Mount Hyjal Trash

So I only did it once back in the day, and the wiki says that a wipe = re-doing the whole 8 waves + boss.

I'm assuming the top guilds on each server crush the place with ease.

But does it kill more casual guilds that are 5/6 3/4?
    Raid bosses will always be very similar so long as encounter design requires DPS to always be pumping 100%.

Wiping on Hyjal trash can make it super boring but I don't think it could break a guild.
    BT is way more likely to do that.

There's more or less no dps requirement so just bring more tanks and healers than you usually do and you'll faceroll it.

Wipe for the rep!!

Back in the day you'd know if your group was able to kill the boss if they were also able to clear all thrash packs. One trick is to pull the boss through all NPC's if things started to look bad. Players are a lot more experienced now so I don't expect much trouble.

I wouldn't worry about it. Average dps is way up on what it was in TBC. Almost everyone will be 10 out of 10 because of attunements so if you can clear that then you certainly should be able to clear 4 out if 5. Just watch your aggro, pull in the NPCs and it's basically done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

A lot more than the top guilds on each server are going to crush MH based on how easy it was on PTR. Also how the hell are people still 3/4 and 5/6 after the nerfs?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can't imagine people having trouble with the trash these days. On Horde anyway it was rare to see protection paladins, which made the place super easy. If you can handle the trash in SSC/TK than you should have zero problems with the trash in MH. Barely any of it really does anything special, and the first four bosses are pretty much easier than anything you've handled in TBC.

Even the most dogshit of dad guilds will hit 4/5 first week

Killing the trash isnt too much of a problem.

Being bored out of your mind, waiting for more trash to spawn is another problem entirely. The very idea of going back in MH after 4 montsh of clearing it might just break some people.

the one thing i remember about MH trash is making sure to carry a spare shield, as a port pally my primary would occasionally break from the abuse.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    There's more or less no dps requirement so just bring more tanks and healers than you usually do and you'll faceroll it.
    Not exactly... the trash spawns with timers so if youre too slow at killing them youll be overrun.

But with the knowledge and skillz we have today it shouldnt be a problem... we will see if there are any bugs. :P
    If combat bug happens it might be a killer when healers cant drink between trash waves.

Quote Originally Posted by Otaka View Post
    Not exactly... the trash spawns with timers so if youre too slow at killing them youll be overrun.

But with the knowledge and skillz we have today it shouldnt be a problem... we will see if there are any bugs. :P
    If combat bug happens it might be a killer when healers cant drink between trash waves.
    The trash waves have a 3 minute timer, most ptr logs I saw were killing the waves in 45 seconds. Even if you were twice as slow you'd still have 90 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    The trash waves have a 3 minute timer, most ptr logs I saw were killing the waves in 45 seconds. Even if you were twice as slow you'd still have 90 seconds.
    The problem with PTR is that usually hardcore players go there to test new content AND log it aswell. Ofcourse exceptions can exist but i would argue that the average skill players have on PTR is higher than on live.

So those logs might be misleading. Also the trash timer is 2 minutes, not 3... unless they changed that for classic.

2 between waves, 3 before the boss according to wiki
    Raid bosses will always be very similar so long as encounter design requires DPS to always be pumping 100%.

The trash waves are pretty easy and the bosses (the first 3 at least) are a complete joke. Shouldn't be the case of breaking up guilds.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bramickias View Post
    Killing the trash isnt too much of a problem.

Being bored out of your mind, waiting for more trash to spawn is another problem entirely. The very idea of going back in MH after 4 montsh of clearing it might just break some people.
    +100
    All Hyjal bosses are trivial, except maybe the endboss (which doesn't have its own trash). But the waves are soooo boring... Not sure if I can deal with the farm for months. This is the worst part of BC raids for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by garicasha View Post
    So I only did it once back in the day, and the wiki says that a wipe = re-doing the whole 8 waves + boss.

I'm assuming the top guilds on each server crush the place with ease.

But does it kill more casual guilds that are 5/6 3/4?
    Guilds that are 5/6 and 3/4 wont be able to zone into MH, as it requires to kill both vashj and kael. BT needs you to kill Winterchill.

Once you killed vash and kael 3/5 MH should be easy. Azgalor is like Morogrimm (a little harder than all the bosses before)

Sadly MH is ToTC of TBC - worst raid in this xpack.
    Waiting for new waves is annoying af.
    Fortunately after 3-4 weeks of doing it typical guild will know how to handle it properly and the place will become 30min of free loot with spawn AOE-ing packs.
    Last edited by Mendzia; 2022-01-17 at 08:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MuH sTaTe LiNeS View Post
    A lot more than the top guilds on each server are going to crush MH based on how easy it was on PTR. Also how the hell are people still 3/4 and 5/6 after the nerfs?
    I think he meant guilds that were 3/4 and 5/6 before it got nerfed, which are casual guilds.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    Sadly MH is ToTC of TBC - worst raid in this xpack.
    Waiting for new waves is annoying af.
    Fortunately after 3-4 weeks of doing it typical guild will know how to handle it properly and the place will become 30min of free loot with spawn AOE-ing packs.
    Why don't people like Trial of the Crusader? I loved it, bosses were all solid, I in fact LOVED the PvP fight. AND best of all, no god damn trash