Poll: Do you think WM On needs to be fixed?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Shadowlands is just not compatible with WM.

In 9.0 the Maw heavily punished using WM because you lost Stygia when you died. And you needed that Stygia.
    Outside of that reputations and world quests are not used for anything but cosmetics.
    We didn't even have a weekly Call to Arms quest, until 9.1

Korthia is just badly designed for WM, it's a small linear zone without flying so based on any given daily activity there are many many choke-points to camp.
    Also, there is nothing to use WM for outside of the Call to Arms quest.

In BfA you gained extra Azerite (direct player power) and extra war resources that you could use to gain more power with the war table. Also you gained free conquest for doing the invasion world quests in War Mode for easy weekly pvp items on alts.
    In Shadowlands Anima does not give you power and the covenant table also is very lacking in meaningful rewards. All I use it for is to get augment runes, I hover around 70 constantly, nothing else. That will even be worthless once 9.2 comes with the infinite augment item.

I have not seen what Zereth Mortis is like or what rewards you can have. But the fact that we get actual WQ's might make it worth to farm more rep initially.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garymorilix View Post
    Shadowlands is just not compatible with WM.

In 9.0 the Maw heavily punished using WM because you lost Stygia when you died. And you needed that Stygia.
    Outside of that reputations and world quests are not used for anything but cosmetics.
    We didn't even have a weekly Call to Arms quest, until 9.1

Korthia is just badly designed for WM, it's a small linear zone without flying so based on any given daily activity there are many many choke-points to camp.
    Also, there is nothing to use WM for outside of the Call to Arms quest.

In BfA you gained extra Azerite (direct player power) and extra war resources that you could use to gain more power with the war table. Also you gained free conquest for doing the invasion world quests in War Mode for easy weekly pvp items on alts.
    In Shadowlands Anima does not give you power and the covenant table also is very lacking in meaningful rewards. All I use it for is to get augment runes, I hover around 70 constantly, nothing else. That will even be worthless once 9.2 comes with the infinite augment item.

I have not seen what Zereth Mortis is like or what rewards you can have. But the fact that we get actual WQ's might make it worth to farm more rep initially.
    You can make anything workable with WM on. Example the quests for SL only appears if you have WM on but that doesn't mean you cant see eachother, just not fight eachother if u dont have it on. And u wont be able to see the WQ if u dont have it on. Should be workable. Ofcourse all benefits will remain the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

It can't really work with sharding. Keeping WM on only one shard would help but it was a doomed system from the start.

my opinion is they could remove pvp for all I care.. but since some folks like it WM works as is, they have their PVP side of the game and I don't have to deal with it.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    As some one would would prefer to always have it on they just need to put hard limits on the balance of factions (no shard hopping) and give alliance players rewards for actually turning it on because as alliance it just makes many things impossible to do because of the huge number of horde.

Bfa got it half right with the loot and azerite rewards but even then it just became a shard hopping nightmare.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

I'm not really sure I agree with the premise that if WM is off the game feels empty. As long as you're in relevant zones (Maw/Korthia for example) you see quite a few players around. I mean I got the PvP trinket that required 20 Korthia kills the other day and it only took me like 30 minutes to find and kill enough people, would have been faster but I wasted a lot of time trying to kill a Lock that kept porting into town cause I'm dumb.

Of course if you're just off in the middle of nowhere or old zones the game feels empty with WM on, but it feels empty with WM off so it's not really related to WM. I think world PvP is just flawed in WoW, it's just not fun because it's a numbers game, either your side has more people and you can't lose or you have less people and you can't win, so the majority of people don't want anything to do with that.

I have no idea if WM has some kind of equalizer built in where it tries to keep the factions in the same shard/CRZ equal or not, but it doesn't feel like it does and I think that's why a lot of people turn it off... Plus the rewards suck, 20% extra anima for the risk of dying and wasting time? No thanks.

The only thing is that it does provide a lot of player power from pvp talents in outdoor zones that I'm now too comfortable with to give up, but that power also varies massively from class to class, with it literally giving me an infinite bloodlust on my monk turning them into an unstoppable* whirlwind of pain (* ok very stoppable if you stun them but still) to my rogue who gets doubled self-heals but no dps, to my paladin who gets almost nothing so I just leave WM off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    It's more of a case of people taking the path of least resistance. While you can get slightly more rewards with WM on, it's not worth the hassle for most players. Beyond those slight increases in rewards, there isn't really a reason to have WM on.

The ultimate issue, and the root of many issues with WoW right now, is that Blizz was trying to make things more convenient. More convenient for players to choose when to have PvP an issue, more convenient for Blizz to do server grouping shenanigans. However, everything comes with a cost, especially as implemented.

Ironically, now given the choice, Blizz didn't even give a real reason to put WM on. Due to how the game is designed now, the only time you really get PvP action is if you dangle some reward (like AAO)... but that doesn't keep people in WM. It's like bragging about having high MAUs, and all those players were only logged in for an hour once a month: short term gain, long term nothing. If you're in it for the experience of the old PvP servers, I don't think it even lives up to that. It's quite the irony that if you want to do herbing/mining farming, it's frequently easier to have WM on because it's safer and has less competition.

Being able to toggle WM could've been great if there was a real reason to turn WM on, and more importantly a real reason to not turn WM off. At this point, I don't think there's any going back to the old ways. Best you can probably do is turn areas (either permanently or temporarily) into FFA zones instead of just faction-vs-faction. This way, you can avoid lop-sided faction imbalance even factoring in, as well as get rid of the need or option to toggle WM on or off.
    When gear matters too much -- players don't feel compelled to do what is 'fun' and feel compelled more to do what adds to their group experiences capability -- in this case, dailies and such.

Being able to do things for the sake of doing them without feeling like you're wasting time that could be better spent improving your char is a problem they've been building and eventually the treadmill can't sustain it anymore.

We're now at the point where it's coming to be yet another system, yet more dailies, toss out all your old work and.. start over. Somehow they view this as 'fun and engaging' because they can't make a game people want to play for the sake of playing.

There are reasons people are deciding to try out other MMO's and not coming back to WoW except for very brief periods of a new patch.

Blizzard created this problem and the team isn't well rounded enough to know how to fix it. Those people who were capable left or were fired. So we're left with basically the B-team trying to string pieces together. It's not their fault their previous employees screwed the pooch.

I like having the use of pvp abilities in the open world.

Had it on all of BFA, rewards were great.

I used to have it on all the time but with how things are layered its either 100 alliance vs me or a bunch of horde and I with no alliance around. So its either get ganked or do no pvp. And by leaving warmode on I was increasing alliance gains.