Voters
214. This poll is closed
  • Yes

114 53.27%
  • No

100 46.73%
Page 15 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Yes, I believe we do. But NOT an automated system. That will be abused heavily. I think a tribunal like system that LoL use to implement may be the way to go.

Something that rewards players for correctly recognizing and calling out toxicity, while also punishing the offending player. Ban their IP or whatever so they can't just make a new account, put don't make bans permanent until their second offense. Give them a chance to redeem themselves. If they don't then screw them. Sell all their gear, give all their gold to their little brother, and delete their character like the good ole days.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Even assuming you what you said is true.

So according to your logic you were always bad, not top 1? Bad, "toxic" and should be sealed in low level M+, lfr and unrated pvp.

And no, that is not "toxic" people, stop trying to twist words to fit your definition. Community didn't "handle" anything, toxicity in wow is blooming.
    I guess I see myself more as the leper

I see you more as the advisors. You have no real interest in helping people rather you desire control over others. Your arguments have already broken down you know how and where the issue is yet you still want draconian control. The community has and will continue to police itself. I see no need for you, you would be king.

Nah idgaf what people say.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Sucralose View Post
    I guess I see myself more as the leper

I see you more as the advisors. You have no real interest in helping people rather you desire control over others. Your arguments have already broken down you know how and where the issue is yet you still want draconian control. The community has and will continue to police itself. I see no need for you, you would be king.
    What a nonsense, I strictly want to deny others their control fantasy. To silence/ban people that want to dictate other how they should play and enjoy game using questionable vocabulary.

Community has not and has never "policed" itself. Period. Toxicity is blooming while more and more people leave the game.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

What a nonsense, I strictly want to deny others their control fantasy. To silence/ban people that want to dictate other how they should play and enjoy game using questionable vocabulary.

Community has not and has never "policed" itself. Period. Toxicity is blooming while more and more people leave the game.
    Yet the guilds stand as they always have. The pvper still find their partners in arena and mythic 20s are run.

All seems right with the world as you pitifully cry out your desire to shackle others.

Yet the guilds stand as they always have. The pvper still find their partners in arena and mythic 20s are run.

All seems right with the world as you pitifully cry out your desire to shackle others.
    Its funny when your first sentence is furthest from truth possible as guilds keep falling apart, now more than ever.

That post instantly reminds me of that meme of a dog sitting in a room on fire.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Its funny when your first sentence is furthest from truth possible as guilds keep falling apart, now more than ever.

That post instantly reminds me of that meme of a dog sitting in a room on fire.
    The realms are already dead. You are either on area 52. malgnis, illidan, or tich or will be there soon enough. The "I play for fun crowd" doing 1k dps will always be among their ilk. The rest move on when they are ready this is a timeless system it is best not to disturb it more then it has been with welfare gear.

The realms are already dead. You are either on area 52. malgnis, illidan, or tich or will be there soon enough. The "I play for fun crowd" doing 1k dps will always be among their ilk. The rest move on when they are ready this is a timeless system it is best not to disturb it more then it has been with welfare gear.
    Those realms you listed are not even populated on EU lol.

Anyways why are you referring to "i play for fun crowd" in 3rd person? You are in that group.
    You are not top world player so you are in the "toxic bads with welfare gear" group.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Those realms you listed are not even populated on EU lol.

Anyways why are you referring to "i play for fun crowd" in 3rd person? You are in that group.
    You are not top world player so you are in the "toxic bads with welfare gear" group.
    If you are truly so lost you don't instinctively know by this point you are also so grossly uninformed that you can't make anything resembling a sensible opinion on this. You kind of come off as a person who forces their dog to be vegan.
    Last edited by Sucralose; 2022-01-18 at 06:17 PM.

No.

Define Toxic behavior. Is it the same as mine? The person playing next to me or you?

It's a varying slider that'll never be "quite enough" for someone, so that goalpost will always be moving.

Best to just not do it.

If you are truly so lost you don't instinctively know by this point you are so grossly uninformed to make anything resembling a sensible opinion on this. You kind of come off as a person who forces their dog to be vegan.
    And again you got it all backwards. This is your logic, so you have literally defeated yourself.
    It is you who want to categorize players as "bads" and "goods" so last metaphor is again, about you.

Suddenly when the line gets drawn above your skill, you get mad.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

And again you got it all backwards. This is your logic, so you have literally defeated yourself.
    It is you who want to categorize players as "bads" and "goods" so last metaphor is again, about you.

Suddenly when the line gets drawn above your skill, you get mad.
    I'm not upset I just don't think anyone perhaps not even yourself is able to understand what you are on about with that to be honest.
    Last edited by Sucralose; 2022-01-18 at 06:57 PM.

No. It can't.
    toxic player is simply someone with bad attitude.

Just because some people don't understand the word or try to twist it doesnt mean it suddenly means everything.

The same way you don't get to define word "green" by painting your grass blue.
    you failed to define the word Toxic ok.... you say some people don't understand a "word" but at the same time you refuse to define it....

i will not ask again you have proven my point

thank you

PS rules should not be based on feelings they should be based on fact/reality

- - - Updated - - -

it only takes 10 people to click on a players name and select report within a 24 hour period for that player to be banned unable to even chat with their battle.net friends on the battle.net app program

players reporting from the same guild may no longer stack or count as less then 1/10th of a report in a attempt to stop abuse of the function

its possible to report somebody without them ever sending a chat or voice message
    there is no GM review the ban is instant

if one player loses access to all communication and the ability to interact with friends in game that one player is going to encourage all of his friends to stop playing the game
    if you are somebody who wants to play with someone who is banned you are encouraged to quit the game and play something else with them

its not just the "evil" "banned" person that is encouraged to quit because of these nonsense systems

Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    you failed to define the word Toxic ok.... you say some people don't understand a "word" but at the same time you refuse to define it....

i will not ask again you have proven my point

thank you

PS rules should not be based on feelings they should be based on fact/reality
    Nice try but that is literally it, player with bad attitude. Also you never made a point to begin with. You just want to twist the definition to fit your argument.

it only takes 10 people to click on a players name and select report within a 24 hour period for that player to be banned unable to even chat with their battle.net friends on the battle.net app program

players reporting from the same guild may no longer stack or count as less then 1/10th of a report in a attempt to stop abuse of the function

Who said anything about trash automated systems that blizzard implemented?
    Protip: Not me, so next time you butt in in conversation, read entire context.

its possible to report somebody without them ever sending a chat or voice message
    there is no GM review the ban is instant
    And that makes it shit system that needs to be changed.

Anyways you are arguing against some imaginary i arguments i never said to the point i don't even know what you are talking about.
    Maybe you missclicked the reply button and wanted to reply to someone else?
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Self Inflicted Wounds View Post
    I know you were thinking you did something here, but you didn't.

I don't know what is worse, your extreme hypocrisy and violent threats, or your massive assumptions here.
    Hey JAB, is that you? Anyway, have you tried being a toxic douche IRL these days to see what happens, or have you changed your mind already? There is no better teacher than experience

Btw "violent threats" KEKW. That's a whole new level of projection going on there m8.
    Last edited by Soon-TM; 2022-01-19 at 06:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only if it’s not automated. It should be preferably handled through actual written warnings, and not a bot with instaban.

There’s mountains of evidence of players getting away with crap. No discipline or red flag and you get a player who never learns and repeats harm.

- - - Updated - - -

anything bad
    anything negative
    anything disagreeable
    anything that is against your own opinion

can be toxic and this makes the word worthless

trolling is also a worthless word you cant see inside another humans mind you cant tell if they are posting their true feelings or posting something they know is nonsense

do you want to define the word toxic/toxicity for us? go ahead and define it without using an example just define the word go for it
    You know very well what people mean by toxic. No, it’s not offensive words. Yes, it’s intent to harm or harass. I mean shit, do laws even exist where you live? Did your caregivers never set rules and punishments?

Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    You know very well what people mean by toxic. No, it’s not offensive words. Yes, it’s intent to harm or harass. I mean shit, do laws even exist where you live? Did your caregivers never set rules and punishments?
    I completely agree. We have plenty of people in this thread who are proud of wilfully not putting in an effort so other people will have a bad gaming experience.
    IRL such people would be punished by their parents/school/employer, but here in the cover of anonymity then can harass and harm people that respect the time and effort of other people.

Quote Originally Posted by T-34 View Post
    I completely agree. We have plenty of people in this thread who are proud of wilfully not putting in an effort so other people will have a bad gaming experience.
    IRL such people would be punished by their parents/school/employer, but here in the cover of anonymity then can harass and harm people that respect the time and effort of other people.
    I do get the vibe a lot of these people are the same ones that needed vote kick protection in Wrath because people still had tbc standards in their heads and would kick them for doing under hunter pet dmg.

Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    I don't know how you arrived to those conclusions. I don't go around being a aggressive or a dick to people.

I'll let my therapist know, that someone online pointed out I should seek medical help though. For sure.
    It’s good to know you are already getting help. I hope it works out for you. That attitude is not healthy on the long run.

bad performance is bad performance
    being toxic is being toxic

Imagine calling 95% of playerbase "toxic", holy shit the delusions.

And who sets the standards? You? Blizzard? Maybe we refer to 99% line so anyone who is below top 10 world is bad and automatically toxic?
    Did you respond to the wrong person? Your reply doesn't even make sense to what I said.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Hey JAB, is that you? Anyway, have you tried being a toxic douche IRL these days to see what happens, or have you changed your mind already? There is no better teacher than experience

Btw "violent threats" KEKW. That's a whole new level of projection going on there m8.
    As always, you deflect and dance around and try to be cute, but this kind of posting is really just shallow and I guess good for pumping up your post count.

You literally said "Go try to be tough and defiant in real life, and you will get punched." First, how did you suddenly change this to toxic douche? No, I am not afraid of you or anyone else trying to fight be if I were "tough and defiant" (which is different than a toxic douche).

I also have no idea who or what JAB is, but again, good try being cute.

Its like you are having these weird convos in your head about what you think is/will happen and then you are projecting it onto others.

Your first post I saw in this thread was you being unironically toxic and then being like "hehe I was just trying to teach you a lesson!" Sorry my man, you aren;t some wise old teacher and you definitely aren't doing a good job of trying to "get" anyone with this mindset either.

Oh yeah, obligatory KEWK and to be cute.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post

Peoples opinions in this thread on what is and isn't toxic is very polarizing, so I don't think we all know what it means. Especially with OPs posting history, I wouldn't trust many here to define toxicity and what and how you should be punished.