Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Your character starting with Shadowlands doesn't make much sense: Remember the questline in Bastion where it reads where you leveled before entering the shadowlands?

They probably realize BFA is not a great way to introduce these characters to people, but starting with Shadowlands is even worse.
    And because of this, there is no way they will make new characters in 10.0 start two expansions back. Especially if one of the themes of 10.0 is faction neutrality, it would be crazy to start new players off with the war.

Having new people start in SL would be silly, and having people start in BFA will likely go against the themes of 10.0, especially if Tyrande spares Sylvanas which signals the symbolic “end” of AvH.

Remember the whole “new book” thing, why wouldn’t they have a start over point?

Not to mention that BFA and SL set up a new racial storyline for almost every race that can be used for new old world questlines. SL in particular sets up King Turalyon, Nelves forgiving the Horde and Voljin as a loa. Also Thralls return to shamanism (finally)
    Last edited by Wharren; 2022-01-16 at 04:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wharren View Post
    And because of this, there is no way they will make new characters in 10.0 start two expansions back. Especially if one of the themes of 10.0 is faction neutrality, it would be crazy to start new players off with the war.
    Whoa, roll that back. They said "it might be a good idea to make raiding cross-faction" not "one of the themes of 10.0 is faction neutrality" those are two wildly different ideas. They literally designed the "new players start in BFA then go to Shadowlands" experience when they were making Shadowlands, they're not going to immediately change it again. Your proposing they completely redo their "brand new player experience" after exactly one (1) expansion. Whatever they do in 10.0 they were definitely designing Chromie Timewalking with it in mind.

7+ Year Old Account
    What exactly is still left to test on the ptr?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Reveal for sure will bring some people for 9.2, it always work that way. So imo they want release 9.2 ASAP to make reveal still in Q1.

Better question is how they will handle it. They hands are tied for various reasons, but just youtube video sounds really lame. I really hope it will be something similar to Legion reveal panel, even without or with very limited audience.
    They are going to announce a big livestream and reveal the expansion there, ala Blizzconline.

They are not going to bastardize an expansion reveal by silently uploading a video, and a reveal with live audience is very much out of the question.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2022-01-16 at 05:41 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    What exactly is still left to test on the ptr?
    M+ affix, I think. Not sure if all 8 bosses got testes on Mythic yet.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    M+ affix, I think. Not sure if all 8 bosses got testes on Mythic yet.

Do we even know what the next seasonal M+ affix is going to be? I remember seeing a thing saying it was in an encrypted build but nothing after that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    Do we even know what the next seasonal M+ affix is going to be? I remember seeing a thing saying it was in an encrypted build but nothing after that.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account

Hmmm... this reads to me like a mix between Tormented again and either Infested rules, Reaping rules, or Prideful rules.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    Hmmm... this reads to me like a mix between Tormented again and either Infested rules, Reaping rules, or Prideful rules.
    I like tormented if only for the cool buffs you get so some new version of it is cool.

I say this now though ;..;
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Whoa, roll that back. They said "it might be a good idea to make raiding cross-faction" not "one of the themes of 10.0 is faction neutrality" those are two wildly different ideas. They literally designed the "new players start in BFA then go to Shadowlands" experience when they were making Shadowlands, they're not going to immediately change it again. Your proposing they completely redo their "brand new player experience" after exactly one (1) expansion. Whatever they do in 10.0 they were definitely designing Chromie Timewalking with it in mind.
    The reason I think that we are getting faction neutrality as a big expansion theme is because it’s not in Shadowlands. It absolutely should be, as we are in another world and with new factions, but its held back by story reasons: namely Tyrande vs Sylvanas. People even asked multiple times this expansion and you see the devs being more and more responsive about cross-faction grouping. Lately it’s been almost confirmed by Ion.

So why is it not in this expansion? Because again it’s likely held back by the end of the Tyrande vs Sylvanas storyline, as they are the last “remnants” of the faction war storyline from BFA. Even if Sylvanas isn’t Horde in SL she still represents them against Tyrande: and when Tyrande spares her and exiles her at the literal epilogue of the SL story it will symbolize Nelves quashing their beef with the Horde (though there will be dissent ofc both in game with NPCs and the fans).

So they are building up to a big story moment to tie faction cooperation into the next expansion, and that’s the last big Horde hating NPC from the Alliance chilling out (and even thanking Horde players even if she says she doesn’t trust them).

Why would they wait this long to let faction balance fester through SL instead of just switching on faction coop? Because they have big plans for it beyond it just being a gameplay function, and with new leaders like Calia and Gazlowe (and the inevitable return of Thrall) we’re probably going to see cities open up where both sides are allowed to hang out.

tl;dr They are building up faction coop too much for it to be as simple as a gamemode toggle. It may be an expansion box feature and if there’s a revamp it may play a big part in the story.

If they wanted factions at some kind of war forever we’d have a new Warchief.
    Last edited by Wharren; 2022-01-16 at 06:01 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    The reason I think that we are getting faction neutrality as a big expansion theme is because it’s not in Shadowlands. It absolutely should be, as we are in another world and with new factions, but its held back by story reasons: namely Tyrande vs Sylvanas. People even asked multiple times this expansion and you see the devs being more and more responsive about cross-faction grouping. Lately it’s been almost confirmed by Ion.
    The main reason would be rather a fact that majority of serious PvE players are on Horde side, and making it cross faction is just healthy for the game. Story will be tailored towards that, and it already is.

The main reason would be rather a fact that majority of serious PvE players are on Horde side, and making it cross faction is just healthy for the game. Story will be tailored towards that, and it already is.
    Right, that’s the primary reason, but they didn’t have to alter the setting and story so hard, implying it will be more than just a gameplay feature and may be around forever/the new status quo.

7+ Year Old Account
    Right, that’s the primary reason, but they didn’t have to alter the setting and story so hard, implying it will be more than just a gameplay feature and may be around forever/the new status quo.
    Well, it would make zero sense to have cross play in BfA, given the theme and that one of the raids is purely Horde vs Alliance. Similarly in SL, Sylvi has to be done with, as she was the main reason for the conflict. After that is free slate.

Well, it would make zero sense to have cross play in BfA, given the theme and that one of the raids is purely Horde vs Alliance. Similarly in SL, Sylvi has to be done with, as she was the main reason for the conflict. After that is free slate.
    Again, right, though Tyrande vs Sylvanas is more symbolic. My point was that faction coop will play into 10.0+ and may be the new baseline of WoW moreso than just a “gameplay mode” that isn’t canon.

7+ Year Old Account
    Again, right, though Tyrande vs Sylvanas is more symbolic. My point was that faction coop will play into 10.0+ and may be the new baseline of WoW moreso than just a “gameplay mode” that isn’t canon.
    Actually, coop was canon for quite some time, since certain raids and events were a unified effort.

So, after mulling over this a bit, I think that WoW honestly does not need a new class at this point, or ever really, but could clearly use something that freshens up the current class gameplay. However, I don't think something like an additional specialization for each class is feasible either.

Let's assume that 10.0 is The Dragon Isles, then I think a new drakonid/dragonkin race is definitely in order. Something like Worgen human/drakonid form would definitely be cool.

But in terms of adding in something new for classes, I think they should and actually might just go for a system of shared abilities that you can pull from to customize your current class/spec combo. Less restrictions than Covenant Abilities, probably double the amount actually available, and just encouraging taking bits and pieces of what you like and really selling that class customization fantasy. Covenants gave you a specific ability based on your specialization, but this would be pulling from a grab bag of abilities (kinda like PvP talents) that would be class-agnostic. You take 2-3 and use it to customize your specialization.
    Last edited by Edward Wu; 2022-01-16 at 06:37 PM.

If we get cross-faction play I hope it isn't just limited to raids, as they've sort of implied recently.

The story has been leaning toward cross-faction play fairly hard since the end of Battle for Azeroth and Saurfang's speech about breaking the cycle, but the story has been capable of cross-faction since launch. The whole point of Warcraft III was to move the evil of the Orcish Horde into the Burning Legion, leaving the Horde as good guys alongside the Alliance and new Night Elven faction. Also, basically every expansion at some point has culminated in the factions working together, and the most heroic characters have tended to be effectively neutral for their relevant plot or outright neutral all along. It's even been a theme before, like in Mists of Pandaria, which had an epilogue that basically said we have learned our lesson now and shouldn't have any more wars.

PvP is the only place where a complete lack of cross-faction options has made sense (and even then, hard-coded teams is a bad thing for PvP balance which is why Mercenary Mode happened).

The main reason to feel this time is different is the way Ion and co. have been talking about it, but in game the story's been ready for it for a long time.

Edit:
    Actually, coop was canon for quite some time, since certain raids and events were a unified effort.
    Beat me to it. ;P

Quote Originally Posted by cantrip View Post
    Actually he is game director of World of Warcraft and he is responsible for what the game develops to. And obviously Hazzikostas only concern is raiding and mythic+, otherwise he created a shitshow for any other player group. That is, in cooperation with Steve Danuser who does the lore part. Without the lawyer being a horrible game director the game actually could be good and fun for everyone who played the game and left up to now. And Danusers storytelling (i mean.. Sylvanas being infested by the jailer, yet responsible for her actions? Tyrande forgiving Sylvanas after all she did? A battle between Turalyon and Anduin? Anduin becoming .. undead? Retcon after Retcon?) .. what .. bullshit .. is this?

There is only one way WoW improves: Hazzikostas gets fired or leaves. Danuser gets fired of leaves. I heard Greg Street looks for people who design his new MMORPG. Probably Ion should get a job in Ghostcrawlers new Cosby suite.

I really wonder Street did not hire Afrasiabi yet. I mean, everyone could use a game developer who has a fridge full of cold beer. Alcoholics often have the best ideas. As like beer drinking Pandas being the main feature of an expac.
    Ok so the guy you believe is only making the game for raiders and m+ has been responsible for
    Benthic gear being better than mythic
    Worst raid balance and scaling
    The removal of master loot
    The ilvl trade lock
    The m+ score upgrade system
    Covenants

He’s making it for raiders…and gets corrected about how raiders act in interviews

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ExiHext View Post
    I guess that's a VERY out of context quotation of this tweet from last year:

Sorry I still don't get how to post pictures directly.
    I hate that egotistical cunt
    Comparing people who say “so the game is being delayed” to his rapist coworkers is a fun hill

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Dont lose faith brother, we will find what we are looking for

- - - Updated - - -

Seems like over the weekend the leak amount has really sped up
    I am ready for the zidormii revamps

- - - Updated - - -

Ya know the best way to bring in cross faction is with a story that points out how dumb the separation is and we have a few characters that agree with it…like wrathion

Quote Originally Posted by Jokubas View Post
    If we get cross-faction play I hope it isn't just limited to raids, as they've sort of implied recently.

The story has been leaning toward cross-faction play fairly hard since the end of Battle for Azeroth and Saurfang's speech about breaking the cycle, but the story has been capable of cross-faction since launch. The whole point of Warcraft III was to move the evil of the Orcish Horde into the Burning Legion, leaving the Horde as good guys alongside the Alliance and new Night Elven faction. Also, basically every expansion at some point has culminated in the factions working together, and the most heroic characters have tended to be effectively neutral for their relevant plot or outright neutral all along. It's even been a theme before, like in Mists of Pandaria, which had an epilogue that basically said we have learned our lesson now and shouldn't have any more wars.

PvP is the only place where a complete lack of cross-faction options has made sense (and even then, hard-coded teams is a bad thing for PvP balance which is why Mercenary Mode happened).

The main reason to feel this time is different is the way Ion and co. have been talking about it, but in game the story's been ready for it for a long time.

Edit:

Beat me to it. ;P
    I don’t think it will be limited to raids if they are waiting for a story beat to do it. It wouldn’t make sense for both sides to (mostly) forgive each other and then have them only cooperate in instances.

Even if it’s not coop in the story, they will probably lower the mandatory language barriers and let everyone group up for anything. Dungeons, quests, raids, RP, whatever.

Otherwise they would’ve done it in SL already, if it was just for raids its just a gameplay mechanic and there’s no reason to wait to turn it on.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    April? ish(The 10.0 reveal)
    Most likely April-ish.

Blizzard is nothing if not predictable, which is great because Square Enix is nothing but predictable.

We will be getting something around the start of April, either 9.2 (heaven forbid) or 10.0 reveal.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Jokubas View Post

Edit:

Beat me to it. ;P
    Well, cross faction PvP already exists.
    And if raids are cross-faction, then I don't see a reason why other PvE content cannot be. Purely technical speaking it would be more difficult to restrict cross faction play to raids only.