Page 2 of 80 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    So BoJo now says that nobody warned him about drinks not being allowed

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-60039868

P.S.
    Yeah, where is Dribbles?
    Beyond multiple people confirming that Cummings warned him (shit, how is Cummings the good guy in this?), wasn't the UK in lockdown around that time? So like, parties/gatherings of all sorts were banned? Doesn't he know what happens at his house?

Man, if only us regular folks could benefit from the, "We're stupid and didn't know this wasn't allowed. We're very sorry so we can't be in trouble!"

10+ Year Old Account
    So BoJo now says that nobody warned him about drinks not being allowed

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-60039868

P.S.
    Yeah, where is Dribbles?
    Getting his suitcase full of wine. Because this is a normal, everyone has a samsonite for their chardonnay.

For lunch. Our office is sending an intern to Taco Time. He'll hand them a rucksack and just say "fill it up".

10+ Year Old Account
    Operation Save Big Dog?

Could they have named it in any more obvious way what this is all about if they tried?

I mean, even basic logic says that when everything is locked down and prohibited it would also obviously include drinking party. A PM who can't even do basic logic? Hah...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

A PM who can't even do basic logic?
    I believe that's been the core selling point for the Boris Johnson brand since forever. And many Brits have loved him for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Operation Save Big Dog?

Could they have named it in any more obvious way what this is all about if they tried?
    This leads me to a sincere question.
    What are the politics of Pet Ownership in the UK?

Is Big DOg a lame attempt to win some unearned sympathy? Is it a dig at the Queen's love for small dogs?

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I believe that's been the core selling point for the Boris Johnson brand since forever. And many Brits have loved him for it.
    I guess that pretty much explains people like Dribbles and being OK with a clown leading the goverment, because that is funny. For the lulz, guys!
    P.S.
    No, seriously, where is Dribbles? This thread desperately needs him!
    /s
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess that pretty much explains people like Dribbles and being OK with a clown leading the goverment, because that is funny. For the lulz, guys!
    P.S.
    No, seriously, where is Dribbles? This thread desperately needs him!
    /s
    Dribbles is on a forum vacation at present. He'll probably get his posting access back in a couple of days time and grace us with his posts again.

I mean, even basic logic says that when everything is locked down and prohibited it would also obviously include drinking party. A PM who can't even do basic logic? Hah...
    He can do basic logic. The logic is this:

"Rules that apply to peasants do not apply to me. Therefore it is logical that I can do whatever the fuck I want while the peasants keep slaving away to pay for my generous salary. In conclusion: Fuck the peasants."

I think that's his logic. It's hard to find a fault in it, in isolation it is sound. The British public seems to come back for more everytime.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post

Is Big DOg a lame attempt to win some unearned sympathy? Is it a dig at the Queen's love for small dogs?
    I am going to take a wild guess and say Boris is compensating for his let's say short comings. I mean that's the only kind of grown men who call themselves big dog.

10+ Year Old Account

No, it's his standard machismo. Same as his going around licking people in hospital to prove Covid wasn't serious, then ending up in ICU on Oxygen for a week after catching Covid. It's pretty much the same exceptionalism Brexit is built on, which is why he was popular.

They should have called it Operation Save Marmite Duke.
    “There you stand, the good man doing nothing. And while evil triumphs, and your rigid pacifism crumbles to blood stained dust, the only victory afforded to you is that you stuck true to your guns.”

7+ Year Old Account
    The finest PM since Thatcher, nay perhaps Churchill, is going nowhere.

Even if 54 letters are received by Graham Brady forcing a leadership no confidence vote, the rebels still need to get more than 180 Tory MP's to not support our Boris and actually vote against him. Not going to happen.

Don't forget he was elected to get Brexit done - tick the people thank you Boris, and we are the first country in Europe, nay perhaps the world, to exit the pandemic and return all our unmuzzled freedoms from next week. Thanks once again, the people salute you Boris.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Alright, you cheeky bugger. I get where you're coming from.

Momentum seems to be like the left wing equivalent of the US’s Tea party. That is to say, not to be taken seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veggie50 View Post
    Momentum seems to be like the left wing equivalent of the US’s Tea party. That is to say, not to be taken seriously.
    I'm curious to learn more about the UK version.
    US does have it's own Momentum group, and it's a weird one. Some former Occupy Wall Street guys funded by Silicon Valley moguls to "disrupt" US politics.
    SO ya, another
    left wing equivalent of the US’s Tea party
    . Astroturfing service for shady billionaires.

Have you seen the voting record of this MP? His track record suggests he should never have been allowed into the Labour Party. Maybe take a look at what this person stands for, before you suggest that Momentum are making a mistake wanting him out of a party that's supposed to represent the working class.

If your only way to gain power is to become barely distinguishable from the very thing you were created to oppose, you've got a problem. Do you pursue power at any cost? Or try and hold onto a solid basis for your political beliefs? I would suggest that if we're going to regain the trust of the voters, being political and shifty isn't a good way to go about that.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post

Even if 54 letters are received by Graham Brady forcing a leadership no confidence vote, the rebels still need to get more than 180 Tory MP's to not support our Boris and actually vote against him. Not going to happen.

Don't forget he was elected to get Brexit done - tick the people thank you Boris, and we are the first country in Europe, nay perhaps the world, to exit the pandemic and return all our unmuzzled freedoms from next week. Thanks once again, the people salute you Boris.
    I'm surprised he made it through the day without a no confidence vote being called, Wakeford's defection seems to have galvanised the Tories for the time being and it looks like they'll wait until Sue Gray's report is released before deciding if they pull the trigger.

The polls are looking bad for the Tories and Brexit is over so they can no longer rely on Getting Brexit Done, Corbyn is gone and Johnson's election winning aura has been shattered therefore I think it is a question of when, rather than if, they move to replace Johnson. I would guess that he'll either be gone by the end of the month or they'll wait until after the locals.

https://www.theyworkforyou.com/mp/25...ry_south/votes

General election 2019: Bury South results :
    Conservative Christian Wakeford votes :22,034
    Labour Lucy Burke votesL 21,632

not really hard to see why this happened. He has a history of pursuing politics for his own financial gain.

Tories are tanking and he wants to keep his meal ticket. its not like hes suddenly abandoned his ideology.

the equivalent would be Marjorie Taylor Green saying 'im joining the democrats' and them welcoming her unconditionally if her seat looked like it was going to flip.
    Last edited by jonnysensible; 2022-01-19 at 10:58 PM.