Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Fail to understand the need for community council if this is what we get. The examples they used could easily have been done by Blizzard without any council whatsoever.

Q: Will shards of domination be usable in 9.2 content?
    A: No.
    Well they only invited raiders and hardcore, and arent interacting with them. So yes, it was, and continues to be, a poorly done PR stunt.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Wow... that comic hit them in the face.
    Yeah,that comic is passive aggressive sarcasm in it's text book form,it's pretty much perfect.

I thought this WoW community council was suppose to use community feedback to improve the game that was different than the traditional feedback methods.

The two examples are:

1. Raid tuning adjustments. I thought we already did this with every raid release?

2. Fixing an exploitable trinket Did we really need a community council to tell them to nerf the stupid thing?

Don't misunderstand me - these two topics should be topics within the council. However - where is my meat and potatoes fixes?
    Last edited by imperialcruzer; 2022-01-17 at 11:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Wu View Post
    All the good threads about their fundamental game design being broken continue to be ignored in favor of expansion-specific problems only people who still play this awful game care about.

They will continue to fail until they start actually wanting to reach out to the literal millions of people who have quit in the last couple years.
    Absolutely agree! I see all these videos about upcoming changes, etc, etc. But they are just changes to systems that are currently in place that only the players still somehow hanging around are effected by.
    I basically did zero during this expansion as a sort of silent protest to the current state of WoW. I am after 16+ years fed up with mindless chores over and over and over again while they continue to take the game and lore in some bizarre direction. Now we are supposedly in the afterlife, but it looks like everything else. only weirder. I get to run dungeons over and over looking for gear for months until they release a patch that makes all the hard work I did obsolete. I have to take part in boring systems like leveling up my renown or my conduits. Well screw that. I am like renown 8! My conduits are non existent. If I run Torghast it would be because I wanted to level up my alts, or get transmog gear, or mounts, or other fun items. Not for soul ash to get some crappy Legendary items that make my char finally feel like my char.

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Well they only invited raiders and hardcore, and arent interacting with them. So yes, it was, and continues to be, a poorly done PR stunt.
    They invited players that do pretty much everything in the game, and to be fair it's paradoxical to try and find an average casual/cyclical player because those usually are not invested enough to partake in forums or even something like a community council.

But yeah, so far it's just the same cesspool as the general forums with some exclusivity and an additional proofread, this thing has absolutely no structure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im so tired of see classic shit posts

As long as the people in charge of these companies give disproportionally much power to certain individuals with a specific view, I can't see how a council will make it better. Many changes are based on a specific civil religious interpretation of the world that funnily enough looks more like their supposed ideological opposite.
    Last edited by Voidism; 2022-01-18 at 07:07 AM.

Didn't we all know the Council is just a PR thing to make them look like they care? It's not like Blizzard really DOESN'T KNOW what's wrong - it's that they're trying to make us accept the abusive mechanics they'd like to see in the game, knowing full well we hate them. And a CC going "lots of people kinda hate all this timegating shit, you know" is neither news to them nor effective in getting them off that track.

People need to realize that the days of direct customer to developer feedback is long gone. Microsoft obliterated their entire QA division 10 years ago, they are still going strong and consequently fellow tech companies have followed. It has all moved to a direction where improvements are introduced in new content which people will pay for in advance, the team which is responsible to retrospectively adjust content has the least funding and is mainly responsible for fixing the FOBAR situations like covenants and shards (which if you can actually play the game is clear as night and day, that it was rushed and implemented without much consideration).

These kind of shifts are made since it makes financial sense in the long term. Just like how subscription based features in cars are becoming a thing. Its cheaper to produce 1 car under 1 model and offer features to customers that are willing to pay for the premium. There might be off shoot companies like framework (which linustechtips is supporting) which develop open-source customer-specific serviceable laptops, but these are niches; Nonetheless it's a fact that the most successful electronics company is Apple despite having the least customizable, serviceable and compatible devices. Yet people buy them be it for the reason of the utility it provides or purely the brand.

The only real decision you have as a consumer is, if you don't like it, don't buy it.

Markets force these companies to adjust / course correct their blunders, getting your knives and pitchforks out for each and every act of indiscretion be it in-game or outside (like the Blitzchung controversy) has clearly shown, companies like blizzard (and all others tbf) will paint its face in any which way possible to ride out the media storm, but functionally (under-the-hood) it's business as usual. Want to hit them where it hurts? Don't give them your money.
    Last edited by Guanciale; 2022-01-18 at 11:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Fail to understand the need for community council if this is what we get.
    How else could they get important and ground breaking feedback across like: "pushing to know more about the tentative raid testing schedule" ?

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    How else could they get important and ground breaking feedback across like: "pushing to know more about the tentative raid testing schedule" ?
    haha my bad, I forgot that one! Thank god the council is on the ball on that one, cause lord knows I care so much about raid testing!

5+ Year Old Account
    So CC exists to ask about stuff like shards of domination after blizz already decided to make them worthless next patch..

CC is just there for blizz to pretend to pay attention..

Btw CC is also short for crowd control...

Quote Originally Posted by Ilnez View Post
    This is the ultimate "WE'RE DOING SOMETHING WE PROMISE." Community Council cringe, a bunch of dog water players who have no idea how to actually play the game making decisions and pretending they represent the rest of us.

God it's so shit.
    They know how to play the game. You just want people on the council who play the game the way you wanted it played so it is catered solely to you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Didn't we all know the Council is just a PR thing to make them look like they care? It's not like Blizzard really DOESN'T KNOW what's wrong - it's that they're trying to make us accept the abusive mechanics they'd like to see in the game, knowing full well we hate them. And a CC going "lots of people kinda hate all this timegating shit, you know" is neither news to them nor effective in getting them off that track.
    That is what you declared it to be, not what it actually is.

Quote Originally Posted by imperialcruzer View Post
    2. Fixing an exploitable trinket Did we really need a community council to tell them to nerf the stupid thing?
    Would you be able to clarify on how an item that's functioning within it's original design is exploiting the game, if it is an ingame exploit then why would they nerf it rather than outright fix it?

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    i understand the comic....i can also imagine one where they had actually 6 months worth of cake (it would be way more than 3) that gets eaten in 1 day.