Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    To be honest if the next expansion is Dragon Isles, a dragon knight class will make more sense to be added than a glorified profession.
    Yeah, with no information, Tinker seems like a very unlikely class. Dragon Isles sound like mystical/primordial theme, and Tinker is the antithesis of that.
    Dragonsworn would fit much better, with Blademaster in second place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacotaco View Post
    Yeah, with no information, Tinker seems like a very unlikely class. Dragon Isles sound like mystical/primordial theme, and Tinker is the antithesis of that.
    Dragonsworn would fit much better, with Blademaster in second place.
    I could agree with this assessment if Tinker wasn't hinted at in BFA and Shadowlands. There has never been any indication of a Dragon class in Warcraft or WoW. Not saying it isn't possible that a dragon-based class is coming next, but such an implementation would be a departure from how Blizzard has brought in classes in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Incorrect, it's a mechanical dragon, created by a Gnomish inventor.
    Hence, why it is a mechanical:
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Mechanical_dragon
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Mechanical

Yeah, attached to trinkets. Never a pet or a mount. Further, both the Timeless Mechanical Dragonling, and the Steamscale Incinerator are using new models.
    Now you're just being petty. They were there all the way.

A Mechanical Dragon mount and pet has something to do with both tech and dragons.
    Nothing to do with what i said. You'd season everything with tech and consider it better than a techless expansion. Not just Dragons.

A false accusation. I have never made a leak thread on MMOC.
    Your account maybe haven't. Your soldier, perhaps.

The Dragons don't need to show interest in tech. All we need is Blizzard to be willing to merge the concepts, which they seem willing to do based on those two items.

And once again, a tiny little summon popping out of a trinket is different than a pet and a mount both using new models.
    So, combining two unrelated concepts (tech class in a Dragon expansion) makes sense, but combining the Dark Ranger with the Warden or the Night Warrior isn't? Biased much...?

Quote Originally Posted by DatToffer View Post
    Oh you mean something like the discovery of a magical ore that makes everything and everyone better, faster, stronger ?

Let's be honest, BFA had the best context for a Tinker class, same way SL had the best context for a Necromancer class.

Now these expansions have passed and those classes weren't added. It's most likely they'll never be.
    Naver say never. DH were supposed to ship with Vanilla (and later with TBC) but we finally got them a decade later.
    Also, Tinker is a pretty flexible concept to fit in Warcraft narrative.

Meanwhile Dark Ranger, Necromancer, Blademaster... they are more restrictive in terms of lore and theme, and have less chances to be added.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ResentfulUK View Post
    Same was said for Demon Hunters in The Burning Crusade, and we came back around to them again with Legion. I agree that an expansion theme with a class works best, like Death Knights & Monks, but I don't feel they need to lock it in that hard.

If they have a class idea they like they should just run with it in my opinion.
    Blizzard (and I) disagree. Adding a class that matches the expansion theme works better than adding a random, disjointed class.

I could agree with this assessment if Tinker wasn't hinted at in BFA and Shadowlands. There has never been any indication of a Dragon class in Warcraft or WoW. Not saying it isn't possible that a dragon-based class is coming next, but such an implementation would be a departure from how Blizzard has brought in classes in the past.
    Yeah….just gonna ignore the fact there’s a force of warriors that serve a dragon who happens to have a reputation for powering up mortals in 3 expansions now

Quote Originally Posted by Valhalladin View Post
    We leave Shadowlands. Time skip. Technology advanced. We need to go to Dragon Isles, previously inaccessible. Go to undermine, get your get hyper speedboat technology. Recruit tinkers. Set sail for epic fail. Done. Dragon isles and Tinkers.
    What time skip? Time in SL runs much much faster than on Azeroth. That means that years on SL maybe like seconds on Azeroth.
    You can see it when you recue people from The Maw asking how much time they were there "days? years?", when for us it was maybe a few hours (or a couple of days at most) between fleeing and coming back to recue them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    Yeah….just gonna ignore the fact there’s a force of warriors that serve a dragon who happens to have a reputation for powering up mortals in 3 expansions now
    With zero associated/unique abilities, and no major lore character that encompasses their abilities. Demon Hunters are structured to be similar to Illidan, Monks are structured to be like Chen, and Death Knights are structured to be like the Lich King. Those force of warriors are nothing like Wrathion, and from what I remember, they don't have unique abilities that define them as a class.

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Hence, why it is a mechanical:
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Mechanical_dragon
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Mechanical

Now you're just being petty. They were there all the way.
    Okay, but the question is why were the Timeless Mechanical Dragonling and Steamscale brought in?

Your account maybe haven't. Your soldier, perhaps.
    Or the Tinker concept is simply far more popular than you realize?

So, combining two unrelated concepts (tech class in a Dragon expansion) makes sense, but combining the Dark Ranger with the Warden or the Night Warrior isn't? Biased much...?
    Blizzard already combined tech with dragon. I don't know how that would translate into an expansion theme (if it's a hint at all). Dark Ranger, Warden, and Night Warrior on the other hand have never been merged, and are three entirely different concepts.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    They will ask for the next most wanted classes: Dark Ranger, and behind that, Necromancer.
    and then Bard

No shortage of stuff to ask for OP
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

They would need a Goblin-based expansion, like the Monk required the Pandaren-centered MoP.
    Why would they need Goblin-centered expansion?
    DK required Scourge-based expansion because we didn't have any DKs fighting on player (Alliance/Horde) side.
    Monks required Pandaren-based expansion because we didn't have any monks fighting on player (Alliance/Horde) side.
    DHs required Legion-based expansion because we didn't have any DH fighting on player (Alliance/Horde) side.
    Even in those cases "require" is very strong word. DK/DH/Monk starting story would have easily worked in any expansion. Yeah, DH start would look kinda out of place in Cataclysm for example, but it would work and no one would complain except a couple of lore purists.
    In case of Tinkers we had engineers doing stuff and bunch of advanced tech ever since vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by pacotaco View Post
    Meanwhile Dark Ranger, Necromancer, Blademaster... they are more restrictive in terms of lore and theme, and have less chances to be added.
    No, they're not. Except, maybe, the Necromancer.

Okay, but the question is why were the Timeless Mechanical Dragonling and Steamscale brought in?
    Mechanical dragonflight, perhaps?

Or the Tinker concept is simply far more popular than you realize?
    Perhaps.

Blizzard already combined tech with dragon. I don't know how that would translate into an expansion theme (if it's a hint at all). Dark Ranger, Warden, and Night Warrior on the other hand have never been merged, and are three entirely different concepts.
    Dark Wardens.
    I wouldn't say entirely different.
    Both Maiev and Tyrande have elune-based abilities\talents. Both Sylvanas and Maiev use shadow clones. Two of those concepts use bow and arrow, the other two use Glaives.

Quote Originally Posted by LorDC View Post
    Why would they need Goblin-centered expansion?
    DK required Scourge-based expansion because we didn't have any DKs fighting on player (Alliance/Horde) side.
    Monks required Pandaren-based expansion because we didn't have any monks fighting on player (Alliance/Horde) side.
    DHs required Legion-based expansion because we didn't have any DH fighting on player (Alliance/Horde) side.
    Even in those cases "require" is very strong word. DK/DH/Monk starting story would have easily worked in any expansion. Yeah, DH start would look kinda out of place in Cataclysm for example, but it would work and no one would complain except a couple of lore purists.
    In case of Tinkers we had engineers doing stuff and bunch of advanced tech ever since vanilla.
    I would say they would need a mechanical threat, but they most likely wouldn't be a Hero class.

If I would guess it got to be about the class Tinker 2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mechanical dragonflight, perhaps?
    It's doubtful that it's that on the nose. As I said, the Tinker and expanding Gnome and Goblin lore was teased at the same time as dragon isles and Wrathion were in BFA. The Steamscale Incinerator is sort of a marriage of those teases at the end of BFA, with lore that mirrors the creation of the Dragon Soul. In 9.1 we got the Timeless Mechanical Dragonling which gives off vibes of the Infinite Dragonflight, but also the engineering prowess required to build a mechanical dragon.

But they do have a thematic tie-in with the next expansion, since they're all dragons, and there's almost no dragon-stuff in Shadowlands. I'm not sure why you're obsessing over the timing when we have a thematic similarity in place.

The Steelscale Incinerator was also part of the "Dragon Pack" from last month, which is also considered a hint for the next expansion. Ironically, it was the only dragon in the pack.
    I mean if you're grabbing at that straw, then all those mounts would be hints. And that means you have double hints towards 'Lifelands' since you have both a Fae Dragon and Blinky in the pack, and a new DragonMountEmerald buff for a recent tie-in. That's what your evidence is suggesting.

I don't think this is the case though, since the Dragon Pack mounts do not have anything to do with the tie-in patch for next expansion.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-01-17 at 05:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    I mean if you're grabbing at that straw, then all those mounts would be hints. And that means you have double hints towards 'Lifelands' since you have both a Fae Dragon and Blinky in the pack, and a new DragonMountEmerald buff for a recent tie-in. That's what your evidence is suggesting.
    Well no. Fae Dragons are related to the Shadowlands because Ardenweald is related to the Emerald Dream. Shadowlands has nothing to do with Mechanical Dragons thematically.

Which community? On MMOC the Tinker wins every future class poll by a hefty margin. On the official forums, Tinkers get brought up as a future class constantly. Why do you think so many leaks showcase the Tinker as the next class? It’s the meta surrounding the game. The concept is far more popular than people give it credit for.

However, that’s entirely irrelevant to the point here; The point is that Blizzard took it upon themselves to place two mechanical dragons in the game between BFA and Shadowlands. Dragons were not the theme of BFA, and they’re not the theme of Shadowlands, but supposedly they’re the theme of the next expansion, and Blizzard decided to combine that theme with technology twice. If we are to take future expansion hints as clues to their thematics and we have two hints that are merging a tech and a Dragon theme, where’s the leap in saying that there could be a tech-based class in the next expansion?

The point is that in order for a class inclusion to take place, the class’ theme has to be core to the expansion. That was not the case with Mechagon, thus your argument that a Tinker should have arrived with BFA is flawed.

See above.

If we had two undead dragon items between BFA and Shadowlands, and one had been risen by a Necromancer, perhaps. However, since they were both mechanical themed and one was built by a Gnome inventor, Tinker gets the significant edge.

The community that doesn't like gnomes or goblins as a playable race. Why in the world would they introduce a new class for two already established races that are unpopular. Demon hunter used to be the most highly requested and it came in for two of the most popular races and even it isn't close to the most popular class.

The leap in logic in going from Dragons with a mechanical theme and then jumping towards Tinker as a possible class is that tinkers have nothing to do with dragons as a whole. The only way in the slightest possible metric that this would be possible is if the entire expansion was focused on a mechanical dragon flight. There are over 10 already established dragon flights. Do you seriously believe there is even the smallest percentage of a chance that a mechanical dragon flight is going to be the main theme in-order to justify tinker? They are going to be a small part of the expansion, if they are even going to be apart at all.

Yeah, if I actually said BFA was the time for tinker that would be a flaw argument. However, both of us know that isn't what my argument is. My argument that the theme of mechagon as an expansion would've been the time for Tinker. Yet, blizzard gave it half of a patch. The holy grail for Gnomish technology and the heart of the tinker class was reduced to half of a patch where the main focus of that patch wasn't even on Mechagon.

Necromancers and dragons have much more lore together than Tinker and Dragons do. If blizzard was going to choose one of those two classes to add with a dragon expansion, they would choose the one that already has established lore together. However, neither class is going to be added in this expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    The thing that bugs me is that before shadowlands were released and revealed there were constant argument how much tinker fits that expansion because death has no dominion over mechanical stuff. They would help us fight in the death realm. Perfect expansion for tinkers and all the titan structures in Uldum also supported this idea yadda yadda yadda.

Now when tinker didn't appear in shadowlands, this was suddenly the perfect expansion for necromancer or dark ranger and it didn't fit tinkers. But now dragons are the perfect tinker expansion... it's just ridiculous how things constantly changes in favor of tinkers. In the end all expansions fit tinkers apparently, until they don't get implemented. Then the next expansion fits.
    It's becoming a conspiracy theory at this point that tinker is going to be the next class. The confirmation bias is genuinely insane

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaqthefat View Post
    The community that doesn't like gnomes or goblins as a playable race. Why in the world would they introduce a new class for two already established races that are unpopular. Demon hunter used to be the most highly requested and it came in for two of the most popular races and even it isn't close to the most popular class.
    To be fair, the Tinker class doesn't need to be exclusive to Goblins and Gnomes.

Example;

So what you're describing shouldn't be an issue. A Tinker class wouldn't just be a class for Gnomes and Goblins.

The leap in logic in going from Dragons with a mechanical theme and then jumping towards Tinker as a possible class is that tinkers have nothing to do with dragons as a whole. The only way in the slightest possible metric that this would be possible is if the entire expansion was focused on a mechanical dragon flight. There are over 10 already established dragon flights. Do you seriously believe there is even the smallest percentage of a chance that a mechanical dragon flight is going to be the main theme in-order to justify tinker? They are going to be a small part of the expansion, if they are even going to be apart at all.
    I think you're looking too deeply into it. If the mechanical dragons are an actual hint for the next expansion, then that could just mean that there is a mechanical theme and a dragon theme operating in the same expansion. In other words, co-themes, not combined themes.

Yeah, if I actually said BFA was the time for tinker that would be a flaw argument. However, both of us know that isn't what my argument is. My argument that the theme of mechagon as an expansion would've been the time for Tinker. Yet, blizzard gave it half of a patch. The holy grail for Gnomish technology and the heart of the tinker class was reduced to half of a patch where the main focus of that patch wasn't even on Mechagon.
    Except Mechagon wasn't meant to be it's own expansion, it was meant as a way to introduce Mecagnomes, and to give Gnomes some much needed lore. Also the heart of the Tinker class is goblins, not gnomes. The Tinker hero is a Goblin.

Necromancers and dragons have much more lore together than Tinker and Dragons do. If blizzard was going to choose one of those two classes to add with a dragon expansion, they would choose the one that already has established lore together. However, neither class is going to be added in this expansion.
    While I respect your opinion, that opinion isn't really relevant to this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaqthefat View Post
    a) While goblins and gnomes are an obvious pick for tinkers I'd say that dwarves, draenei, forsaken and orcs are could candidates for tinkers too.
    b) Class plays as much if not a bigger role than a race.
    c) Tinker does not have to become the most popular class.

Well no. Fae Dragons are related to the Shadowlands because Ardenweald is related to the Emerald Dream. Shadowlands has nothing to do with Mechanical Dragons thematically.
    Sure it does. Craftenium is mentioned as a realm within the Shadowlands, where all ingenius inventors go.

If you're going to Kevin Bacon these connections, then everything's connected in some way.

And thats the point here. Mech Dragons have as much to do with Shadowlands (which is pretty much a meaningless connection) as they would in Dragon Isles. I mean, what would the reason be for the Steamscale to be at Dragon Isles from a lore perspective? Because you think Wrathion would work with the Goblins? The Steamscale wasn't even built by Goblins....
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-01-17 at 06:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Sure it does. Craftenium is mentioned as a realm within the Shadowlands, where all ingenius inventors go.
    Do we have any mechanical dragons coming out of Craftenium? If not, then I'm going to have to disagree.

Do we have any mechanical dragons coming out of Craftenium? If not, then I'm going to have to disagree.
    We don't have any coming out of Dragon Isles either :/