.

Playable dragons that can shapeshift into every race? That's just cool and I wish it to be true, so manifesting.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    The point he's making is that if they were willing to egregiously breach their contract's NDA agreements then it makes absolutely no sense to give some precise information while being vague with other information. Why be vague when you have already put your career in jeopardy? It makes absolutely no sense and it's a good indicator that the "leaker" is lying.
    You also need to learn to read. What I specifically pointed out is that the situation here is that the leaker claims that they didn't bother asking for names in the first place, not that the source themselves didn't know or drew the line at names. The point he (Teriz) originally made was "how come the dev doesn't know the name!?!?!?", which was absolutely absurd, and then his goalpost moving point was "Why was the source willing to give up vague details but not the name!?!?!" which again, was not what was implied by the leaker, at all.

Both of you also need to realize how different names are from vague concepts.

"9.0 is gonna have roguelike systems" or "Kael and Vashj will be in the shadowlands" are things that can be chalked up to good guesses, getting lucky, or vague rumor whispering that probably isn't worth getting legal involved.
    "The main city is Oribos" immediately tells you there's and objective NDA breach that needs to be investigated and resolved immediately.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    You also need to learn to read. What I specifically pointed out is that the situation here is that the leaker claims that they didn't bother asking for names in the first place, not that the source themselves didn't know or drew the line at names. The point he (Teriz) originally made was "how come the dev doesn't know the name!?!?!?", which was absolutely absurd, and then his goalpost moving point was "Why was the source willing to give up vague details but not the name!?!?!" which again, was not what was implied by the leaker, at all.

Both of you also need to realize how different names are from vague concepts.

"9.0 is gonna have roguelike systems" or "Kael and Vashj will be in the shadowlands" are things that can be chalked up to good guesses, getting lucky, or vague rumor whispering that probably isn't worth getting legal involved.
    "The main city is Oribos" immediately tells you there's and objective NDA breach that needs to be investigated and resolved immediately.
    If you work for Blizzard and say that the next expansion is going to be about dragons, you've already broken the NDA. If you work for Blizzard and tell someone that the expansion announcement is in Spring and the release date is slated for fall, you've broken the NDA. If you work for Blizzard and tell someone that the next expansion will feature cross-faction play and that the next class will be dragon-based and have 2 DPS and a healing spec, you've broken the NDA.

Saying that the names of the next race and class doesn't matter at that point. You've already given specifics and broken the NDA. Further, if this "source" is already spilling this amount of information, it's utterly ridiculous to believe that they won't say what the next race and class are called. Can we just take a moment here and think about this scenario?

You're talking to a dev and they're literally dumping info on you about the next expansion, you get to the next race and class, they tell you that they're both dragon based, that the class is DPS/Heal, but then they suddenly don't tell you what this class or race is called. You seemingly don't care about this crucial detail, and since you care about your source, you don't want to pry any further. Not even a "Oh man, that new race and class sound cool! What are they called?" Nah, after this person pretty much puts their entire job on the line by breaking the NDA several times over, for some reason, the names of the next race and class is a bridge too far.

No! Instead you ask this person what's the status of Dark Rangers and Tinkers..... From which they continue to give you NDA-breaking information. To top ALL of this off, this guy who is so concerned about his source puts what the source told him on a public forum instead of just keeping it to himself. C'mon!
    Last edited by Teriz; 2022-01-15 at 04:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Not quite sure what you mean then, since you originally said you've never seen a leak, then somehow admit that there's 'actual insider information' leaks? So are you just talking about leaks you have seen not being real?
    I literally just said that none of the "leaks" I've seen have been shown to be even close to "insider information", and at best happen to guess a small number of things right by pure luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    No, its because the starting experience for worgens is time locked to before mop.
    The Draenei starting zone is 'time locked' to before MoP. The Pandaren trainer even explicitly says he saw the Exodar crash and hurried over.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    No, its because the worgen (and goblin) starting zone is tied to a specific chain of events, in a very specific point in time, in a specific location that is entirely isolated from the rest of the world, set in the pre-pandaria era.
    So, like the Draenei starting area?

Honestly, if they can have a human 'harvest witch' there teaching druidism, there's no reason why there couldn't be a token human monk trainer there too.

The reason is entirely because worgen can't control themselves from getting aggressive during combat and worgening out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    I literally just said that none of the "leaks" I've seen have been shown to be even close to "insider information", and at best happen to guess a small number of things right by pure luck.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...or-Leak-Inside

So now you've seen one that isn't just a random guess. An actual leak from before WoD was announced.

This was leaked by insider information. You can see, there's still information wrong, very likely because of in-development changes, or 'telephone' inaccuracies/assumptions being made.

Posted 4 days before actual announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If you work for Blizzard and say that the next expansion is going to be about dragons, you've already broken the NDA. If you work for Blizzard and tell someone that the expansion announcement is in Spring and the release date is slated for fall, you've broken the NDA. If you work for Blizzard and tell someone that the next expansion will feature cross-faction play and that the next class will be dragon-based and have 2 DPS and a healing spec, you've broken the NDA.

Saying that the names of the next race and class doesn't matter at that point. You've already given specifics and broken the NDA. Further, if this "source" is already spilling this amount of information, it's utterly ridiculous to believe that they won't say what the next race and class are called. Can we just take a moment here and think about this scenario?

You're talking to a dev and they're literally dumping info on you about the next expansion, you get to the next race and class, they tell you that they're both dragon based, that the class is DPS/Heal, but then they suddenly don't tell you what this class or race is called. You seemingly don't care about this crucial detail, and since you care about your source, you don't want to pry any further. Not even a "Oh man, that new race and class sound cool! What are they called?" Nah, after this person pretty much puts their entire job on the line by breaking the NDA several times over, for some reason, the names of the next race and class is a bridge too far.

No! Instead you ask this person what's the status of Dark Rangers and Tinkers..... From which they continue to give you NDA-breaking information. To top ALL of this off, this guy who is so concerned about his source puts what the source told him on a public forum instead of just keeping it to himself. C'mon!
    It is genuinely not surprising you have zero concept of restraint and can only conceive of things in terms of getting what you want, and so find the idea that someone might decide not to press a friend generously giving you bits of information for even more specific details totally incomprehensible... but yes, I assure that for a typical person the idea of being content with what you have already been given and not obsessing over it is a thing that can happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    It is genuinely not surprising you have zero concept of restraint and can only conceive of things in terms of getting what you want, and so find the idea that someone might decide not to press a friend generously giving you bits of information for even more specific details totally incomprehensible... but yes, I assure that for a typical person the idea of being content with what you have already been given and not obsessing over it is a thing that can happen.

Seriously, not sure if this guy is trolling or not lol.

There's a saying, "there's no such thing as halfway crooks" - in this case there totally is, just because NDA is broken on one thing doesn't mean you can go ham and spill everything, especially when what is being said is ambiguous to a fault.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkanomics View Post

There's a saying, "there's no such thing as halfway crooks" - in this case there totally is, just because NDA is broken on one thing doesn't mean you can go ham and spill everything, especially when what is being said is ambiguous to a fault.
    There is no such thing as degrees of breaching NDA. As soon as you give away insider information, you have violated your contract. No matter how much information is given out, it's still a violation. This will lead to you getting fired and even potentially facing legal action.

Ok do we actually believe this or is the thread being carried by 4 ppl arguing about the legitimacy of the leak based off the fact blizzard is either so creatively bankrupt that it is real or that they are so incompetent with storytelling at least part of this is possible

Because the fact they have “Azeroth is the progenitor of dragons” is both retarded enough to not be real while at the same time being a possibility because of the circle jerk that is the writing team

Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post
    This movie is racist and sexist so I hope this leak is fake.
    The fact that nobody wants to see you naked in particular doesn't mean it's sexist.
    Chicken fried rice is delicious!

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    There is no such thing as degrees of breaching NDA. As soon as you give away insider information, you have violated your contract. No matter how much information is given out, it's still a violation. This will lead to you getting fired and even potentially facing legal action.
    Exactly. As soon as you say "Hey, we're working on a Dragon-based class for 10.0!" You've crossed the Rubicon into violation territory, and if Gleepot's story is true, the Rubicon was crossed over and over again. So why is the name of the class and race suddenly off-limits? If this source is willing to break the NDA on 10.0 and even 11.0, then giving you the names of the next race and class shouldn't be a problem. You want to know why it's a problem?

Because it's fake, that's why. Again, a group of forum users would have great difficulty coming up with a name for a future dragon race or class, but a Blizzard dev would not. If a Blizzard dev is dumping this much information on you, they're going to tell you what the next race and class are called (or you're going to ask). If you're going to ask the status of Dark Rangers and Tinkers, you're going to ask what the next race and class are called.

And btw, if you're worried about getting your source in trouble, you wouldn't be posting this info on a forum in the first place. Just saying......

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Exactly. As soon as you say "Hey, we're working on a Dragon-based class for 10.0!" You've crossed the Rubicon into violation territory, and if Gleepot's story is true, the Rubicon was crossed over and over again. So why is the name of the class and race suddenly off-limits? If this source is willing to break the NDA on 10.0 and even 11.0, then giving you the names of the next race and class shouldn't be a problem. You want to know why it's a problem?

Because it's fake, that's why. Again, a group of forum users would have great difficulty coming up with a name for a future dragon race or class, but a Blizzard dev would not. If a Blizzard dev is dumping this much information on you, they're going to tell you what the next race and class are called (or you're going to ask). If you're going to ask the status of Dark Rangers and Tinkers, you're going to ask what the next race and class are called.

And btw, if you're worried about getting your source in trouble, you wouldn't be posting this info on a forum in the first place. Just saying......

I am more than happy to concede here but just as a thought experiment/analogy what about this:

The speed limit is 45 MPH - as long as I'm below that I'm cool in the eyes of the law

I'm at 46 MPH - I am currently breaking the law but not by much

from what you said once the law (NDA) is broken why hold back?

There's a big difference between going 46 MPH and 60/70/100 MPH (a simple ticket to jail time/car being impounded)

I would say 46-50MPH would be giving vague hints at future features vs 70-100 MPH giving away very specific things the new xpac would have to offer

And both with the law and NDA's - the enforcement of said things are fluid up to a point, as long as you are being cautious (don't go too fast/don't leak too much) you can get away with it!

10+ Year Old Account
    I am more than happy to concede here but just as a thought experiment/analogy what about this:

The speed limit is 45 MPH - as long as I'm below that I'm cool in the eyes of the law

There's a big difference between going 46 MPH and 60/70/100 MPH (a simple ticket to jail time/car being impounded)

I would say 46-50MPH would be giving vague hints at future features vs 70-100 MPH giving away very specific things the new xpac would have to offer

And both with the law and NDA's - the enforcement of said things are fluid up to a point, as long as you are being cautious (don't go too fast/don't leak too much) you can get away with it!
    Yeah, it doesn’t work like that. Not even close. Just confirming that the next class in WoW is Dragon-based with two DPS specs and a Healing spec is not vague, it’s highly specific. That alone is a massive NDA breach, because from that you know that there’s another WoW class on the way, what it can do, and that the next expansion heavily involves dragons. Doing that ruins Blizzard’s big expansion reveal, and the perp who did it probably isn’t going to hired by another gaming company after Blizzard fires them.

Honestly, just confirming that the next expansion will have a new class or race alone could illicit a similar consequence.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2022-01-15 at 11:36 AM.

I can leak 10.0 for everyone here. the new torghast will be your character taking a leak.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

False equivalence. Speeding has different degrees because when you start going faster, you begin putting lives at risk. When it comes to contracts, you are hurting yourself and the company you work for. Companies don't care if all you did was breach the NDA just a little bit. ANY breach is serious and you will be severely punished for doing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is the only "leak" worth taking the time to read and devote any amount of thought to thus far, and is certainly well-timed. It is generic enough that it is most likely just a pairing of some firmly established desires of a portion of the playerbase with some untapped dangling threads. Wrathion, and Chromie too, were pretty heavily teased in Bfa after all, so it's fairly safe to bet on dragons playing a role in an upcoming expansion. I find playable Black dragons to be unlikely though, even if Wrathion's revival of the flight is bound to play a major role when we finally visit the Dragon Isles. I suppose Blizzard could have come up with a satisfactory way to handle a single race that chooses a faction so long after MoP, but that bit reads like wishful thinking to me. These forums have long associated 10.0 with a world revamp, whether minor or major, but I wouldn't write that off too hastily. I am biased due to being strongly in favour of a revamp, so wishful thinking is absolutely swaying my opinion on this aspect, but I do believe that it would be convenient to implement as a follow-up to Shadowlands.

Blah blah blah. Basically... I know better than to put my faith in this concept, but I would be very satisified if elements of it came true. Bring on the world revamp and Black Dragonflight rebirth. Toss that Azeroth talent tree and all those expansion-specific abilities in the garbage.