Fuck Mike Vrabel skating as a coach on the back of Derrick Henry, and fuck the Titans. I want the Bengals in Tennessee next week just because they can probably beat their fraud #1 seed asses, even if it means the Bills have to go to KC to play the Chiefs, cause what I've seen so far from the Chiefs doesn't exactly have me quaking in my boots.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Fuck Mike Vrabel skating as a coach on the back of Derrick Henry, and fuck the Titans. I want the Bengals in Tennessee next week just because they can probably beat their fraud #1 seed asses, even if it means the Bills have to go to KC to play the Chiefs, cause what I've seen so far from the Chiefs doesn't exactly have me quaking in my boots.
    So a coach that uses their best player ... is a bad thing? I am confused. Is a good coach suppose to bench their best player and win without them?
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Bengals have no d line next week.

Hendrickson out in Concussion protocall.

Mike Daniels groin injury

Josh Tupou MCL Sprain.

Larry Onjowubi: Broken ankle.

Derrick Henry is gonna be cooking. We reallllly need Burrow and Chase to ball.

Is it horrible that I don't go to Subway anymore seeing Tom Brady is a spokesman for them now?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Surrounded by Niners fans in northern California... sounds like a you problem.

I mean, how dare they be fans of the local team with a long legacy, right?
    Yes, that's the point. Their colors are also hideous.

I'm a Niners fan living in Seattle, and I fucking hated the Seahawks after 2013-14. I also hated the NE Bradiots, but I actually rooted for them in the 2015 Super Bowl and LMAO'd for weeks after that pick happened. I still have the Richard Sherman reaction gif stored somewhere on my phone.
    Imagine growing up in that but 5 times worse during peak Steve Young years

And yet... now I root for the Seahawks when they play, as long as they're not playing the 49ers, because it's been long enough without serious competition between the two teams, and I'm willing to root for the local team.
    Liking a team just because it's geographically closer than another, usually because your parents happened to live there when you were born, is some lazy ass shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    So a coach that uses their best player ... is a bad thing? I am confused. Is a good coach suppose to bench their best player and win without them?
    A player who wasn't even around the second half of the season, but somehow carried them to top seed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is a good coach suppose to bench their best player and win without them?
    I mean, Vrabel did that too. Still got the no. 1 seed even with Henry out. xD

I think Esch is just still salty about this and will never give the Titans any credit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post

I think Esch is just still salty about this and will never give the Titans any credit.
    Imagine holding a grudge for 20 years...
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I fully expect the Titans to beat up on the Bengals. It's so rare to see a 1 seed fall in the divisional round these days. I do not expect the Titans to beat the Chiefs or Bills though.

Also, been hearing a lot of people say "Man the Packers better be afraid of the 49ers next week." Like did people expect the Eagles to come into Lambeau next week? It was always gonna be a team with a star pass rush because that's everyone in the NFC West. A division that, may I remind folks, we swept in the regular season. With an injured O-Line that's now healthy and an injured secondary that's now healthier and an injured pass rush of our own that's now healthy.

Fully expect Green Bay to intercept Garropolo twice and move on.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    I mean, Vrabel did that too. Still got the no. 1 seed even with Henry out. xD

I just don't get the argument.

I hate the "Player X is only good because he is coached by Coach Z" or "Coach Z is carried by the talent of Player X." That argument just seems to misunderstand football to me. You can have the best players in the world, but if you don't have any idea how to use them, you aren't going to win.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Is it horrible that I don't go to Subway anymore seeing Tom Brady is a spokesman for them now?
    I mean he'd never eat there so I'd not let it get to you too much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    I mean, I did grow up in the Bay Area and was a Niners fan in the Montana/Young eras.

And my point is that since moving to Seattle, I don't hate the Seahawks. I'm certainly not going to get upset about people here being a fan of the local team.

Liking a team just because it's geographically closer than another, usually because your parents happened to live there when you were born, is some lazy ass shit.
    That's... a strange take.

I guess you like teams based on their colors?

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Sports was a mistake. a bunch of man / woman-children or actual children saying Dak's a piece of shit and deserves no respect for anything because of one shitty quote after a hard loss that he knows he fucked up on.

yeah, all the charity, all the mental health awareness, all the collab with other teams players on important issues, and a quote made out of frustration is enough to hate him forever. for fucks sake.

(FWIW, its that he semi joked that the stuff thrown on the field wasnt ok unless it was at the refs)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    I mean he'd never eat there so I'd not let it get to you too much.
    This. Brady has his special diet. It is just a paid advertisement.

He likely has had a sub in 2 decades.
    –The Sith Code

15+ Year Old Account
    I guess you like teams based on their colors?
    Doesn't hurt. Same with logos or superheroes with costumes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Sports was a mistake. a bunch of man / woman-children or actual children saying Dak's a piece of shit and deserves no respect for anything because of one shitty quote after a hard loss that he knows he fucked up on.

yeah, all the charity, all the mental health awareness, all the collab with other teams players on important issues, and a quote made out of frustration is enough to hate him forever. for fucks sake.

(FWIW, its that he semi joked that the stuff thrown on the field wasnt ok unless it was at the refs)
    thanks for the explanation. weird thing to be upset about, probably by people saying worse shit about refs every week.
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't hurt. Same with logos or superheroes with costumes.
    Or liking a country because of their flag?

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Imagine holding a grudge for 20 years...
    Think I know what
    U mean.
    Can't be sure though.
    Kids will hold a grudge over anything these days.

I'm not saying don't use him - I'm just saying the Titans are trash. Vrabel's coaching and in-game decisions are also trash, and would be exposed more if he couldn't just grind people into dust with the best, most athletic RB in the past decade. They got to the #1 seed without Henry, but did you see those games? They were awful. Since Henry's injury four of their five wins were against the Saints (who were badly injured and not good to begin with), Jacksonville, the 49ers with Jimmy G characteristically gifting the Titans D 2 INTs, much like he did today, Miami with Tua sucking as he always does, and Houston. Their only good win was on the road at the Rams. And then they lost one to the Texans, the Steelers, and New England, who are all trash. And one to the Jets, when they HAD Henry, which is still astounding to me. They're easily the weakest #1 seed in recent memory.

Now, I didn't know about all those Bengals injuries so maybe their chances against the Bengals are fine, but I will never believe Vrabel is a good coach or Tannehill is a legit good QB. Tannehill is somehow a worse Kirk Cousins and I wouldn't even want Kirk Cousins on my team.

15+ Year Old Account
    Or liking a country because of their flag?

nah flags are garbage

P.S. defensive rankings of their 5 wins since Henry was injured:

Rams - 8th (like I said, their only good win)
    Dolphins 11th
    49ers 18th
    Houston 27th
    Jacksonville 31st

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, that's the point. Their colors are also hideous.

This is the craziest take I've ever seen. I grew up in Buffalo, went to Buffalo schools, lived most of my important youth moments in Buffalo, but I should pick a team based on colors?

Hell, we're immigrants, so I didn't inherit this from my parents, but it seems fairly natural to follow the local team and love them, even if/when they're miserable.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is the craziest take I've ever seen. I grew up in Buffalo, went to Buffalo schools, lived most of my important youth moments in Buffalo, but I should pick a team based on colors?

Hell, we're immigrants, so I didn't inherit this from my parents, but it seems fairly natural to follow the local team and love them, even if/when they're miserable.
    It's about shared cultural identity, honestly. And a lot of times, that's based on geography in some manner or another.

The more important point is... people can like whomever they want, like, whatever. But to be upset that they're surrounded by other people who like the local team is just, as you said, the craziest damn take I've ever seen.

I mean, who wants to be a fan in isolation? A very large part of the fun of fandom is to be around others who share it.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils