Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I can't really see it.
    Since Pandaria / WoD, they've set up the next expansions' storyline in the current one. Garrosh led to alternate Draenor, Guldan and his pact with the Legion led to, well, Legion, and the sword of Sargeras / Azerite / Azeroth being wounded set up the Horde-Alliance conflict in BfA. Sylvanas being power-hungry and making unsavoury deals first appeared in Cataclysm and was more prominent in Legion, with her storyline in Stormheim and the Valkyries.

Going by the current state of lore, and the story of Shadowland, I think it's more likely the next expansion is something to with the Dreadlords. They're being set up in the Korthia quest chain as these great manipulators who have been the puppetmasters behind just about everything that has ever happened in Warcraft lore. Assuming that part of lore hasn't been retconned, they are what drove Sargeras to madness and led him to create the Burning Legion, which in turn led to the creation of the Scourge and the Lich Kind etc.

There are also hints in Legion and Shadowlands that the Light, or at least the Naaru, are maybe not as completely benevolent as we used to think. It's probably wishful thinking, but I'd love to see something with a conflict between Light and Void that is a little more nuanced and interesting.

Zereth Mortis would be a great ecuse for an old world revamp, but I don't think it's likely. It'd be so much work, and subscriber numbers for WoW are not what they used to be. Also, a lot of it would be low-level content that most players don't even go to see, especially with the new levelling system. It's probably cheaper to add new zones for expansions.

But dragons? There's been nothing about the dragons in Shadowlands. The only one was Ysera, and she's pretty much stuck in Ardenweald now. Also, didn't the dragon aspects lose / give up their power at the end of Cataclysm to defeath Deathwing? With the kinds of cosmic forces we've faced since then, the power of the dragon aspects actually seems fairly minor.

People thought Dragon Isles were coming for 9.0
    People think Dragon Isles are coming for 10.0
    People will think Dragon Isles are coming for 11.0

10+ Year Old Account
    The next expansion is almost never the one player's expect. Apparently everyones expecting Dragon Isles rn, so it *probably* wont be it.

My main conspiracy-theory is that because they copy-pasted Thanos, he'll succeed somewhat in destroying Azeroth with his machinations. So in 10.0, the "10 xpac celebration" moment, will be to relive a lot of history of WoW and Warcraft. I can imagine (mainly the Bronze with Chromie) Dragonflight will have us time-travel to certain states of Azeroth and have us do *something* (the team is "very good" at making stuff up on the fly) to collect or make some sort of thing to fix the main timeline / azeroth.

It commits to the main issue players have "we never feel like adventurers anymore" - in these alternate timelines you're basically a nobody because noone's ever heard of you.

It also happens to be the best strategy for "modern MMO" solutions, mainly the instancing of zones. Not many MMO's remain nowadays that have an actual interactive world that spans multiple zones. They all just teleport between one and another, for resources reasons I guess? I have a hard time believing modern WOW team will spend the resources to revamp whole of Azeroth - especially after the last time it wasn't that well received.

In the end, it will also give them countless of oppertunity to retcon anything they want. Guess what Nzoth multiversed his way back!

To be honest, I don't know what to expect anymore. That sounds like a good thing but its mostly because the WOW team has - much like Game of Thrones - set their aim at "diverting expectations" more than making a good story.

Given that Blizzard said they wanted to go back to Azeroth there arnt that many locations left to actually explore and its been hinted at for a while.

Something that I jokingly said to a friend when we were trying to think of what the next expansion would be was What if when we defeat the Jailer that as a last ditch effort he resurrects Galakrond as Galakrond was already death themed and thats what leads into the dragon isles. While this was a dumb idea it does actually seem possible to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    What does your link have to do with people being "toxic"? What on earth are you talking about? Pandas are to this day one of the least played races in the game. Is that ignorance too? Or could it possibly be that a lot of people simply do not like them, think they are a poor fit for wow, and were annoyed that an entire expansion was being based around them?

This idea that the only two possibilities are ignorance and toxicity lack ANY evidence at all, while people simply not liking them (my argument) is supported by actual data.
    Pandaren are actually played more than all the allied races outside of void elves. And I was saying that anyone who was saying "There's furries in WoW now?" either were purposely being toxic or were just supremely ignorant. But instead of admitting you're wrong, you just double down on being wrong. I literally show you evidence that Pandarens aren't the random surprise people acted like they were when MoP was announced and you're choosing to just ignore it. Saying they don't fit WoW is just you ignoring races like worgen and Tauren that are ALSO anthro races that are actually pretty popular.

Quote Originally Posted by Hey There Guys its Metro View Post
    Makes no sense at all story wise
    because shadowlands makes sense story wise? or bfa?

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Pandaren are actually played more than all the allied races outside of void elves. And I was saying that anyone who was saying "There's furries in WoW now?" either were purposely being toxic or were just supremely ignorant. But instead of admitting you're wrong, you just double down on being wrong. I literally show you evidence that Pandarens aren't the random surprise people acted like they were when MoP was announced and you're choosing to just ignore it. Saying they don't fit WoW is just you ignoring races like worgen and Tauren that are ALSO anthro races that are actually pretty popular.
    I never said everyone was shocked they existed - more head canon.

I do not consider pandas to be similar to tauren or wargen, that's you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    I never said everyone was shocked they existed - more head canon.

I do not consider pandas to be similar to tauren or wargen, that's you.
    ....Pandaren are literally an anthro race just like Tauren and worgen. Are you kidding me right now? And people saying "There's furries in WoW now?" is feigned shock. Again, you are doubling down on being wrong just to avoid admitting you're wrong.

I would have thought they were next after MoP. After all, the timeless isle even had a tank, healer and dps from dragons showing up. It was shrouded in mystery, and Wrathion was bent on trying to find an army to fight the burning legion. It was the perfect set up. So I don't think its next. Unless it gets the Emerald Dream treatment and gets 1 small zone or dungeon and that's it.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

When it comes to WoW leaks the idea is throw it all against the wall to see what sticks.
    They tend to only be accurate when we are like 1-2 months out from official announcements when the leaks are probably just viral marketing like with the MCU "leaks" we get.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Having servants to do their bidding does not mean the dragons are incapable of doing the task, themselves. Dragons are also quite the arrogant species, so having servants is natural. And then comes the question: why wouldn't there be humans/humanoids on Dragon Isles long time ago, enough to become dragonkin themselves?
    This question is easily answered and you already stated the reason: Dragons are arrogant. Why would they allow lower lifeforms in their lands? Yes, maybe as slaves. But the Aspects know what the lesser races are capable of. It would not be untypical of them to want to keep their Island free from mortal conflicts.

Not really. I doubt we'll see flying in the first tier of the expansion.
    Then the theme of the expansion would be failing in my eyes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I figured it would happen eventually, I'm prepared to believe it's the next thing.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    This question is easily answered and you already stated the reason: Dragons are arrogant. Why would they allow lower lifeforms in their lands?
    Answered in the very same post you quoted: they allow those to tend to their clutch. Dragons may be arrogant, but they're not cruel to their descendants and other dragonkin. You can see dragonkin working just fine alongside other dragons of the blue dragonflight, the red dragonflight, the bronze dragonflight, etc.

Then the theme of the expansion would be failing in my eyes.
    That's 100% on you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    They are descendants of dragons, so yes, they're dragons and I see no reason why they wouldn't be in the Dragon Isles considering we see them protecting and tending to dragon eggs in the Ruby/Obsidian sanctum.
    They are not dragons, they are mortals that were altered to look dragon-like.

Drakonid are mortals empowered by the dragons they serve, via intentional alteration or via "unintended side effect of hanging out with dragons

At this point it could be anything

Quote Originally Posted by kizcrew View Post
    They are not dragons, they are mortals that were altered to look dragon-like.
    Had you checked the next page, you'd have realized that this topic has already been addressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    Dragon Isles aren't a thing. They made no sense in the Lore for Vanilla, they make even less now.

There is a reason they never were included in the lore. And the reason still exist now : they make no sense.
    Just because you don't know the lore, doesn't mean Dragon Isles aren't part of it. They are definitely a sizeable piece of lore that is missing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    No. Those are prepatches material. You're not getting that into the game until the PTR of 10.0 itself is up for months.
    Except that this perfectly follows the pattern of deluxe edition mounts and items that we've seen for other expansions.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    Just because you don't know the lore, doesn't mean Dragon Isles aren't part of it. They are definitely a sizeable piece of lore that is missing.
    Isn't sizable a bit of an exaggeration? Their only mention in canon comes from a Island Expedition quest in BfA and "Exploring Azeroth" book. The book might be "Secondary canon" since it has inconsistencies and stuff. The rest just comes from "cut" content discussions and is hardly lore.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    Except that this perfectly follows the pattern of deluxe edition mounts and items that we've seen for other expansions.
    Even if that is true (I don't have the data to know if it is), it starts with the conjecture that the past will exactly repeat itself in the future.

This is unlikely when there is still a harassment scandal hot in the news (and in the repertoire of the promoters of their competitors).

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I've got this nagging fear it's Emerald Dream and/or "Lifelands" instead.

But if it's not that.... I mean it's something dragon-related and there aren't many new places like that. Heck not many old places either except Dragonblight.
    Ysera could indicate both. Or hey, Lifelands / Emerald Dream / Dragon Isle are all connected... hodgepodge of storylines, once again.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again