10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    Tbh eagles are doing better than I expected
    Indeed. After last night's game, this isn't nearly as embarrassing by comparison.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Indeed. After last night's game, this isn't nearly as embarrassing by comparison.
    They had stops on D and chances on O, Hurts couldn't capitalize. The weak late attempt at fair catch was the killer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    That whistle doesn't go, Moehrig doesn't slow down and knocks Boyd out the back of the end zone. He might catch it, but in bounds? You even see him pull up his run while the ball is still in flight.

So no, it's not obvious.
    Boyd was rubbing inwards towards the end zone at the time the throw was made. Ol dude isn’t changing his pursuit, squaring up, and hitting him out of bounds. At best he’s in a slightly better position to contest the throw but he’s not hitting Boyd until a few frames after the ball is in his hands. Before this game Boyd hasn’t dropped a single pass all season. The play was there.

My entire family are Falcons fans, so I’ve seen a lot of Desmond Trufant. Dude is a press corner that stay having his hands on receivers after 5 yards. I wouldn’t be surprised if Jamar and Trufant were doing that every snap and the refs decided to “let them play”

Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    Wilson not going to Chicago was the rare outcome where all 4 sides lose because nothing good happened with russ or seattle, bears went nowhere, and Fields wasn't ready.
    Fields is a bust. Glad the Falcons passed on him

10+ Year Old Account
    The biggest takeaway I'm getting from this game so far is how Nickelodeon hit on a gem with Spongebob 23 years ago, and hasn't managed to replace it since.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    You act like they got suspended over that one incident and not being consistently awful throughout, their officiating got worse after that.

I'm actually surprised more Bengals aren't pissed that the referees totally ignored a time out call on the defence that led to 12 men on the field and a free hit on Burrow, that could have gone disastrously.

As to why New York didn't call in? No idea, ask them.
    Oh, we are. It’s just that we won so it’s not in the front of discussion currently.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Fields is a bust. Glad the Falcons passed on him
    Not sure how anyone can write him (or any QB under Nagy) off so quickly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NotBigzo View Post
    Agreed. Fields looked fine for what he is (a rookie) and from where he was (in a Nagy "system", heavy air quotes). Let's see him with an off season with an actual coach and an actual plan on offense.

The only downside for him is that Chicago always seems to go for the defensive coaches, and then when they didn't they ended up with Nagy, so they might decide that defensive coaches are the smarter play after getting burnt, which would probably not benefit Fields, unless they bring a good OC with them (certainly possible, see Vrabel and LaFleur for the Titans when Vrabel started there).

Oh, we are. It’s just that we won so it’s not in the front of discussion currently.

- - - Updated - - -

People are so quick to write off rookie QBs especially. They don't want to invest any time or be patient at all. Seems like some fans just don't care about them unless their first game they are playing like an MVP or OROY.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Yes they totally lied to screw the Raiders. It couldn't have been that the refs were just fucking incompetent and made a mistake during the play and compounded it by believing the whistle happened after.

If you’re already god a bad rap and skating on thin ice (many refs are contrary to popular beleif) your first reaction to making a major mistake is to cover your ass.

If you’re already god a bad rap and skating on thin ice (many refs are contrary to popular beleif) your first reaction to making a major mistake is to cover your ass.
    So they 'covered their asses' by making it worse and saying they heard a whistle after the catch? When they could have easily been told that isn't what happened and made the correct call thanks to the 'Sky Judge' that has been used. Yeah okay. Sure they took the path of saying the whistle was after the catch and stood by it because they like making the worst choice possible? I'm missing the logic here.

10+ Year Old Account
    toss the team in the trash. We're so undisciplined and the offense is so inconsistent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    toss the team in the trash. We're so undisciplined and the offense is so inconsistent.
    The 49ers defense is also excellent... as long as they're not giving up pass interference penalties.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Well Dallas is back in this game..

15+ Year Old Account
    Dumbass final play
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

Wow, insane ending. No idea why they did a run there, was it planned that way?

10+ Year Old Account
    Woooooooooooooow.

What a messed up ending. The whole thing.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

How fucking stupid was that playcall. Wow. Like you're counting on a slow ass old ref to run up to touch the ball to set it ready for play? Good God.

That ref needs to be fired. Thats fucking twice he stopped dallas from snapping the ball

How fucking stupid was that playcall. Wow.
    Romo said he ran too long, I just can't see why they didn't pass.

10+ Year Old Account
    How fucking stupid was that playcall. Wow.
    Thank you, Cowboys, for salvaging that game ending for us.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by babalou1 View Post
    That ref needs to be fired. Thats fucking twice he stopped dallas from snapping the ball
    Uh, the Cowboys' O-line blocked the ref out. It's not the ref's fault.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils