Page 1 of 23
... LastLast

Tinkers: what will people do next?

I’m really not a person who cares if they make Tinkers or not. My question is…what will people make their “leaks” about next?
    Imagine next expansion gives housing, dragon isles, Tinkers and expanded allied races.

What is there that people will be demanding after that? What will the next hype be that everyone is including on their “leaks”

They will ask for the next most wanted classes: Dark Ranger, and behind that, Necromancer.

While I think Tinker should have been in since launch and don't understand why it wasn't added in years ago, I'm personally more excited by the idea of class skins and player housing.

As for which new continent to explore, I would love an underground expansion with zones designed like GW2's amazing underground zones. Explore caverns with alien life, ancient nerubian cities, travel through the guts of an old god, and eventually meet Azeroth herself.

To be honest if the next expansion is Dragon Isles, a dragon knight class will make more sense to be added than a glorified profession.

Well, there's always demands for playable Ogres.
    Actual High elves.
    More Race/class restrictions lifted. (Night elves paladins, Human shamans, etc.)
    Class customization.
    Necromancer, Dark ranger, Bard, Runemaster ? Some kind of Battle mage class ?

A lot of shit to be added, but as for expansion's theme we have demands for or suspicions of :

A world revamp expansion.
    Light vs Void.
    Life plane.

- Tinkers
    - Housing
    - Ogres
    - Dragon Isles
    - Old World Revamp
    - Dark Ranger

I think that's all the usual suspects for "leak" season?

10+ Year Old Account
    If we do get the Dragon Isles expansion, I would think a dragon knight themed class would make more sense, or perhaps it would be better as a spec for warrior. Tinkerer feels like it would have to be in a gnome/goblin themed expansion, or maybe after a time skip with a noticeable improvement in technology or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Boricha View Post
    or maybe after a time skip with a noticeable improvement in technology or something.
    Oh you mean something like the discovery of a magical ore that makes everything and everyone better, faster, stronger ?

Let's be honest, BFA had the best context for a Tinker class, same way SL had the best context for a Necromancer class.

Now these expansions have passed and those classes weren't added. It's most likely they'll never be.

At this point Tinkers are the WaLuigi of World of Warcraft

Quote Originally Posted by DatToffer View Post
    Let's be honest, BFA had the best context for a Tinker class, same way SL had the best context for a Necromancer class.

Now these expansions have passed and those classes weren't added. It's most likely they'll never be.
    Same was said for Demon Hunters in The Burning Crusade, and we came back around to them again with Legion. I agree that an expansion theme with a class works best, like Death Knights & Monks, but I don't feel they need to lock it in that hard.

If they have a class idea they like they should just run with it in my opinion.

Are you for real?
    That's not the only thing WoW has to offer.
    Jeez, people are narrowminded...

Quote Originally Posted by ResentfulUK View Post
    Same was said for Demon Hunters in The Burning Crusade, and we came back around to them again with Legion. I agree that an expansion theme with a class works best, like Death Knights & Monks, but I don't feel they need to lock it in that hard.

If they have a class idea they like they should just run with it in my opinion.
    True. But I think having the new class and the new expansion with the same theme is better for communication/marketing/etc. The thing about Legion is that it was concluding the Burning Legion arc, so if DH didn't come up at this moment, I don't see when they could.

I feel the same about Necromancer, if SL is supposed to conclude some sort of wotlk Death arc, then it's unlikely we'll get an opportunity to see the Necromancer class coming up.

Of course, they can always make up a story that would make us come back. After all, they managed to make us go back to Draenor before it became the Outland.

There will never be tinkers in wow so they will continue to spam tinker threads, no worry

Oh you mean something like the discovery of a magical ore that makes everything and everyone better, faster, stronger ?

This is true. BFA was the best expansion setting we could get for tinkers. Azerite empowered tech, Mechagon, Mekkatorque and Gallywix in spotlight... if they didn't use this opportunity to add tinkers then I really don't see how they would force them in expansions about (presumably) dragons or Light/Void

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    This is true. BFA was the best expansion setting we could get for tinkers. Azerite empowered tech, Mechagon, Mekkatorque and Gallywix in spotlight... if they didn't use this opportunity to add tinkers then I really don't see how they would force them in expansions about (presumably) dragons or Light/Void
    None of that was the focal point of the expansion. Mekkatorque and Mechagon got a bit of focus because of Mechagnomes, and Mechagon wasn’t a zone we encountered until 8.2, and after BoD we didn’t see Mekkatorque until the end of the expansion. The focus of BFA was the fourth war between the alliance and horde, and the main characters were Jaina, Anduin, Sylvanas, Tyrande, and Saurfang with the initial goal of restoring Azeroth, then defeating Sylvanas, and then dealing with N’zoth.

It should also be noted that Goblins and Gnomes didn’t even appear in the opening cinematic for the expansion.

As to the topic; I would imagine after a tech class is added, you would be looking at spec revamps, and new races. Expansion theme wise, a Lightbound invasion seems inevitable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbidaggy View Post
    I’m really not a person who cares if they make Tinkers or not. My question is…what will people make their “leaks” about next?
    Imagine next expansion gives housing, dragon isles, Tinkers and expanded allied races.

What is there that people will be demanding after that? What will the next hype be that everyone is including on their “leaks”
    Leak threads contain all the buzzwords that try to hype people, Tinker is a minor word compared to many others.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

i actualy think necromancer would make more sense AFTER shadowlands, now the machinery of death is repaired, and we could learn thing or two while there
    and it might be unlikely, but they do need good expansion, so some fanservice is guaranteed, might aswell be necromancer

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    As to the topic; I would imagine after a tech class is added, you would be looking at spec revamps, and new races. Expansion theme wise, a Lightbound invasion seems inevitable.
    So, there won't be any new classes beyond that?
    I wonder, what will your purpose in life be after that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHumanResources View Post
    Nevertheless BfA did, via the new resource Azerite, introduce an unprecedented arms race to World of Warcraft with countless new and deadly machines of war; tanks, siegetowers you name it. Unless we see an Undermine expansion, which is possible yes, BfA would've been the expansion to implement Tinkers in mech suits.
    There was an arms race because Azerite empowered everything, not just machines. Additionally, bringing in Tinkers would seem odd when the narrative focus is elsewhere. Dark Rangers made more sense, because Sylvanas was a huge part of the expansion and drove the plot. However, I don’t think a new class was on the table in BFA because Demon Hunters had been introduced the expansion beforehand.

While I do think that Azerite could play a role for a tech class in a future expansion, I don’t believe that BFA works timing wise or narrative wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Gourbaak View Post
    There will never be tinkers in wow so they will continue to spam tinker threads, no worry
    You sound exactly like the people that said there would be no Worgen, Goblins, Pandaren, Monks, Demon Hunters, Argus, Shadowlands, and so on. Thanks for the laugh.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    So, there won't be any new classes beyond that?
    I wonder, what will your purpose in life be after that?
    Moderator of the Tinker forum.