Page 19 of 54 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    I was hoping for a sci fi action adventure but like i said before they are going a different way. Sucks to be me i guess. Will join the Obi-Wan waiting room.
    1 - Its Star Wars. Its not Sci-Fi. You're watching a western with slightly different six-shooters and horses.
    2 - The train scene was pretty bitching. The bike chase scene was not as bitching. Still an action scene that's better than pod racing. So far we've seen quite a lot of fight scenes.
    3 - Black Krrsantan is funny.
    4 - Complains that Boba is getting soft. Starts pining for someone who isn't ruthless at all.
    5 - Admitting you suck is your first step at growing as a human being.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aurrora View Post
    And yet, that's exactly what Boba did with the Pykes, despite the fact that he should know better, and that directly lead to the sand people getting wiped out. That's the problem people have.
    Pykes are criminals. Their loyalty is money. They might work with you. Or they might not depending on how they like the money.

Imperials are strictly ideologues. They're much less easy to work with.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Sleep at night? lol It is a tv show you like and i find boring. That is as complicated as things need to be.
    Yeah, that's the only thing I could possibly been referring to.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Yeah, that's the only thing I could possibly been referring to.
    Yeah, but Boba Fett is a social worker because he hired a swoop gang to be in his crime family. What a charitable moron. Right? /s

5+ Year Old Account
    according to imdb, Dino-Lady will direct ep4,
    https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0397171/...c_dr3#director
    Kevin Tancharoen (?) ep 5
    https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1160495/

Jon n Dave get producer credits, but we know they will direct so the last 2 episodes (i think there are only 7 episodes?)

So, dino lady, next week we'll prob see the rancor go bananas, there's no waii there will be a brooding rancor on her watch! Hopefully it eats the kids!

She did direct Mando s02e03, the heiress, the one where bo-katan shows up, it's one of the better episodes..n dino lady is used to big productions, so I suppose we'll get something special, n it won't be as 'boring' as some have seen book of boba so far..
    din djarin was confronted with that he was actually an extremist n his world view assumed all mandos were like him. I wonder, if we'll get to see some clones this time?

xD
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2022-01-16 at 06:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post

Pykes are criminals. Their loyalty is money. They might work with you. Or they might not depending on how they like the money.
    Not to mention Fett’s dealing with the Pykes are still an obvious untold part of the flashbacks. We’ve now got an army of faceless goons to get mowed down by Fett and his flunkies. I’d call this a mix of classic Western and Mafia tropes. I don’t mind the deliberate pacing, I’m just hoping the payoff is worth the wait.

Quote Originally Posted by SavoirFaire View Post
    Not to mention Fett’s dealing with the Pykes are still an obvious untold part of the flashbacks. We’ve now got an army of faceless goons to get mowed down by Fett and his flunkies. I’d call this a mix of classic Western and Mafia tropes. I don’t mind the deliberate pacing, I’m just hoping the payoff is worth the wait.
    It is literally that. A mafia/western mashup set in the Star Wars universe. Imagine people watching the Godfather and going, 'nyaah Vito Corleone isn't ruthless enough. He didn't just kill Bonasera for disrespecting him and going to the police! What a softy! Fake gangster!'

I'm still laughing about "legendary assasins" that uses shields and tazers. And assassins that are "legendary" are bad assassins.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    I'm still laughing about "legendary assasins" that uses shields and tazers. And assassins that are "legendary" are bad assassins.
    Hey, you gotta have clients find you somehow!

Imagine being an assassin so good no one even knows you exist, and there you sit in your room ready to kill anyone without it ever being known as a murder, and nobody calls you for your services.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Individuals aren't famous, the organization is famous.
    Assassins have to be able to be hired after all.

We don't know the purpose of that crap in that first episode yet. Because it is weird for assassins to do something like that, as in general assassins are meant to kill the target.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    according to imdb, Dino-Lady will direct ep4,
    https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0397171/...c_dr3#director
    Why did you call her Dino Lady? She is far more famous for her parentage than her role in Jurassic World and she is outright famous in her own right.

Don't disrespect Bryce Dallas Howard like that.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Individuals aren't famous, the organization is famous.
    Assassins have to be able to be hired after all.

We don't know the purpose of that crap in that first episode yet. Because it is weird for assassins to do something like that, as in general assassins are meant to kill the target.

- - - Updated - - -

Why did you call her Dino Lady? She is far more famous for her parentage than her role in Jurassic World and she is outright famous in her own right.

Don't disrespect Bryce Dallas Howard like that.
    He's doing it to wind people up. Ignore him.

Third episode was the best so far. So much happened. Recruiting the cyborgs, fighting a Wookie, getting a new Rancor (want wanting to ride it? He's one bad mofo.) The Hutts leaving, and preparing for war. Love this series way more than Mandalorian so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurrora View Post
    And yet, that's exactly what Boba did with the Pykes, despite the fact that he should know better, and that directly lead to the sand people getting wiped out. That's the problem people have.
    Boba was trying to arrange an agreement with the Pykes, he wanted to be their "protector" on their spice route. He had no intentions of directly fighting them, simply trying to be opportunistic by showcasing the Tuskens could hamper them if they wanted to.

He even told them that his goal would be to kill the other Raider gang that was on the route so they could do business. The pykes simply killed the Tuskens instead of letting them duke it out.

That was Boba's gambit, and he lost for it. It doesn't seem that out of character given his background, but given he's never negotiated on behalf of a group, it ended badly due to his inexperience (and for the record, I don't like the portrayal, it didn't feel organic enough). Being a one man Bounty Hunter collecting heads is one thing, running an organization (which he indirectly tried to do with the Tuskens) is another.

Krrsantan easily infiltrated his home base and kicked the shit out of him. He would have killed him easily if the slow and the slightly annoyed never showed up. No we all know the real reason he let him walk away is because he will be joining team Boba soon enough and i am fine with that. Now if that was not going to be the case it was madness to let him walk away and be hired by the next guy who will be your enemy. Even if he is Nice Guy Boba now who does not want to kill anyone he could have locked him up. Keep him in a cell till he inevitably join the team. That would make much more sense imho.
    Boba is a professional, he's never taken business as personal. He knows Krrsantan was contracted and allowed him his life as an act of mercy (and more pragmatically, because he plans on hiring him in the future). He even warns him of taking another contract like that again, he isn't going to let him get another chance if Krrsantan is stupid enough to try again.

As I said, you show mercy to those who understand what it means to show mercy. Krrsantan understands that well enough(as far as the writers are trying to imply to the viewers). Which is why He likely will side with Boba next time they meet.

These episodes are rough in execution; not exactly the greatest, but not the worst by any means. I expect that much in the first season of a show regardless of talent and resources though.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    He's doing it to wind people up. Ignore him.
    You two are just shitposting, no other reason you are here, I specifically said she made one of the best Mandalorian episodes, n here you two are twisting my words.
    Didn't you have me on "ignore"? I don't think you have anyone on ignore, you are only here to argue.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    Seems accurate -

I'd actually argue that this video has more energy and speed to it than the real chase lol

https://youtu.be/T5FEBx3O0aE
    someone on reddit changed the bikes
    https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWars/co...content=header

7+ Year Old Account
    You two are just shitposting, no other reason you are here, I specifically said she made one of the best Mandalorian episodes, n here you two are twisting my words.
    Didn't you have me on "ignore"? I don't think you have anyone on ignore, you are only here to argue.
    I don't think you understand what shitposting is.

And as I said, you are being disrespectful for her referring to her as "Dino Lady." Just because you like her work on the Mandalorian doesn't mean you can call her whatever you like. And besides, calling her "Dino Lady" doesn't tell you anything because I doubt people other than yourself first instinct is to connect Bryce Dallas Howard to the Jurassic World movies. It is like calling Chris Pratt "Dino Dude." It's weird.

I just find it funny you are complaining about other people shitposting when my most recent comments are on your shitpost. I am sorry, but that is the pot calling the silverware black there.
    –The Sith Code

5+ Year Old Account
    And as I said, you are being disrespectful for her referring to her as "Dino Lady." Just because you like her work on the Mandalorian doesn't mean you can call her whatever you like. And besides, calling her "Dino Lady" doesn't tell you anything because I doubt people other than yourself first instinct is to connect Bryce Dallas Howard to the Jurassic World movies. It is like calling Chris Pratt "Dino Dude." It's weird.
    In the context of her being in creature films n now with a rancor. I made that clear, you are either slow or shitposting, safe to say both. How desperate are you to be offended just to be a hammer n treat peoples posts like nails?

In the Mandalorian she made the at-st appear like a creature, n its red glowing "eyes"

Anyways, putting you on ignore, can't tolerate people who add nothing to discussion but arguing for arguing sake. This your pathetic hobby?

7+ Year Old Account
    In the context of her being in creature films n now with a rancor. I made that clear, you are either slow or shitposting, safe to say both. How desperate are you to be offended just to be a hammer n treat peoples posts like nails?

In the Mandalorian she made the at-st appear like a creature, n its red glowing "eyes"

Anyways, putting you on ignore, can't tolerate people who add nothing to discussion but arguing for arguing sake. This your pathetic hobby?
    You mean literally what you are doing right now and have done for pages in these topics?
    And your reasoning for calling her "Dino Lady" doesn't make sense ... she didn't write or direct the Jurassic World movies.

It isn't "being slow" when what you are doing is disrespectful and doesn't make sense to anyone but you.
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2022-01-17 at 02:42 AM.
    –The Sith Code

You mean literally what you are doing right now and have done for pages in these topics?
    And your reasoning for calling her "Dino Lady" doesn't make sense ... she didn't write or direct the Jurassic World movies.

It isn't "being slow" when what you are doing is disrespectful and doesn't make sense to anyone but you.
    Ignore the guy, dude. He either spends time in Politics saying 'Russia should stamp out terrorists in Ukraine/Kazakhstan etc' or sits in the Star Wars threads saying things like 'Kathleen Kennedy is just a token woke person to keep SJWs happy' and other shit. No good conversation to be had.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    Ignore the guy, dude. He either spends time in Politics saying 'Russia should stamp out terrorists in Ukraine/Kazakhstan etc' or sits in the Star Wars threads saying things like 'Kathleen Kennedy is just a token woke person to keep SJWs happy' and other shit. No good conversation to be had.
    It is ironic (in the manner of the song) that he goes "I can't stand people who argue for argument sake." while arguing for argument sake.

He comes across as that guy who thinks the reason we got British women as protagonists in some of the Disney movies is self Kennedy inserts, despite Kennedy being Californian.
    –The Sith Code

It is ironic (in the manner of the song) that he goes "I can't stand people who argue for argument sake." while arguing for argument sake.

He comes across as that guy who thinks the reason we got British women as protagonists in some of the Disney movies is self Kennedy inserts, despite Kennedy being Californian.
    Basically this. Just a reason to hate on stuff. And then project that other people are shit posting.

Its okay so far. Not bad. Not amazing either.

The Tusken parts were all really well done. The cyperpunk teens with vespas not so much.

EDIT : I still don't really understand who this series is supposed to appeal too? I imagine young kids have no idea who Boba Fett even is. And older fans probably like him for being a bounty hunter. So this whole "good guy" crimelord thing is an odd angle to go with. But I guess that's what happens when Disney is at the helm.
    Last edited by Khaza-R; 2022-01-17 at 05:25 PM.