Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Post The dreaming expansion

I have seen some slides of a presentation for the next expansion while working.
    Firstly the expansion is called “The Dreaming”.
    Azeroth has been injured further in the fight against the jailer so the heroes must travel to the emerald dream in an attempt to restore Azeroth.
    There is a faction merge
    The level cap remains at 60. There is some new “paragon” leveling system. I don’t know too much about how this will work
    There is player housing in a select few zones.
    No new class
    There are allied races from the shadowlands.
    There is some sort of corruption spreading in the dream that we must stop. One of the zones is a dead forest that is overrun by corruption. Another is where the well of eternity would be, an old god is attempting to manifest here.
    Ysera helps us travel there.
    A faction called the wild druids these give new druid forms as a reward.

A Legendary trinket from the main quest line.

Cities will build and evolve in the dream caused by player actions this can open new opportunities and close others. Defend these from invaders that despise your presence and gather resources to help the settlement expand.

10+ Year Old Account
    Emerald Dream, corruption, dead forests, Ysera, and an Old God within the dream... literally all covered off in 7.0.

lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akhlys View Post
    Once upon a time, boats were full of leaks. Now, our leaks are full of boats.

Slides for what presentation? currently not Blizzcon. So you're saying you work for Blizzard on the campus?

If you saw "slides" then it must be legit. I don't even know if anyone still uses "slides," they sort of have the same value of a typewriter in today's tech driven world.

10+ Year Old Account
    I could go for an Emerald Dream expansion, yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyux View Post
    Emerald Dream, corruption, dead forests, Ysera, and an Old God within the dream... literally all covered off in 7.0.

lol.
    I was so mad.

I hope SL was the dreaming expansion.
    Other than that, decent start but you need a lot of work on the details, lol

Not creative 2/10

Why would there be cities in the Emerald Dream?

Yeah and how would allied races work with everyone in Shadowlands except players and the faction leaders being dead, so not like they can leave the place.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    "Lifelands," Azeroth is dying, new Heart of Azeroth-type mechanic, generally disappointing.

Yep, this is probably the one.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by robbyrichards View Post
    No new class
    You got something right. Don't feel bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by kizcrew View Post
    Why would there be cities in the Emerald Dream?
    H.P. Lovecraft's Dreamlands:
    "The East, home of Celephaïs, a city dreamt into being by its monarch Kuranes, greatest of all recorded dreamers, and the dangerous Forbidden Lands."

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    Yeah and how would allied races work with everyone in Shadowlands except players and the faction leaders being dead, so not like they can leave the place.
    They can.

Quote Originally Posted by Luxeley View Post
    If you saw "slides" then it must be legit. I don't even know if anyone still uses "slides," they sort of have the same value of a typewriter in today's tech driven world.
    I assume they meant pages in a PowerPoint presentation.
    There are enough reasons to mistrust this, but the use of the word "slides" is actually not one of them.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    "The East, home of Celephaïs, a city dreamt into being by its monarch Kuranes, greatest of all recorded dreamers, and the dangerous Forbidden Lands."

They can.
    No they cant

And if they could we would never have to worry about someone die again, just go back to Shadowlands and bring them back.

Ohh and make sure before we leave to find Anduin Lorthar, Varian, Saurfang and all other dead heroes and bring them back with us.

Quote Originally Posted by robbyrichards View Post
    I have seen some slides of a presentation for the next expansion while working.
    Firstly the expansion is called “The Dreaming”.
    Azeroth has been injured further in the fight against the jailer so the heroes must travel to the emerald dream in an attempt to restore Azeroth.
    There is a faction merge
    The level cap remains at 60. There is some new “paragon” leveling system. I don’t know too much about how this will work
    There is player housing in a select few zones.
    No new class
    There are allied races from the shadowlands.
    There is some sort of corruption spreading in the dream that we must stop. One of the zones is a dead forest that is overrun by corruption. Another is where the well of eternity would be, an old god is attempting to manifest here.
    Ysera helps us travel there.
    A faction called the wild druids these give new druid forms as a reward.

A Legendary trinket from the main quest line.

Cities will build and evolve in the dream caused by player actions this can open new opportunities and close others. Defend these from invaders that despise your presence and gather resources to help the settlement expand.
    that was a really a very bad and very lazy try, tbh.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    "Lifelands," Azeroth is dying, new Heart of Azeroth-type mechanic, generally disappointing.

Yep, this is probably the one.
    the bold one gives every post the most trustworthiness for being a real Blizzard leak.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2022-01-18 at 09:53 AM.

lawl big no. This could have been feasable before legion and if it had a decent title, but most of that was wrapped up in legion.
    This is just lazy.

No they cant
    Kyrians leave the Shadowlands to ferry souls.
    The Maldraxxi have shown to venture outside the Shadowlands, for intel missions on Legion worlds.

Sounds better than some of them, which, sadly, means it's probably fan fiction.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    lawl big no. This could have been feasable before legion and if it had a decent title, but most of that was wrapped up in legion.
    This is just lazy.
    In fairness, bad title isn't too out of place. "Battle for Azeroth" and "Mists of Pandaria" seemed like sick jokes for titles...and they were; only the joke was on players.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post

They can.
    Emerald Dream is not Lovecraft's fiction. The Emerald Dream is a blueprint of Azeroth and it looks like what Azeroth would look like had no life ever inhabited and altered it.

- - - Updated - - -

No they cant
    They can and they have. The Kyrian go to Redridge in the Kyrian campaign.