Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

I can't believe we haven't seen characters like Varian, Saurfang and Rastakhan in SL

Seriously.

I mean, Anduin is an incredibly important character in Shadowlands and Varian died in Legion, shortly before Ysera. Saurfang and Rastakhan died only recently. I can't believe these characters weren't involved at all.

Or Cairne. They had Huln in Ardenweald. They couldn't have had Cairne?

Quote Originally Posted by kizcrew View Post
    Seriously.

I mean, Anduin is an incredibly important character in Shadowlands and Varian died in Legion, shortly before Ysera. Saurfang and Rastakhan died only recently. I can't believe these characters weren't involved at all.

Not done yet. You never know ...

10+ Year Old Account
    Varian was destroyed by Fel magic, which utterly destroys one's soul. It makes sense as to why he didn't go to the Shadowlands... dat boy dead dead.

This expac did have the potential of some serious fan-service-like situations of encountering characters that have been dead for a while. I totally forgot about Cairne, for example, and would have like to see an interaction with him and maybe Thrall (fuck Baine).

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    Varian was destroyed by Fel magic, which utterly destroys one's soul.
    Source on that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Saurfang and Rast died just recently and they already had their prominence in BfA. Blizz implemented characters that made sense in current story, like Uther showing the need for forgiveness and acceptance in Bastion (plus his connection to LK), or Kael'thas with his atonement in Revendreth. Also, too much of Azeroth souls would overshadow new characters.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2022-01-16 at 03:17 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Seriously.

Varian was imploded by Fel, chances are his soul was obliterated. Saurfang was, apparently used to create a trinket (dropped by Sylvanas - https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Old_Warrior%27s_Soul ) and Rastakhan is being kept by Bwonsamdi.
    Cairne could've been in Ardenweald, we see his soul/spirit in the Tauren Heritage Armor Questline though.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

7+ Year Old Account
    Source on that.
    Just google "fel magic". One of it's main characteristics is that it can obliterate someones soul completely. He is donezo.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Source on that.

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Fel...greater%20evil.

And this has been a thing for a while now.

Fel is fueled by drawing life from living beings and consuming their souls, utterly destroying them in the process
    World of Warcraft: Chronicle Volume 1

Sometimes you can Google stuff.

I lost all my hopes in lore since 7.3 and how handled Sargeras who randomly popped dry-humping Azeroth while we destroy his base. Lol....

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Just google "fel magic". One of it's main characteristics is that it can obliterate someones soul completely. He is donezo.
    "can" being the keyword here

7+ Year Old Account
    I mean sure, we don't know 100%, but it is much more probable his soul is gone. And him not showing in SL when Anduin is there and in such a bind only fortifies that.

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Fel...greater%20evil.

And this has been a thing for a while now.

Sometimes you can Google stuff.
    Oh my god. Did you read what it says? It says fel magic is fueled by drawing life from living beings and consuming their souls. That doesn't mean that anyone killed by fel magic automatically has their soul destroyed. It means the fel magic Gul'dan used to destroy Varian was fueled by the souls of others. Similar to how Gul'dan operates the Dark Portal in the Warcraft movie, by sucking the souls out of the Draenei. Souls are fuel.

Did you see Gul'dan suck Varian's soul out?

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh my god. Did you read what it says? It says fel magic is fueled by drawing life from living beings and consuming their souls. That doesn't mean that anyone killed by fel magic automatically has their soul destroyed. It means the fel magic Gul'dan used to destroy Varian was fueled by the souls of others. Similar to how Gul'dan operates the Dark Portal in the Warcraft movie, by sucking the souls out of the Draenei. Souls are fuel.

Did you see Gul'dan suck Varian's soul out?

It's almost like you didn't continue reading anything more about Fel magic in that link.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    I mean sure, we don't know 100%, but it is much more probable his soul is gone. And him not showing in SL when Anduin is there and in such a bind only fortifies that.
    No, it's not. It 's especially improbable considering he is an important character, and they're not gonna burn any bridges on that.
    Last edited by kizcrew; 2022-01-16 at 03:30 PM.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Fel alters and destroys souls. That's just how it is. Varian is gone and done.

It's almost like you didn't continue reading anything more about Fel magic in that link.
    I didn't even click the link. I read the bit that you quoted. Because surely you thought that the bit you quoted proves your case, right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Fel alters and destroys souls. That's just how it is. Varian is gone and done.
    Why was Medivh's soul not destroyed then, when he died?

7+ Year Old Account
    No, it's not. It 's especially improbably considering he is an important character, and they're not gonna burn any bridges on that.
    Oh, okay. It seems that you specifically made this thread just to argue with others that "nononononon Varian (and the rest) is defo "alive" and will be back at some point". And lol @ "too important to die", like killing off important characters does not happen in works of fiction. Ye well, GL with waiting for them, because if they didn't appear in the expac focused on the afterlife, they wont appear at all in the future.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2022-01-16 at 03:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't even click the link.

You asked for a source, and I gave you the source. So you admit you don't want to be honest.

I read the bit that you quoted. Because surely you thought that the bit you quoted proves your case, right?

No I quote a part from the entire source you asked for. You decided to argue over the quoted part. That was your mistake.

Your choice to not to exercise due diligence because you think you got everything you already need is still your fault.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    I didn't even click the link. I read the bit that you quoted. Because surely you thought that the bit you quoted proves your case, right?

- - - Updated - - -

Why was Medivh's soul not destroyed then, when he died?
    Because Medivh wasn't corrupted by fel or killed by the fel. It seems like you are mixing game lore with movie lore here.

Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    I lost all my hopes in lore since 7.3 and how handled Sargeras who randomly popped dry-humping Azeroth while we destroy his base. Lol....
    I think 7.3 is the definitive end of any credibility WoW storytelling still had.

with that said, I think the writers probably realise that reusing the same characters over and over and bringing them from the dead multiple times is bit of a cringe, so they opted to not pull an Avengers and bring ALL the characters back from the grave.

But at the same time, they DID pull Thrall from the (story) grave for SL, so idk