7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Dragons should not be a class for the same reason DHs were a mistake. They've very limited design space and aesthetic options and are bound to become increasingly contrived over time while not having a mechanical identity others don't cover. I bet you a decent amount of money that, if they're anything at all, they'll be the Covenant gimmick of this expansion, but with a switch implemented from launch so Blizzard can claim they learned from their mistakes.

As for levels, cut it down to level 50 and you future proof the idea. Increase the cap and you pigeonhole people into Shadowlands, rendering the SL level-changes pointless and doom yourself to having to do a level squish again eventually.
    To be honest a dragon class based on aspects could bring in a new variety of playstyles since the aspect specializations have more potential for a class than a demon hunter which ended up being split into two.

However I too fear that this might end up being just an expansion Power system tied to the zones of the new expansion. If nothing else then there would at least be a plethora of new dragon mounts, and probably even a raise-your-own-dragon chain like the falcosaurs, 8.3 bug and other similar chains that give a pet, toy and mount.
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    To be honest a dragon class based on aspects could bring in a new variety of playstyles since the aspect specializations have more potential for a class than a demon hunter which ended up being split into two.

However I too fear that this might end up being just an expansion Power system tied to the zones of the new expansion. If nothing else then there would at least be a plethora of new dragon mounts, and probably even a raise-your-own-dragon chain like the falcosaurs, 8.3 bug and other similar chains that give a pet, toy and mount.
    Demon Hunter has the basic idea of "Be Illidan", who's skillset is at least a little concrete and DHs were a hero in WC3. Monks had kung fu movies for inspiration but dragons are very vague and most of the stuff hypothetical aspect-based specs could do are already in mages, shamans and druids. There's no hero character like Illidan to base the fantasy from either.

Entirely agree with the latter paragraph though. As said, Dragons aren't really my jam, but five colours of mount, five flights and a ready-made borrowed power system based on a familiar element both seem down Blizzard's alley.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cantrip View Post
    Oh and btw., no matter what blizzard is going to promise, they will add new trash systems. They cannot get rid of one of their biggest mistakes. They will just find another label. "Renown" becomes "Dragonpower", "Anima" becomes "Dragon dust".. or anything like that. Do not believe their lies.

If Hazzikostas is going to tell you "we learned from the past" and "we will focus on player agency", he will lie by opening his mouth. He already did that in the past and managed to fool players the game would change to better. It never did, it never will, until the day Hazzkostas leaves Blizzard.
    Ye ye, we heard that for years, first with Ghostcrawler and now with Ion. And lol @ the guy who thinks that changing him will change the game general design. Maximizing profits will still be a priority pal. And the guy that replaces him will be the next target of hate.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2022-01-15 at 08:05 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

7+ Year Old Account
    Since when does creating a horrible game maximize profits? Thats just a stupid argument. The reason blizzard creates shit games is not "maximizing profits" but simply incompetence. If they would want maximize profits they would create a fun game.
    Or maybe these repetitive things and systems keep players logging in? Or do you think it is just incompetence with WoW having same stuff third expansion in a row? Check SL record sales.

Also "if EA would want to maximize profits, they would just make a good game, instead of packing them with microtransactions" type of logic. Simply good game does not make CEO's cream their pants anymore.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2022-01-15 at 08:09 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Considering the Horde Council, Loa Voljin, Calia, the Scarlets and Regent Turalyon have nothing to do with Dragons, I’m willing to bet that a revamp is still in the cards (and backed by the list Marlamin made earlier) even if the theme of the expansion is Dragons. If they wanted to keep the status quo they would’ve made Rokhan Warchief and brought back Sylvanas at the end of SL.

Its still Cata 2, so a Revamp is still in line with the theme.

Also: BFA questing sets some things up in SL. Very little chance that SL questing sets up anything on Azeroth, so it makes no sense to force players to level in SL for 10.0, leading to a chance at the leveling experience being rehauled.
    Last edited by Wharren; 2022-01-15 at 08:11 PM.

Since when does creating a horrible game maximize profits? Thats just a stupid argument. The reason blizzard creates shit games is not "maximizing profits" but simply incompetence. If they would want maximize profits they would create a fun game.

A lawyer who has no idea what most of his players want is game director of WoW. The guy who is responsible for the Story is a former CRM who knows how to talk to customers but obviously turns the lore in WoW into a shitshow. Blizzards boss is a ex CFO who knows about accounting but not about game design. How do you think people like that could create a fun game for most of the players wow play?

The only thing Hazzkostas knows everything about is mythic raiding, numbers and competition laws.
    You have a lot of salt in you based on your posting history. I recommend you quit wow. Play FF14 or Lost Ark or SWTOR next month. Maybe Elden Ring. Find another game. Another hobby. Ranting on an mmo forum in your spare time is not healthy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Or maybe these repetitive things and systems keep players logging in? Or do you think it is just incompetence with WoW having same stuff third expansion in a row? Check SL record sales.

Also "if EA would want to maximize profits, they would just make a good game, instead of packing them with microtransactions" type of logic. Simply good game does not make CEO's cream their pants anymore.
    I'm sure theres more passion involved in the wow project but...he can believe what he wants.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Vulpera animations means it’s something resembling a Goblin, but with a tail.

Small Draknoid/Dragonman from Cata maybe?

One of the models shares 34 animations (emotes, sitting, fishing) with the Vulpera male.
    oh no
    we're not getting proper old tall buff drakonids (tbh not what i wanted anyway)
    we're getting scaly vulperas as a new race

Quote Originally Posted by guro-tchai View Post
    oh no
    we're not getting proper old tall buff drakonids (tbh not what i wanted anyway)
    we're getting scaly vulperas as a new race
    It’s a pet, no way would it also be a playable race.

It could be a baby Draknoid which would not signal against their race.

Quote Originally Posted by Wharren View Post
    It’s a pet, no way would it also be a playable race.

It could be a baby Draknoid which would not signal against their race.
    honestly i don't know how that works. i just thought that it's the same as 7.3.5 with four new allied races.
    although a pet with vulpera skeleton seems weird to me

7+ Year Old Account
    honestly i don't know how that works. i just thought that it's the same as 7.3.5 with four new allied races.
    I mean, making a dragon-like race in a shape of a tiny vulpera would be such a troll move.

although a pet with vulpera skeleton seems weird to me
    The deluxe edition is something you buy, if it’s like SL deluxe edition it will come with a mount (the emerald drake) and a pet (the thing that has the vulpera model, so it’s an NPC)

If there are ARs that come with buying 10.0 they wouldn’t be in the deluxe edition.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    I mean, making a dragon-like race in a shape of a tiny vulpera would be such a troll move.
    Possible backlash greater than Junker Gnomes
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Which one of those ropes can I hang myself with

The deluxe edition is something you buy, if it’s like SL deluxe edition it will come with a mount (the emerald drake) and a pet (the thing that has the vulpera model, so it’s an NPC)

If there are ARs that come with buying 10.0 they wouldn’t be in the deluxe edition.
    yeah, but i'm not certain all of the files mentioned are necessarily related to the deluxe edition - maybe a preorder? early access to the DH class, ARs, panda and AR DKs required just a standard preorder

Quote Originally Posted by GR8GODZILLAGOD View Post
    Possible backlash greater than Junker Gnomes
    i thought there's also 'scalies', like furries - but preferring lizards. an untapped market.

yeah, but i'm not certain all of the files mentioned are necessarily related to the deluxe edition - maybe a preorder? early access to the DH class, ARs, panda and AR DKs required just a standard preorder
    AFAIK nothing related to the DKs was encrypted or included in the in-game shop, and all these items are bundled together save for maybe one of them.

I’m going to guess it’s a new dragon-themed race to go with the expansion theme, and it being smaller and likely a pet means its an NPC race. Vulpera instead of Goblin means it has a tail so likely a small dragonkin that walks on two legs. Which means the PARENT RACE may be another dragonkin that walks on two legs (and this could be our new playable race, or one of them).

Very possible for sure, but to be clear there's no indication of there being an allied race encrypted in here.

AFAIK nothing related to the DKs was encrypted or included in the in-game shop, and all these items are bundled together save for maybe one of them.

I’m going to guess it’s a new dragon-themed race to go with the expansion theme, and it being smaller and likely a pet means its an NPC race. Vulpera instead of Goblin means it has a tail so likely a small dragonkin that walks on two legs. Which means the PARENT RACE may be another dragonkin that walks on two legs (and this could be our new playable race, or one of them).

I bet it could be a child version of this.

https: (space) //static.wikia.nocookie.net/wowpedia/images/1/10/Kyrak.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/250?cb=20150122235347

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Very possible for sure, but to be clear there's no indication of there being an allied race encrypted in here.
    what were allied race hints the last time, an entry in the 'race register'?

34 animations are shared with vulperas - does that mean all of them? are other animations (if such exist) related to something, or are they unknown?

I bet it could be a child version of this.

https: (space) //static.wikia.nocookie.net/wowpedia/images/1/10/Kyrak.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/250?cb=20150122235347
    right, Maloriak. old tall (not exactly buff) drakonids.
    this time, made cute.
    would've hated it this way or another, but making random guesses is fun.

what were allied race hints the last time, an entry in the 'race register'?

34 animations are shared with vulperas - does that mean all of them? are other animations (if such exist) related to something, or are they unknown?
    Ya, entry in ChrRaces.db2.

There are likely more animations but as they're not identical to any other animation in the game we don't know what they are.