10+ Year Old Account
    Niners vs Bucs

Bills vs Titans

a.k.a. Bills versus the ex-Patriots.

(not being serious, but would be hilarious)

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Aaron Rodgers is 0-3 in the playoffs against the 49ers including a choke job where Kaep went up to Green Bay on a blistering cold night and owned him, and a game where Jimmy G didn't even have to pass the ball because Rodgers couldn't put up enough points to out score the 49ers running game.

I dunno about this one, probably the team Green Bay least wanted to play. Rodgers always chokes vs his home town team. I fully expect Bosa and Warner are fine and suited up for this game based on their social media presence so far this week.
    GB beat SF this season already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Self Inflicted Wounds View Post
    GB beat SF this season already.
    On a last-second field goal, yeah, though GB had +2 turnovers. It certainly could have gone the other way.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    On a last-second field goal, yeah, though GB had +2 turnovers. It certainly could have gone the other way.
    GB was leading most of the game until the 1 minute mark in the 4th Q.

And that was without multiple players - AJ Dillion wasn't booming yet. Now SF has multiple injuries and most of the GB IR players are expected to play.

10+ Year Old Account
    In other words, the 49ers erased a 17-point deficit to take the lead.

Now SF has multiple injuries and most of the GB IR players are expected to play.
    What "multiple injuries"? Bosa and Warner are expected to play on Sunday.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

In other words, the 49ers erased a 17-point deficit to take the lead.

What "multiple injuries"? Bosa and Warner are expected to play on Sunday.
    "Expected" and their QB? Elijah Mitchell has a broken finger I think? Mostert on IR, Willis is doubtful?

Meaning Rodgers said his foot injury is almost healed, and they might get all stars Bakhtiari and Alexander back, as well as MVS.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Expected" and their QB?
    Garoppolo didn't even come out in the Cowboys game. He's cleared to practice. Unless something new comes up, he's expected to play, yes.

Elijah Mitchell has a broken finger I think?
    No? He played against the Cowboys.

Mostert on IR
    Mostert got injured in Week 1. He ran a total of 2 times this season. His absence is something the team has long-since taken in stride.

Willis is doubtful?
    Okay, so Willis is doubtful. I'm still not super worried about the Niner's D-line.

Meaning Rodgers said his foot injury is almost healed, and they might get all stars Bakhtiari and Alexander back, as well as MVS.
    Okay. 49ers didn't have Mitchell last time they played, either. Sounds like it should be a good game.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

And that was without multiple players - AJ Dillion wasn't booming yet. Now SF has multiple injuries and most of the GB IR players are expected to play.
    SF is healthier then they where when they first played lol. They didn't even have their top 3 RBs who where all injured and relied on Sermon who was terrible. They weren't even using Deebo as a spell RB back then. Mitchell being healthy by himself completely changes the game. Greenlaw was also injured who is a key player on defense, during the first meeting.

SF is healthier then they where when they first played lol. They didn't even have their top 3 RBs who where all injured and relied on Sermon who was terrible. They weren't even using Deebo as a spell RB back then. Mitchell being healthy by himself completely changes the game. Greenlaw was also injured who is a key player on defense, during the first meeting.
    So lets get this straight, GB lead 99% of the game and won. Okay and now 3 of their better player son both side of the field are expected to play. Okay. And SF has more injuries than normal. I'm not betting a paycheck here, but cmon.

- - - Updated - - -

Garoppolo didn't even come out in the Cowboys game. He's cleared to practice. Unless something new comes up, he's expected to play, yes.

No? He played against the Cowboys.

Mostert got injured in Week 1. He ran a total of 2 times this season. His absence is something the team has long-since taken in stride.

Okay, so Willis is doubtful. I'm still not super worried about the Niner's D-line.

Okay. 49ers didn't have Mitchell last time they played, either. Sounds like it should be a good game.
    I don't know what you mean by come out. But he has an injury designation, more than one I think. I'm not guaranteeing he will or won't play, but thats important to note. Players often play injured, and Jimmy G has a history of injury. He has a thumb and shoulder issue.

Just because Mitchell played doesn't mean he isn't injured. He didn't practice and it was actually his knee.

Bosa also didn't practice. But we don't know the end result of any of these yet, but its definitely something to think about when guessing who will win.

Also looks like Randall Cobb is playing for GB.

10+ Year Old Account
    So lets get this straight, GB lead 99% of the game and won.
    GB was +2 in turnovers and yet barely squeaked it out with a last-second field goal. Teams with +2 or more turnovers have an 86.3% win rate, and GB almost became an anomalous statistic by losing that game.

Sure, turnovers are a part of the game. And the Packers are +13 this season. But they've been bad at turnovers in the playoffs in the past. Also, the 49ers started the first 8 games at -10 turnovers (1-11). The last 10 games (including last weekend), however, they were +5 (8-3). During that same time, the Packers have also been +5 (10-5).

And SF has more injuries than normal.
    Says whom? What's normal? You're acting like the Packers aren't beat up by the regular season, too. All the pieces are there for the 49ers; there are no glaring holes or weaknesses in their roster.

I'm not betting a paycheck here, but cmon.
    No, you're just being ridiculously overconfident. C'mon.

I don't know what you mean by come out. But he has an injury designation, more than one I think.
    Garoppolo says he feels good. Rodgers says he feels good.

<shrug>

Just because Mitchell played doesn't mean he isn't injured. He didn't practice and it was actually his knee.
    Mitchell didn't practice specifically to keep his knee rested for the weekend. It's what he's done for weeks since returning from injury.

It's literally the same thing that Bakhtiari did by not practicing Tuesday, so... Also, Bakhtiari has only had 27 snaps in the last year, so he's likely to be less than 100%. He's also listed as questionable right now with a "we'll see how he responds today in practice".

Like, I get you wanting to be optimistic, but you're just ignoring realities by pretending that things are stacked for the Packers. The injuries are more or less on par with each other, and the 49ers have been much better at handling the football the last half of the season. GB gets home field advantage, sure, but you're needlessly acting like this is a done deal.

It's nowhere close.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

GB was +2 in turnovers and yet barely squeaked it out with a last-second field goal. Teams with +2 or more turnovers have an 86.3% win rate, and GB almost became an anomalous statistic by losing that game.

Sure, turnovers are a part of the game. And the Packers are +13 this season. But they've been bad at turnovers in the playoffs in the past. Also, the 49ers started the first 8 games at -10 turnovers (1-11). The last 10 games (including last weekend), however, they were +5 (8-3). During that same time, the Packers have also been +5 (10-5).

Says whom? What's normal? You're acting like the Packers aren't beat up by the regular season, too. All the pieces are there for the 49ers; there are no glaring holes or weaknesses in their roster.

No, you're just being ridiculously overconfident. C'mon.

Garoppolo says he feels good. Rodgers says he feels good.

<shrug>

Mitchell didn't practice specifically to keep his knee rested for the weekend. It's what he's done for weeks since returning from injury.

It's literally the same thing that Bakhtiari did by not practicing Tuesday, so... Also, Bakhtiari has only had 27 snaps in the last year, so he's likely to be less than 100%. He's also listed as questionable right now with a "we'll see how he responds today in practice".

Like, I get you wanting to be optimistic, but you're just ignoring realities by pretending that things are stacked for the Packers. The injuries are more or less on par with each other, and the 49ers have been much better at handling the football the last half of the season. GB gets home field advantage, sure, but you're needlessly acting like this is a done deal.

It's nowhere close.
    The Packers are beat up? Man I don't know which reports you are looking at, Jimmy G and Rodgers injuries are also much different. Jimmy can say he feels fine, because of course he would say that before a playoff game, but multiple reports say otherwise. He also said his injuries affect every throw, meanwhile, I don't know if you watched the Packers, but Rodgers toe didn't seem to hurt him much at all. "All of the pieces are there" you mean like with GB? Like they are doing really well, and that is often despite missing Alexander, Smith, and Bakhtiari for all/most of the season, all very good players. They played well without Adams too, while the Cards were on a hot streak.

Early in the season GBs defense wasn't as put together as well as they are now either, they have flipped the script.

"Ridiculously overconfident" how exactly are you looking at this situation then? You act like GB getting some of the best players at their positions back is an aside, but a beat up Jimmy G says he feels good means a lot to you? I dunno man. I know the history of GB vs SF in the playoffs, but Jimmy is a lot different than Kaep, better overall, but he doesn't have the legs that Kaep had.

I am not acting like this is a done deal at all, I literally said I wouldn't bet a paycheck on this game. You responded to me saying GB has already beaten SF before they caught their stride - I was responding to someone listing out games that happened ~8 years ago with completely different coaches, GMs, and most of the GB team was completely different, save for Mason Crosby and Aaron Rodgers. Just doesn't seem that relevant.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Man I'm starting to think the 1 seed Packers might be underdogs by tomorrow morning.

The media's fallen in love with Jimmy Garropolo again.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Man I'm starting to think the 1 seed Packers might be underdogs by tomorrow morning.

The media's fallen in love with Jimmy Garropolo again.
    Have they? Since when? All I hear is that he's hurt (again) and that his actions in the Cowboys game almost cost his team the win. I have heard literally zero positive things about him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Posted a few hours ago.

CBS: NFL divisional round injury reports: Jimmy Garoppolo ready for 49ers; Packers' David Bakhtiari questionable
    • 49ers: DE Nick Bosa (concussion), DE Jordan Willis (ankle), CB Ambry Thomas (knee) QUESTIONABLE
    • Packers: WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling (back) DOUBTFUL; OT David Bakhtiari (knee), CB Jaire Alexander (shoulder) QUESTIONABLE

The biggest takeaway from the 49ers' injury report comes at the quarterback spot, where San Francisco didn't even list starter Jimmy Garoppolo (thumb, shoulder) despite the veteran saying he's clearly affected by his ailments. That means Jimmy G -- though not 100 percent -- is a full go for Green Bay, with rookie Trey Lance waiting in the event of an emergency. Bosa, meanwhile, would be a monumental loss if he can't go, but coach Kyle Shanahan indicated that won't be the case.

The Packers will likely offset Valdes-Scantling's absence with the return of reserve wideout Randall Cobb (core) from IR. More importantly, Bakhtiari and Alexander may or may not be back. The former started in Week 18 after a long journey back from an ACL tear but only practiced once this week, while Alexander hasn't played since October. Good news: RB Aaron Jones (knee), RT Billy Turner (knee) and linebacker De'Vondre Campbell (elbow) are all fully cleared to return.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Already tired of this Josh McCown stuff. Texans should just hire him now so we can move onto the yearly fight over if the Rooney Rule even matters anymore.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    So, yeah, Garoppolo, Warner, and Mitchell weren't even on the injury report from yesterday, and now Bosa is off it as well.

While MVS is likely out of the game and Bakhtiari didn't practice again yesterday and is questionable.

But some people would have it that the 49ers are way more beat-up than the Packers.

Weird.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    It's interesting to me that even though the Giants have been an absolute trainwreck organization for years, they seemingly are still the ones dictating this offseason with their hires. They were the first domino to fall in the GM search and also seem to be the team everyone is waiting on to make their Coaching hire.

Guess that NFC East/Old Guard pull is still strong in the league, even with them being this bad this long.

Here's to hoping that Gaines, Donald, and Miller feast and send the Bucs back to watching on the couch.

Bengals vs. Bills
    Bucs vs. Packers.

Bills vs. Bucs, we end Tom Brady's career. Only way it can end.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and the Bills assistant GM has been hired by the Giants to replace Gettleman. He's such a good AGM I kind of want to make the Giants my NFC team. Even though they beat us in SBXXV. Especially if Daboll goes there to be his HC. I can't see Daboll going without getting the right to draft his own QB though.