Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Patch 9.2 PTR - Main Campaign Chapter 4

Patch 9.2 Campaign "Secrets of the First Ones"

Chapter 1 | Chapter 2 | Chapter 3 | Chapter 4
    Chapter 5 | Chapter 6 | Chapter 7

Patch 9.2 PTR - Main Campaign Chapter 4
    Today we are taking a look at chapter 4 in the main campaign of Patch 9.2 Be aware that this could change before release. *SPOILERS AHEAD*

Chapter 4 - Forging a New Plan
    • The chapter begins with Bolvar telling Uther that the risk is too great, to which Uther responds by saying there will be no further treachery. When you investigate, you are shown the Sylvanas cinematic that was released last month in which Uther tries to help Sylvanas wrestle with her own mind.
    • Bolvar then wants you to persuade the Elders of Haven to assist in finding a way to follow the Jailer to the Sepulcher.
    • Two of the elders refuse, but Elder Ara says she will help if you help her first. She says a pilgrimage is in order, and tells you to meet her above Provis Esper.
    • She wants you to collect 3 Progenitor Fragments as clues while also sabotaging devourers that have taken up residence here in the process.
    • With the fragments in hand you set out for Pilgrim's Grace, a sacred site for the Enlightened nearby. The elders there should be able to discover answers using the fragments.
    • There, the fragments begin to react and you are told to discover what is causing it. The source is a translocator on a nearby hill, but when you try to use the fragments they just fall to the ground. Ara tells you to seek out Elder Nirav in Pilgrim's Grace for help.
    • You find him preoccupied and so seek out another named Faruu. He recognizes the fragments as part of a translocator key. From what they have surmised, these channel the energy that flows from the Creation Catalyst to the Forge, but he doubts it can function with the Forge in its current state.
    • Next you talk to Drim, who tells you that the one who can best solve this puzzle is Feroz, but he is missing.
    • Ara says that many pilgrims who ventured to the Catalyst Wards have not returned, which includes Feroz. It is where a lot of the First Ones' newest creations roam. She sends a messenger to Haven to tell them what we have learned. In the meantime, she wants you to meet her outside the Catalyst Wards to try and find the missing pilgrims.
    • When you arrive, Ara has already found Feroz, but he says the others are trapped inside. The Cultivator there have gone mad and started slaying the pilgrims. You are told to kill it while rescuing the others.
    • Next, you head up towards the actual Creation Catalyst to find the Venthyr forces engaged with the enraged plants there. General Draven says he cannot get close to the tower as it is overloaded with excess Progenitor energy. You are tasked with discharging it while dealing with the crazy plants.
    • With the tasks complete, Nadjia suggests we craft a strategy, to which Draven says the only strategy is for him to go first. He flies off which initiates a cutscene where the nearby automa activate and shoot him out of the sky, causing you to have to stage a rescue.
    • Feroz suggests fighting fire with fire, and hands you a potion he concocted from creation energy. You drink it and grow in size while sprouting thorns and turning green. You also get the ability to hurl creation energy at your targets. You easily dispatch the angry automa with this newfound power.
    • Draven makes it out of harms way and then ferries you up to the tower to activate it and re-forge the key. To do so you must complete a mini game in which you press the correct symbols that appear above the obelisk.
    • With key in hand you return to the translocator at Pilgrim's Grace to find Bolvar and the others have gathered with Sylvanas. Sylvanas says without the means to resist the Jailer's domination, we have no chance against him. She says Anduin might be the key if we can save him, but Jaina angrily interrupts, frustrated that Sylvanas is speaking of freeing him after all she has done. Uther calms her down by saying that she may not trust Sylvanas, but she can trust him. With the fight averted, we prepare to enter the Sepulcher and save Anduin.

Last edited by Lumy; 2022-02-13 at 10:23 PM.

Argus was right...

" END IT ALL!"

Quote Originally Posted by Sucralose View Post
    Argus was right...

" END IT ALL!"
    We should have let him. Past two expansions storylines have been pretty awful.

7+ Year Old Account
    meh throwing spoilers on the mainpage
    i mean you can just scroll past em quickly could just do an forum post

10+ Year Old Account
    Jaina: I HATE YOU SYLVANAS!
    Uther: Jaina she cool.
    Jaina: OK we cool now.

I can't get over the contrivance of saving Anduin will help us resist domination magic. Anduin was never able to resist it before so how would he help us resist it?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Absolute master writers

so much nuance

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thestrawman View Post
    I can't get over the contrivance of saving Anduin will help us resist domination magic. Anduin was never able to resist it before so how would he help us resist it?
    And in the end, he just show us he don't know.

Its a idiotic plot point so things can move forward, they dumb down the characters and our characters in the process.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah yes, another Masterpiece.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why is Jaina not just straight up incinerating that cunt on the spot?

Everyone hugs.
    Well, except Jaina and Sylvi. They still have some mending to do.
    The end.

And why do Horde characters care about whether Anduin is safe or not? lol let the blond bangs chubby cheeked kid roleplay Arthas. He'll grow out of it when he's older.

Ah yes, the soft reset. So basically, the same thing they have done for multiple expansions now - "OMFG LOOK HOW EVIL THIS NPC HAS TURNED! OMG!......THE HORDE AND ALLIANCE WILL NEED TO FORM BONDS AND DISCUSS AND WORK TOG...............NEVERMIND THEY ARE GOOD AGAIN NOW AND EVERYTHING HAS RETURNED TO THE START OF THE EXPANSION."

Tiring up everything from the last 30 years so nicely lol

Quote Originally Posted by Felrane View Post
    We should have let him. Past two expansions storylines have been pretty awful.
    you're implying that 7.3 lore was good?

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    And why do Horde characters care about whether Anduin is safe or not? lol let the blond bangs chubby cheeked kid roleplay Arthas. He'll grow out of it when he's older.
    Because they are told that freeing him might help to find a way to defeat the Jailer?

And regarding Jaina: she simply trusts Uther, that's all. There is no swip-swap.

He says, that Sylvanas might by a key element to save Anduin. So Sylvanas is simply at least a tool to reach Jaina's goal to save Anduin. A tool that she wants to stfu, but still something to not just throw away.

Imagine she kills Sylvanas and then loses Anduin to the Jailer. You think she could live with that doubt (plus having the problem, that the Jailer would likely just succeed).

Hearing some people talk here, I hope that you will never be in such a position, in which your emotions might decide about the future of other people, oh my...

"Yeah! Die, you sucker!"

"... you just doomed us all with that."

"Ha! Who cares, I just did what I wanted, lol!"

Quote Originally Posted by Miriamel105 View Post
    Because they are told that freeing him might help to find a way to defeat the Jailer?

And regarding Jaina: she simply trusts Uther, that's all. There is no swip-swap.

He says, that Sylvanas might by a key element to save Anduin. So Sylvanas is simply at least a tool to reach Jaina's goal to save Anduin. A tool that she wants to stfu, but still something to not just throw away.

Imagine she kills Sylvanas and then loses Anduin to the Jailer. You think she could live with that doubt (plus having the problem, that the Jailer would likely just succeed).

Hearing some people talk here, I hope that you will never be in such a position, in which your emotions might decide about the future of other people, oh my...

"Yeah! Die, you sucker!"

"... you just doomed us all with that."

"Ha! Who cares, I just did what I wanted, lol!"
    That would be interesting.

SHADOWLANDS ARE FREEEEEEE!

Bolvar then wants you to persuade the Elders of Haven to assist in finding a way to follow the Jailer to the Sepulcher.
    Two of the elders refuse, but Elder Ara says she will help if you help her first. She says a pilgrimage is in order, and tells you to meet her above Provis Esper.
    She wants you to collect 3 Progenitor Fragments as clues while also sabotaging devourers that have taken up residence here in the process.
    Us: "Hey, we're here to stop that big blue guy with the nipples from destroying this place and all of you, can you help us find him?

Elder 1: "I refuse"

Elder 2: "I refuse as well"

Elder 3: "I can help you but you gotta go do these chores for me"

Us: "... ok, how many animal endtrails do you need?"

God dammit this story sucks so much ass. Why are we still doing what Bolvar tells us to do? He's the biggest failure of this whole expansion.
    Last edited by serenadingbuckets; 2022-01-17 at 06:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Haha, exactly, but this has been poor writing by Blizzard since forever. They are so afraid to craft meaningful dialogues because they fear people will unsub if they have to listen to two character talk for more than 11 seconds. We had a similar thing in Trial of Crusader, something like

Tirion: Horde and Alliance will not fight in the coliseum!
    Varian: But we must.
    Tirion: I'll allow it!

I wish Blizzard would realize people would like to have the storylines presented in a decent and believable way.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Julmara View Post
    meh throwing spoilers on the mainpage
    i mean you can just scroll past em quickly could just do an forum post
    What could you possibly spoil in today Blizz story?
    Quote Originally Posted by Secret81
    I´ve heard, there will be Epic loot as normal quest rewards in Cata while you level.
    To make the quest feel more epic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    So much work put into content that players just fly through in a couple of hours. Such a waste.