Page 18 of 54 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    In the Mando when confronted with a threat like 40 Stromtroopers he ruthlessly put them down. Wiped them out and blew up the fleeing ships. In the Book he is apologising to the wookie assassin that just tried to murder him just before letting him go. Telling Fennec Oh calm down while she is making a threat. He is running to the kolto tank after every fight. Nearly ever one he meets is playing him for a fool and/or sending people to kill him. Thur far he has done hee haw about it.

Yeah i guess Boba Fett the social worker just ain't what i was expecting. I was thinking since he seems to be wanting to be a crime lord it would be more Peaky Blinders/Sopranos. Well as much as you would get on Disney. It just went in another direction i guess. I am personally finding it pretty meh.
    You are ignoring WHY he did what he did with the Stormtroopers. He didn't wipe out the stormtroopers for fun or because they were in his way. He agreed to help Din defend Grogu. There was a reason he did it. Just like there is a reason he let Black Krrsantan go.

Seriously, why do you ignore the what the show tells you and fill it with your head canon instead?

Krrsantan was not longer an active threat at the point he was let go because the Twins who he was working for at the time canceled the contract. Boba is not ruthless without reason.
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2022-01-16 at 01:02 AM.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Seems accurate -

I'd actually argue that this video has more energy and speed to it than the real chase lol

Last edited by rogueMatthias; 2022-01-16 at 02:06 AM.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    You are ignoring WHY he did what he did with the Stormtroopers. He didn't wipe out the stormtroopers for fun or because they were in his way. He agreed to help Din defend Grogu. There was a reason he did it. Just like there is a reason he let Black Krrsantan go.

Seriously, why do you ignore the what the show tells you and fill it with your head canon instead?

Krrsantan was not longer an active threat at the point he was let go because the Twins who he was working for at the time canceled the contract. Boba is not ruthless without reason.
    Destroying the fleeing transport does not help defend Grogu, it's an example of ruthlessness. They were no longer and active threat and they were not yet aware that Grogu had been taken.

Pointing out plot holes and discrepancies in how a character is portrayed from other canon sources does not equal head canon. So far in Book of Boba Fett he has been portrayed as ridiculously naive to the ways of the underworld despite having grown up in it. The first arc of the Bounty Hunters comic shows that he has experience with the syndicates being vindictive to the point that he hunts down and kills the bounty hunter that led a botched job he was a part of, this knowledge has apparently fled him by his time with the sand people.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurrora View Post
    Destroying the fleeing transport does not help defend Grogu, it's an example of ruthlessness. They were no longer and active threat and they were not yet aware that Grogu had been taken.
    They're Imperial Remnants. They're always an active threat.

Black Krrsantan is someone who might be useful to you later. Stormtroopers will never be useful to you at any point. That's not naivete, that's a pragmatic appraisal of your opponents.

7+ Year Old Account

Pointing out plot holes and discrepancies in how a character is portrayed from other canon sources does not equal head canon. So far in Book of Boba Fett he has been portrayed as ridiculously naive to the ways of the underworld despite having grown up in it. The first arc of the Bounty Hunters comic shows that he has experience with the syndicates being vindictive to the point that he hunts down and kills the bounty hunter that led a botched job he was a part of, this knowledge has apparently fled him by his time with the sand people.
    Except, they were and Boba Fett knew that? You are right on active, but they were still a threat given everything that happened.

If it was actually a plot hole in the series as it is shown to you, sure no problem pointing out. The difference is that it is a plot hole in your head canon for Fett.

And that Boba Fett had yet to go into the Sarlacc ... oh noes, how dare a character grow!
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Except, they were and Boba Fett knew that? You are right on active, but they were still a threat given everything that happened.

If it was actually a plot hole in the series as it is shown to you, sure no problem pointing out. The difference is that it is a plot hole in your head canon for Fett.

And that Boba Fett had yet to go into the Sarlacc ... oh noes, how dare a character grow!
    It’s the same people complaining in every thread. And they inevitably let their socio-political biases come through, and then will complain about a show’s socio-political leaning. All the while everyone else normal is just watching the show and not looking for socio-political messaging.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    They're Imperial Remnants. They're always an active threat.

Black Krrsantan is someone who might be useful to you later. Stormtroopers will never be useful to you at any point. That's not naivete, that's a pragmatic appraisal of your opponents.
    This, Krrsantan is a fellow Bounty Hunter, even if Boba has 'retired' from the Job he still has respect for the profession and those who practice it. Pragmatically, Krrsantan is still better off alive if Boba ever needs a Bounty Hunter to do work for him; killing him off would just remove a potential asset from the table.

Stormtroopers and the remnants are just plain evil goons, Boba never liked working for the Imperials when they ruled but made do collecting the paycheck; he wasn't going to let them go and potentially deal with the backlash of fighting them later for helping Din protect Grogu.

Know your enemy, show no mercy to those who do not understand the meaning of the word. You don't let someone who plans on killing you the second they are let go come back to finish the job.
    Last edited by Lothaeryn; 2022-01-16 at 09:49 AM.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    Know your enemy, show no mercy to those who do not understand the meaning of the word. You don't let someone who plans on killing you the second they are let go come back to finish the job.
    And yet, that's exactly what Boba did with the Pykes, despite the fact that he should know better, and that directly lead to the sand people getting wiped out. That's the problem people have.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    It’s the same people complaining in every thread. And they inevitably let their socio-political biases come through, and then will complain about a show’s socio-political leaning. All the while everyone else normal is just watching the show and not looking for socio-political messaging.
    Did you post in the wrong thread? What the feck are you on about? If you think people wanting Boba Fett to start cracking heads and breaking out the rockets and flamethrowers while cutting about on a jet pack has some deeper real world meaning then lols. Get a grip.

Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post

Krrsantan easily infiltrated his home base and kicked the shit out of him. He would have killed him easily if the slow and the slightly annoyed never showed up. No we all know the real reason he let him walk away is because he will be joining team Boba soon enough and i am fine with that. Now if that was not going to be the case it was madness to let him walk away and be hired by the next guy who will be your enemy. Even if he is Nice Guy Boba now who does not want to kill anyone he could have locked him up. Keep him in a cell till he inevitably join the team. That would make much more sense imho.

7+ Year Old Account
    Did you post in the wrong thread? What the feck are you on about? If you think people wanting Boba Fett to start cracking heads and breaking out the rockets and flamethrowers while cutting about on a jet pack has some deeper real world meaning then lols. Get a grip.

Krrsantan easily infiltrated his home base and kicked the shit out of him. He would have killed him easily if the slow and the slightly annoyed never showed up. No we all know the real reason he let him walk away is because he will be joining team Boba soon enough and i am fine with that. Now if that was not going to be the case it was madness to let him walk away and be hired by the next guy who will be your enemy. Even if he is Nice Guy Boba now who does not want to kill anyone he could have locked him up. Keep him in a cell till he inevitably join the team. That would make much more sense imho.
    Why do all of you argue because the show doesn't match what you want the show makes no sense? There is a difference between "not making sense" and not meeting your expectation.
    –The Sith Code

Why do all of you argue because the show doesn't match what you want the show makes no sense? There is a difference between "not making sense" and not meeting your expectation.
    Also said poster is the one who was whinging about Boba Fett being a social worker.

Same poster is also in other threads crying about how Wow will be 'sanitised of anything remotely offensive'. Same personality types everytime.

Because it doesn't make sense that Boba is portrayed as so naive to the workings of the underworld when he's worked in it for at least 20 years. It's ridiculous for him to take swings at two criminal organizations on behalf of the sand people and then be blindsided by their reprisal.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If he had grown... soft... how come Bib's dead and Boba sits on his throne?
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

7+ Year Old Account
    Because it doesn't make sense that Boba is portrayed as so naive to the workings of the underworld when he's worked in it for at least 20 years. It's ridiculous for him to take swings at two criminal organizations on behalf of the sand people and then be blindsided by their reprisal.
    Being a lacky and being a leader who wants to be different than those he served as a lacky for are pretty different things.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    If he had grown... soft... how come Bib's dead and Boba sits on his throne?
    You don't take a criminal throne without disposing of the person sitting on it.
    –The Sith Code

Being a lacky and being a leader who wants to be different than those he served as a lacky for are pretty different things.

- - - Updated - - -

You don't take a criminal throne without disposing of the person sitting on it.
    I wouldn't bother mate. They'll all circle back to something something woke in the end.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    I wouldn't bother mate. They'll all circle back to something something woke in the end.
    Yeah, I see that. It all goes back to "But he killed Bib without care!" Yes, because that is how you unseat a criminal leader. If you let him live, his supporters are just going to back him. Or they bring up him killing stormtroopers despite him agreeing to protect Grogu and how all his actions are 100% in line with that.

Boba literally goes "I don't intend to rule by fear." and people are going "wHy IsN't He RuLiNg By FeAr!?!?!"

Or they totally misunderstand the show itself has characters questioning Boba's decisions and wondering why the audience is made to question them.
    –The Sith Code

Boba literally goes "I don't intend to rule by fear." and people are going "wHy IsN't He RuLiNg By FeAr!?!?!"

Or they totally misunderstand the show itself has characters questioning Boba's decisions and wondering why the audience is made to question them.
    Yeah no. It is not that people misunderstand what he is doing it is that we just don't like it. If he is just going to talk his way out of trouble and make peace with everyone then that is what it is. It is fine if people like the way they are portraying Boba Fett but some people find it pretty boring. Same as bringing up the Stromtrooper scene. That was an awesome sequence. Now we know that we won't be getting that we can move on. I was hoping for a sci fi action adventure but like i said before they are going a different way. Sucks to be me i guess. Will join the Obi-Wan waiting room.

Yeah, I see that. It all goes back to "But he killed Bib without care!" Yes, because that is how you unseat a criminal leader. If you let him live, his supporters are just going to back him. Or they bring up him killing stormtroopers despite him agreeing to protect Grogu and how all his actions are 100% in line with that.

Yeah but Kathleen Kennedy.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah no. It is not that people misunderstand what he is doing it is that we just don't like it. If he is just going to talk his way out of trouble and make peace with everyone then that is what it is. It is fine if people like the way they are portraying Boba Fett but some people find it pretty boring. Same as bringing up the Stromtrooper scene. That was an awesome sequence. Now we know that we won't be getting that we can move on. I was hoping for a sci fi action adventure but like i said before they are going a different way. Sucks to be me i guess. Will join the Obi-Wan waiting room.
    Says I am wrong, literally just rewords my argument. I am pointing out your problems are literally because you had decided the show was going to be X, despite everything showing you Y.

Whatever helps you sleep at night. If you thought you were getting action adventure, did you not watch the trailers? Like there is action shown in the trailers but not nearly to the level of action shows have. I mean I saw more action in the Hawkeye trailers than for Book of Boba Fett.

You don't have to like the series, I don't really care if you do or do not. I care when you make objectively false claims about a series to argue the series is bad. If I want that stuff, I'll watch TVsins on the episodes.
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2022-01-16 at 02:48 PM.
    –The Sith Code

Says I am wrong, literally just rewords my argument.

Whatever helps you sleep at night
    Sleep at night? lol It is a tv show you like and i find boring. That is as complicated as things need to be.