Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    So like 6 months? I mean its a fitting punishment, but I will think it's funny when she's back before 11.0

A regular player could farm 100-500 souls in a day. Plus its probably a lot easier with the mawsworn becoming suddenly unemployed.
    Even at a rate of 500 souls a day, she'd be there for almost 6 years if we only assume 1 million souls. Your math skills are lacking.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlands-is-fake View Post
    FWIW, Mike Ybarra tweeted that he's been on a bunch of exciting product reviews throughout January, and he "can't wait" to share it with us. The final review seems scheduled for the last week of January which lines up nicely with February being "announcement month".
    The mental image of him playing on his computer all day with the occasional project head walking in & giving a presentation on what they're releasing the following week is extremely sad.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Even at a rate of 500 souls a day, she'd be there for almost 6 years if we only assume 1 million souls. Your math skills are lacking.
    I estimated 500 a day, for a normal person. Sylvanas would be about 10 to 20 times as effective. She was a raid boss after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    No, but I have a realistic view on the last years of WoW's development and the company Blizzard is / has become.
    The world revamp in cataclysm was a massive undertaking for Blizzard back then. I agree with you - to think that Blizzard are capable of doing that again in this day and age is nothing but wishful dreams. Besides, they even said themself it wasnt even worth it cause most players didnt actually level in the redone zones and it took alot of development time away from endgame stuff.

Now what I think they might do is tie certain zones into future xpacs. If theres a new landmass outside of EK/K, maybe the odd zone here and there gets an update if its relevant to the story. That way they can over time change & develop the old world while not spending all resources on remaking the whole world.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    I estimated 500 a day, for a normal person. Sylvanas would be about 10 to 20 times as effective. She was a raid boss after all.
    That's an arbitrary benefit given to her. Given that the limitation wasn't really combat, and she likely lost quite a bit of power from breaking with Zovaal, i don't see why she should be all that much higher. Besides, you're calculating for the absolute minimum number of souls. It could even be more than 10, which would get her stuck for decades at least.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    The world revamp in cataclysm was a massive undertaking for Blizzard back then. I agree with you - to think that Blizzard are capable of doing that again in this day and age is nothing but wishful dreams. Besides, they even said themself it wasnt even worth it cause most players didnt actually level in the redone zones and it took alot of development time away from endgame stuff.
    The latter is far more important. Regardless of whether they are able to do it; they're not going to, because it isn't cost effective and they'd be far better off making new stuff. This is simple economics. Especially after they just reworked the level up experience in a way that allows them to keep it fresh without having to redo the world.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by She of Three Faces View Post
    An emerald dragon mount doesn't necessarily confirm the entire expansion is going to be about dragons. Emerald dragons represent the plane of life, they are of the dream and are symbols of renewal. Emerald Dragons are guardians of nature and aid in the healing of the land along with druids.

Elune gave Tyrande a choice and she chose renewal. Death, rebirth, and renewal are all parts of nature and of life. Millennia of war and death have marred Azeroth, wounding her deeply from which she has little time to recover. Azeroth and her children desperately need healing and renewal to grow, to survive. As such I believe a major theme of the next expansion will be renewal given it is a heavy focus in Ardenweald, the night elf storyline and the state of things after Shadowlands. Renewal is often born of death. Who better to aid us in healing the planet's wounds than Emerald Dragons, Black Dragons, and Red Dragons? But first we must help all five flights gather strength and solve major problems plaguing them.

The choice of an emerald drake mount specifically as opposed to the other four flights or a mount representing all five (color changing) could be telling. Then there are the phoenix and furline mounts that have designs both reminiscent of Kaldorei/Moon and Sin'dorei/Sun. The cat mount especially feels like it would be denizen of the Emerald Dream While I believe that dragons and the dragon isles will feature, I don't think the expansion is going to focus on just those two things. WoW's dragons aren't really that interesting by themselves. I think there will be focus on healing and rebuilding as well as growth for the people of Azeroth. Think new race/class combos, new allied races, new races, continuing plotlines, customizations, etc.

I'd like see Chromatus and maybe even an undead Galakrond make an appearance!
    So what about the dragon mount pack they released before that..? Yeah 10.0 is 100% about dragonS OR dragons just play a big role in the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    I don't see self-piloted flight between the continents, but they could implement taxi flights between continents, the basic tech is there with how SL's In-Between is handled. You select a flight point on another continent, the taxi flies to the closest shore, then the scenery changes to open sea (also doubling as the loading screen) and after a short while you arrive on the other continent.
    This "closest shore" would probably be a good handful of fixed points, invisible flight point nodes, which ideally connect to the closest point to your destination on the other continent, from where conventional taxi flight resumes.
    Shadowlands is still one continent with every zone on the same map. They would need new tech for seamless transition between different continents on different world servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Shadowlands is still one continent with every zone on the same map. They would need new tech for seamless transition between different continents on different world servers.
    You mean like what they used to make it seem like Garrisons were a part of the world, rather than instanced scenarios?

That's an arbitrary benefit given to her. Given that the limitation wasn't really combat, and she likely lost quite a bit of power from breaking with Zovaal, i don't see why she should be all that much higher. Besides, you're calculating for the absolute minimum number of souls. It could even be more than 10, which would get her stuck for decades at least.

- - - Updated - - -

The latter is far more important. Regardless of whether they are able to do it; they're not going to, because it isn't cost effective and they'd be far better off making new stuff. This is simple economics. Especially after they just reworked the level up experience in a way that allows them to keep it fresh without having to redo the world.
    The groundwork for a world revamp has been worked on for years at this point. Goats were given a new HD model in SL that is only used as filler NPCs in a small corner of Bastion for instance.

Cata had to update zones, make them fit for flying, give each zone new quests, and on top of that make entirely new zones.

A new world revamp would have significantly less to do if Blizzard are smart about it. Placing endgame zones in the revamped zones, not filling every single zone up with quests, reusing zones for several things.
    And of course not to mention that we don't even need to update both EK and Kalimdor at the same time. Just update one for an expansion.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    To be honest Ogre stuff even on Azeroth isn't completely out of the question since in the New Leveling Experience zone (Exiles Reach is it called?) we do go against Ogres and their Necromancers raising dead dragons... DRAGONS
    HOLD AWN.. another dragon hint!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    The groundwork for a world revamp has been worked on for years at this point. Goats were given a new HD model in SL that is only used as filler NPCs in a small corner of Bastion for instance.
    Correction: Something you percieve as said groundwork has been worked on. We don't know if it actually is a concerted effort or just stuff they happened to want to do for other projects.

With the game set up as it is now, a revamp no longer serves a practical purpose. If they want to reuse existing zones as endgame content, it'd be far easier to just make a new version that exists independent of the original.

all this posts remembers myself on „Wrath of Aszhara“.
    we all know how this ended up.

or remembering pre WoD?
    and then all the ppls going like „time travelling parallel world orcs??? WTF ???“

yeah, The Dragon Isles… this will end up funny… when Blizz comes up with his next utterly BS theme
    oooh, this will become popcorn-time!
    Last edited by Niwes; 2022-01-18 at 09:59 AM.

Here's my idea of how it all goes down...

Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    All remaining draconic threats left that will most likely make an appearance.

Sinestra, twilight dragonflight, and the twilight's hammer.

Are active during the shaman order campaign.

Goriana.

Flew off to who knows where after us killing black horn.

Chromatus.

Was defeated and imprisoned.

Murozond.

Nozdormu has yet to go crazy and form the MU infinites.

Galakrond.

Will most likely be rez'ed or fought via time travel

Okay with those characters in mind, here is how I imagine a 10.0 Dragon Expansion:

Basically, everything N'zoth had done (knowing Deathwing could probably be defeated if the aspects sacrificed their power, which they did), has led to the twilights hammer (AKA Void) finally getting a huge advantage by having a nearly undefeatable Chromatus fight the weakened aspect leaders by merging with the Soul of Galkrond. Chromatus can not be destroyed unless the Titan's blueprints for dragons, on the titan facility on Dragon Isles, is used to de-couple the titan's power from dragons permanently, effectively ending the future reproduction of dragons. I call this expansion, "THE END OF DRAGONS". In opposition to this, Nozdormu vows to make sure the end of dragons never comes to pass and requisitions Alleria's teachings of the void to gain the power to save the dragon race and resist becoming Murozond in the process.
    Last edited by Lights Vengeance; 2022-01-18 at 10:09 AM.

- - - Updated - - -

Back in Cata it made somewhat understandable why they wanted to redo EK/K, especially since the xpac theme and villain suited it fairly well. Today we have chromie time and new players gets shuffeled into the previous xpac(Now its BfA, for 10.0 its SL). With that in mind, I see no reason for Blizzard to redo two huge continents. I think people forget just how damn huge these two continents are.

Also, just look how fast people churn through leveling. Even in classic its a quick experience for many, especially those that are know in the wow universe. The issue with leveling is that while it might be cool, fun and interesting the first time - its really a one time experience. After the first run its not really that fun anymore. Leveling is also something that is done and dusted once you reach 60. Its great for storytelling while leveling but beyond that it serves no purpose.

Since we already have classic(som now), chromie time(For cata revamp zones), BC servers and soon enough Wotlk servers I see no reason why Blizzard should redo EK/K once again.

Would I like a Azeroth centered xpac? Sure I wouldnt mind one bit, but please make new zones. Not redone zones.

What industry events are scheduled this year that would be an ideal time for Blizzard to announce the next expansion?

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Back in Cata it made somewhat understandable why they wanted to redo EK/K...

...I see no reason why Blizzard should redo EK/K once again.

Would I like a Azeroth centered xpac? Sure I wouldnt mind one bit, but please make new zones. Not redone zones.

If the next really xpac is about the dragon isles, I would love the idea of a partial redo of EK. And I think it would make sense.

The dragon isles should be a peninsula in the north of Lorderon. Lorderon/Tirisfal/Undercity are destroyed and filled with poisonous fog. Makes sense to recultivate the land, but also for some alien lifeforms who dwell in the fog.
    The dragon isles themself can be quite exotic, maybe containing 3 zones.
    1st: A dragon centered zone.
    2nd: The old god temple, it being the remains of the 5th/forgotton old god. (It maybe being Xal'atath or Xal'atath being its offspring)
    3rd: a titan facility

The other playable zones could than be placed in Lorderon: Tirisfal glades with Tyrs Fall or the Ruins of Stratholm.

Correction: Something you percieve as said groundwork has been worked on. We don't know if it actually is a concerted effort or just stuff they happened to want to do for other projects.

With the game set up as it is now, a revamp no longer serves a practical purpose. If they want to reuse existing zones as endgame content, it'd be far easier to just make a new version that exists independent of the original.
    Currently we have Exiles reach as the tutorial 1-10 levelling bracket, and BfA as the much more important 10-50 bracket where players learn all their skills.
    The game really could use a custom made 10-50 levelling area for new players on the same level of depth as Exiles reach, somewhere that can be used for years to come and allow new expansions to slot into the 50-60 levelling bracket afterwards.

Each race for instance could really do with a piece of levelling that properly lays the groundwork for new players to understand what they are all about and what they are working towards.
    Dwarves for instance don't really get to understand stuff like why there is a council, or why there are 2 variations of classic Tolkienesque dwarves and one that flies around instead. A revamped levelling that has a zone or two that slowly gives the players some basic info on dwarves would do wonders for new players.

And sure, could be Blizzard just revamps wildly unlikely stuff like Quillboar for a random area in Kul Tiras, or an HD version of the human inn model.
    Could be that this will be used somewhere else, the revamped Nelf buildings we got for Darkshore could probably be used in new zones fairly easily.
    The question is though of why do all this work and not make use of it to explore old zones again?

The old zones in EK and Kalimdor are by all rights old enough now to essentially be unknown zones to the players. Loch Modan is only really visited by veteran players who feel nostalgia for it while levelling. So why not reuse it and make it more meaningful to the game rather than just being Dwarf zone #2?

The next expansion could be Dragon Isles, sure. But what about after that? Are we jumping straight back into cosmic stuff with Lifelands? It's the only area I can think of that can contain a full expansion, and which has also got some preexisting grounding in lore. The backside of Azeroth could maybe work, but we don't know anything about it, so it would really just be making stuff up as we go along.

EK and Kalimdor have loads of zones we know, and which have ongoing stories in them.
    Are we really going to be so adamant that every single zone ever is new that we never visit Feralas again? Is Stratholme going to be burning forever just because?

There is a wealth of old zones, and they are old enough that they might as well be unused.
    Why not just set an expansion in an old continent? For variety if nothing else.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by trollied View Post
    What industry events are scheduled this year that would be an ideal time for Blizzard to announce the next expansion?
    Hasn't everything already been cancelled due to Omicron?

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't think it is going to be dragon isles expansion but rather the emerald dream expansion. That's why they made this cosmic chart map with all those plains.
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    all this posts remembers myself on „Wrath of Aszhara“.
    we all know how this ended up.

or remembering pre WoD?
    and then all the ppls going like „time travelling parallel world orcs??? WTF ???“

yeah, The Dragon Isles… this will end up funny… when Blizz comes up with his next utterly BS theme
    oooh, this will become popcorn-time!
    But don't forget the other times as well, like the South Seas (albeit it was talked for years before finally getting KulTiras and Zuldazar with Island Expeditions for other islands)
    Also post legion there have been hints at Dragons coming back, in BFA as well.
    In Legion we were told regarding Deaths of Chromie being scaled to level 113 that dragons would be relevant again at 113, while in BfA we had Wrathion dropping dragon hints and the scale quest.

What this DID remind me of was all the leaks for the previous expansion mentioning Revamped Northrend, Global Warming Northrend... and then shoehorning the Dragon Isles to be near this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sandini View Post
    If the next really xpac is about the dragon isles, I would love the idea of a partial redo of EK. And I think it would make sense.

The dragon isles should be a peninsula in the north of Lorderon. Lorderon/Tirisfal/Undercity are destroyed and filled with poisonous fog. Makes sense to recultivate the land, but also for some alien lifeforms who dwell in the fog.
    2nd: The old god temple, it being the remains of the 5th/forgotton old god. (It maybe being Xal'atath or Xal'atath being its offspring)

The other playable zones could than be placed in Lorderon: Tirisfal glades with Tyrs Fall or the Ruins of Stratholm.
    I wanna see a whole zone wide titan city, or taking up a large part of the zone, Like Suramar and Revendreth, Ulduar while it was big, most of the stuff was behind instance portals and not in the open world.
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Quote Originally Posted by sandini View Post

Yes! Something like that. Its fine to redo a couple of zones if it fits the overall xpac theme/story.