Thread: 10.0 Leak

Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Honest question, if not Dragon Isles what else is 10.0?
    The same question has been going on since WOD? Come on, you have 10 years here you should know better already. It's NOT going to be your precious Dragon Isles.
    Remember recently before SL was announced? MMO-C was spammed nearly daily with "omg Dragon Isles is next!". Can you see the pattern ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    I'm going to personally just quote everyone who smugly declares that they're 100% correct without considering alternatives. Both you and @Varx are up. One of you will be wrong, and one of you will be consequently pointed out.
    Glad to hear! Cannot wait.
    Thanos should have won..

#NotMyEnding
    #ThanosWasRight

I think its pretty dumb

also story seems illogical (anyway when did Blizzard ever care for logical continuation of story?)

and cosmetic stuff mentioned. I think it is not real

while Blizzard made such concept before and later even used small bits of it (remember in WoD there was concept of adding quivers and ammunition and updating their visuals as player progresses?and it never made out)
    so I think it too makes no sense

anyway
    2/10 for attempt and too bad concept even for Blizzard standards

cinematic would be neat tbh

- - - Updated - - -

No leak will ever be 100% accurate because shit gets changed in development all the time.

I mean look at all the shit they promise at the announcement of an expansion that ends up laying on the cutting room floor. Dark Trolls, Abyssal Maw raid, Azjol Nerub as a zone, new capital cities in AU Draenor, Faralohn and the Ogre Isles, Path of the Titans, Dance Studio, etc. And those are all the things we KNOW of.

So if a leak even gets out that's 100% accurate, then it's very likely going to contain some internal concepts that just never make it live, and never even get announced or publicly known unless it gets far enough down the pipe to actually be datamined-before-being-cut. If not, stuff like Mongrel Horde could be absolutely leakable information, while we wouldn't know about it being legitimate had the developers never released concept art and talked about it existing. If it weren't for the interviews, people would be all 'remember that fake Mongrel Horde idea'.
    this post explains leaks and concepts nicely

mongrel horde idea was very dumb. glad it did not make it. idk if it would be worse than WoD

- - - Updated - - -

Honest question, if not Dragon Isles what else is 10.0?
    anything else from Undermine to Spagetti Isles
    from Abysal Maw to Argussian Spacr Popcorn Fleet
    from uncharted seas to stormwind dungeons and so on

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    So I guess that expeditions quest with the dragon scale and the dragons isles having they're first canonical mention in-game was just added for shits and giggles? The fact there's no other major unexplored landmass or island chain left on azeroth besides the dragon isles means nothing to you?

Sorry bud, but 100% the isles will be 10.0.

- - - Updated - - -

This is the best possible current solution.
    Farahlon sends grains of salt and big hello

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...or-Leak-Inside

So now you've seen one that isn't just a random guess. An actual leak from before WoD was announced.

This was leaked by insider information. You can see, there's still information wrong, very likely because of in-development changes, or 'telephone' inaccuracies/assumptions being made.

Posted 4 days before actual announcement.
    Right. Even if we assume that one is an actual honest-to-god leak from a true WoW developer, how does that change my original statement that 99.9% of the """"""""""leaks"""""""""" are either pure bullshit from those who want to stir up drama (TiNkEr NeXt ClAsS!1! FoUr SpEcZ!1) or just dumb wish-lists poorly disguised as """"""""""leaks""""""""""?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    Without reading past page two, this sounds a LOT like a Cata rehash at heart to me.

It's the meme for these fake leaks. People have meme'd Shadowlands as WotLK 2.0 since that leak season, so of course this time around it would be Cataclysm 2.0.

I await supposed leaked images/artwork for the beginning of the real leak season.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    It is genuinely not surprising you have zero concept of restraint and can only conceive of things in terms of getting what you want, and so find the idea that someone might decide not to press a friend generously giving you bits of information for even more specific details totally incomprehensible... but yes, I assure that for a typical person the idea of being content with what you have already been given and not obsessing over it is a thing that can happen.
    "Friend"? You assume a lot. And even if the poster and this "dev" are actual friends, if it is something you're interested in-- to the point of not just allowing but enabling your friend to break NDA, which would put him in serious legal trouble-- I doubt one would not ask for specifics on things that would be of interest to the community, namely the name of the new race.

Remember that this "dev" gave specific names for Shadowland's last world boss (Garaddon, son of Galakrond) and also the name of Azeroth's titan world soul (Azeroth the Eternal). But somehow the playable race's name is too much to reveal?

NDAs don't have "varying levels of punishment", in which you only get a slap on the wrist if you reveal a tiny thing. No, if you break the NDA, no matter how little, you break the NDA. And even if NDAs had "varying levels of punishment", the amount of information this supposed "dev" has leaked would put them way past just a simple 'slap on the wrist' and would likely already be facing heavy punishment if they got caught.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Right. Even if we assume that one is an actual honest-to-god leak from a true WoW developer, how does that change my original statement that 99.9% of the """"""""""leaks"""""""""" are either pure bullshit from those who want to stir up drama (TiNkEr NeXt ClAsS!1! FoUr SpEcZ!1) or just dumb wish-lists poorly disguised as """"""""""leaks""""""""""?
    You didnt say 99%, you are changing your original statement of them either being fake or random guesses. Don't lie. I have no reason to point out your own statement if you had said 99% were fake.

You said all the ones you've seen were fake, so I was clarifying whether you were acknowledging the existence of any that you may not have seen as real insider leaks, or if you were dismissing them all. Don't just change your original statements for the sake of it, I'm not looking to point out anything you said being wrong, just clarifying what you said. Again, stop lying about it for the sake of 'being right', just clarify and move on jeez.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-01-15 at 01:39 PM.

You didnt say 99%, you are changing your original statement of them either being fake or random guesses. Don't lie. I have no reason to point out your own statement if you had said 99% were fake.
    Uh-huh. My first post in this thread, in its entirety:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    You're giving Blizzard and the """"""""""leakers"""""""""" way too much credit.

99.9% of the """"""""""leaks"""""""""" that get posted here are either people trying to stir up shit or wish-lists poorly disguised as """"""""""leaks"""""""""".

I don't think I've ever seen an actual "real leak", and those that get lauded as "true leaks" just end up being those who just managed to guess SOME things right in it.

If this is real, I wonder what the dragon racials would be.

Every race has at least one utility racial and one throughput racial. One is usually passive and the other is active.

Maybe have throughput be a passive ramp up racial. Call it Draconic Blood. Stacks as you do damage / heals, at X stacks they get consumed to give you a dmg buff or stat buff. Animation is a pair of draconic wings sprout from your back, like the Cata rogue leggo.

Now, if we're gonna have a racial that turns us into dragon form, then this will be the active/utility racial.

What if when we activate it we lose all of our class active abilities and gain access to a handful of draconic ones.

Maybe a wing beat for push back, tail swipe for knock down or short stun, Fire breath is a given. Maybe have the transformation give a health boost, like a mini BM trinket.

Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    Now, if we're gonna have a racial that turns us into dragon form, then this will be the active/utility racial.

What if when we activate it we lose all of our class active abilities and gain access to a handful of draconic ones.

Maybe a wing beat for push back, tail swipe for knock down or short stun, Fire breath is a given. Maybe have the transformation give a health boost, like a mini BM trinket.
    There is zero chance something as complex as that would be a racial. At best, it might be a simple brief cone attack for a small amount of damage. The utility part would obviously being a flight form, like Worgen's Running wild.

Quote Originally Posted by cantrip View Post
    Well, there always is some truth in leaks like this.
    To be fair though that’s because of luck

I had no idea that in 8.3 we would have nzoth remake some zones but I guessed it

Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    There is zero chance something as complex as that would be a racial. At best, it might be a simple brief cone attack for a small amount of damage. The utility part would obviously being a flight form, like Worgen's Running wild.
    Must be combat utility. Tauren for example have brawn that gives added crit dmg as passive throughput and warstomp as an aoe stun as active combat utility.

Orcs have their blood fury active dmg boost, and Hardy passive to reduce stun duration.

Thats what I mean by utility.

Maybe your right and that might be too complex, but the active ability MUST turn you into a dragon somehow in combat, otherwise whats the point of playing a dragon.

Maybe make it a channel ability where either you breathe fire or beat your wings to knock back depending what you choose and have it share a CD like the goblin racial. On top of the dragon blood racial I mentioned.

this is still the most "logical" leak, at this point all the leaks hint towards dragon isles which most think is likely, or maybe its all misdirection from blizz

as for the NDA talk... there are various levels of punishment for breaking NDAs. I've been and am under countless NDAs and it comes down to data classification (Again something I've dealt with in corp and military environments) Leaking the next expect involves dragons will get a light punishment, leaking the detailed features, and maybe even images will get you sued/fired/black listed in the industry.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    this is still the most "logical" leak, at this point all the leaks hint towards dragon isles which most think is likely, or maybe its all misdirection from blizz

as for the NDA talk... there are various levels of punishment for breaking NDAs. I've been and am under countless NDAs and it comes down to data classification (Again something I've dealt with in corp and military environments) Leaking the next expect involves dragons will get a light punishment, leaking the detailed features, and maybe even images will get you sued/fired/black listed in the industry.
    No it isn't. This was the most logical leak:

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...nge-Of-SolGate

Fast Questions
    -No world revamp, they only plan to update zones 'as needed'
    -No new races in 10.0 but Nelfs get 'night fae satyr' and horde gets san'layn with venthyr looks
    -New class is 'Dragon knight' mail class, only two spec, DPS or heal, all races
    -There's no big timeskip, that was a misunderstanding from an interview, apparently they joke about it a lot
    -Next was already supposed to be Light/Void fighting over 'life' and then 11.0 would be 'Time', but the feedback on cosmic stuff made them decide to make the light/void stuff 'more grounded' so it's on azeroth and not in the 'lifelands' so it's all up in the air
    -No player housing
    -The big new thing is 'more player choice'
    -Pre-Expac event has Botani from WoD going crazy and trying to mulch people to turn them into energy for the planet to keep it from dying
    -Rather than having one big flying achievement, there's a different smaller one for each zone
    -Blizz is very happy with how keystones worked, and are gonna make them a timewalking thing too

SL end stuff
    -We stop Jailor but Azeroth is starting to die from having her energy drained into the first ones machines
    -Pelagos tries to put the energy back but then the machines break because of the damage from our fight with Zovaal
    -The rift is closing so we have to leave soon but they don't close anything off in gameplay it's purely a lore thing to flavor the 9.2.5 patch
    -a devourer gets out of shadowlands and it's talked about as 'really bad' apparently devourers are gonna be 'the new void' after light / void stuff

-Arthas is freed from Anduin's sword and says goodbye to Jaina and Uther before turning into a kid and running off to ghost Terenas
    -Tyrande tells Sylvanas to work forever fixing souls in the maw who don't deserve to be there
    -Bolvar stays in the Maw to keep an eye on Sylv and do the jailor's actual job, Taelia is all sad but is nursing anduin back to health

-Tyrande and winter queen fix the nelf souls in the maw from Teldrassil with her night warrior power and cause a 'nightfae satyr' type allied race to spawn for alliance, some of the revived nelfs are even more faithful to Elune and others 'don't forgive her'
    -Giving up night warrior power and surviving 'weakened' Tyrande so she has to rest, to explain why we don't see her for awhile.

-Kael and Sylv teach the San'layn and her loyalist dark rangers/forsaken venthyr stuff and they join the Horde to help forsaken and belfs, but also to 'balance Calia' who has some ominous lines about 'eternal light' cause death sucks

-Pelagos swears he and the eternals will make the shadowlands 'a realm of choices'

10.0 Stuff
    -Azeroth is dying but it's slow, thrall talks about how it's reminding him of Outland crumbling. Magni says Azeroth can't speak anymore, Basically a coma.
    -Anduin is still all traumatized and nearly shanks Wrathion when he shows up, Wrathion says he found a way to use the Dragon Isles to heal azeroth
    -The Dragon isles are floating islands that move, which is why mortals almost never find them
    -With azeroth dying the islands are slowly lowering, with the Black Dragonflight isle finally touching the sea and is the 'gateway' to the others
    -The islands are being invaded by light/void forces that both want to be the ones to 'heal' azeroth and gain influence over its power
    -The Aspects imbue some mortals with power to help fight back the invasions, this is where the new Class comes from
    -Turalyon wants to help the Light and Alleria wants to spy on both invasions

-There's like, a whole bunch of new kinds of dragons that only live on the isles cause they went extinct elsewhere
    -The dragon isles has 'dragon kobolds' that guard the dragons and are super serious, apparently the ones in the game before were all cursed exiles
    -Dragons are 'evolved elementals' and every planet has them, ours are just special cause of titan blessings 'speeding up their evolution'

-Malfurion helps 'channel a new aspect' for green dragons since, unclear whether they meant that Malf is doing the aspect thing like Thrall in Cata or whether he helps pick a new green dragon
    -Ethereals and Brokers are both doing jobs on the Blue Dragon island and players get to pick a side
    -Bronze island has Nozdormu 'lightbound' and then we make Murozond when we free him with void energy and he splits into a bunch of copies and escapes, apparently the one we kill in endtime was only a piece of him
    -Red Island has dragons being hunted by rebel dragonmaw that are voidcrazy from Twilight Highlands and the Horde have to kill them
    -Horde capital is the black dragon den where Deathwing got corrupted by old gods
    -Alliance capital is 'Tyrs secret base'

-Odyn and the Valarjar are invading cause he thinks dragons can't do their job
    -Yrel will show up in a patch with AU Garrosh
    -There are arakkoa on both the light and void invasions that want to take the energy from Azeroth to fix Draenor
    -Anduin will do something with Xal'atah
    -Sire Denathrius is going to get Lightbound, the Dreadlords are split between serving him or trying to free him
    -Asked about Azshara and was told she's not in this expac cause 'she's not thinking about just one planet anymore'
    -The void is corrupting sky whales

Quote Originally Posted by Beloren View Post
    No it isn't. This was the most logical leak:

//snip//

we have vastly different ideas of "logical" is all I'll say. to each their own!
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    we have vastly different ideas of "logical" is all I'll say. to each their own!
    This leak sounds more far fetched than the one I linked,

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    World shaping sounds boring as hell too.. why would i want that?

i'd rather they do a system i could build up my race's capital city and the changes a permanent on my client, with new updates every patch that allow me to expand further.

world shaping? to what end?
    That reminds me Landmark/EverQuest Next that ended badly by trying to have a sandbox world like that. Why would Blizzard try and suicide its own world this way?

Quote Originally Posted by Ajaxandriel View Post
    That reminds me Landmark/EverQuest Next that ended badly by trying to have a sandbox world like that. Why would Blizzard try and suicide its own world this way?
    World shaping reminds me of a worse version of Island expeditions, they at least were fun because some action took place, but because these maps have no permanent position in the world you can actually visit or form an attachment too, what's the point? It ends up being a gimmicky, fun for a little while, no lasting meaning.

You see every zone and land has lore, meaning, it belongs to someone, it tells a story, and it remains, you can help change the fortunes of that land by the questing you do, celebrate with helping its citizens or conquering, it could the home land of your favourite race - these are attachments.. with a landscape that constantly changes.. i mean it's nice scenery, but to what effect? it means little to nothing.

At least a capital city means something to the race I like, bolsters its fantasy, and can be a nexus of quests, dungeons, raids, and plots that expound the fantasy and story of the race beyond just being a vendor centre. Not to mention how architecture and vistas are impressive locations players enjoy a lot. because this is what we are use to in real life.

I don't get this. This is why I think this is bogus. or at least that feature is.

We are probably going to get some dragon isle expansion, but I'm willing to bet that OP made up a lot of these features to try and fill the leak post and guess what is coming.
    Last edited by ravenmoon; 2022-01-15 at 10:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beloren View Post
    This leak sounds more far fetched than the one I linked,
    The thing that would have made the leak you linked possible is the similarities to FF14's Heavensward (floating islands of dragons, sky whales, etc.). We all know how Blizzard likes to borrow from other popular games. Sadly, the OP there said he was trolling.

However, I think anything Dragon Isles will be a bit of a copy of Heavensward anyways. Which isn't really a bad idea, considering how popular that expansion was.

Quote Originally Posted by kizcrew View Post
    Ok, three obvious problems, that I am surprised people haven't pointed out, because they immediately show this is a poorly-written fake.

The most important thing. Azeroth's world soul is a Titan. Not an Eternal. When Azeroth gets born, the entire planet will be her body. She won't wake up and be a tiny dragon. That makes no sense. That's not what world souls are.

If they ever did dragons as a race, there is no way they would just do black dragons. They would let you customize the color of your dragonflight, like the skin color of other races. Even the explanation, that Wrathion has found a way to not let the black dragonflight die is not sufficient to explain this, because it only explains why black dragons can be playable, not why other dragonflights can't. Blue, green, bronze and red dragons still all exist, and Blizzard would take advantage of this, if only for customization purposes. People would immediately ask "could we maybe in the future also play as bronze dragons etc?". Because it's really stupid to just limit people to black.

That makes no sense at all. The Troggs are a failed experiment. They have no progenitor. They were created by the Titans. They were supposed to be like the Earthen, but because they became what they are, they were deemed a failed experiment and eventually the Earthen were created, who then evolved into the Dwarves. For there to be superintelligent Troggs would mean that the creation of the Earthen was unnecessary. Why didn't the Titans know about these superintelligent Troggs?
    1. Azeroth is probably not a titan. While that definitely was the original lore, it has been changed since to make Azeroth way more important. More over, the current WoW team will definitely keep trying to make Eternals a thing, because ultimately they forgot that the Eternals are basically just doing what Titans did and they didn't need to change anything or make a new race called the Eternals. They chose to anyway. But yeah, Azeroth not being a Titan is very much the reality now, sorry.

2. There is absolutely a way they'd do just black dragons. They're lazy. Lazy as shit. And they don't care. There are a TON of things that they should have done ages ago but never did and they don't even have an excuse anymore with Allied Races. One of the most recent mistakes? Giblins not being an allied race. They have the models and could have easily implemented it and just chose not to because it doesn't matter, they're lazy.

3.Troggs are not like the Earthen. Troggs are flesh creatures for the most part, which means they're like the dwarves. There could very well be an old base version of the Troggs that are like the Earthen. Moreover, I'm pretty sure the Troggs are a failed experiment because of the Old God interference. The 'they dug too deep' kind of thing. So there being some of them still around that didn't dig too deep makes sense. It'd basically be like the mechagnomes and earthen but for troggs... Only Blizz isn't that smart. So right here this could very well be just another retcon. They do that all the time. Just look at Sylvanas.

So you literally have no points, haven't been keeping up with lore, and have way too much faith in Blizzard.

How about this for a dragon race racial

Dragon form: flame breath: activates your true form to breath fire in a frontal cone. Dmg done heals you by x%, 2 sec channel. Activating this increases your HP by x for the duration.

Dragon Form: Wing beat: activates your true form to beat your wings repeatedly, knocking back all enemies in a frontal cone. Activating this increases your HP by x for the duration.

Shared CD