Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    sunk cost fallacy
    Do you actually know what a sunk cost fallacy is?
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

We're just at ever-shifting goalposts and sunk cost fallacy on a game that never met what he ever expected to happen, but apparently needs to be defended at all costs.
    Yup I fully believe one of them is paid to defend this game, one of them is just clueless and a blind defender of the game. Both of them give incorrect information and try to defend the game no matter what it does. It is just funny you can go back SIX years and see the SAME exact lines defending the game just changing the number of the year to try and make it not look as bad as it really is. But don't worry they got soooooo many people watching on Twitch!

- - - Updated - - -

Going back in this thread is wild. People were so hopeful/optimistic. No wonder this thread is generally dead now.
    And some people were allowed to run unchecked in the thread which is typical of many threads here. I mean the thread is generally dead because it is 2022 and this game is no where fucking close to ever being released with the stuff they promised.

How is Twitch still being used as any sort of meaningful metric?
    Its depressing how predictable the BS is.
    It's not that hard, you take online games of similar genres and specially games as a service (GaaS). The ones recurrently doing better in terms of engagement are the ones doing better in terms of player and funding. Twitch is just one of the tools one can use to observe said engagement. Which is why so many companies allocate some of their marketing budget to twitch streamers. Apex Legends marketing campaign was mostly invested in having streamers playing the game at launch for example.

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    Funding a game especially an MMO never stops, all the money is to further develop the game, you know what you are giving money for so its a personal choice to spend money buying ships or not, the player is helping the company develop and getting rewarded with something they want ingame. CiG are developing the game most space gamers want and thats and are constantly proving they can deliver a true space game that has a little bit of everything in it.
    Other MMOs (those worth talking about anyway) have had actual working releases they built up on, and realistic goals. They're not trying to be the ultimate game doing everything like SC is while leaving most of it non-functional after close to a decade of development and literal hundreds of millions of budget with so little to show for it. You're not getting "rewarded" much at all.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Other MMOs (those worth talking about anyway) have had actual working releases they built up on, and realistic goals. They're not trying to be the ultimate game doing everything like SC is while leaving most of it non-functional after close to a decade of development and literal hundreds of millions of budget with so little to show for it. You're not getting "rewarded" much at all.
    The goals are realistic for star citizen so what are you talking about, all current MMOs these days are just average games now, developers need to evolve and build a new generation of game, thats what star citizen is the next gen of MMO gaming, doing things other developers are too scared to even try. The current generation of games has become stagnant, it is rare something really good comes along.

CiG have plenty to show for what they have done, its not any less than other expensive games currently made like cyberpunk and RDR2 which also cost hundreds of millions and are just one single map area following a story. The current version of the alpha is more than what many games fully released are.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

The goals are realistic for star citizen so what are you talking about
    Sure taking 9 years and still not being closed to a finished product was 'realistic' That is why they've always told the fans this could be a 10+ year project. Oh wait, they never did that.

- - - Updated - - -

all current MMOs these days are just average games now
    What a load of shit. And wrong btw.

- - - Updated - - -

developers need to evolve and build a new generation of game, thats what star citizen is the next gen of MMO gaming
    Next gen is getting fans to foot 400+ million of a bill and still not have a complete game after 9 years. Next gen indeed.

- - - Updated - - -

doing things other developers are too scared to even try.
    Like failing to get server mesh implemented. Failing to release a game after 9 years. Trying to beat games like Duke Nukem Forever in total amount of years needed to launch? WOO!

- - - Updated - - -

The current generation of games has become stagnant, it is rare something really good comes along.
    LOL yeah okay kenn. Whatever you say brah.

- - - Updated - - -

CiG have plenty to show for what they have done
    Like the most robust cash shop in existence? They show how often they have to push back features and miss dates they set. They have a glorified tech demo with not a lot to do, but yeah sure that is 'plenty'. Not even much of a fraction of what they promised.

- - - Updated - - -

its not any less than other expensive games currently made like cyberpunk and RDR2 which also cost hundreds of millions
    Yeah I didn't know RDR2 and Cyberpunk were used with crowdfunded money. Oh you mean they weren't!? Then who fucking cares if they spent 1 billion dollars to make a game, it is their money.

- - - Updated - - -

and are just one single map area following a story. The current version of the alpha is more than what many games fully released are.
    Yeah RDR2 may have been just one 'single map' but it was a far more entertaining game loop than anything SC has shit out.

- - - Updated - - -

The current version of the alpha is more than what many games fully released are.
    More spewed crap to listen to yourself I guess. More what than fully released games, More bugs? More crashes? More limitations on server size? More server meshing? Oh wait that one we can't talk about. Where is the single player game? Who knows!

If you think SC's buggy, shitty alpha is better than fully released games then I'm sure you'd have some proof, such as things you guys love to rely on like Twitch right? So since SC is so good it must be the number one game on twitch, right? Oh, you mean it is under things like: Garry's Mod, Team Fortress 2, EVE Online (LOL EVE is even ahead of SC right now on Twitch).

If you still wanna use it, I looked earlier and there were a total of 3.9k people watching the game on Twitch. Around 2k of those were from just 2 streamers, one at about 1k and the other around 900, the rest were smattered over 9/10 other streamers. Hardly amazes.
    When I looked it had 2k, less than Eve Online did at the time. LOL

- - - Updated - - -

That is not at all how that works. Number of viewers does not equate to number of players or level of funding. This is why it continues to be a meaningless metric.

If you still wanna use it, I looked earlier and there were a total of 3.9k people watching the game on Twitch. Around 2k of those were from just 2 streamers, one at about 1k and the other around 900, the rest were smattered over 9/10 other streamers. Hardly amazes.

But again, someone watching a game does not equal someone playing said game.

- - - Updated - - -

Some of the vitriol from supporters so sure the game would be released soon and was "revolutionary!" was certainly interesting to see given what we know now, so many years later.
    It is interesting to see how that evolved over the years and what 'defenders' of the game stuck around and which of them stepped away gracefully as this game became more and more of a 2016? 2017? 2018? 2022? guessing game to when it ever fucking comes out. 2027?

That interview from the other days says they expect to be running a popular MMO by 2026, so it would have no choice but to release before then.
    Haha oh yeah AND they want multiple sequels to the single player thing which is no where near to coming out. Good Grief.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    When I looked it had 2k, less than Eve Online did at the time. LOL
    And eve has been on a massive downward spiral for the past 2 years. No big wars going on and devs fucking it up at every single chance they get. Also eve is a horrible game to stream imo but thats from someone who played it for 9 years.

That interview from the other days says they expect to be running a popular MMO by 2026, so it would have no choice but to release before then.
    "Those were suggestions, never any promises, they will release the game when it is ready"

But again, someone watching a game does not equal someone playing said game.
    That's my favorite part about Mr. Andy's Twitch schpeel. Someone watching a game doesn't even equal something liking said game, let alone playing it.

15+ Year Old Account
    I decided to wait on Star Citizen until a few months ago. Glad I did. None of the heartache, drama, or fanboism for me. Now I'm playing it every day and have uninstalled almost all other games. This is the only game for me from now on. (~500 hours since November 18th - self employed/don't work in the winter).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MuricaIsDead View Post
    I decided to wait on Star Citizen until a few months ago. Glad I did. None of the heartache, drama, or fanboism for me. Now I'm playing it every day and have uninstalled almost all other games. This is the only game for me from now on. (~500 hours since November 18th - self employed/don't work in the winter).
    nice. what do u do in the game?
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

Quote Originally Posted by MuricaIsDead View Post
    Oh no! Now you've done it. Not only you've dared to say you have fun playing Star Citizen but that it's been your main game and you've manage to pour 500~ hours into it.

Be prepared to be called a shill and being on CIG payroll by folks who never played it once.

Do you think that everyone voicing criticism of SC hasn't so much as even played it during free events?
    I did love my 15 minute fall after clipping trough the floor after not even half an hour into the game, fun stuff.

If that's a 1-on-1, I just can't wait to see those big space fights with 50-man ships fighting eachother.
    Last edited by banmebaby; 2022-01-20 at 07:57 PM.
    Ahahahaha!

Making the most of that feature creep like a Bawse:

Oh, hey, you're back after another 24 hour vanishing act, followed by ignoring any replies within that 24 hours. Lemme try again.

Do you think that everyone voicing criticism of SC hasn't so much as even played it during free events?
    You won’t get one, the same way I didn’t get an answer to why everyone else in here needs to be corrected when stating that the game hasn’t been released yet while he has been claiming that the game is both, released and not-released, depending on what’s convenient. All you will get is a loop of YouTube videos and bragging about Twitch views and crowdfunded money, it’s sort of like talking to filler NPC in an RPG, very basic AI with no dialogue options.

Oh, hey, you're back after another 24 hour vanishing act, followed by ignoring any replies within that 24 hours. Lemme try again.

Ohhh a whole 24 hour missing, I didn't knew I had to be on call, much less waste more time explaining basic concepts of how Twitch numbers and player engagement are correlated with online games popularity and overall growth or how games don't need to be "finished" or "officially released" to be considered released, playable and enjoyed by their communities.

I mean it's perfectly ok not enjoying a game or company or a product or a lifestyle. Whatever frustration or grieve you have doesn't really matter to anyone else though, much less to those actually enjoying said things. So there's no needed to go back and forth around useless topics again and again when there's so many wonderful games out there to enjoy in a cold winter night:

PS- Surprise on the new PTU patch (Note: Evocati now has access to the new HoverQuad on the PTU!

Taking a look.
    Last edited by MrAnderson; 2022-01-21 at 08:45 PM.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Mr. Ando you do realize you proved both of the previous posters correct right?

1. You did not answer UnifiedDivide's question "Do you think that everyone voicing criticism of SC hasn't so much as even played it during free events?"

2. You came back and responded just like a filler NPC that just say the same 3 to 4 lines over and over with no dialogue options, and posting a new video, like Codexian pointed out.

I have to say it is impressive how they called it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Antipathy1018 View Post
    Mr. Ando you do realize you proved both of the previous posters correct right?

1. You did not answer UnifiedDivide's question "Do you think that everyone voicing criticism of SC hasn't so much as even played it during free events?"

2. You came back and responded just like a filler NPC that just say the same 3 to 4 lines over and over with no dialogue options, and posting a new video, like Codexian pointed out.

I have to say it is impressive how they called it though.
    You do realise that there is no discussion in this thread, its ppl who for some reason hate that a company is developing a very ambitious game and are actually delivering on it at a reasonable rate, the rest of us are fine with waiting for the game to be developed however long it takes for it to be ready.

Noone is doing a game anywhere near like star citizen so the ppl who like the game are more than happy to wait for it.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen