Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    i didn't quit wow and now hate on it out of spite.
    You should try it. Spite and anger, I mean. It's a great way to break a gaming addiction. And if the game or company blows up while you're gone, the schadenfreude is all the sweeter.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    if a company can't provide a quality product, what is the future of that company?
    About a billion dollars a year in revenue if it's Blizzard. There are lots of people outside this echo chamber of a forum that like the game just fine. I'm not judging one way or the other: just stating a clear truth.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    About a billion dollars a year in revenue if it's Blizzard. There are lots of people outside this echo chamber of a forum that like the game just fine. I'm not judging one way or the other: just stating a clear truth.
    There's also lots of people that blindly purchase any cash shop or paid service addition to WoW and drive up profits, which imitates a form of success for the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsyplenk View Post
    There's also lots of people that blindly purchase any cash shop or paid service addition to WoW and drive up profits, which imitates a form of success for the game.
    That may be but the question I was answering was implying that Blizzard would have difficulty surviving if they can't please the echo chamber of 100 or so people that regularly post to this forum. The answer is the same: about a billion dollars a year in revenue. One needs to be wary of upscaling negative feedback into generalizations. A lot of people don't know and don't care about forums. They just log on and play every so often. That's mostly where the billion dollars a year comes from. They don't much care about legal issues, the cash shop or anything else. Besides, who are you or I to tell people how to spend their money?
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    That may be but the question I was answering was implying that Blizzard would have difficulty surviving if they can't please the echo chamber of 100 or so people that regularly post to this forum. The answer is the same: about a billion dollars a year in revenue. One needs to be wary of upscaling negative feedback into generalizations. A lot of people don't know and don't care about forums. They just log on and play every so often. That's mostly where the billion dollars a year comes from. They don't much care about legal issues, the cash shop or anything else. Besides, who are you or I to tell people how to spend their money?
    I'm not telling anyone how to spend their money,. Like you say, it's their money. Just stating that revenue being used as a gauge of quality for the game isn't exactly accurate. I haven't followed the whole convo, so ignore me if this is irrelevant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsyplenk View Post
    Just stating that revenue being used as a gauge of quality for the game isn't exactly accurate.
    That's not really what I was saying. Great games disappear without a trace because no one buys them. Lots of terrible games flourish. Same with books, movies, almost anything else you can think of.