Quote Originally Posted by cantrip View Post
    Do not believe any lies Hazzikostas is going to tell you, also do not believe any promises they make. They neither know player agency nor will ever care about it. The only thing the current game director cares about is his raiding game. And that actually is the problem with World of Warcraft.

It is unlikely 10.0 will bring any better game. People hoped for that in 9.0. They hoped for that in 8.0. And every time, players got disappointed. The only thing that will stop them from creating shit is if people stop buying their shit. I for one hope for the end of WoW in consequence of another bad try in 10.0, but unfortunately players always hope WoW will be better in the next expac, so they buy it. Just to get disappointed and to leave one month after release.
    Which is why the reveal of the Expansion already has to be big. Almost in the way of "back to the roots" of some sorts, with a new Class (or even two, who knows?) and more to do that is fun, but not forced.

Its pretty much a 50/50. If the Expansion reveal itself already looks to be barebones, good night World of Warcraft, 20 years have been enough. When even the Sheep leave the Game you know you goofed.

But they can still turn this around. They have the money, they have the time, they perhaps have the people. It does not take a genius to look back to the previous Expansions and do what worked regards Classes and Content. You just have to play Video Games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    It just sounded ominous as if he would save that info for future use to something, that's all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Next class is Necromancer. Tinker will never happen.

You read first here.
    Oh yeah?

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    canonically nobody actually lived in the city or the undercity. They lived in Brill.
    Okay that doesn't answer my question, and opens whole new ones; Did no one really live in Undercity?!? Where is that from??

It is this hope which made 13 millions players buy Shadowlands.
    Where did you get this number? The up-to-the-first-day sales figure was less than 4 million.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

We already were at the point that Hazzikostas is responsible for everything that happens to the game nowadays. Watcher is the guy who destroyed World of Warcraft for many of its players.

I call watcher incompetent. Watcher and Danuser. That is all i talk about.

Yes, they are. Only around 1,5 mio players of 13 mio players which is around 11% of the players played it at start of the expac. Now it is 380.000. Regarding the numbers Bellular quotes it is less than 2 active subs in total now. Seems mythic+ players are more loyal. But they do not pay boosts. The casual gamers pay boosts. Now imagine the game had 6 million casual gamers, and not just 1 million.

Boosting and subs are the main income of the game. Whales would mean blizzard would sell items for thousand dollar each. They just sell tokens to normal players for a few bucks, which is as toxic as P2W, but always allows blizzard to argument it is not pay to win because it needs someone to farm the gold. Which does not change you buy services like raid boosts for real money, even with a step between.

I tell you, boosting has made the trade chat a shitshow. Boosting is one of the many reasons players leave. Because playing in groups was replaced by boosting people for gold.

They could keep the token, it would still sell much better if the game had 10 million players instead of 2 million players. In the end, the game would be way more successfull, in every single aspect, if they created a fun experience.
    Ok so you agree that using the raiders and m+ participation doesn’t mean that the game only has 2m players

Congratulations now you just need to realize that the game director doesn’t get to say “hey make this system work like that”

There are players that max out the amount of tokens they can buy which means they spend more than a single sub in fact 3 tokens equal 4 subs so for every 3 tokens sold you are actually getting the same amount of income as 4 subs

Kotick will place more emphasis on getting token sales than worrying about subs evidenced by the amount of store garbage over this expansion

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Where did you get this number? The up-to-the-first-day sales figure was less than 4 million.
    I don't know, but i'd advise against smelling them.

7+ Year Old Account
    To add to the M+ participation numbers dropping, it really isn't a fair estimate as even in my guild (Semi-casual, we do raid mythic but usually don't clear it before next raid) the participation has went down in M+ over the months even if the people are still subbed and active, most people got their BIS drop from dungeons and aren't bothered that much with pushing keys. I for example while I have been subbed for all of SL and play almost daily have not done a M+ in over 2 months I think.

Now to get on the actual topic of this thread, I really wish that at least a part of that one leak for 10.0 is true where it talked that after 9.2 we will be getting a "Season of Mastery" like patch touring the different raids of the past, be it just as a patch or as a prelude to remember the old world before it changes once again.
    I mean we can almost be sure that 10.0 wont come this year since Alpha for previous expansions usually started in the coming weeks, and having a year of 9.2 probably wouldn't suffice. The World Tour Season Of Mastery might be easier to develop than an entire content patch and would help out with the drought
    I guess what I'm saying is that I just don't want 9.2 to be the last content patch
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    To add to the M+ participation numbers dropping, it really isn't a fair estimate as even in my guild (Semi-casual, we do raid mythic but usually don't clear it before next raid) the participation has went down in M+ over the months even if the people are still subbed and active, most people got their BIS drop from dungeons and aren't bothered that much with pushing keys. I for example while I have been subbed for all of SL and play almost daily have not done a M+ in over 2 months I think.

Now to get on the actual topic of this thread, I really wish that at least a part of that one leak for 10.0 is true where it talked that after 9.2 we will be getting a "Season of Mastery" like patch touring the different raids of the past, be it just as a patch or as a prelude to remember the old world before it changes once again.
    I mean we can almost be sure that 10.0 wont come this year since Alpha for previous expansions usually started in the coming weeks, and having a year of 9.2 probably wouldn't suffice. The World Tour Season Of Mastery might be easier to develop than an entire content patch and would help out with the drought
    I guess what I'm saying is that I just don't want 9.2 to be the last content patch
    Yeah the massive gaps between content patches aren't helping the situation, and probably excaberate things.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I'm honestly very happy to see that MMO-Champion has actually become fun again. I'm sincerely shocked and pleased by the number of fake leaks, shitposts, and locked threads that aren't about politics.

Quote Originally Posted by Wharren View Post
    The reason I think that we are getting faction neutrality as a big expansion theme is because it’s not in Shadowlands. It absolutely should be, as we are in another world and with new factions, but its held back by story reasons: namely Tyrande vs Sylvanas. People even asked multiple times this expansion and you see the devs being more and more responsive about cross-faction grouping. Lately it’s been almost confirmed by Ion.
    Ion has also said, repeatedly "The faction war is the basis of the entire game & we're never-ever getting rid of it" And if they wanted to do that. 9.0 would have been the time. Tyrande & Sylvanas are basically completely removed from the Horde & Alliance at this point.

Ion has also said, repeatedly "The faction war is the basis of the entire game & we're never-ever getting rid of it" And if they wanted to do that. 9.0 would have been the time. Tyrande & Sylvanas are basically completely removed from the Horde & Alliance at this point.
    Ion said that Alliance & Horde are part of the Warcraft DNA, not the faction war.

Tyrande & Sylvanas are basically completely removed from the Horde & Alliance at this point.
    How is Tyrande removed from the Alliance?

7+ Year Old Account
    With a bit of a delay, it is finally that time of the 2-year again
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    How is Tyrande removed from the Alliance?
    Telling Anduin to go fornicate with himself halfway through bfa

7+ Year Old Account
    seems like they datamined effects from 10.0 deluxe mount? what could this be

https://www.wowhead.com/news/datamin...edition-325627

Quote Originally Posted by Svetox View Post
    seems like they datamined effects from 10.0 deluxe mount? what could this be

https://www.wowhead.com/news/datamin...edition-325627
    We've already talked about this pretty extensively as this is the same stuff we found and posted about on MMOC on Saturday, but Wowhead decided to also embed the textures which was probably something we should've done

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    I'm honestly very happy to see that MMO-Champion has actually become fun again. I'm sincerely shocked and pleased by the number of fake leaks, shitposts, and locked threads that aren't about politics.
    I agree, it's been pretty fun reading "leaks" again, and while some people tend to get easily upset over fake stuff, I think most are able to look through that and at the cool creativeness some or the people in this community have... as well as those that don't.

Holy crap I can't believe I missed that!

If that isn't confirmation on 10.0 dragon isles idk what is lmao.

It's happening!!!!!!

Big oof to all the ney sayers.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    I agree, it's been pretty fun reading "leaks" again, and while some people tend to get easily upset over fake stuff, I think most are able to look through that and at the cool creativeness some or the people in this community have... as well as those that don't.
    The ones that don't can be quite funny. The ones that do are best when they're absolutely fucking insane, like that one fake leak a very long time ago that read like a Q drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    The ones that don't can be quite funny. The ones that do are best when they're absolutely fucking insane, like that one fake leak a very long time ago that read like a Q drop.
    The best leaks are the ones that sound like they were lifted straight from a fever dream. *chefs kiss*

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    We've already talked about this pretty extensively as this is the same stuff we found and posted about on MMOC on Saturday, but Wowhead decided to also embed the textures which was probably something we should've done
    IMO that should be the entire mount. No body or anything, just a bunch of sparkles.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    Okay that doesn't answer my question, and opens whole new ones; Did no one really live in Undercity?!? Where is that from??
    They are making it up undead lived in the undercity as of BFA with before the storm directly showing them there with a undead repair shop and all.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually he is game director of World of Warcraft and he is responsible for what the game develops to. And obviously Hazzikostas only concern is raiding and mythic+, otherwise he created a shitshow for any other player group. That is, in cooperation with Steve Danuser who does the lore part. Without the lawyer being a horrible game director the game actually could be good and fun for everyone who played the game and left up to now. And Danusers storytelling (i mean.. Sylvanas being infested by the jailer, yet responsible for her actions? Tyrande forgiving Sylvanas after all she did? A battle between Turalyon and Anduin? Anduin becoming .. undead? Retcon after Retcon?) .. what .. bullshit .. is this?

There is only one way WoW improves: Hazzikostas gets fired or leaves. Danuser gets fired of leaves. I heard Greg Street looks for people who design his new MMORPG. Probably Ion should get a job in Ghostcrawlers new Cosby suite.

I really wonder Street did not hire Afrasiabi yet. I mean, everyone could use a game developer who has a fridge full of cold beer. Alcoholics often have the best ideas. As like beer drinking Pandas being the main feature of an expac.

Ion is a fantastic encounter designer. I wouldn't want him to get fired. Id prefer they move him back to Lead encounter designer instead. Danny boy can go back to writing quest dialogue. If BFA and Shadowlands are really dannys fault idc what happens to him.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Dont lose faith brother, we will find what we are looking for

- - - Updated - - -

Seems like over the weekend the leak amount has really sped up
    I really hope so. At this point, I just want a great expansion.