Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    What spoilers are below?

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    What spoilers are below?
    Some considered the expansion theme possibly being related to an emerald drake as a spoiler, better safe than sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    Dragon's expansion pretty much confirmed with those drake mounts ?
    *louder for the people in the back* Just because it has a spell effect from an emerald drake mount doesn't mean the encrypted mount has anything to do with dragons

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    *louder for the people in the back* Just because it has a spell effect from an emerald drake mount doesn't mean the encrypted mount has anything to do with dragons
    Pretty much this, while one of the models does share 5 textures with that spell effect we don't know for 100% it -is- an emerald drake mount. It is somewhat plausible though considering the spell effect hasn't been used elsewhere (yet) as well as the textures being emerald colored.

Emerald drakes are tied to the Emerald Dream more than they are to dragons itself, even if we did visit Emerald Dream back in Legion, they can always develop new lore for it. Both Legion and BFA had a lot of loose threads for several expansions with no god-like cosmic levels of power (hopefully we abandon that after killing the jailer)

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Pretty much this, while one of the models does share 5 textures with that spell effect we don't know for 100% it -is- an emerald drake mount. It is somewhat plausible though considering the spell effect hasn't been used elsewhere (yet) as well as the textures being emerald colored.
    But because of the way VFX work, you wouldn't use a drake effect on a boar model because it's not the same structure. You're going to put a drake effect on another drake. So it's at least confirmed to be a dragon.

The amount of Denial in this thread is real xD

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    But because of the way VFX work, you wouldn't use a drake FX on a boar model because it's not the same structure. You're going to put a drake effect on another drake.
    I do feel it is likely the spell effect is made for the mount model (and as such, the mount is likely to be an emerald drake), but, to play devil's advocate; they're shared textures, none of which are dragon-specific as the effect is just a emerald-colored cloud with fancy particles. So while whatever it is is likely to have the same fancy cloud/particles, it doesnt have to be a drake, even though it is likely since the effect isn't used elsewhere (yet).

5+ Year Old Account
    Some considered the expansion theme possibly being related to an emerald drake as a spoiler, better safe than sorry.
    Hm, yea, but Deluxe Shadowlands doesn't have any Drake mounts. Does it? :O

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    Hm, yea, but Deluxe Shadowlands doesn't have any Drake mounts. Does it? :O
    This wouldn't be a bundle for Shadowlands, but for the next expansion as mentioned in the first line of the news post.

Quote Originally Posted by Valhalladin View Post
    The Burning Crusade -> Legion
    Wrath of the Lich King -> Shadowlands
    Cataclysm - > Dragon Isles
    Mist of Pandaria -> Tuskarr Safari
    Warlords of Draenor -> Time Travel Stuff

I sense a cycle.
    Well I mean your cycle is wrong in two ways. First being you skipped BFA which would be what "Wrath" would be according to your order. Second, if you were going every other expansion then Cataclysm would represent after the next expansion. Seems you just threw stuff together and called it a "cycle".

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Well I mean your cycle is wrong in two ways. First being you skipped BFA which would be what "Wrath" would be according to your order. Second, if you were going every other expansion then Cataclysm would represent after the next expansion. Seems you just threw stuff together and called it a "cycle".
    Oh yeah BFA. Forgot that was a thing xD

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    Dragon's expansion pretty much confirmed with those drake mounts ?
    i want a bunny expansion! just think of those bunny mounts <3

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I think they put it in 9.1.5 when they thought there will be Blizzcon in February and patch in March. Now with no event forcing reveal they probably want to do it in correct order, but still fit both in Q1, which would explain why PTR progress so fast.

The 5 textures mentioned are the ones used for the spell effect and are all emerald colored. It's likely whatever model is in there has similar effects to the spell, which looks sort of like this (disclaimer: modelviewer so effect might not be 1:1 as it appears in-game).
    My bad then ! I thought it was somehow linked to bundle of textures and not simply a VFX.

5+ Year Old Account

I see stars! Oh yes! Next expansion about constellars! Let's go!

So SLs pre-order bonuses came in patch 8.2.5, released 24/9/19. 38 days before BlizzCon and the Shadowlands reveal.

How plausible is it we might we the next expansion announcement in the next 30-60 days?

(Assuming that's what this is, of course)

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    So SLs pre-order bonuses came in patch 8.2.5, released 24/9/19. 38 days before BlizzCon and the Shadowlands reveal.

How plausible is it we might we the next expansion announcement in the next 30-60 days?
    it was very likely in march even before this "leak"

I do believe this is it, no more guessing
    next expansion will be tied to dragons and/or emerald dream, and reveal is very very near

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post

(Assuming that's what this is, of course)
    According to "The Leak"

The expansion will be unveiled in the first half of March on a YouTube Livestream. Patch 9.2 is set to release at the end of February.
    Quote Originally Posted by Secret81
    I´ve heard, there will be Epic loot as normal quest rewards in Cata while you level.
    To make the quest feel more epic.

Or…it’s still going to be light vs void with a heavy dose of Elune. After all, Ysera is Elune’s favorite pet.