Page 22 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The final nail in the coffin for Blizzard and WoW
    I <3 JK Rowling.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Either you did not clearly make your point or you are denying it after the fact. Either way you said AB is admitting they would never recover from their problems over the past few years. If financial recoveries are fast, and the past 6 months of scandal didn't impact the price, then the company obviously wasn't failing and unable to recover. You can't have it both ways.

Either it was failing and unable to recover or its recovery was inevitable. The sale has nothing to do with Activision Blizzard failing because who would spend 68 billion for a company that wouldn't be able to be turned around, and recover that money, in the near future? The company was fine.
    I stand by that comment (that you edited down), your misinterpretation was the entire rest of my comments.

Seriously, I said other companies can require quickly, like Chipotle. Activision wasn't likely to do so, because of a lack of innovation in the pipeline.

This is not a "me" problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    Gary Whitta (co-producer of Forspoken) is claiming that Acti-Blizz news are not the biggest one in the industry this week. I can't possibly imagine what could "beat" these news.

Link to his twitter if anybody is interested: https://twitter.com/garywhitta/statu...rc=twsrc%5Etfw
    Sony buying Rockstar could be as big. Or Take Two.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Seriously, I said other companies can require quickly, like Chipotle. Activision wasn't likely to do so, because of a lack of innovation in the pipeline. This is not a "me" problem.
    Of course it is a you problem. You are the one arbitrarily deciding they couldn't recover based on nothing more then that being the narrative you want to push. That Microsoft spent a record amount for a gaming company that was failing and unable to recover. Microsoft buying it doesn't simply make the pipeline fill up, lol. If it was failing before it is still failing and doomed after the acquisition.

There is more saying your take is wrong rather then right.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

World of Minecraft.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    WoW has been in a steady decline since BfA. Just because you are completely unwilling to ever say anything negative about WoW doesn't mean you get to insult other people's intelligence.
    Money doesn't care if someone wants or doesn't want to say something "negative", money doesn't care if someone's "intelligence is insulted".
    The invester reports from all years are publicly available.
    The Q3 earnings in 2021 were 2 billion US$ for the whole of ActiBlizz. That is the highest Q3 earning ever.
    The exact same goes for Q1 and Q2. They were the highest ever.
    https://www.statista.com/statistics/...ue-by-quarter/
    Public and/or personal perception of a company and/or it s products does not mean that it is doing bad or good financially.
    Last edited by T-34; 2022-01-18 at 09:47 PM. Reason: grammar

Huh, I always imagined riot merging with Blizz so we get a WoW and LoL crossover

Oh well XD

5+ Year Old Account
    Well, I didn't see the mention of "metaverse" when the news first broke. It's a smart move for Acti-Blizz but I have zero interest in the metaverse. I hope they are smart about what they do with the franchises. I'm not hooking up to a *verse of any kind to play a Warcraft game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Honestly FFXIV with a controller is a lot of fun.
    Honestly, FFXIV is a piece of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    That's some ignorant opinion you have there.

I find it fucking hilarious when people here mention pruning abilities when it comes to console. People are literally afraid for nothing, considering FFXIV has more abilities and bigger rotations and works just fine with a controller, infact sometimes it's even better than with a keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by vincink View Post
    Well, I didn't see the mention of "metaverse" when the news first broke. It's a smart move for Acti-Blizz but I have zero interest in the metaverse. I hope they are smart about what they do with the franchises. I'm not hooking up to a *verse of any kind to play a Warcraft game.
    Didn't Blizz already do a metaverse game with HotS?

Honestly, you should get rid of your blinkers. Your life would be a happier one.

I am surprised this took so long. I have suspected someone would buy them out for awhile. They got this company at an insane steal. COD, WoW, Candy Crush those games are all solid gold and will make tons with the right team.

These games are all the victims of terrible management. They could all be $$$$ again with the right team.

I was not confident in that Activision would turn this around. They were part of the problem......

I think the investors kept that CEO (BK) on because they knew they would sell. There was no reason to keep this company from an investors viewpoint. It had become all risk, which investors do not like. The real game was to keep some value in it (despite the press and lawsuits) until they sold. That's why they promoted that female lead, but really didn't care. They knew they were selling, it was just a matter of trying to keep the price up.

For all those complaining about the Microsoft monopoly or consolidation. That ship already sailed 1000 years ago- you are way too late, what OS do basically all PC's use again?

I hope they bundle the WoW sub with the X box PC games sub...........

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    That's some ignorant opinion you have there.

I find it fucking hilarious when people here mention pruning abilities when it comes to console. People are literally afraid for nothing, considering FFXIV has more abilities and bigger rotations and works just fine with a controller, infact sometimes it's even better than with a keyboard.
    You've got the wrong guy, I never said anything about ability pruning.
    I'm all for WoW port to Xbox, just as long as I can see who's on console so I can not invite them to my party is all.

Honestly, you should get rid of your blinkers. Your life would be a happier one.
    Stabbing my blinkers as we speak.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Link showing the announcement. I guarantee you they aren't going to lose all the money that the current subs give. You haven't called anything.
    They will add it for people and reduce the current monthly fee to half of gamepass. Mark my words, also why would they not? It would bring everyonen over to their ecosystem.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Honestly though the idea that Obsidian or even Bethesda could work on a Warcraft RPG is pretty exciting.

Imagine Azeroth setting with Elder Scrolls gameplay. Explore Azeroth the way it was meant to be explored.

Yes. FFXIV is so terrible which is why it's having more and more players leave WoW to play it. It's so awful that there's still queues to play on every server even during off peak hours. Truly a failure of a game.

Gary Whitta (co-producer of Forspoken) is claiming that Acti-Blizz news are not the biggest one in the industry this week. I can't possibly imagine what could "beat" these news.

Link to his twitter if anybody is interested: https://twitter.com/garywhitta/statu...rc=twsrc%5Etfw
    Been rumors for a while that Apple is buying Sony.

But, who knows.

I could also see Sony buying Square, which I guess could be seen as “bigger” depending on who you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Bought for 17.5x the amount Disney paid Lucas to buy Star Wars, holy crap

I wonder what Microsoft's aim is at here. Blizzard's productivity has dropped off the face of the earth over the last decade. Hearthstone is Blizzard's only game that is still making them money. All of their other projects are either stuck in development hell (D4, OW2, Diablo Immortal, whatever the incubation unit is working on) or is in actual maintenance mode (D3, Starcraft 2, HotS, OW1). Blizzard as a game studio has completely broken down and I doubt Microsoft will fix that. I'm guessing Microsoft is either after what Activision has, and/or the Blizzard IPs so they can license the IPs to competent studios.
    This is actually why I view this as a horrible deal for Microsoft. Games with no set release date, IPs that are dead or dying. They basically made this deal for Call of Duty and Candy Crush. Plus this is at a time when the company itself is at an all time low. They could've gotten them for far less.

With the complete lack of productivity from Blizzard as you put, it will take decades to make back the 68 billion. And sure they can license out the IPs, but for what? Is anyone interesting SC anymore? Diablo? Warcraft? These games are all floundering atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Honestly though the idea that Obsidian or even Bethesda could work on a Warcraft RPG is pretty exciting.

Imagine Azeroth setting with Elder Scrolls gameplay. Explore Azeroth the way it was meant to be explored.
    I'd be up for it. As one of above posters said, monopoly is bad and thus I'm kinda afraid of what's gonna happen to gaming industry in the upcoming years but I'd definitely play a real rpg Warcraft game.