Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    MT until it is done!

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Forget about micro transactions I just want to know when I can start blaming Microsoft for WoW being shit

15+ Year Old Account
    OP is absolutely clueless about how MS operates compared to Activision Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Y'all should console (pun not intended....well, maybe a little) yourselves that ATVI was not bought up by EA or TenCent. Or Disney for that matter. There's a lot worse outcomes to imagine than Microsoft (although I find it troubling that MS is buying up so much stuff).
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Y'all should console (pun not intended....well, maybe a little) yourselves that ATVI was not bought up by EA or TenCent. Or Disney for that matter. There's a lot worse outcomes to imagine than Microsoft (although I find it troubling that MS is buying up so much stuff).
    Everything is becoming one its how our world works... though enough politics there is a real chance that your wow sub might soon get you into the game pass program.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Exactly. Wow has been p2w for a few years now lol
    Since WoD you mean

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shammypie View Post
    Until now wow has been mostly microtransaction free.
    Yes, it's MTX "free" in the sense that there is nothing "micro" about the cash shop. Hell, current design makes the vanilla D3 auction house look tame by comparison.

I'd very much have an ESO-like kind of monetisation instead of the crap going on in WoW these days.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    >Buying gold, buying several game services, buying mounts, buying pets, buying transmogs, buying digital collector editions
    >WoW mostly microtransaction free

Hhhmmm...
    well compared to other mmos like FF or gw2 that are basicaly a dressup barby sim...yeah,its on the lighter side

Until now wow has been mostly microtransaction free. Yeah a lot of people buy gold and the occassional mount but that isn't that game breaking just an economy issue. However there has been ample opportunity for micro transactions to be implemented and cut out the middle man of players that make a side hustle with it. Here is what I expect to really see from the buyout

10 extra loot rolls for 5$
    <Insert farmable resource here> 1$ a stack
    Experience buffs 1$
    etc etc
    What? Microtansaction free? Have you ever seen any of the Investor Call results? The reason WoW keeps churning more and more money despite either falling or stagnant times of subs is because microtransactions are extremely prevalent and profitable to the company
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

I wish people would stop freaking out over Microsoft taking over. Everything from "Oh MS going to destroy the game with micro transactions now" to "MS is going to put WoW in maintenance mode and cancel the next expansion" feels so hysterical. I guess change is scary but painting these doomsday scenarios based on nothing is silly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah but just think about how MS ruined Elderscrolls Online.. oh wait
    This space could contain your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardRoe View Post
    I wish people would stop freaking out over Microsoft taking over. Everything from "Oh MS going to destroy the game with micro transactions now" to "MS is going to put WoW in maintenance mode and cancel the next expansion" feels so hysterical. I guess change is scary but painting these doomsday scenarios based on nothing is silly.
    Especially since we wouldn't have gotten roses and unicorns in the next years anyway.
    Out of the 14 million possible futures there is only one in which blizzard didn't mess up wows future by themselves. Maybe microsoft will ruin Wow but thats a chance im willing to take if the alternative is activision blizzard.

You`re right.
    Calling them macrotransactions seems more appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    Did you stop playing in 2009 or what?
    The only thing missing from the shop is gear lol.
    Yeah and skill boost, rep boost, power boost and mission table power boost, and instant complete mission items, bags of herbs, ore and enhanting materials.

So no Wow havent been free from microtransactions but have alot less then other games, and yes others games dont need a subscription to play but there is still subscriptions for those that want extra power and stuff which free to play players dont get.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    Yeah and skill boost, rep boost, power boost and mission table power boost, and instant complete mission items, bags of herbs, ore and enhanting materials.

So no Wow havent been free from microtransactions but have alot less then other games, and yes others games dont need a subscription to play but there is still subscriptions for those that want extra power and stuff which free to play players dont get.
    This last point is a good one and not brought up often enough. Almost every MMO, even the F2P ones, have a subscription plan that provides extra benefits. I don't know if I think it's a better revenue model but something like a monthly subscription is available in nearly all of them. Much like ways to turn game currency into something that can be used in the game store as MTX currency is a feature now of most MMO's and has been for years.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Excuse me... what?
    Is this an out of season april fools joke?

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    Did you stop playing in 2009 or what?
    The only thing missing from the shop is gear lol.
    Gear is there too.

It’s just called “WoW token” and you have an extra step to go to the AH after you get it.

If the gear you want isn’t there, don’t worry there are plenty of groups who will boost you to get what you want.

You might even get play with the CEO of Blizzard in one of those groups.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    Gear is there too.

It’s just called “WoW token” and you have an extra step to go to the AH after you get it.

If the gear you want isn’t there, don’t worry there are plenty of groups who will boost you to get what you want.

You might even get play with the CEO of Blizzard in one of those groups.
    this is delusional at the highest level LOL what you wanna buy shitty boe?
    ...Le Poète est semblable au prince des nuées
    Qui hante la tempête e se rit de l'archer;
    Exilé sul le sol au milieu des huées,
    Ses ailes de géant l'empêchent de marcher.

Charles Baudelaire

Quote Originally Posted by Akta View Post
    this is delusional at the highest level LOL what you wanna buy shitty boe?
    You sure you thought this through?

You buy the boost with the loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    >>Implying Microsoft is known for microtransactions more than Activision
    Lets not forget halo infinite where they take like 10 bucks for a suit color. Its gonna be a LOT worse than now